P90X Check-in Fri 4-28

Mckmain

Cathlete
Good TGIF ladies!!

I am doing MM back and abs. Also a 4 mile run. We are having some great weather and I am happy the rain is gone!!

Enjoy the day..:)

Morning Carole and everyone else that follows!

I just finished Legs & Back and gonna try the Turbo Jam Fat Blaster at lunch.

It has been beautiful here as well. It is supposed to be a beautiful 78 here today!!!

Have a great Friday!!

Good morning beautiful buff ladies!!

It IS a gorgeous day in California, isn't it? I drove to work with my Mini's sunroof wide open. I'm so happy! (Oh yeah - TGIF TGIF TGIF TGIF!!! :+ )

I did Legs and Back today, follwed by ME abs. (I do Ab Ripper every other workout). My new Polar HRM only had me burning 421 calories for this (my Timex has be burning 700 last time, but it was flakey by that point). Oh well, I enjoyed it either way. I finish this one feeling worked from head to toe!

Some of the girls from my office and I are going out to lunch to Chevy's (already have picked out what I'm going to eat, so no worries - the chicken frajitas and corn tortillas) - so no afternoon exercise for me. May do some more yoga tonight. I really enjoyed that last night.

DH comes home tomorrow afternoon - late enough so that I can get in a 4 or 5 mile run and some kick boxing (probably Power Strike).

TGIF it is! Chest & Back today with much improvement in my strength! Sooo happy with increased reps. Ab Ripper w/less pauses too! WOO HOO!
Rest day must have been good for me! Still using the purple bands - anybody have an actual pullup bar? Love to hear about that!

Carole - sounds like a wonderful day for you! I love MM!

Anne - Way to go with L/B + TJ Fat BLast! Do you like TJ?

Christine - Glad to hear about strength improvements! FUn to see results! Have fun at lunch.

Alicia - Glad to hear p/up getting easier. I love Imax 2 too. May sub it tom. Sounds like great career for you!

Julie - sorry to hear about all your dental work. no fun! I also feel the yoga! It makes me sweat when I bring it!

All 90x-ers who follow! Smile, bring it, and eat clean!

Hello fellow X'ers. Today I did Kenpo X and a 3-mile run. I liked Kenpo X more than in the past. I find it interesting though that I seem to be craving Yoga x, which I'm on for tomorrow. As I've said I am not a big yoga fan, but now that I've been doing it for a bit, I really feel when I've not done it for a few days.

I made 6 dozen chocolate chip cookies today and didn't eat one! We're taking them to the firemen at the local fire station tonight (hey - my kids get to sit on the big fire trucks - cheap family night out, AND the cookies won't be left here!!) But I've got my DD's birthday party tomorrow so I know I'll cheat with some cake. Have a great weekend all.

Lorrie

Janet - I'm still using the purple bands, too. I would love to get a pull up bar to find out how strong I really am... Oh well, I can still feel it when I use the bands, so it must be doing some good! Don't you just LOVE the strength gains?

Lorrie - I'm so proud of you! 6 dozen chocolate chip cookies and you didn't even eat ONE?! You're an iron woman! I'd have had to sample one... I like Kenpo X - it's a sleeper workout. Once you figure out how to do the moves with real intensity, you can get a killer workout. Happy birthday to your DD!!! How old is she turning?

Had anyone else noticed an increase in energy with P90X? I'm bouncing off the walls today. Literally. I have a desk job, so I sit on my derrier all day long. I've been timing my restroom visits to when no one else is there, and doing 25 sets of a plyo move from Plyo X (only did 4 sets total so far), it's the only thing that seems to be working. No wonder my coworkers think I'm nuts. :+

Christine - that is hillarious!!! :) I do think that I have more energy too - even though when I lay down for bed - I am out fast!

Lorrie - That is great that you didnt touch one cookie. My problem isnt the cookies - but the batter!!! :)

Janet - I am using the Red band - but feel I need to get the green one. The only thing stopping me is that the one green band is just about as expensive as buying another set of 3. So will have to break down soon and get one!

I didnt the new Turbo Jam Fat Blaster today. It is 30 min and flies by. There are 4 "Turbos" intensity blasts. It did a good job of taking my pulse lower - the spiking it and back down. Good intervals. As soon as I finished that - I mowed the lawn - so got in a little extra workout add-on!

Have a great rest of your Friday everyone!!!

Not workout related, but I've got to tell you that those firemen (and 1 firewoman) LOVED those cookies. We live in a relatively small community and we have 2 ambulances and 4 fire trucks - my kids went in every vehicle! They rang the bells, sounded the sirens, laid on the stretchers - they had a ball! And the fireman taught them how the equipment all works (my kids are 7, 5 (the b-day girl) and 2! Then they got the coloring books, pencils, and badges. Most fire departments are supported by your tax dollars and the personnel love to show it off to taxpayors. So if you're looking for something to do that's free (but for the cookie ingredients) and educational - there you go.

Lorrie

Good Evening, all!

Glad to hear everyone is going strong.

Today was Core Synergistics. I still can't decide if I like it or not....I hate doing the Dreya rolls, but I love those lunges.
It is pretty amazing the strength gains we're making, isn't it? I am noticing it more and more in just the little daily tasks, like mowing the yard or chopping and pulling out roots.

Someone asked about pull-up bars; I got a Fitness Gear Power Tower at Dick's Sporting Goods and have been using it. (It is just like the one they sell at BeachBody).I can do a few on my own now, but need to use a chair to get maximum reps.

Have a great night!
Julie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.