OoOoO..LETS GO..1.12-1.17..OoOoO

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning gals

Today was Empire State. I was able to fast forward thru the rests till the last 2 rounds. For the bonus snatches, I did 2 minutes of snatches (no high pulls) rested 30 seconds, and finished with snatches - 5 on each side, till the time was up:D

Gin/Marcy~ I hope you had a nice weekend

Have a great day!

Hi Ladies!

I started out today doing the HSTA cardio premix and stretch and then did Empire State (all except last round). I used double 20# KBs on the Chest Press, Suitcase Row, one-legged deadlifts with row (did good on R side but really bad on the left), suitcase deadlift. I also did one pullup and 3/4 of a chinup. Did one minute of hi-pulls to snatches (only did 45 secs. last time). I still needed extra rests in a lot of rounds but maybe it was because I did HSTA before this. It's also cold out today and my asthma kicks in in the cold weather.

I went to a dance on Saturday night. Lost a pound and then gained it all back! I guess it's because I sat on my butt most of the day yesterday. I put away almost all of the holiday decorations including all the ornaments off the tree. Now I just have to put the tree away which I'll try and do next weekend.

Deanie - I didn't get any DOMS from Lauren's workout. I think I might try Newport on Wednesday. I'm skeeered! Congrats on getting the Gym Boss and 20# KB.

Gin - I'm still trying to figure out what my best workout formula is too. After this month, I'll see where I am and then maybe try changing things up again. It's nice your friend is able to run with you again. It's supposed to get real cold here by the end of the week.:mad:

Have a great day!

Marcy

Marcy~ WOW great workout today! I used double kettlebells, but only for the suitcase row. I did use my 30 for the chest press's - I wasn't sure if I wanted to go with 2 or up my weight!:eek: Try doing the joint mobility on ES as a warm up- I like it..instead of HSTA. You've gotta be winded after that warmup and I bet it takes away from your workout....Anywhoo... I think I am going to try Newport on Saturday, that way I am off the next day for recuperation!! I'm askeered too!!:p If you want to wait and do it together, yea!!:) if not, I totally understand, but I want a FULL REPORT!!;):p

Waves to Gin!

Deanie - I'm just trying to fit in cardio anywhere I can. I probably was more tired today because of the cardio. I think I got through it a little faster last time. I have done the joint mobility as warmup but it just doesn't warm me up that much. It's more of a stretch for me.

I finished the Figure 8 to a hold today. I didn't last time. I guess I felt better doing the one-legged deadlift with 2 bells but I think I was a little bit wobbly on the left side because I should have taken a few more seconds to recover from the first side.

I think I'll do Newport either Wednesday or Friday (sorry, but I don't really work out on weekends except dancing). I promise to give you a full report.

Hi Gin!

Marcy

Marcy~ figure 8 to a hold is my favorite move! Don't know why....its just so fun:)
I totally understand about doing Newport during the week, I'll look forward to your report.:cool: I got my Gymboss today,:):) couldn't figure out how to set it up, so it was a good thing my DS12 was home....He set it up for me!!!LOL LOL !! So tomorrow I think I will do HIIT on the treadmill and then the 4 min. tabata (with the gym boss) on the ropes!:D:) I'm psyched for that! I'm curious to see what the deal of the week is at AOS. I know I can't spend anymore but still......

Deanie - Luckily, I got all the AOS DVDs I wanted and I don't think he has anything new for now so my wallet gets a break at AOS. The 25# KB went back up in price on Amazon so now I'm going to have to wait for a good deal again. At least I can start using the two 20#ers.

So what does the Gym Boss do?

Marcy

Tuesday

Good Morning

Today was HIIT level 11 on the tm and a 4 min. tabata with the ropes using my gym boss.

Marcy~ running late, see my post in the kettlebell checkin- I answered your question there;)

Gin~ Are you still with us? Miss you!!

BBL!!!!!

Good Morning!

I did Beyond Balletone today. Not too strenuous but for a barre workout, my shoulders were fried the most. I was thinking about doing some swings and then chickened out. Tomorrow I will be doing Newport and will give a full report.

Deanie - I saw your post about the GymBoss. Thanks. I caved and ordered a 25# Go Fit KB from Sports Authority. They had the cheapest shipping so I went for it. The 25 should hold me for a while. I can't wait to try Newport tomorrow. From my notes, it says Newport is more of an endurance workout so it might be tough for me. I might also try Firepower on Friday. Have you done this one yet?

Gin - Hope everything's okay. We miss you.

Have a great day!

Marcy

Okay Marcy....you are making me jealous!!! I haven't even thought about doing fire power!!! Just watching it makes me have DOMS;)... and I can't wait to do Newport!! Since I get so sore/DOMS from the kettlebell workouts, I prefer to do new ones on a day when I am off the next day:confused: did that make sense?:confused: You will be happy you ordered the 25#kb. I'm sure you are ready for it! I was actually thinking the week before I start ETK I would try the dvds I've yet to try. So I may try Firepower and Santa Monica then. Also by then I should have my second kb.:D

yes, Newport is more endurance from what my notes say too! Good Luck, but don't do too much if your asthma is acting up!!

Deanie - I don't usually preview first so maybe I'm not as scared as I should be but I always love a challenge. So far I'm very happy with all the KB DVDs I've gotten. There are so many KB workouts out there, I'm sure we'll never be bored. Eventually, I'll start doing my own thing but right now I'm still comfortable just doing the DVDs.

I'm really glad I got the 25# KB. If I need to go to 30 or 35 , I could just add ankle weights on my arms or around the bell part of the KB. Should have thought of that sooner!

Marcy

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Sorry, I didn't get to check-in yesterday.
I am on week 3 of FF's rotation. Today was PUB chest and tris (pyramid up and down and then pyramid up again) then GS C&T drop set pushups and close grip bbl press then KPC abs.:p Lots of reps.

Did I tell you girls that I bought CTX for $30. from a girl on the yaya swap? I am so excited! I have just about all of Cathe's now!:D

Gotta run. Take care!:D

Wednesday

Good Morning

Today was Manmakers 2X and a kb complex. I did the manmakers with 20#dbs and the swings and crush curls with the 30#kb. I will be feeling this later today, I'm sure! I also added on a cardio kettlebell complex that was TOUGH!

Gin~ Tough workout yesterday! Are you sore today? Yea! to CTX!!:D Thats a great price and I know you will love it! The cardio is short and intense but also alot of fun!

Marcy~ How'd you do with Newport? I hope your breathing was okay! We have been doing ES, and that is supposed to get you ready for Newport.

Have a great day!

Good Afternoon!

Today was Newport. It was brutal! (See my review at kettlebell check-in). I did 9 out of the 10 rounds. Missed Round 8. Ran out of time since I had to take extra rests. Workout is 53:17. Took me 70 mins. to complete what I did. Really exhausting. Used 20# KB throughout except I didn't use it for the Russian Twists/twisting bicycle but kept my feet off the floor.

Deanie - ES is nothing compared to Newport! The first round exhausted me and it didn't get any easier (except for rounds 5 and 7). I only did a couple of sets of the Snatch/Turkish Get-up/Windmill (you do all 3 moves on one side before going to the other). I found Anthony's form easier to follow for the turkish getup than the instructional Iron Core DVD. I think it was because of the way he was facing. Did with my 20# KB. The 20 was enough for me with this workout. I can't wait until I build up enough endurance that I don't need extra rests. Then maybe I can fit some cardio in.

Gin - Congrats on getting CTX! What a great price! FF's rotation sounds tough this month. You must be getting real strong.

Have a great day!

Marcy

Hi Girsl!

Today was PUB BSB pyramind up, down and up again and then GS BSB t-back squeeze with the band, overhead press and reverse curls. I KNOW I will have DOMS in the biceps!:eek: Then I did 4ds kb abs.
Yesterday I did Step Jam for the first time. It was okay, not my fav, but it was good.

Sorry, I have to run to work!:eek:
Have a great day!

Good Afternoon!

Today I did Mark Blanchard's The Flow. I did a pretty good crane (tried to come down into headstand but it just wasn't happening); held a headstand for a record 4 seconds and did a good shoulderstand. My balances were off today. I also did 100 swings - 25 2-handed, 25 right, 25 left and 25 alternating without stopping.

I think I'll do Firepower tomorrow only one time through with long rests and try and add in some cardio (which I'm sorely lacking in this rotation). I've got to get a couple of pounds off of me. My belly is protruding way too much. I eat fine during the day and then just eat too much when I get home.

Gin - Hope your biceps aren't too sore later. So when are you going to try out CTX?

Deanie - How was your workout? How do you like working with the ropes? Did you have your bootcamp today with the kids?

Have a great day!

Marcy

good afternoon

today i slept in and had to workout after work. I did level 11 on the hiit program on my treadmill and a 4 min. tabata with the ropes.

Marcy~ I was looking over all the premix options for firepower and that's the one I would pick also for the first time. Good luck and have fun!:)

Gin~ tough workout! you will soooo be ready for STS!

have a good one!

TGIF

Good Morning gals

Today was Providence and I had a really good workout!!! I hope I'm not too sore for Newport tomorrow, I'm really looking forward to trying that.

Stats:
Round 1: swings : 30#

Round 2: cleans : 25#

Round 3: chest presses : 30#

Round 4: squats/sumo Deadlift: 30#

Round 5: one leg Deadlift: 30#

Round 6: windmills into an overhead squat: 25#

Round 7: clean and press : 25#

Round 8: flip and squat: 25#

Round 9: tactical lunges: 25#

Round 10: triple crush:25#

Round 11: sling shot into a figure 8 with a static hold: 25#

Round 12: seated press: 25# ( up from last weeks 20#)

Round 13: one arm row: 25#

Round 14: pullovers, Russian twists, Sicilian crunch: 25#

Round 15: 3 minute snatch test - rested 3 minutes then did the entire 3 minutes of the snatch test!!!!:D:):D I didn't follow Anthony, just went at my own pace, but I am psyched I finished (that was my goal for today, to do the whole snatch test)

Marcy~ can't wait for the firepower update!!! I hope you enjoyed it

Gin~ I hope you had a good workout today!

TGIF!!
Have a great weekend!

Good Morning!

I did Firepower and Drills 1-5 and 8 of BC Cardio Premix.

Round 1: Did all the Turkish getups (4) - 30 secs. each side

Round 2: Did all of the alternating clean and press and double static rows. (1 min. of each)

Round 3: Super burpee, figure 8 to a hold and super plank (spider pushup and regular pushup) (I'm getting rug burn on my elbows from these). Each exercise is 1 min.

Round 4: Alternating double clean and press (1 min. - this one was really tough for me - I stopped twice and couldn't finish). Suitcase deadlift - do one, turn around halfway and pick it up again. I did these with 20# and I could have easily done 25#, if not 30#.

Alternating chest press - kept up with Anthony.

Russian Twists with pullovers - 1 min. Anthony does the Russian twist with a hot potato - did all

Round 5: Hi-pull to a snatch - did all.

Seasaw press - got through them all but did get tough toward the end.

Figure 8 to a hold with tactical lunge - did all.

Renegade Rows - toughest exercise of the workout for me. Had trouble balancing on the KBs - didn't finish.

Triple Crush (he does a squat during the curl) - was able to get deeper in my squats.

5 minute snatch test - personal best - went 2 mins. and did 3 sets of 5 on each side.

I liked Firepower. I found it to be harder than Providence and Empire State and easier than Newport (I find the strength ones easier than the endurance ones.) Actually, it wasn't too bad with the exception of the Alternate Double Cleans, Seesaw Rows and Renegade Rows. I took extra rests in places so what should have taken me 30 mins. took me 50 mins. I should be getting my 25# KB in a couple of days and will start doing Providence with 25#.

Also did part of Cathe's BC cardio premix - DH stopped me during terminator climbers - said I was making too much noise. Skipped a few exercises and then finished up with the icebreakers.

I am also thinking of doing the Pullup Challenge http://twentypullups.com/. Pretty much like the pushup challenge from a couple of months ago. The second month of ETK has pullups so I though it would be a good idea to get us ready for it. Interested?

Deanie - I'm impressed you want to do Newport tomorrow after doing Providence today. I hope you won't be too sore tomorrow. Good work on going up on the seated press:D

Gin - Hope you had a great workout!

Have a great day!

Marcy

Marcy~ I'm glad you liked Firepower. Are you going to do it again next week? Are you going to start ETK with us on the 2nd of Feb? :D Did you get the AOS workbook (ebook) for it? I want to do the pullup challenge, but I want to install my new pull up bar first so I can use that. I think I will have better results on that as opposed to the swinging bar:eek: I should be getting it any day now. When I ordered it last month, it was back ordered. It shipped on the 13th, so I'm thinking either tomorrow or Wed. Then my DH has to put it up. LOL about your DH's comment!!!

I hope I can do Newport tomorrow too;) I'm hoping I will be okay.....

forgot to mention...apparently to do the ETK program correctly, you really need to stick to the program. So I will be doing swings 2X a week and TGUs 2X a week (I think I will be adding in HIIT though) I will be doing swings with 35# kb and the TGU with my 25#, but I may be able by the end of the 4 weeks to use a 30#. The swings are where you do 20 swings and a minute of active rest; using the ropes, or jumprope, or doing mountain climbers, or pushups, etc.... You repeat this cycle for 12 min. Should be tough. Each week the swings increase in how many you do. link to the question: http://www.artofstrength.com/OnlineForum/tabid/94/forumid/9/postid/10560/view/topic/Default.aspx

I got my second 20# kettlebell today!:)

Last edited:
Deanie - I might do Firepower next week. Since I'm on a roll trying out the new DVDs, I'd like to try Santa Monica. Have you done this or only done the ropes section? I didn't get the AOS ebook. Is it possible for you to print out the workout exactly as is? I'm sure since it has active rests, it might not be such a bad workout. What active rests will you be doing? I think I'll alternate the rests with terminators and pushups. Maybe I can do the pullup challenge with ETK for the active rests? What do you think? Do you have other ideas for active rests? Since it's a shorter rotation, I'll have more time for cardio.

I should have my 25# in time to start the rotation. I'm ready for 25# on the swings but I'll have to do the TGUs with the 20# for awhile.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.