Finished my workout:

ETK week 1 day 4:

not as hard as the first time
smile.gif

* 4X thru the warm up

all swings with the 35#kb
*7 cycles of swings/active rest
*1 set 20X swings
...added active rests of triple crush and figure 8 to a hold with the 25#kb.

*pyramid style pullups/pushups to 3:
1 pullup/ 5 pushups
2 pullups/ 10 pushups
3 pullups/ 15 pushups
...then back down.
the first pullup was unassisted the rest were with my new band. all pushups on my toes.

I wanted to do a short something else, wasn't sure what to do, so I ended up doing nothing!
confused.gif
tongue.gif

I will have to think about it for next week.
maybe a short jump rope or rope tabata....

Andilynn~ Glad you got ETK and you will be joining us!

waves to everyone!! have a great day!
BBL~

Hi Deanie I'm a day behind schedule as yesterday I had to deal with a minor car crisis.

Since today is my planned rest day I'll be doing yesterday's workout today ~ BootCamp w/ D3W1 ETK

Hope to BBL.....

picture.php

Hi Everyone~

Another cold morning here in South Georgia. I had to wear gloves this morning!

I'm not sure I'll have time for a workout today, but if I do, it will be my February Challenge, which for today is:
5 Renegade Rows
4 TGU
3 Planks
2 Mr. Spectaculars
1 Burpee
200 Jump Ropes or Swings

Deanie, Vilma and Andilynn ~ I'm so impressed that you are doing ETK. I have it also but have only done pieces of it, not the whole program. Keep up the good work!

Waves hi to Gayle and Marcy.

Good morning to everybody!
I think I'll be doing Empire State this afternoon after I get all my errands done( if I can get my car out today) tomorrow it's supposed to warm up and I hope finally all this ice and snow will melt!

I'm anxiously watching for the mailman and my copy of ETK!

Have a great day! Waves " hi" to Deanie, Gayle , Jane , Vilma, Pascal and any else that stops by!

Good Morning All!

Today was Week 1, Day 3 of ETK. I did 4 rounds of the warmup and 5 complete cycles of the workout. I have to admit I rested after the pushups to squat thrust. I used 25# for all the swings. I could've done more if I hadn't stopped 2 mins. early. I think next week I will use more strength based moves for active rests. Today was also another cold one here in GA. But luckily it's going up to 60 tomorrow and the next few days after that.

Deanie - Nice work with your pullup/pushup challenge. I'm going to try and do my pullup challenge tonight. I've been too tired the last few days.

Jane - I still can't wait to see Day 28 of your February challenge!

Andilynn - I hope ETK comes today.

Vilma - Have a great workout!

Waves to all who follow!

Marcy

Good afternoon, everyone!

Deanie, Marcy, Vilma - Good job with ETK. How long is the program?

Andilynn - Have fun with Empire State. We hit a high of 9 degrees today, so I feel your pain about the cold.

Jane - I also can't wait to see what day 28 of your challenge looks like.

I did the Mtn. Athlete workout last night. It was a good kinda "grind-your-way-through-it" workout. I need to pick up some paint supplies tonight, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a workout in.

One cool thing that I noticed in last night's workout: It included a triplet of bench press, GHD sit up, slasher to halo in descending sets of 10-9-8-7...2-1. I have always been REALLY BAD at the barbell bench press...it's been one of my most hated exercises. It's uncomfortable and I could never lift much, 45 lbs at most for 2 or 3 sets of 10...with a struggle.

Now I haven't benched in at least 2 years (I hate it that much), so last night, I loaded the bar to 55 lbs and gave it a shot. I made it through the whole workout and I think I had more in the tank. :)

I don't know if it's the kettlebells, the oly lifting, the sandbag or a combination...but I like it! :D

Have a great rest of the day everyone!

Hi Again!

Just thought I'd post a routine from the AOS Women's Page in case you hadn't seen it:

Breakdown:

remember, treat this like a flow drill. Start in the push-up position with your hands on 2 kettlebells (kettlebells that you can perform an iron cross with). Do 10 push-ups and (burpee style) jump up and clean the bells to the rack position. Press both bells overhead and bring them down into an iron cross. Bring them back into the clean position and repeat 5 more times.

The routine:

Push-Up (on kettlebells) (10)
to
double clean (1)
to
double overhead press to an iron cross (6)

Gayle - Great work on the bench press!:D I tried to sign up for mountain athlete yesterday but couldn't find a place to sign up on the website.

ETK starts with 4 weeks of swings and TGUs. You do the warmup for 10 minutes and cycles of swings with active rests for as many cycles as you can for 12 minutes.

After that, you get to the RKC Rite of Passage. The clean and press is a staple of the workout for the next 7 weeks. You do a ladder of clean and presses with a pullup after that. Then you do a dice roll (Anthony has kindly rolled the dice for us) and depending on the roll, that's how many snatches you do. Monday would be the clean/press/pull/snatch day. Tuesday is a variety day (Providence DVD of Rounds 2-6 or repeat for 2 cycles) or do whatever you like and take it easy. Wednesday is a medium day just like Monday except you do swings instead of snatches. Thursday is another variety day where you either try to improve on your ladders or swings and snatches or do a stretch DVD or relax. Friday is a day off. Saturday is a heavy day with ladders and dice roll with swings and Sunday is another rest day. That's the gist of it. As you go along in the ROP, you do different rounds of Providence and then the complete DVD, rounds of Newport and then all of Newport. The ROP lasts 12 weeks and that completes the program.

Marcy

Thanks for the ETK info, Marcy! That flow drill looks interesting.

I don't think Mtn Athlete has a newsletter. I usually click on the Hybrid Workouts link on the main page and browse what's there. They list them by date. They've made some changes to their web site recently.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.