Oh, I Was Right the First Time Hate HIIT - Oct 14

August

Cathlete
Hello, all!

Michele - Good for you for getting your errands done! It feels so good getting things done that have been hanging over your thinking. Sorry to hear about the decision to not get the kitty after all. But it's good you didn't get it and THEN discover the P problem LOL. I can see how hearing "urinating around the house out of anxiety" could diminish the excitement of a new house pet LMAO.

Ellen - How's Turbo Jam? Is it as good as everyone says it is? Did you have to warm up to it or did you like it right off the bat?

Well, I got up and did my S&H Tris and followed it with the blasts from Kickmax, done a la HIIT. Yeah, you heard it right. All the blasts from KM. So now the mystery of just how many blasts there are in KM has been broken.

And now I'm wishin' I'd kept it hidden LOL.

I think I'm going back to regular ol' cardio for a while. :D

Okay, I'm off like an A-step gone wrong! :p

Have a great day!

Hi Ladies -

I am back from vacation in Miami and it was so much fun. We were in Miami from Monday through Thursday morning, and then my best friend picked us up and we stayed at her house in Boca Raton on Thursday night and flew back Friday evening. Miami was nice because it was not too crowded this time of year, so we had our pick of spots on the beach. Monday we just hung out at the beach all morning, then hard an awesome dinner at this place that my friend gave me a $200 gift card to. It was sorta a tappas place in that you order a bunch of different appetizer size things to make up your meal. We had to keep ordering and ordering foods and cocktails to get to our $200, and even had 2 desserts. We were so full. The next day was beach again, and this awesome italian restaurant we were recommended as the new hip place in town for celebrities. We saw a couple Miami Heat bball players, and thats it, but the food was so good. The next day was beach again, then shopping on Lincoln Road, dinner at this amazing steak place, then to a nice wine bar we were recommended. Very fun trip. We are foodies, so are main event each day is a nice dinner, so I think I gain a few pounds. Oh well, it was worth it.

Then we went to Boca to see my friend and her baby. Her baby was the sweetest and happiest baby I have ever met. She is 6 months, so in the flirting stage. I probably only saw her cry once in two days, she was just happy and laughing all the time. I couldn't believe it, she was like a little doll. She definitely made DH and I want a baby even more, but we are still waiting for a little while longer, maybe 6 months.

Anyway, today I am back in H-town and happy to be with the kitties. They have grown so much since we left I swear. And they are definitely best friends again, no more hissing. They were very happy to see us. I have some errands today, shopping, returning previous shopping, and cleaning. But I think I am going to start over the 5FF workouts and do a whole new 5 week thing. I haven't done a workout in 2 weeks or so, so do want to over do myself with Cathe.

Alright, I will talk to you girls later. I will post some pictures to once I download them.

Good morning August, Diane and all!

Diane!! We missed you so much. Welcome home and I'm so glad you had a good time on your vacation! Oh yeah, vacation is all about the food for us, too--lol. I'm so happy you took this time. I think you and your DH have had so much going on that you needed the break. --Our kitty is always happy to see us, too, after we've been away. What did you do with your kitties while you were gone? We used to have a neighbor come over and feed ours but now I take him to the vet for boarding. Our neighbor felt he was too lonely here without us, and even though she came over twice a day she felt it wasn't enough. He seems to do well at the vets and they love him. They let him play and run around the office during the day, then put him in a cage at night. --Good luck on your 5FF restart. I'm restarting with you.

August, I haven't tried kickmax yet. I've been so enthralled with my elliptical trainer that I haven't used my Cathe DVD's for cardio since then. I don't know much about HIIT using Cathe but Cardio Coach starts out with about a 5 minute w/u and then you go through a series of challenges followed by a period of steady state. The challenges last anywhere from several seconds to a couple of minutes, followed by 2 or 3 minutes of steady state. It's fun on the elliptical. When I have time I'll post a more detailed description of HIIT a la Cardio Coach. I think what you're doing may be too hard--lol!

Ellen, how do you like Turbo Jam? A very kind and wonderful forum member sent me her Turbo Jams but they didn't click for me. I'm keeping them for now because maybe I'll change my mind later on. --I adore Golden Retrievers. They're just big ole lap dogs :+

Janjan, Dana, Kate--I love and miss you all.

Okay, I've been bad--very, very baaaad. I only worked out once this week. No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't find the time to get it done. When I did have time I felt tired and under the weather. I have to, HAVE TO, get back in the habit right now. Today I'm doing cardio and then it's 5FF first thing Monday morning. My eating has been kind of crappy, too. I've cooked healthy meals for my IL's but then I've been bingeing on desserts--pumpkin bread and candy (August, I was struck by your your comment the other day that some of these diets encouraging binge eating. I completely agree with that assessment). It's been terrible and I feel it in my bones. I'm tired and run down. Wish me luck.

Tonight DH and I are going to his 25th college class reunion. There's a dinner at--get this--a smorgasboard style restaurant. I looked up their website and their menu has things like fried chicken and macaroni and cheese--ROTFLMAO!! It sounds really gross to me. Have I ever told you all that I have an irrational fear of restaurant buffets and salad bars? Well, I do. I always wonder how many filthy hands have touched the food--lol! I better shut up before I gross myself out too much. Oh well, what do you expect for a college that's sitting in the middle of a friggin cornfield:eek: :7

I'll see ya later, taters!!:* :*

Hey Chickies!!

No workout today. It was planned, but not done!! MY DD's 14th BD and a very busy day. I will make it up tomorrow.

OK.. The first 3 or 4 times doing TJ....I wasn't loving it. I thought it would be more like Taebo (which I love)...but the moves were so fast and jerky...I wasn't an immediate fan. It took me a while to warm up to it and I still can't say I Love em...but I have to give them a chance...so they are in my rotation. I am sore the next day...so I know they are working. Music is good and most of the girl's bodies are motivating.

Michele..I hear ya on the buffet food...yuk!! I have a similar feeling about public pools...yuk, yuk, yuk. LOL

OK... I did clean the garage and vacuumm my car today...so I wasn't that far from cardio...ha ha!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.