The Official HATE Thread Right Here Right Here - Nov 1

August

Cathlete
Picture a newborn pony moistened in fluids having just been born from its mother, trying with all its might, for the first time, to stand on its unstable, undeveloped floppy limbs.

You've just pictured me doing my first TLT, Endurance for Movement.

I always wondered what it meant when people wrote that there's a learning curve for this one. I see, I see. It's kind of like playing and losing many games of Simon Says.

But I LOVED it! It went by really fast (isn't it funny how the workouts you love are the ones that go by fast? LOL), and it was a lot of fun and different from anything I've tried before. I liked Tracy. What I really liked about it was that the reps were just enough to push me but not break me. Right now I can't think of anything I didn't like about it.

But what's with the face of the actual DVDs? You need microscopes to figure out which DVD is which! (No photo or anything on the disc, just tiny letters around the middle hole.)

Ahhhhh, I feel good. And I'm sitting on my big, bouncy fitness ball. :D

After more looking around, I found a bunch more threads about the "Y" word I've been bombarding you all with lately. It's truly frightening how many "Y" workouts are available.

Okay, a little more research and then it's off to work. Wow, it's a sunny, beautiful day here again. :) :) :)

ROTFLMAO!! I love the title of our thread today. It's perfect!! Did you notice how those "yoga/chinners" are trying to steal our title? --LMAO!

August, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. I looked ridiculous trying to do that workout. I couldn't finish it on my first try. I'm telling ya, you're gonna be one hurtin pup tomorrow:eek: . The only TLT I didn't care for was the one with Jen Carman--Strength in Movement. I don't know--it just didn't excite me. I thought she used poor form but I doubt anyone else would agree with my assessment.

If you do a search you'll find some info about the face of the DVD. I think they can be played full screen or...or...oh crap! I can't remember what the deal was with those discs, but the production quality of Tracie's workouts has always left something to be desired IMHO.

I like sitting on my ball, too (I'm not sure how this proclamation comes across but I mean it innocently enough). I've thought about using it when I'm sitting at my computer.

Enjoy your lovely day and let us know what you uncover in your research. I'm off to bed now:* :*

Well, I'll tell you what I think of Jen's workout come Friday! I guess I better get ready to ball up my ankle weights. ;-)

The DVDs play full-screen? DVDs don't normally play full-screen? I think I've only done a workout on my TV maybe three times or so. I think it's my Tamilee Webb stretch workout that somehow works in my Japanes DVD player.

Oh, before I forget - tomorrow in my TLT workout, I'm supposed to do somethin equivalent of Firm Calorie Killer. The options suggested were something Christi :) or Step Blast :eek: .

If I try out Step Blast for the first time,.....will I be able to do it? :D And I don't mean that I might be too sore, I mean can I DO it? or is it something I should work up to?

Wait a minute, should I be asking you about Step Blast? :*

Hope you're having a deep (but not in a hippy sense), great sleep.

I'm off to work now. In the other room, that is. :D

I started reading the chin thread thinking it was our thread. Took me a while to figure it out. I went to sleep around 10:30 last night and I am up this morning! I just need to psych myself up to workout. I ate too big of a breakfast, so hopefully I won't barf. I need to buy some bananas to eat before a workout and then have my regular breakfast after the workout.

I am off to workout - I don't even know what I am going to do. Just pick the one that jumps out at me.

Barf is always a good christening to start off a new rotation!

Okay, maybe barf isn't a good way to start off a new rotation.

But that's great that you're up and thinking about it and getting yourself psyched for it! YEAH!

Yeah, those Chinsters are soooo tryin to be us. :7

Well, I made just about the most disgusting dinner I've ever made tonight, thank you, thank you, no need for applause. My friend sent me fresh fish again, so I was chopping heads and PMSing and stank up my apartment, took the fish and a veggie mock stir-fry to my Mom's place downstairs, the fish turned out to be extremely fishy (which Mom loves, thankfully) but half raw (which nobody loves, unfortunately), and the veggie thing tasted totally gross (lemon pepper). My Mom fake enjoyed the dinner for me while I ate (don't barf over this Diane) squid jerky and Magical Barley :D . That followed by 6 huge concord grapes that were really delicious.

Anyhow, I see Soosan may have answered my yoga questions, so I've gotta go there now!!

August- how are you?? We "spoke" awhile back via cathe (ya know the last 10 pds-mine are still there) how bout you? have you lost them yet? I started gym styles this week and I'm hoping that makes a difference--talk to you soon-deb

Hey, you! It's so good of you to drop by!

Well, I finished up my one body part a day with cardio, alternating total body with a variety of longer cardio. Unfortunately, I ended up getting the flu at the beginning of the rotation, and ended up not being able to workout for a bit over the first week, so I ended up starting from the 2nd week, but of course, that 2nd week I wasn't really yet up to my "full" potential (whatever that is, LOL)...It was a fun rotation and it taught me that I really like doing one body part a day. But no other news worth reporting. ;)

But you know, in this last week, I've been feeling something different. When I touch my torso, it feels a little taut, much to my surprise. This last week I have been doing two new things : approx 30 minutes of basic yoga stretching (ontop of my regular hour workout), and I've been trying out Gliding Discs with Mindy Mylrea.

Starting today, I will be doing primarily a circuit rotation like we had talked about, with TLT/Christi/Cathe.

I don't know for sure why I feel something slightly different touching my belly and sides. I'm continuing to eat quite clean but I'm not counting anything right now...but I get the inkling that all the yoga twisting and deep breathing is doing something.

Though not quickly enough }( . Just kidding, it's only been a week.

I'm looking forward to hearing how your Gym rotation goes. You'll be doing Gym with cardio on alternate days?

Yes- I'm doing for example:
Sunday-off
Monday- Jump rope-30 min. fast/GS back & triceps
Tuesday- Gin Miller Extreme step (HIIT) & GS Legs
Wed-Cathe Coremax #1
Thursday-Cathe or Kathy Smith step & GS Biceps, back & shoulders
Friday- Jump rope 20 (HIIT) & PUB Abs only or Coremax
Saturday- ??? I don't know if I should do a full body weight workout or will that ruin what I'm trying to do with the splits-(gym stlyes??)
and I walk for 40 min. 1-3 x /week-what do you think? deb

I think you should come join our thread! :)

I always read that lots of people do splits and then one total body per week to get all the body parts twice, so I wouldn't think it would interfere in any way...but you might see how you feel and if you're feeling more cardio-influenced, a steady state might be good? (Though you do get that with your walking which is awesome!)

How about Saturday yoga? LOL. Sorry, I'm having a little yoga thing these days.

Hi August -

Please barge in any time over there. Yes, I ended up buying all of Ravi and Ana's stuff off of Amazon. I really like the newest set, Dancin' the Chakras, Yoga Beauty Body and Total Bliss Hips cuz they have premixes. I bought them mainly because I've been having some nagging health problems. I used to do Kundalini about 10-15 years ago in the evenings for more of a meditative/Stretch type of yoga and for my organs/glands. Kundalini is more geared towards woring on your adrenal glands, pituitary, liver, etc. and all of your chakras. It is a bit aerobic (only in breath) because you use breath of fire. It's not for everyone and some people may find it "too strange" to practice....but they explain what each pose does for you and when you hear the benefits....it's makes you do it even though you feel strange at first and then you start feeling good, etc. You can research it over at Videofitness.com. There are lots of threads discussing the benefits, etc. Most of it is not as intense as power yoga or vinyasa flow yoga and you don't do traditional sun salutations in kundalini (no down dog - up dog, chataranga sequences, etc). I emailed Ravi and Ana about my health problems and they told me that all of their DVDs strengthen the immune system but they suggested getting yoga cleanse cuz it cleanses your liver. I'm having the severe sinus problems which they tell me is directly related to the liver. I can't wait to get my order. I ordered from Chakra44 over at AMazon and asked for a discount on the shipping. They gave me a deal.

Good morning everyone!!

I'm thoroughly enjoying all the thread crashing going on in the check-ins. It might be fun to invite guest posters from the other check-ins who we deem an expert on topics we're interested in. I guess we need to decide IF there are topics we're interested in aside from yoga, that is--lol!

We might want to send a nice Christmas card to the other check-ins, too. I'll work on that.

August, if I ever come to Japan how about we just eat out:eek: :p :7 . I hate to say it, but it does sound like your dinner was a complete disaster. Don't beat yourself up over it, though. You're talented in MANY other ways;) . And it was very sweet of you to cook for your mom;)

I hate to rub it in but, my dinner came out pretty well last night. We had very lean pork with roasted vegetables; brussles sprouts, baby carrots, and onions:9 . I made a TON of vegetables hoping for leftovers but we devoured them.

Diane, I'm so proud of you for getting up and working out!

Okay, now for the bad news. My DH got a call last night from his aunt in Arkansas. Her son in law passed away yesterday:-( . DH was pretty close to his cousin and her husband. He was a great guy in every sense of teh word. He was in his 60's and recently retired. He was diagnosed with advanced colon cancer about a year ago:-( . Anyway, it was very sad news. We're going to try to make the funeral but I'm not sure yet if we can.

It's time to get up and get moving. I'll BBL:* :*

ETA I'm doing a cardio coach today and previewing my new Cathe's.

Hi Deb and Lora!!

Hey there- I have thought about Yoga-but I never seem to fit in- but I will try on Sat. & let you know- I am so lacking in online ettiquette in regards to crashing threads, etc. please forgive me or anyone out there- August- I think you can e-mail me--deb:) :)

>Hey there- I have thought about Yoga-but I never seem to fit
>in- but I will try on Sat. & let you know- I am so lacking in
>online ettiquette in regards to crashing threads, etc. please
>forgive me or anyone out there- August- I think you can e-mail
>me--deb:) :)

Oh--no no! Please, you're welcome here ANYTIME. My remark was just a lame attempt at humor. I'm very sorry if I made you feel unwelcome. I sincerely enjoy the activity in our check-in and you're welcome to join us anytime.

Hi Deb!

This is the "I Hate Cardio" check-in. We hate cardio--well, at least some of us do. I think August has learned to love cardio, though;) :7 . We tend to get a little goofy with our thread titles. The purpose of this check-in is to encourage each other to do cardio, but we fly pretty fast and loose around here and mostly just try to have fun. Please feel free to join us. You're allowed to love cardio.:p :)

Thats too funny- I LOOOOOVVVVEEEEE cardio and I push myself to do weights (sshhh-don't tell cathe)- lifting is such a chore for me if it weren't for cathe I would just stop--LOL -deb

Deb, you're a perfct fit, then. We can encourage you to do weights and you can encourage us to do cardio. You'll bring a nice balance to our thread:)

Okay, girls, I'm going to do my workout now so I'm done before my DVD's are delivered. I want to spend my afternoon previewing the new Cathe's.

August, from everything I've been hearing, I think you're going to want Butts and Guts}( :D .

Hi ladies -

I love all of this check-in crashing! So much fun. I am not sure if I could lend any expertise to other check-ins, unless of course they want some advice on which shoes they should buy ;-)

I did part of Low Max this morning, mainly because it was left in the dvd player from my last attempt at a workout a few weeks ago. I only got to interval 3 before I quit. I am just too out of shape! Anyway, since I had time left over and felt guilty, I cleaned up the house for 20 minutes. Took away some of the guilt.

So this going to sleep earlier thing worked last night. Turned off tv at 9:20, went to bed at 10:30, got up at 6:15 pretty well rested. I will try for going to bed a little earlier tonight.

Oh, in other fun news, a few friends of mine at work our going to the local shelter at lunch to help one of the friends find a dog! That should be fun!

Lora - Hi! I can't tell you how much I want to get all of those Ravi and Ana DVDs. The more I read the more excited I got and I ended up not being able to fall asleep last night because of it! Sorry, I'm a bit behind the times but, what is the Chakra 44 at Amazon, and how do you get a discount? I plan to order a LOAD from Amazon (Eoin, Rainbeau, Shiva, Bryan, Baron etc LOL), including all 12 of the Ravi and Ana discs.

I also have been having some weird nagging digestion and/or back thing for the last few years and I've been trying everything to figure out how to get back to my normal self. Just doing the yoga over this last week has made me feel better, even if it's possibly only psychological. Urgh, I can't wait to order my DVDs! Oh, I did read that Kundalini is a bit strange (thanks for the warning) and new-agey (which I wouldn't be in to) but the previews I saw looked great to me (and I liked the music a lot)!

Michele - I love it! Guest speakers at each residence! LOL. And the Xmas cards sound like a cute idea. Did you see the Chinsters' Halloween card? It was pretty funny. Yes, you MUST come to Tokyo so I can cook dinner for you. I mean, take you out for dinner. I will entertain you with ALL my talents! ;)

Dang you and your delicious-sounding dinners. And I'm particularly hungry tonight, too....for....some...reason (a.k.a. not having eaten dinner).

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your DH's cousin. How horrible. And how sudden and...just so fast. I hope your DH is all right, and that you will both be able to make it to Arkansas.

I'm glad to hear that under the situation, you have the energy to workout. Good for you! Woo hoo!

Deb - Deb! Deb! Please, please join us here! You don't have to be a cardio hater (I'm not anymore since finding Christi) and we would LOVE to chat with you and hear about your progress! Nonsense about etiquette! Bullwillies!

Oh wait, I'm now reading that Michele has told you what thread this is. Yeah, Michele is right. I do love Christi cardio, and a bunch of step and Gliding Discs, too. I also love lifting......but I've discovered that I don't like endurance-type lifting.

Anyhow, like Michele said, you're a perfect fit and wonderful balance for our HATE thread! You can tell us about how much you shhhhh hate lifting! Oh geez, in that case, definitely DON'T do a full body workout on that ???? day! LOL

What Michele? Are you saying I need to be looking into buying yet another workout?..............................................okay. Tell me about it after you preview it. I'm scared.

Oh, hey! You didn't tell me what cardio to do tomorrow!

Deb, Lora, Diane, someone, tell me - should I do a Christi workout, or should I attempt Step Blast for the first time with the chance of feeling depressed if I can't figure it out?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.