November Rotation TGIF

banslug

Cathlete
Hi ladies. Happy Friday and Happy December 1st! Where did the year go????

I just logged on and noticed a December rotation posted. I haven't taken the time to check it out yet, but that's next on my list. I'm excited to see what Cathe cooked up for us.

Today was BM2. I did all but the power circuit segments, because I have a 5K race tomorrow morning and I want my legs to be fresh. All the runners will have jingle bells tied to their shoelaces. Ought to be fun!

BBL to see how you all are doing! Time to check out this month's rotation!

Gayle

p.s. THANKS for sticking it out with me this month. I'm hoping to go 3 months straight with rotations now!

Hi Gayle and all who follow:

Today was kind of nasty outside so instead of a walk, I did Kari Anderson's Reach. I really love this workout. It is a blend of ballet, pilates, yoga, balance moves, stretch. It works the lower body without any equipment and does a really good job. If you don't have this workout, I highly recommend it. It's nice for a stretch/yoga/rest day but that doesn't mean it isn't challenging.

Gayle - good luck in your 5K. I think the jingle bells are a really cute idea. It's been really nice checking in with you this month. I don't know if I'll be doing all of Cathe's December rotation but I'll still check in.

Talk to you later. Hope everyone has great workouts and a great weekend.

Marcy

Good morning Gayle and Marcy and all who follow!

I am officially "done" with the November rotation. :) I basically repeated week 3 so I am skipping week 4 because I really like how the December rotation looks and I am going to start that one tomorrow. I did really enjoy this rotation with you all!

Today was TJ Total Body Blast, which was an interesting and fun change. I was really sweating! It's all ball work, which I am finding really challenging and different.

Gayle, good luck in the 5K!!! Marcy, is that an all-stretch workout? I have never done anything by Kari Anderson but I have really been expanding my fitness repertoire lately.

Take care,
Marie

Hi Marie - No, Reach is not all stretch. It has ballet moves like plies, developpes, some pilates moves, stretching, balance moves, isometric holds, slow crunches, yoga, etc. I don't get the chance to do it as often as I would like. I got it during the last DDD sale for $6.53. It was well worth the money. From the reviews I've read, everyone who has it, loves it. This was also my first Kari Anderson workout. She has a very soothing voice and gives good form pointers. It is a 60 minute workout and the time just flew by. I really feel good when I'm finished with this workout.

Marcy

Marcy, not to be totally peppering you with questions :) but does this lend itself to barre work? I am always looking for barre workouts!

Marie

Think of it as barre work without the barre (center work). But if you do have a barre, you could certainly do these exercises at the barre and then when you feel good enough, you can try them on the floor without a barre. This workout is good for the core. You need to always hold in your core to help you with balancing the moves. I have other ballet workouts like New York City Ballet, Breakthru Pilates Plus and Melissa Lowe's workouts. I guess this would be kind of like a combination of Breakthru Pilates Plus and New York City Ballet (that one has a "floor barre".) She also does some pushups on the knees as well. She also does some tough plank work (1 arm planks lifting leg in the air.) Why don't you check out the clip at collagevideo.com?

Let me know what you think.

Marcy

Hi ladies. I'm late checking in today because I didn't go to work. I had to stay home with the kids because they had a snow day. Today was BM2 for me and I did the cardio and weights premix. If I had known before I started that the kids would have a snow day I would have had time to do the entire workout. Oh well, I still got a good hour in.

It's been fun having people to check in with and I'm hoping to continue doing rotations so maybe I'll see some of you on a December rotation. Thanks for all the motivation you've given me and keep up the good workouts.

Gayle - good luck with your 5K.

I have DrillMax to do tomorrow and then we'll see if I have enough of Cathe's dvd's to follow her December rotation.

Tracee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.