November LIS check-in?

tricia

Cathlete
I am starting the November LIS rotation (6 days/week) that Cathe posted tomorrow, 2/20. I'm wondering if anyone else is doing this rotation and have a check-in already, or if anyone is interested in starting a check-in?
I'd love to have some company!

Trisha,

I just finished the rotation a week ago. I am missing those workouts immensely already. Good luck, you are gonna love it!

Susan

I think I may join you on this. I have been doing Kelly Coffey workouts for a month with great results but was thinking of giving LIS a try for a month. I would love to come checkin with you even if I stray a bit with KCM workouts. Saturday I did Cardio Supersets, sunday was rest, today was KCM circuit burn but maybe I can start tomorrow with Afterburn?

If you don't mind, I would like to join in too. I just finished week one, I did TBT UB this morning, yesterday was my yoga day. I had really good results with this rotation back in November. I am so loving this series.

Murphy

I started LIS November Rotation today-WOW!

Hello Kariev & Murphy, Welcome - I'm so glad you posted. I really do much better when I have friends to check in with. :)

I have to tell you, I did Afterburn for the first time today and all I can say is WOW! I am SPENT, utterly spent. I really loved that throughout the workout, even Cathe was making comments about stalling for time because this is a no joke workout! That's one of the reasons I love doing her workouts. She's in it with us, and usually she working harder, jumping higher and showing us it can be done. I have been away from Cathe's workouts for a while, and this was like coming home to me. And I'm so glad to be back!!

So, tomorrow is supposed to be an off day for me according to the rotation, but I may throw in Yoga Relax, just to keep the momentum going. Do we want a thread name, or just use the LIS/November Check-In for now? Let me know what you think & I can't wait to hear how you did today!

Susan - I have heard so many good things about this workout series, I am really excited to be starting. I appreciate you wishing me luck, I'll take all the luck I can get!

Morning guys. I have to step out of this checkin for a bit. I have to travel for work so I won't be around much. I hope to checkin in the future though. I wish you all great luck with this rotation!

Hi everyone,

Today is Athletic Training. It is one of my favorites. It, like After Burn, is hard work out, but good.

Tricia - I can go either way on a thread name. I am fine with November LIS check-in.

Murphy

NOV. LIS Check-In, Tuesday 2/21

Hi Kariev & Murphy ~

I am scheduled to have a rest day, like I said above, and so far, that sounds great to me! Afterburn is intense, isn't it?! If I do anything, it'll be Yoga Relax after my kiddos go to bed. (I have 3 kids, a 9yr. old daughter and 7 year old twins, one boy and one girl - so I have to be around for tucking in, etc.) I usually do my workouts/stretches after they're in bed if I didn't get it done before suppertime.
I am still debating for tonight. :)

Kariev, I understand and hope to see you back here when you get the chance. My DH travels for his work also, so I know what that is like.

Murphy, I am looking forward to Athletic Training next Monday. I appreciate your insight about these workouts since I haven't done them yet. It's kind of like Christmas morning each time I pop in the DVD!

See you tomorrow!

Today is an unplanned rest day. My little one had a bad dream and ended up in my bed. So, I did not get much sleep.

Tricia - how are you liking the series so far. I am sure you only tried a few so far, but what did you think?

Murphy

Cardio Supersets today

Hi Murphy,

I got to do Cardio Supersets today for the first time, and I am happy to report that I wasn't as sore as I expected! I did the regular workout, which doesn't include the step portion - I was shocked to see the cool-down, to be honest.
If I didn't have to go somewhere in a little while, I'd probably try to get the step portion in, just so I get to experience it. (Might try it later tonight if I feel motivated!) Overall, I do love this series, and I'm just getting started. Just the overall tone, the music, the rapport of the workout crew, etc. It makes me look forward to each workout every day.

Sorry to hear you and your little one didn't get much sleep - I can relate to those kinds of nights. :( Thankfully, I haven't had one like that in a good while!
Hopefully tonight will be a good night's sleep for everyone.

I'd like to join this tread too, perfect timing! I just started yesterday, so today was a rest day. Afterburn was a killer, and I only had 5 lb weights! I now have adjustable weights so I'm ready for the rest of them. Cardio Super Sets is on tap for tomorrow morning. Can't wait!

Today was another unplanned rest day. This time it was DH's fault - snoring. I still have some DOMS from before so this time off is actually okay.

Tricia - glad you are liking the series.

kblvr - welcome aboard and I agree, Afterburn is a killer.

Hi Murphy & Kblvr,

Well, today was a bit of a detour for me, too. I got short of time, actually just finished and am sitting here sweating all over my keyboard! I was scheduled to do Low Impact Challenge, which is about 50+ minutes. I realized it was going to be too long, so I chose the Premix Step Express #4, which ended up being the step segment from Cardio Supersets! I thought that was funny, since I really wanted to try and squeeze that in yesterday and didn't get to. So now, I can say I've done all of CS and still have the Challenge workout to look forward to.

Murphy - glad to hear you agree with listening to your body and taking a rest day when needed. The worst thing to do sometimes is push ourselves through on a day when we need to take a break.

Kblvr - So glad you decided to join us! I look forward to hearing how it's going for you.

Well, I'm off to get my shower and get some sleep. I hope you'll sleep well tonight! :)

This morning I did Cardio Supersets. I have trouble with all the mountain climbers and push-ups!

Sounds like I'm a day behind you Tricia. I look forward to hearing about the workout before I have to do it! :) Good job on getting a workout in even though being short on time.

Murphy-I have a husband that snores too, can get frustrating! :). DOMS are a killer, good to listen to your body! What workout is next for you?

Talk to you guys later!

I slept in this morning, so didn't get my workout in yet. I thought it was going to be trisets, but looks like LIC is on tap. I'm not a step fan at all, but I will try it at least. I just hope I'm motivated to do it! :)

Hi there - Well, I wasn't able to do my workout today- I had two unscheduled things come up that threw my workout time off. First, my daughter's teacher dropped by - they had to draw a map from the school to their house for homework, and she dropped off a goody bag for being able to follow the map. So we had an hour this afternoon of wondering when she would show up (or if she would!). Then I had to go to church tonight, I'd signed up to read for Stations of the Cross and almost forgot!

I was due to try Lower Body Trisets and Yoga Relax, but I'll be doing that one tomorrow. (Maybe we'll end up on the same workout day after all!)

We have a birthday party to go to tomorrow afternoon, so I am thinking of getting up first thing in the morning and having an appointment with Cathe.
Hope you all had a great Friday!

I attempted to do LIC. Not a fan at all. I'm just not graceful enough to do step work outs. I was all over the place. Almost tripped over the thing numerous times. I finally just sat and watched it (currently watching it). I stepped wrong at one point and my left knee is killing me. When this video comes up in the rotation I'm going to do a kickboxing video instead.

I'm going to get up early and get my workout in tomorrow. I'm looking forward to TriSets!

Got up early and did Lower Body Tri-Sets! Loved using my news adjustable weights!!! Can't weight for the upper body tomorrow!

Boy oh boy, Lower Body Trisets this morning - whoo, no joke on those balance one-legged squats! I was laughing out loud at myself trying to balance and put down my weights. Really like this workout. :D May squeeze in the Yoga Relax express workout tonight, not sure. (Didn't work out last night, but I'm not giving up hope!) Then tomorrow it's Upper Body Trisets and the Cardio portion of Slide 'n Glide, which I am anticipating with some trepidation. Not sure how I'm going to do with that cardio!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.