November 09 Checkin Tuesday 24th*************

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

Today is the Timesaver Cardio Premix from Drill Max and medicine ball abs....I am feeling some DOMS in the back and chest from yesterday which is good. I can still function with too much soreness...

Nice quiet day for us. I need to clean the house some and do laundry. BUt, I think we are hanging around here today..

Be back later to chat...

Good Morning!

Today is a bit different with my workout schedule. I have that GYN appt , which I have to leave for right after the kids get on the bus. Afterwards, I have to stop at the store for a few things and then home, and will do my cardio. I think I may do the second Turbo Kick again (#31). I might change my mind when I get home! Ya never know! I'll also add some sort of abs...

Of course , Zach put a kink in my plans today. They rescheduled Jazz Band practice, so he has it after school. And Greg has a friend coming out to clean our gutters and put a chimney topper on, so it looks like I may get stuck getting the papers ready and picking up Zach to deliver them. Will push me back late. Gotta think of another quickie for supper again! Maybe I'll do that Alfredo Sauce w/ veggies again...

I have some pretty good DOMS in my shoulders from yesterday, a little in my chest, not so much in my triceps. It seemed there wasn't much tricep work yesterday, to me.

Kathy: Enjoy your premis and abs (LOVE Med ball abs!). Nice to have a "down" day, isn't it? I really need one of those to clean my house for T-Day. I was hoping it would be today, but it's not. I'm going to have to cook AND clean tomorrow BIG time, WITH the boys home. :eek:

Good morning! Kbell for me this morning. It was a good workout, but the best part was that I put a hair band on my hair -- no hair in my face! How many years did it take me to discover this fitness accessory?!

Chris, my boys have school just Mon/Tues this week -- Dylan has dubbed it "backwards week" since it is two days on instead of two days off.

I forgot to congratulate you on the better eating last week -- that is the way it happens, eh? Slow and steady! Good for you. I've decided that with all of the temptations around this time of year, I'm going to try to have a rule that I have to get in five servings of fruit/veggies before any of that kind of munching. With that in mind, I'm sitting here having a veggie stir fry with egg for breakfast! How crazy is that?!

Larry is driving home. He started late yesterday and made it as far as Iowa City. I doubt he will make it in time for tgiving dinner, but he wants to try to get home that evening. We'll see! And yes, there's lots of extra stuff to do when he's not here -- feed chickens, make a fire, get wood, drive the garbage up the road once a week, etc...... Yes, we have to drive our garbage a mile and a half up the road. Since we live on a one lane road, there's just no way a garbage truck could get down here.

Joanne, that was a good question yesterday? Will your dad be home for tgiving dinner? Poor guy! At least they have figured it out finally. Hopefully he will get feeling better.

Ok, on to my chores......

Hi ladies!!

Chris, not such a fun day with that appt.! But, you'll get it out of the way at least. Sounds very busy after that!! I think you need to fit in something fun with that TurboKick!

Hi Kathy, Hottie...

Beth, well, hopefully Larry will make it home in time for warm turkey sandwiches! That's one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving, the leftover turkey. Mmmm. We'll have to get one next weekend and cook it since we won't be having any leftovers. I put the front part of my hair in a ponytail on the top of my head when I work out. Looks absolutely ridiculous, but no one usually sees me. Except this weekend, DH went out to breakfast, came home and I was finishing up. He, for some reason, thought it was hilarious. ;) That sounds like a good plan - getting in those veggies before the other stuff. Wow, you do have alot of extras to do when Larry isn't there. I had to laugh about the garbage a mile and a half away. We have to fight with the boys to drag the cans 50 feet out to the street.

No, unfortunately, there's no way my dad will be home for Thanksgiving. Or, his birthday, which is the next day. They did remove some gall stones in his bile duct (I think) yesterday, but the doctor said at some point he'll need to have his gallbladder removed cause there a bunch of stones in there. But, he has too much other stuff going on now to deal with that. Hopefully what they did yesterday will help some with his stomach issues. He still has bleeding from his bladder. They are giving him blood every couple days to make up for what he's losing. It's really frustrating - I don't know what they plan on doing. The one resident did talk with my mom the other day and gave her three different options - none of which were good. Basically they need to shut off the bladder to give it time to heal. My mom has a call into his urologist (who hasn't been to see him in a month) to ask what the heck is going on.

Anyway...we are leaving tomorrow for the waterpark. I'm kind of excited, even though I'm not a big water person! It'll be nice just to get away for a couple days.

Last night Ian got invited to a bonfire. Boys were invited till midnight and for the girls it was a sleepover. I told him there was no way he was staying till midnight!! It's a Monday night. They don't have school the rest of the week, but I have to get up in the morning, and I wasn't going out to get him at 12:00. I picked him up at 10:00, and he seemed OK with it. But, isn't it a bit crazy to have a party like that on a Monday when most parents have to work?

Took Colin and Caitlyn to the eye doctor last night. Found out Caitlyn has this strange thing where if she just looks out one eye, the eye twitches and she can't see very well. But, when she uses both eyes together, she sees 20/20. The doctor said there's nothing they do for it - it's just how your brain is wired. When she covered one eye, she couldn't read any letters on the chart - I was thinking she would be getting glasses. Colin does need glasses. He seemed OK with it. Thankfully we have good vision insurance!

Oh yea, my workout....I've been babbling so much, I forgot! Rythmic Step was on the rotation, but I did Amy's Hi/Lo Dome instead. Very fun!!

BBL...good luck with everyone's cleaning/cooking!

Joanne

Joanne, sorry about your dad! Wow!

That party sounds totally crazy! When you were first describing it I decided your kids must not have school this week. That is totally nuts in my opinion.

Have a great time at the waterpark! I'm sure it'll be great to be away!

just a quick fly by -- no workout yesterday as I was dealing with bratty tutoring students (he's not that bad but very much a drama queen). I hope to start Meso 3 when I get home which will hopefully be soon. I did take a walk with the weighted vest around campus yesterday though so at least its something. joanne -- i'm so sorry about your dad. please keep us updated. And caitlyn's eye thing -- its probably more to do with the muscles than the brain I think. when I have time I can send you some exercise to help caitlyn and her eyes (i needed to learn them as well)...

hopefully bbl...

Hey Girls...

Made it through my GYN appt. My doctor was cute. My weight was up 5 lbs from last year (I *KNEW* it!), and so he asked me what I did for exercise. (HAHA!). Oh just a little weight lifting, running, step cardio, kickboxing, 6 days a week most weeks. So he said , "Maybe you've gained muscle. Are your clothes fitting ok?". To which I replied, "Mostly the same, though my jeans are a little tighter" to which HE replied, "Oh yeah, well washing and dring clothes makes them smaller. Oh, and when you go away on vacation and then the clothes in your closet shrink up from the stagnant air when you're away". Cute!

I got to the grocery store, and then home and did TURBO KICK #31. I just love the music and that damn sprinkler move that goes with it! I have to say, I didn't find it as hard as last time. I don't know why. Weird. I also did the Weights part of "Weights and Plates Abs".

My sinuses are still bugging me big time. drip/burn/drip/burn

Beth: You never used a hairband before? LOL!!!... I like the idea of getting all your fruits/veggies in. Oh my week was stellar last week for eating, sucked doggy poo over the weekend. Mostly Sunday. It's a hard cycle to break. ... Holy crap! you are a busy girl there! Are you going into work too? Hope Larry somehow makes it home for thursday. If not , you can always do dinner on friday for you guys, right? No slaughtering turkeys this year?

Joanne: BIG bummer about your dad. Hope he's holding up emotionally. That is tough stuff to be in the hospital for a holiday. ... Hope your water world trip is fun (I'm sure it will be!). That is crazy about the midnight party. People are weird! LOL!.... Sorry about Caitlyn's eyes. I know I was pretty bummed to find out that Alex had had lazy eye, and after wearing glasses for over a year, they can't fix it really. We got to it too late. Makes me feel like a bad mom! ... Good cardio today!!!

Hottie: Walking with the vest is a good workout!! I should try that someday, maybe during recovery week next week, if it's nice out. Could you tell a big difference? Curious to find out what you'll think of Meso 3!

Ahhhhh... No homework. Feels good. Tomorrow is going to be a VERY full day of cooking , cleaning, going to get my mom to sleep over, and then cooking some more! I'm enjoying my moment now!

Jeez, I'm so lame. I came home, cooked awesome lamb curry and it's only 8p and I'm exhausted to do an STS workout. I'm taking tomorrow off so I'll do cardio plus STS tomorrow but little disappointed in myself...I did walk Evee with a weighted vest though so something. But man...that lamb curry was good...see you all tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.