November 09 Checkin Monday 16th*************

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

Getting us started..

Today is a cardio day for me as part of my recovery...I haven't decided what yet..

Be back later

Hi Kathy! I was meant to do Cardio Fusion (inspired by you from last week), but.... a combination of too much champagne, staying up too late, and not sleeping well caused me to stay in bed really late. I'm really really hoping that with the kids' minimum day and a playdate here, I will get outside and run (or at least walk briskly) while the kids play. I need to do something.... I think I'm starting to go into menopause maybe and I think the weight is not going to be so easy to control!

Hope everyone has a great day. Joanne, I sure hope we hear from you! I did hear from Hottie and it sounds like she's mostly ok. Happy "weekend", Chris......

Hi ladies. I'm here and fine - so sweet of you to worry about me! Friday we had some "bigwigs" in the office and had to do a presentation and sit in a meeting. Not my favorite way to spend the day, but oh well! I've been keeping on track with the rotation I'm doing - can't remember what Friday's workout was, but whatever it was, I did it! Saturday was a 30-min run, so I took Tully out with me. Besides the peeMax and sniffMax, it was fun. How do people get their dogs to just run alongside them without stopping every two minutes?? But, she's a good dog and was in her glory, so it's the least I can do for her. Today was Leaner Legs (ouch!) and Stability ball abs from B&G.

Chris, did you ever get to the TurboKick workout? I can so relate to the kids fighting. Drives me CRAZY!! My neighborhood was somewhat like that. Actually where we live now is probably more so. The kids have a lot of friends on the block that they go outside and play with. They're all getting older now, though, so we joke about how they might start dating soon. Yikes!

Saturday we went to visit a residential high school about 40 miles away. It's supposed to be one of the top high schools in the nation. Wow, talk about impressive. The kids there were so nice and well-spoked, just really great kids. We're thinking of having Jameson apply. They don't go till sophomore year. The program looks great. He would live there during the week and come home on weekends. I would miss him, but it's such a good opportunity. He really seemed to like it - we'll see, we have some time to think about it. And, they only accept about 250 kids a year.

Beth, the menopause thing is creeping up on me, too, I think. Ugh! I've never had a problem with weight in my middle - it was all in my butt and thighs. Now it's everywhere. :(

Kathy, enjoy your rest week! Wow, you're already going to be starting Meso 3?

BBL..

Joanne

Joanne, I'm glad to know everything's ok! Very funny about SniffMax and PeeMax!! Good for Tully!

Wow, that school sounds interesting -- that'd be so crazy having him gone, wouldn't it?! Good luck with it. Do you know how many kids apply?

Funny, I was just going to comment on the menopause thing, and i looked up at the recent news and see someone posted a success story about it -- will have to read that sometime. What I was going to say is that I'm thinking about starting STS again, or..... Chris, remember FF's crazy rotation we did either in Nov or Dec last year? The double weights and all? You did more cardio than I. I had such good success with that.... I'm thinking about digging that out again..... I haven't followed a rotation since before my injury, and while it's been fun noodling around, I'm sort of anxious to see if I can follow a rotation again. But, I would want to work in some bodyrock.tv stuff -- I think it really rocks!

gotta work.....

Hey Girls!

It's Monday! Good and bad. Good, my working weekend is over (we were really busy last night, got SLAMMED with admissions, started off at 15 patients, and ended up with 23!). Bad, I'm in a "Monday ornery mood". I really have to try to chill a little. Things just annoy me more on mondays (after so little sleep, I think).

I started Week #3 of MESO 2, with Chest Triceps and Shoulders. She did the "wave" thing, which doesn't amuse me so much. All the adding/minusing tiny weight amounts with 1 minute break in between ALL of them. It just annoys me! (told ya!! LOL!). But I worked until failure on most exercises, so I'm thinking I'll feel it tomorrow.

Oh, my calf started really hurting last night at work. Another "annoyance". Geesh! I guess no step this week (bummer), I do think I will do Turbo Kick Round #32 tomorrow, since I never got to it on Saturday.

Kathy
: Hope you had a fun cardio today! I like recovery week in that I get to try out cardios I don't usually do.

Joanne: Glad everything is just busy, and you're ok! You are kicking butt on the rotation (literally!). Are you sore from all that butt/lower body work? Oh I remember that Leaner Legs being a killer (and moving SOOOO fast too!). Oh, maybe I'll do the stability ball abs from B&G tomorrow for my ab work!.... That school DOES sound VERY cool! And the way my oldest is acting lately, being away AT the school Mon thru Fri sounds pretty good too (LOL!) .... I have to say , our neighborhood here is also pretty chummy for the boys, and they live at each other's houses, but they don't "roam" as much as we did as a kid. And I always have to know where they are. When I was little we just went "outside" all day, wherever. ..... I'm not sure I've hit the Menopause phase yet. I still have all my weight in my ass and thighs. How fun it will be to move it over to my stomach!! :eek: Can't wait!!! :p (Being a woman sucks!!)

Beth: Oh that rotation is a good one! I think it was the Dec one you had good results from. You could easily throw in that bodyrock for cardio! I also like Cathe's Nov Rotation. Looks like a good one to do after STS maybe , but then her Dec and Jan ones will be out and THEY may look good to me at that time. But FF's was always a keeper and I really felt pushed on that weight stuff (all the repeaters!!)....

Glad your'e "ok" Hottie! Check in when you have time!!

Chris! Sorry you're in that Monday mood. Work sounds like it was crazy last night, though I have no idea what "norm" is, obviously. You need sleep!

Hey, have you ever thought about doing kettlebells? With your calf problem, you might like it for cardio. Just a thought...... I guess you can go back to bike riding (you have a stationary, as I recall?), but it is tough to think about cardio that is easy on the calves!!

Yes, I figured I could put some bodyrock in that rotation. I may dig it out and see about it.

I did get a very brief! 15 minute run in while the kids were outside, but then they wanted to come in to see the kittens. I also did my kbell swings and some chiro exercises, so I got a half hour in today -- better than nothing!! They are all playing Settlers of Cattan now. You guys should check it out for xmas -- my boys are really enjoying it so far and they're still sort of figuring it out.

Back to snack provisioning......

Hey Again...

I'm draggin today. More than usual. OMG, I had this CRAZY patient last night. She was 71 yrs old, came in from home,,... her hair was died BRIGHT candy apple red. She was hallucinating that bugs were coming out of her fingers , and they'd crawl into her ears and mouth. She'd scream out that she was choking on one! And then she told me she didn't care for them crawling into her ears, because she was afraid they'd eat her brain, and "I don't have too much of that in there as it is!". She was sometimes amusing, but whack a DOO!

Beth: Good for you for getting in that cardio! I've seen KB at Ocean State Job lot and have been very curious , but just get overwhelmed of thinking of more equipment! So I never go on that whim to buy one. If I did buy one, what size should I get and where do I learn the swings? I'm soooo pissed, because this week is going to be so nice (60's!!! so unseasonable for November!), and I really REALLY wanted to go for a run. Dangnabitt!... I'll have to look for that game, I'll go see what it's about online...

Homework time!

:confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.