NO SWEETS April 21

[font color=blueviolet]Hey guys! I feel horrible this morning. My stomach is all in knots. We ate at DH's mom's house yesterday and got a lovely dose of frozen, fatty, over-processed foods. I hate eating over there. We brought some food w/ us to share w/ everyone so that we ate at least one thing healthy, but she gets so offended and I don't want to hurt her by bringing a separate meal for myself. Any advice?

How was everyone's weekend? We had two birthday parties, thus two pieces of cake... 2 small pieces! yay! It rained so we didn't get out, but yesterday it was okay so we spent the day in the garden and taking care of the lawn. It is looking good! My tulips and daffodils are smiling at me everytime I look outside!

Today I am doing BBC arms and running.

Missy

Morning Ladies,

My eating hasn't been going so well and with only 11 days left that is a major problem. Just maybe if I am perfect for the next 11 days I can at least get close. My trouble hasn't been sweets it's still been the fats, I got on the really dark chocolate kick again and while it has hardly any sugar the calories from fat are ridiculous.

Missy - Sorry you had to eat the crappy food. Unfortunately, i don't have any words of wisdom. I take all of my food everywhere I go and I don't care and people are just use to it. Here comes Linda with her cooler. DH is the same way.

Catherine - Happy Anniversary! I just hold the dumbbell vertically with my hands cupped under the one head. Do you wear any type of lift glove? I do and sweaty hands are never an issue for me. No, I don't have plate mates, been eying some magnets but not able to afford them yet. Anyway I just wear adjustable weights around my wrists for the added weight. Yeah with this rotation I can't do extra chins and pull ups because it full body and I am working chest and back every other day. I'll have to wait until the next rotation which will be a split.

Here is this morning's workout. It was two straight sets of 18 with a 2 minute rest. And let me just say, I hate high rep work, by rep 15 I just want to be done!

Chest
Decline Dumbbell Press
18/18 - 37's (brutal)

Back
One Arm Rows we/ Palms back
18/18 - 40# (struggled w/ the left)

Shoulders
Bent Over Lat Raise
18/18 - 16's

Quads
Leg Extensions
18/18 - 65# (started at 70# wasn't happening)

Biceps
EZ Curls
18/18 - 45# (nothing EZ here)

Triceps
Overhead Extensions
19/18 - 32#

Then did hanging ab work and CTX Step & Intervals cardio.

Have a great day!

Linda

Missy, I have the same problem with my MIL too!! I can not believe how offended she gets when I don't want dessert :eek:

Linda, I tried using a 40# for dumbell pullovers today and I did one, but felt like it was gonna slip out of my hands. Can not have that. The wt felt fine it was just getting a good grip. I don't use gloves. I read on one wt lifting (actually multiple sites) that it's best not to use gloves as it interferes with the CNS component on lifting. Maybe I'll have to try it.

Eating has been good today. Did 4DS upper body premix tonight. I am getting my neuroma injected tomorrow and hopefully will be able to kick my cardio back up a notch!!

[font color= purple size=+3]Catherine[/font]

http://www.rykat.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/arrowhead.png

http://www.picturetrail.com/fit_fairy

http://69.89.25.157/~extremf4/forums/images/smilies/chinup.gif

Catherine - Yes, I hold it just like you would for overhead extensions. I couldn't hold a dumbbell that heavy horizontally, my hands aren't big enough. No wonder you felt like you were going to drop in on your face! I recently heard the same thing about lifting gloves and the CNS. Haven't tried the no glove thing yet, but then again I don't wear traditional gloves either. I wear versagripps which leave more of your hand exposed.

Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.