## Monday Melters Get Moving! ##

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I just finished I-Tread #14 that is a 45 minute walk/jog/run, depending on what you like to do!:) . I wanted to start the thread before showering etc.

I will be back later for personals!

Deb:)

Morning Deb and all who follow~

Who's working and who's off today?

I got up early and did P90X Legs(not back though) and 4DS KB abs. Off to the shower with me.

Morning Shelley and those that follow!

DH and I just got back from walking the dogs. it's 5 degrees here}(
I thought my fingers were going to break off! You know when the snow has that crunch when you step that it is below 10! No, I am not off today..:(

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I listed 7 DVD's on ebay last night (6 Cathe, 1 Amy Bento Slo-Mo) and 3 Cathe already sold. In case you are interested, I am under "Wireladydb" ( nuff said, not sure if it is ok to do that here)

I need some help from you "fashionistas" ;-) . I am going to Dallas, then Mexico in 2 weeks. I need hair assistance! I have shoulder length or a little shorter layered hair and I want to have a way to put it up or back or something because it can get wavy/frizzy in humidity. The women at the salon say that scrunchies and those big clips (bananna clips?) are so "80's" and no one uses them anymore! How do you pull your hair back so it looks nice? Any ideas would be appreciated. :)

Leanne:
The snow was not bad. It actually had stopped by the time we left for the play. We have season tickets to the early show that starts at 4:00. I swear DH and I are the youngest ones there! :7 . We made steak fajitas when we got home..yum!

Tneah:
You are doing great on your new program! My husband who is not a sports fan was cheering the chargers when he saw they were doing ok when he was online doing something else.. he went to UC San Diego for undergraduate school.

Lainie:
Yes, I have all my workout stuff in the finished part of our basement. Now when I say finished, you have to visualize finished from the 50's! Knotty pine panelling and all! It does have low ceilings, around 7 feet. I still like it better than having to have all this stuff upstairs! I have a folding treadmill, an eliptical, a weight bench, plus all the other stuff like the high step, weight rack etc. Very little room left to actually do the workout, which is why some of those Boot Camp ones are impossible for me to do, not counting the impact. They take up too much room.

Shelley:
What an awful time you have had this week :-( {{HUGS}} your way!

Hi to all that I missed, hope you drop in later!

Deb;-)

Good morning Deb, Shelley and all who are yet to come.

{{{Shelley}}} Wow, that was a nasty week. I sure hope this one is better for you. How do you get all these super needy friends? You are a rock, my friend, to be there for all of them. I hope nothing ever, ever happens with Sophie and your ex's live-in. Scary indeed. I'm off today, but only because I worked the weekend. The hospital doesn't recognize MLK Day as a holiday.

tneah, I'm sorry the Chargers lost. My adopted team is whoever is playing the Pats. So I guess the Giants are my boys now. I don't think they can do it though. I expect the Pats to go all the way.

Deb, the Amy Bento must have sold too. I didn't see it when I checked. DH just checked the temperature on our back porch. It is a balmy -2. I'm glad he has the woodburner fired up and the wind died down.

The plan for today is upper body weight work. Yawn. I'm not sure if I'll pull out GS or maybe do weights from 4DS. DD and I are going to the mall today. I need some slippers. I'm not allowed to buy anything else. Shucks, I bet the mall is crowded with MLK Day shoppers too. I'll be back later to see what's going on with the rest of the melty world.

Hi Melters!

Are we ready for a new week? After hanging around with our friends in Florida at their home, I am ready for simple clean food. These friends are greats hosts and insisted on cooking fantastic meals every night. We are so lucky to have such wonderful friends!

I made a big pot of minestrone (Michelle style) yesterday to have for lunches this week.

Friends, I have no idea what everyone has been up to so forgive my lack of personals.

Our family menus is not done for this week yet, but tonight is some kind of fish. That is our Monday routine.

Does Anyone have a great menu for the week planned yet?

I have been saving my weekly menus so that they can be repeated with ease.

TaTa ladies. Stay warm in the northeast!

*edit for typo

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Brr, so cold today. ***shivering*** I'm glad the kids are off to school today so I can stay indoors and keep cranking up the heat. DH has to work, though, so he's not here to balk at how high the thermostat is set. :D

I'm still doing the 4-Day Split rotation, but shuffling things a bit. Today I'm going to do Kick Max Low Impact Kickbox premix instead of 4DS Kickbox. That way I can do some kickboxing and the leg conditioning drills, which might be better for my knees than heavy weight work until I can talk to my PT about what leg work I can do.

That was some exciting football last night. I'm in NY but usually prefer the Jets to the Giants (though the Jets completely sucked this year). I also kind of like Green Bay (no reason really) so I wasn't sure who I wanted to win last night's game until I found myself cheering on the Giants and realized I must want them to win. It was fun. I wish they could beat the Pats, but doubt it. OK, apologies to the non-football fans for that little diversion.

Did I ever mention how cute my boys are? Dang they are pretty! Isaac just came up to me and said, "Mommy, do you know which thing is my favorite thing?" "No, what?" "Trains. I like all the trains in the world."

Shelley, my kids are off school but that means I'm actually working more than usual--though at least I don't have to do the school run thing. How're you doin' today, chica?

Deb, thanks for sharing the eBay sale info. I am also selling stuff, but mine are on Amazon. You can see a link on my blog for that. I've got Cathes, Amys, and a couple others.

Robin, good luck at the mall. I considered going shopping today but I've got two snotty kids and didn't want to face any holiday crowds with them.

Judy, no detailed weekly menu yet, but I think tonight will be lean chicken fajitas. We like to make lots of Tex Mex kind of stuff. It'll be chicken, red peppers, low fat cheese, salsa, ff sour cream, and these new wraps I got which claim to be low fat/low carb (wondering what they're made of...).

OK, sorry for rambling on so long. Hello to all who follow. BBL.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

I am up! I am up!:7

Wow, this is a first, I am up really early and ready to roll (well, not like the rest of you chirpers but still;-) ) Must be the fab diet I am on...hum.

Deb, sounds sooo cold there! I know that when we lived in SLC it got that cold, and even though George loved it of course, I must have looked like an Eskimo walking him around the block.I was wondering how those poor football players were playing in sub-zero temps in Green Bay yesterday. I told my DH, I need to write to the NFL and tell them that is just abusive! Can you imagine running in that temp? Your lungs would collect icicles!

Shelley, how did you do legs from P90X without having to do back, did you just fast forward? I always liked that particular workout for some reason, except the pullups! Have yourself a worry free day, again, your friends are dang lucky to have you in their lives.:)

Robin, My DH is from the Bronx-way back when..so we are gonna have to root for the Giants!:7 Enjoy your day off!

Judy, hey, wanna days menu plans? You can follow my program. Just eat 7 mini-meals consisting of 4 ounces protein source, 1 cup of green veggies, 4 ounces red potatoes or 4 rice cakes, 1 corn tortilla, etc...make three of those meals a protein shake with flax oil and call it a day!:7 I am sure your menu plans are much tastier than that though.

Today is my leg day workout. Will put Cathe's GS Legs on, and then do my own leg workout. Its nice to feel like I am still working out with them.:) I actually am having a hard time fitting in all these meals, its kinda freaking me out. It seems like I am eating alot, but in reality its only 1,599 calories! Wow, its weird how much I must have "picked" at food all day. You know, getting into the fridge and "grazing" which is really easy when you work from home.

I bought a few new canvases yesterday so will start painting this week, I seem to go in phases, I paint a ton, then nothing for months!

Okay guys, be back later, the sun just rose up and its time for cardio. Oh, I had to get another ipod so I can get more of those Grace workouts, my other one is full.:7

Happy Monday, everyone!

Tomorrow I go back to work/teaching. It's been *really* nice having so much time off at home, but I think that I'm ready to be back. I've got a killer teaching schedule again this semester -- I'll just be teaching two days a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays. That means that I may not get a chance to check in with the Melters those two days. Is that alright?!

I'm feeling like a nervous wreck today, so will try to relax and take it easy. I'll be doing 4DS LIS, which I love. I have to head to the grocery store later today, too, and we're supposed to be getting a huge rain storm. UG!

Shelley -- I read your post from last night. Are you doing OK this morning? You poor thing -- what a week from h*** it was for you!!! I'm so sorry that you had to deal with so much. {{{HUGS!!!!}}}

Deb -- Thanks for the heads-up about the Ebay stuff! I just bid on two things!;-) Glad you had fun at the play! Wow -- it's really cold where you're at! We've been grumbling because we're getting a big rainstorm today, but it'll be 56 degrees here, so we shouldn't really complain! I have super short hair, so sorry I can't offer any advice in the hair department!

Robin -- Hope that the mall isn't too crowded for you, and that you find some nice slippers. The ones that Tneah sent look great, too, although they are rather pricey!

Judy -- Glad you had fun in Florida!

Lainie -- Your boys really are adorable!! Are you still doing OK with the water retention while doing the 4DS?

Tneah -- That's a great idea to put on Cathe while you workout so you feel like you have some company! Are you doing OK with the low calorie count still? Are you having to work out twice a day *every* day?

TK -- Hope that new promotion isn't keeping you too busy!

Michele -- How are you feeling? Is your cold any better?

Shannon -- How are you, too? Are you still doing well with not obsessing? We have to keep on working at it!:)

Stephanie -- Did you have a relaxing weekend with the family? Will you be able to go to ballet this week?

Morning melters. I went to DH's niece's house overnight on Saturday and when I got back my DSL line was down. Because it's so cold I think all the bits and bytes just froze to the outside of the house or something! Today is a holiday for me so I am being really lazy and having my coffee before working out. I think I'll try my new Gay Gasper DVD.

Deb: Did you list your stuff on eBay with 'buy it now' prices? Is that why you've sold 3 already? I usually list for 7 days as an auction only and hardly anyone bids until the last minute. Been thinking of doing 'buy it now' only just to get it all over with quickly. What's been your experience? Regarding your hair, how about a headband or scarf to pull your hair back out of your face? I'm far from a fashionista but will use a headband or a small clip in my hair when we're out boating. DH is bald so he likes the enclosure open when we're under way and doesn't understand what it does to my hair!

Robin: I'm the same regarding football. After the Eagles are out of the running (which was way early this season x( ), I will root for the underdog.

Judy: Did I miss where you went in FL? BTW, how's your golf game?

Tneah: I've tried eating 5-6 meals and found it hard, let alone 7. It takes lots of planning, and then you have to remember to execute at the right times.

Hi Leanne: Back to work tomorrow, huh? It sounds like when you work on Tues and Thurs this semester that it will be really long hours. Do you work far from where you live?

Hello to all I've missed. I gotta get off my butt and get the workout done!

Hi again Melters~

Deb - I think it's perfectly fine to let us know about DVDs you're getting rid of, but just not to make a whole post about it in OD. When my hair was longer, I liked to put it in a French roll, which looks elegant, but is really easy to do. I'll try to find a website with good instructions because I sure can't explain it without showing you!

Robin - super needy people are drawn to me. It's true. It can be quite draining, especially since most of them disappear when it's my turn to need some support. Enjoy shopping with DD and I hope you find nice slippers!

Judy - I think you're the only one who plans menus! I know I usually fly by the seat of my pants. My SO is home today, so he's cooking, which is always fabulous (for those who aren't aware, I live with a chef - yeah, I know, poor me, huh?).

Lainie - your kids sound adorable. I love the things kids come out with! I'm not feeling great. I think whatever you had came straight here when it left you!

Tneah - for P90X legs, I just use the Next button to skip over the back sections. It makes a nice, short, effective leg workout. And that leg workout gives me more DOMS than any other, even though you hardly use any weight. Don't you find it distracting trying to your own workout with Cathe in the background? I'd get completely lost.

Leanne - of course it's all right if you have to miss a couple of days a week! Enjoy your workout. 56 degrees is WARM. It's face-freezing weather here.

All right, hello to everyone else and I'll bbl.

Hey guys, back to say hey to those I missed this AM!:7 :7

Leanne, no its not okay if you don't check in!:7 Just because I will miss your cheery sunshine self!:-( Relax, I am sure you are such a great teacher, you have an important job, you should be so proud!Oh, and actually, I feel like I am eating alot! Its so weird, I am actually "full" all day long.

TK, Yes! It is so hard, one of my "mini-meals" got the ax yesterday because we had friends over and I felt weird going and eating.:p But its getting easier, I got up at 6am this morning, so planning is better if you start earlier. I got a George Foreman grill and made up a ton of chicken breast, cut up my potatoes and put them all into seperate baggies. It makes grabbing a meal a snap, plus I am at home all day-besides the errands and other stuff, but not having to go to an office makes it easier I think.:)

Deb, do you have bangs? If not, can you pull it into a low ponytail, and add a pretty headband? I am so into the headband thing right now, they look so cute. I wear my hair back all the time, hate having it in my face. Or if you have a nice forehead, slick it all back into a ponytail or low bun for a really elegant look. I cannot pull this off as I have an enormous "caveman" forehead!:7 If you have bangs, you can still wear these styles, just sort of back comb the crown a little above your headband, sweep your bangs to one side, and there you go! Brigitte Bardo.

Shelley, yeah, I am the same, always attracting the needy folks. Even our homeless folks here in Vegas (we have a ton:-( ) target me everytime.:) And of course I give. But yeah, when you need someone, it sucks, where are they, well except my DH, who is also my best bud too! Oh, and yeah, it is a little distracting having Cathe in the background, but I did legs today so put in Leaner Legs, knowing that its so tough, and if they can get through that workout, I can get through mine! Then I stretched with them when I was finished, I know I am a strange duck.:)

Speaking of legs, the workout Mr. Trainer had me do looked simple, uh, no it was not because of the rep count. Ouch. Ok, off to help with a commercial we are supposed to film today,tell ya all about later!

Hey again,

Just finished 4DS LIS! That shoulder work is a killer!

TK -- Yes, they'll be REALLY long days this semester, but it's so nice having this schedule b/c then I can stay at home and work/grade/prep for classes the other three days. Last semester, I had a night class (and I'm a morning person), which was really hard. This semester my first class is at 7:00 AM (ouch!) and I finish office hours at 5:15. I just have to bring plenty of healthy food to keep my energy up!

Tneah -- Oh, yes! Tell us about the commercials you're doing! How exciting is that?! Will you get a chance to paint today at all? I just love those Lean Dessert shakes, too. Right now, I'm enjoying a Banana Nut one, made with milk and a frozen banana. Are you allowed to have any milk and fruit when you make your shakes on the meal plan? Or do you just make them with water and ice? I haven't made them that way before, but probably should to save some calories!;-)

Shelley -- I could send you some of our warm weather . . . . How are you doing today?

I'll try to check back in later!

Hi, Melters... better late than never, huh?

What a day. We're working on a huge project, and of course it's behind schedule. We found out this morning that the part our Communcations Dept. is supposed to handle won't be ready to go until tomorrow, which means we've just lost an entire day of an already very tight deadline. Sigh. Tomorrow is going to be loooong. So, I won't be checking in at all, and maybe not Wednesday either.

This weekend I spent some time thinking about what I want to accomplish with dietary changes. Basically, I don't want to melt. Okay I wouldn't mind it... but I know my body, and I know it would take a very rigorous diet, and a much tougher exercise program, to accomplish any melting at all. So what I really want to do is just to feel good about what I eat and know that I'm eating clean. I think I can do that with a few simple changes.

Shelley - I sure hope things are going better for you. You've had it ROUGH.

Deb - good luck with finding that ideal hair style. My hair frizzes like mad in humidity (and I live in it), and I never can find a way to control it. Let me know if you find a cure!

Robin - did you survive the trip to the mall? Did you get some really warm, fuzzy slippers?

Judy - enjoy your clean eating this week. I know what you mean about eating all the "good stuff." But admit it... it's wonderful!!!

Lanie - be careful with that kickboxing. I hope it works for you, and that you can enjoy the workout.

Tneah - thanks for keeping us posted on your new routine. It's all very interesting.

Leanne - wow - just two days a week? Are those extra long days for you? I hope the schedule works out. Thanks for asking about my "obsessing." Fortunately, it seems to have passed. I feel a lot better now! What about you?

TK - I'm glad you're enjoying your day off!

Well, I'd better get back to work and get some other garbage out of the way, in preparation for tomorrow.

Hi all. The trip to the mall wasn't so bad. I think we got there early enough to avoid the "holiday" shoppers.

tneah, those slippers are adorable. Too bad I already found a pair I liked. Nothing fancy, just warm. I tried eating several mini meals once, but I had trouble fitting them all in and never was really satisfied. I hope you have better luck. Have fun painting.

Shelley, that seems to be the problem with needy people. Friendships with them are all one sided. Oh well, you do your best. You'll get your reward someday.

Judy, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your golf trip, even if it included several wonderful meals. LOL. Welcome home to the deep freeze.

Leanne, good luck tomorrow. My DH used to get all excited about the first day of school, but not so much anymore.

Lanie, your boys ARE adorable. Is the one who loves all the trains the same one who includes jets in all his drawings?

TK, I had a nice lazy morning too. Friends of mine just got home from a short term mission trip to the Dominican Republic. They brought me a pound of coffee. Yum.

Shannon, don't work too hard. Don't you hate it when someone else screws up and you have to pay the price?

I got my workout done this afternoon and had a nice, relatively healthy dinner of roast turkey breast. I think I'm back on track. At least for one day. One day at a time, isn't that how it goes? See you all tomorrow.

I'm going to play catch up tonight so I have less to catch up on in the morning.

I did Kick Max Low Impact Kickbox premix today. It was fun because I remembered that it was the first Cathe workout I ever did. I can't believe that after the blasts I wasn't afraid to try her other stuff. I remember just jumping around a bit while she blasted on and I had my mouth hanging open the whole time.

Tneah, hey, I have a big forehead, too. But I have a long big head in general, actually. I have a picture of me with my first serious boyfriend and he looks like kind of a pinhead next to me--of course I had my hair all fluffed up and curled as well.

Leanne, so are you carrying on the 4DS another week? It would be nice to be in sync (sort of) for one more week. Tomorrow is a cardio only day. I keep forgetting to chug down the water while I'm doing all these weights, so no, not so good on water retention right now.

TK, which is your new Gay Gasper DVD?

Shelley, sorry you've got the crud now. My boys have been sick all week but seemed better today. I just have the same ongoing semi-crud going on but overall I'm better. Did you get the scrapbooking pkg yet?

Shannon, good luck with your big project (if you even see this while you're so busy).

Robin, yep the one who loves trains is my 5-year old who draws lots of jets in his drawings. Of course, the 2-year old already also loves trains, but can't say it so well yet.

Ok, gotta answer a couple emails and then I think I'll go to bed early.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.