Melting on the REAL Thursday

Good morning on another chilly one. Fall is in the air here. This weekend is the Pittston Tomato Festival. I've never been, but want to go someday. They have a Tomato Fight, where 100 people line up face to face and throw rotten tomatoes. It looks like a hoot. Unfortunatly, I have a prior committment.

I have to go grocery shopping after work today. The cupboard is bare! I'm not sure if a workout will get done after that or not. If so, it will be something cardio. I did Workout 2 of NROLFW Stage 1 last night. Still seems awfully short, but I loaded on the weight. I was huffing and puffing a bit.

Shelley, your train story is so frightening. I'm glad you were rescued and all was well.

BG, how are your ribs today?

Leanne, what topic is your sabbatical article based on?

Goodmorning to the rest of you guys. I'll try to get back early and often to keep up.

Morning Robin and all who follow!

Robin - I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want rotten tomatoes thrown at me, but it would be hilarious to watch! I need to grocery shop too. The train thing was pretty scary and the weird thing was, that after, people kept telling me "Oh, you should definitely write to GO Transit (the train people) and let them know!". Umm... let them know what? That I slipped and feel and it was my own fault?

Peggie - I'm ashamed to say that I did not get up this morning. The alarm went off and I promptly fell back asleep. :eek: Tomorrow is another day, right?

It smells weird outside this morning. Like tar or fuel or something. Ick.

Hi Robin.

Ditto on the not getting up Shelley. Oh well. I did think of you though and was wondering if you got up. Hope you have a good day.

HI to all who follow

Tired & cranky today..

Yep...sorry but I am just feeling lousy today...headache etc. I have off today, but doesn;t the %^$$$ alarm go off anyway...:mad:...

Shelly:
I didn;t get to read the train story...but it sounds scary! Yes tomorrow is another day...that is my motto!

Robin:
Don't think I would want to see rotten tomatoes thrown at people, even if it was for fun...Have fun grocery shopping...I am lucky that DH does that for us..he likes to do it..believe it or not! What is NROLFW? I must have missed this ( again!)...

DH took Keegan in yesterday for a "sterile" sample that they are going to send out for a culture to see if they can identify the actual bacteria or whatever and get him on the right meds..crossing fingers that this works and we can be done with this episode.

Peggie:
That Sand Dune guy sounds hard...and with a 25# KB? whew!

Allie:
OK to be self-absorbed once in a while..we understand completely! WTG on the Cathe purchases!

Lainie:
Thank you for the prayer for my DAD...He is such a sweetheart, I feel so bad when he gets sick..he will not accept that he is 84 and needs to slow down.. the awful thing is, he quit smoking 40 years ago, but the effects of it caught up with him about 4 years ago. Isn't there stuff in the SB diet that you can eat even if your teeth hurt? I do remember the first 2 weeks and it was really hard...DH and I did it together and I lost 4 pounds...I felt like I was starving the whole time:confused:..

Shannon:
so sorry I missed your birthday..:eek:...that's what I get for starting the thread and not reading again until the next day...anyway, it sounds like you had a great time with your co=workers and all the cookies!

Nancy:
Great news about your DH...:)..yes it is hard to keep up here...sometimes we don;t and everyone is ok with that...

BG:
Thanks for the well wishes...Keegan does not act sick at all...only the umm..dribbling and strange accidents ..How are you feeling? Maybe you should Be putting off your TM sessions until you are better?

Tneah:
Thanks for the info...I may look into Providence...or maybe I should just pull out some older stuff that I haven't done in a while...I am so annoyed at how long STS is taking. Did you go over to the 1RM calculator and try to use that?? ugh..I don;t need aggravation when I am supposed to be doing something fun...I get enough of that type of aggrevation at work..
So Georgie has some neighbors he "talks" to in the morning? Did you really check into a hotel? I don;t blame you!

Leanne:
I can feel your pain about the hair situation...you know me and my hair...did you go back and ask to have it fixed? or go somewhere else? I think you and Tneah need to find a good stylist there together, since she will be looking for one too I assume...sorry about the MIL and the job... I would feel the same way...

Kara:
Hi there girl...nice to hear from you...why in the world would you read the DOL website?...

Erin:
Another one not sleeping...what is going on around here??? Hope you are better today..:)

Have a great day..

Deb

Good morning, everyone!

Robin - Fall? In August? I'm lost in dreamland over here! We still have rain, which is rather exciting itself... although you should see my hair.... :rolleyes: What cardio do you think you'll do tonight? My vote is for SB or Imax 2.

Shelley - is that smell at your house? Ewwww.

Peggie - sorry you didn't make it up. Actually I'm not... :) You people who do early morning workouts make me hurt. :D

Deb - I hope you have plenty of time to relax today so the headache will go away.

Last night I had MORE cookies. Oh wow. Mom made her super-delicious chocolate chip cookie bars, which are sooo much better than regular cookies. Can you believe that? Better than cookies? Oh yes. But now I am officially cookied out. I really don't think I could look one in the face.
icon_biggrin.gif

Thank god for Cardio Coach. I at least burned off a few of those cookies last night... surely.
icon_eek.gif

So, hopefully I'll BBL. I have a meeting and two articles to write... and then.... I'M DONE FOR THE WEEK. Today is my Friday! I decided to take tomorrow off as my b'day gift to myself.

Hi melty friends! I cannot do personals today. Outta time, but I gotta say AOS Newport Rocks!!!! I did it after spin class yesterday. But it would still kick my butt ifi had not done spin class.

Robin- yes the first few workout are short, but just stick with it. i will get hard if you increase weights EVERY workout, honest! i am still gong to go back to it. Who knows, maybe I'll jump back in with you at stage 5? I really want to do stage 7 cutting! Ya baby cut the fat off the hard earned muscle!

have a great almost weekend friends!

PS-I am logging on Sparkpeople again and feel like I am in the groove. Last night DH found ourselves with no kids home and went out for a bite to eat. Even with a 5 oz. glass of red wine, I stayed with in my calorie range for the day!

Last edited:
Robin - the title of our thread today made me giggle. Thanks for that! I think the Tomato Festival sounds like a riot. I love crap like that. Well... sometimes I guess. ;)

Shellers - wonder what the weird smell is. That's odd. Good morning to you!

Peggie - hi kitten!

Deb - I'm feeling okay. If I move suddenly a certain way it's bad news, but otherwise it's okay. Sitting down, leaning back in a chair is difficult too. I'm just feeling lucky! :) Thanks for asking. That's so sweet about your dad. My prayers are with him. And it's good that at least K doesn't know he's sick. Otherwise your heart would be aching for him too! Hope they can isolate what the deal is, and get him the right meds! (((HUGS)))

Hey Shannon - totally with you on the hair thing. I got some new products yesterday by Aveda... tested them out this morning. Think I like them... but we'll see. No rain here, just humidity. But not too hot, which is nice!!

Hi Judy - mmmmmm red wine.

Later taters.

Good morning, gals!

I'm supposed to do Imax 3 today, but I think that I may swap out some kickboxing since I've been doing a lot of step lately. My legs and tush are actually sore from my kettlebell workout yesterday! Woo hoo! Gotta love the DOMS! ;)

So we're seriously thinking about buying an elliptical. We have some Costco credit/gift cards, and they have a ProForm one on-line that looks nice . . . .

Peggie -- Thank you SOOOOO much for comparing the handles on the two KB's! I think that we'll have to skip the Perform Better ones for Mike since the smaller handle really cut up his fingers the other day. Happy b-day to Tayler!

Robin -- That tomato fight actually sounds like fun . . . to watch! ;) Do you usually go every year or so? Glad that you're liking the NROL4W a bit better! My sabbatical article is most likely going to be about a novel by Mary Shelley, but I actually left the text open in my proposal so I'd have the flexibility to change my mind. Ah! I wish fall weather was on its way here! I love the fall! Like Breckie, I had to giggle, too, at the title of the thread!

Shelley -- Sounds like you needed the sleep this morning! Glad you got a chance to rest a bit longer. That is so freakin' scary about the train thing!

Deb -- Sending you {{{HUGS}}}! Do you think that you can take a nap today? I hope that Keegan and your dad both feel better! I'll keep sending prayers and positive thoughts to your dad! It sounds like he's really 84-years-YOUNG! :) LOL about us gals who always have hair issues. I did find someone who cut my hair a couple of years ago and I actually LOVED it . . . but she was way too expensive! :confused: Oh, I keep meaning to tell you that at the Road Trip, they mentioned that STS was costing over a million dollars to make!! That made me feel somewhat better about how long it's taking, and I wanted to pass it on since I knew you've been frustrated, too. I heard a rumor that Nov. 1 could be the release date, but that was definitely a RUMOR and so may not be true. Chris DID say that it would out before the end of the year. Great!:confused:

Shannon -- Ah, those better-than-cookies bars sound wonderful! Drool! I didn't have any treats on my b-day since the darn restaurant was out the dessert I wanted. :( Hooray for having tomorrow off, but we sure will miss you since I know it's not likely that you'll check in. Where are you and your friend going for dinner?

Judy -- So glad you liked Newport!

Breckie -- Glad you're feeling better today, sweetie! Are your teefies OK, too, after getting the braces tightened? Are you working in the van today? So when did you say that the next bikini pics are due to Mr. Trainer? Do you feel like you're making good progress? Hope so!

I'll BBL to say "hey" to all the melty gals who haven't checked in yet! Hugs!

Morning All:D

Deb, I do hope they figure out poor Keegans troubles, I know what its like to have an UTI, I just hope it isn't hurting the little guy.:(

Robin, rotten tomatoes? Gross, kinda funny though...:D

Shelley, glad you slept in...wish I could have but people start arriving at 7am and I need to be up and ready to face them all....or did you sleep in?

Shannon, glad to hear you are cookied out, gotta love ma for making your favorites huh?

Judy, sounds like you are doing well on your diet...I tried logging calories and stuff but lost patience and interest.

Breckie, still feeling sore??

Sorry for my lackluster personals you guys, and if I missed anyone...Georgie and I slept on the floor last night in the only room that is carpeted and usable...my back is killing me frankly, and so are these freaking cramps, they chose today to really kick my butt.

Tneah -- {{{HUGS}}} you poor thing, you! Sorry that you had an awful night. Can you check into the marina hotel for a couple of days to get some sleep? Sounds like you need it!

Robin -- I wanted to tell you that I loaned that Celia Rivenbank (sp?) book Stop Dressing Your . . . to my SIL, who loved it! She returned it at dinner on Tuesday night, and then I passed it off to my friend Lisa, who said she had heard great things about it. Thanks again for the recommendation! :)

Hi everyone. I’m about to get up and work out, but I need to let my (very late) breakfast settle a bit more. I was thinking about trying Lauren’s KB DVD again, but now I’m thinking the weather is so gorgeous that I might go down the trail with the boys (Isaac on bike and Ewan on trike) and I can wear my new Cathe weighted vest. Hmm.

Is anyone else kind of freaked out by that animated AirWick commercial with an elephant who’s married to a centipede? That is just freaky. My DH laughs at me since I’m not bothered by the fact that it’s a talking elephant wearing pearls, but I can’t stand that she’s married to a centipede. That’s so sick and wrong, even in an animated talking animal world.

Anyway, today is going to be a stay at home and chill day. My teeth are still tender, but not as bad as yesterday, at least. I may reschedule South Beach for next Monday (I always like a Monday start and that will give me time to recover tooth-wise). Then I can finish the 2-week phase before returning to the orthodontist.

Ooh, good news. I talked to the neighbor’s daughter last night and she’s going to watch the boys for us on Saturday so Brian can take me to see The Dark Knight at Imax. Cool! That’s my birthday fun, though my birthday is actually tomorrow (for those who asked).

Robin, I ordered the NROLFW book today, so I’m going to check it out. Hmm, Tomato Festival. One of the towns I lived in as a kid had a Watermelon Festival every August. They had stuff like watermelon-seed-spitting contests. Good times. Boy, did we live in the sticks.

Shelley, I think I missed the full train story—going to have to go back to yesterday and find it.

Hi Peggie!

Deb, there are some things soft on the SBD I could eat, but it’s very limited and I didn’t have much of it in my house (duh). So I’m going to postpone. It was kind of weird that my stepdad had so many lung problems and emphysema; he never smoked a day in his life. We suspected it was something to do with his service in Korea or something. Apparently his health was never quite the same after the war.

Shannon, man, your mom is the Cookie Queen, isn’t she?

Judy, hmm, I look forward to getting AOS Newport, but after I do the 3 new kettlebell workouts I just got (one of which was AOS Providence). Kettlebells are fun.

Hi Breckie!

Leanne, my legs were sore yesterday even from the rather brief KB workout I did on Tuesday!

Tneah, sorry about the crampiness and AF showing up. :( Have you ever tried the 3-month pills like I use?

Hello to all who follow.

Dang. I had hoped to check in often enough to not feel overwhelmed here today, but it's been busy at work. Now I'm almost cleaned up and have most of the afternoon free. Yawn!

Lainie, that commercial gives my DD the creeps too. I don't pay much attention to the TV, so it didn't bother me till she mentioned it. LOL at you feeling the same way. Have fun on your birthday date.

Leanne, glad to hear everyone is enjoying the book. Hmmm, Mary Shelley. She wrote Frankenstein, right? I never read any of her.

Tneah, sorry to hear about your back woes. Is this still your sciatica acting up from the running? Have you looked for a chiropracter? Could you call call your regular guy and ask for a recommendation?

BG, yeah, I like weird stuff like tomato fights too. But I think I'd only watch, not participate.

Deb, sorry for all your woes. I hope the culture helps you figure out what's up with Keegan.

Hi to Kara, Peggy, Shannon, Nancy and Judy. And anyone I forgot.

OK, you slackers! I found this on page 2! And I was the last one to post. Now get with the program!

I'm done with Tracey's HIS2 and a yummy dinner of cheesey eggplant and zucchini pie. Time for a glass of wine on the patio with a book. Sounds like a game of Clue. Robin, on the patio, with a book. Anyone read Lisa Lutz's The Spellman Files? Funny kind of PI book. I'm reading the sequel, Curse of the Spellmans.

Oh we are slackers...I was busy fantasizing about the different uses for Adian Brody's or is it Body's nose......:cool: Enjoy your scrumptious dinner dear..cheers! *clinks glass with Robins*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.