Melting Monday - Nov. 26th

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning all~

I typed a long post yesterday and when I went back to check, it wasn't there. I hate when that happens.

Is everyone back to reality today?

I didn't do very well over the weekend, that's for sure. Too much nibbling. So it's back on track this week. Can someone please kick me in the rear so I don't get complacent with the 4 lbs I've lost? Thanks.

And I'm starting the descent into PMS, so I won't be weighing in on Friday.

How's everyone else doing?

Hi Shelley and those to follow:

I hear you on the eating and weighing dilemma this week. I weighed in on Thursday, had not lost anything for a week, then after Thursday's eating feast and the weekend, I am getting back on track this week and will weigh again Thursday. Hopefully something will be different and in the right direction!

Today I did a 40 minute I-Tread.

Well I am back to work today after a week off. Not looking foward to it, but I have to go!

Have a great day,

Deb;-)

Good Morning Ladies-

Lets not call this new Diet Monday. Lets just be healthy choice makers. We can do it.

I do better with planning meals in advance. I'll have to do it this morning,since we are mostly out of food here (except for turkey which I do not eat)

Any one have any good dinner (vegetarian) ideas? I seem to be not very creative lately.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Well, I guess it's back to the old grind. And I guess that's good in a way. The only food I have is what I brought! No temptations from the kitchen calling me. I have a PT session today, and I'm not looking forward to it. I have a feeling she's going to tell me some upleasant things, which will mean I will really have to concentrate on not just clean eating, but completely sterile eating. Sounds delicious, doesn't it?

Shelley - it sounds like you joined all us U.S. gals in the feast this weekend. But I'm very impressed with your 4 lb loss! Keep it up!

Deb - I hope you enjoyed your vacation. Four days was nice, but a week would have been better!

Judy - Do you have a crock pot? I've practically been living out of mine this fall. Great veggie soups and stews, low in fat, and soooo good!

Goodmorning melters.

Shelley, here's a kick, followed by a hug. Don't let those swirling hormones have their way with you! DH, Tristan and I went to see Enchanted last night. Very cute movie.

Shannon, I hope your PT tells you it is a temporary, easily fixed set back. My cold-induced rest is probably helping my knees.

Judy, OK, so today is Good Choices Monday. I hope I can live up to it.

Deb, the nice thing about working a weekend is now I have Monday off, when all of you are headed back to work. Have a good day back.

I probably won't do a workout again today. This nasty cold still has my head aching, nose running and brain whirling. I'll try to balance out the lack of sweating with good food choices and get myself back on track. We are leaving shortly to take Tristan back to his home in Scranton, followed by some shopping. Maybe that will clear up the sniffles. See you later.

Hello everyone!! I'm back! Wow, I've been gone since Tuesday. I'm staying as far away from the scale as possible today. Staying with relatives is so hard!

Anyway - I read all of last weeks posts -- I'm so proud of those of you who kept the workouts going! You've motivated me to get back on track. And for those of you who actually lost over the holidays - I'm soooo impressed!!

When I saw that yesterday was the 25th - I realize we have less than a month until Christmas. I am kicking it into HIGH gear. I am currently chewing on gum and chugging water, doing my best to control those cravings. I think it is extra hard after a couple days off track.

I saw the 2007 achievements thread. Had a little pity party for myself. Next year I want to be posting on a thread like that. I want workouts to become part of my life. Not something I do just to lose a few pounds when I need to. I would also like to run a race. Reading all those posts from the ladies that have, are sooo inspiring. I want to do pushups on my toes! It's not just about the ten pounds, but about being strong! I want to do pikes on the ball! Okay, I'm motivated!! :)

Michelle

Hello everyone. I am soooooo sleepy today. I think it's the cold medicine I took at bedtime--always wipes me out the next day! So I need to get out and about soon before I nod off on the couch (which sounds tempting). I have an appointment this afternoon for Ewan with the pediatrician because he's still sick. Probably nothing she can do if it's just a virus, but I like to make sure he doesn't have an ear infection or anything. I should probably also see my doctor, but one appointment a day is enough--if I still feel bad tomorrow I'll call mine. Looking back I realized I first got sick before Halloween! It's kind of come and gone since then, so it's messed up the whole month. So this week is officially a rest week (so hard to do). Later today I'll try some yoga, but that's it. Of course, I also hope to go to Target and get some Christmas decorations (I LOVE Target--a little too much).

Shelley, here's another kick http://bestsmileys.com/kick/2.gif and hug http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/1.gif. Hope that helps.

Deb, good luck going back to work today.

Judy, one of my favorite vegetarian dinners is pasta with sauteed red & green peppers and mushrooms. Yum.

Shannon, I was supposed to have PT today but had to cancel because of the sick kid (can't take a snotty toddler to PT). I feel like this is never going to end--especially because I now also have a knee that complains every time I climb the stairs.

Robin, I'm glad I won't be the only one resting today. Let's hope we get over our sniffles soon!

Michelle, each little thing you do is an accomplishment--I'm sure you'll have something great to post next year that you've done. I think one of mine was just discovering Cathe at all. Considering what I was doing before Cathe it's like night and day!

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Happy Monday, Melters!

Doin good :) . I'm back on the 4DS rotation today and, thankfully, to day is a rest day -- LMAO!!! I did the CCPP workout last night and set a PR http://bestsmileys.com/tropheys/3.gif . I guess all this freaking cardio is finally paying off with increased endurance ;) . Today also marks the first day of my EIGHTH WEEK of nonstop 5 to 6 day a week workouts :eek: . Somebody stop me!!

DH and I went to see Bella yesterday. It was fantastic!! It was powerful and life-affirming -- the best movie I've seen in a long time. I highly recommend it.

Shelley - I'm sorry you lost your post. I HATE when that happens! I nibbled a little too much, too, so I'm hopping back on the bandwagon with you this morning. I'm so glad you started this challenge. This has been really good for me, even though I haven't experienced a ton of weight loss, I've lost inches and I feel slimmer than I have in months. That's all that really matters, right!? {{{{{Here's a PMS hug for you}}}}}.

Deb - here, grab my hand and I'll pull you back onto the bandwagon, too. ^5's for your 40 minute iTread this morning and I hope your first day back to work is too hectic.

Judy - I love your optimism. Healthy choice Makers it is! As for a good vegetarian dinner, how about a big pot of minestrone? I think that's what I'm going to make. It's a cold rainy day here and hot soup sounds so comfy and cozy.

Cuz - I hope you get a better than expected report from your PT. Let us know how your appointment goes...and BEHAVE ;) :p :*

Robin - I hope all goes well at your meeting with Tristan's caregivers. I'm getting the sniffles, too. I don't feel too bad, but I can tell a virus is flirting with me -- I have a stuffy/drippy nose, a scratchy throat, and a bit if an ear ache. Luckily I'll be joining you in a cardio free day :)

Hello to everyone who checks in later.

ETA a big hello to Michelle and Lainie!

Michelle - you WILL be posting in an achievement thread next year!! Everything you listed is doable. And oh yeah, staying with relatives is tough, especially when you have diet and exercise goals. Mondays are so great for starting over :)

Lainie - I'm wrapping you in a big blanket of...of...some kind of virus/bacteria repelling shield. I think you need soup, too. Soup is good for what ails you ;) . I hope you and yours are feeling better soon.

Hello again! Now that I'm back, I want to chat!

Shelley -- Wow on the 4 lbs!! Do NOT fall of the wagon!

Lainie and Robin - Hope you two are feeling better soon. We are all sending you healthy vibes!!

Michele - Thanks, you are right, everything I listed is doable.

Deb - I'm right there with ya -- back at work. Ugh. That's why I'm on-line -- I'm so bad at work!!

Judy - Did you see the post on the vegan recipes? I just checked it out and it looks great.

Shannon - Good luck with PT today!!

TK - I know you are a late poster -- so hello to you. I hope the South Beach is going good. I eat a lot of those South Beach frozen dinners (esp. the pizza). At what stage can you eat those?

It is so nice to have all of you on this journey. These last ten pounds are just the worst!!

Also, if the two Michel(l)es is confusing -- sometimes I go by just Mich. Mayebe that will help.

It's Monday ladies -- let's stay on track. Okay, another bottle of water -- I WILL NOT cave!!!

Mich

Good morning everyone.:) Not going to do personals, too tired, bit am thinking of you all.

This cold/flu deal is wiping me out, I just feel like sleeping and eating soup.;( Hopefully, it will be gone this week. I want to start my workouts full force. I walked on my treadmill yesterday for 30 minutes-I must of looked like "dead woman walking", I went so slow.

My PMS week starts today, but I think with this cold, I may not even notice it.:) Hope all you "snifflers" feel better, would offer some sage advice if I had any.But soup is always good.

Take care, eat well and workout hard.:7

Hello Everyone!

I am feeling yucky this morning with terrible cramps. x( Won't be weighing this week either because I stay bloated through the duration of my period.

Well, although it's definitely NOT fun being back at work it certainly is easier to eat clean! I'm trying to look on the bright side... ;)

To all who are sick - hope you feel better real soon!

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.