Melting Monday - Dec. 3

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning Melters~

I'm in a hurry, but wanted to start this and ask everyone how the weekend went?

Mine was pretty good with a cookie here and there (stupid PMS). For the most part I kept busy and did well though.

Talk to y'all soon!

hey Shelly and all melters-

My weekend was almost OK food wise. I am glad to have my meals planned and a big pot of soup in the fridge. However I enjoyed a few too many thin mint girl scout cookies and some popcorn at DE's favorite sports/Irish pub.

Lanie- I had to laugh because I have had the same little noises happen to me at embarrassing times too. How is your fever?

Ok Monday maidens ready get set GO! I 'm off hopefully I'll get back on for a lunch break.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good Morning Shelley and all fellow Melters!

Today I did a 45 minute I-Tread, burned 334 calories.

The weekend was great. DH and I went to a play. We have season tickets for a local theater.

Shannon:
Sounds like you had a fun weekend too.:7

Mich:
Good for you for doing that eliptical and PUB workout. You never know when that cookie monster is going to hit, and at least you burned some major calories in case you end up having any cookies!

Tneah:
Looking forward to the tree pictures.

Judy:
MMM.. lentil soup, one of my favorites:9

TK:
Let us know how that turkey turned out. I have heard a lot about doing them in brine, but have never tasted one that was done that way. Which DVD's did you switch to?

Lainie:
I have had that happen a couple of times.:+ . Yes we did get rain last night too and it is still very windy.

Have a great day..

Deb;-)

Morning, Melters -

My weekend was okay, food-wise, but certainly not perfect. I had lunch Saturday at Mom's, and she had a few goodies... well, they're gone now. And she doesn't plan to bake anymore for a while because my Dad has been having hypoglycemic headaches. So that'll benefit me as well! Today I have a nice, clean menu planned, and nothing should ruin it.

Happy Monday Melters! :)

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Friday night was pizza night, but as always, I have a HUGE salad before I eat my pizza, so that I'm not tempted to eat half the daggone pizza. ;) I weighed myself on Saturday morning and was down a pound, so I feel like maybe I'm making some progress. *crosses fingers*

I did C&W on Saturday morning, which is such a great workout. Sunday was a rest day (as always), and this morning I did Absolute Kickboxing. Now, I just need to focus on my eating this week. Easier said than done, as the holiday foods start piling up in the office. :9

Shelley, the forces of PMS just can't be resisted. But I know you're already well aware of that. ;) Hang in there!

Judy, there are worse things than Thin Mints and popcorn. :) Could've been cheesecake and fried mozarella sticks!

Deb, what play did you guys go see?

Shannon, that's good that your mom isn't going to bake for a while. It's always hard to resist mom's baked goods!

Hello Everyone!!

Happy Monday - arggg!! I hate Mondays!! But, the good news is - I got a lot accomplished this weekend and I'm feeling great. I am ALMOST done Christmas shopping! yeah! Of course 4DS, which I bought on Friday was a little "Merry Christmas to myself" ha ha!! After reading Beloved Heather's post -- I can't wait for my new workouts!

It's cold -- and I just couldn't drag myself out of bed this morning. :( That's okay, I'm ready to do Butt&Gutts when I get home tonight. I love those firewalkers!

Chat with you later!
Mich

Hi Melters!

I totally blew it this weekend ;) x( . I went to a Christmas party -- it was a shindig for some people DH knows. I was going to "gird my loins" by eating first, but DH swore that we weren't going to stay long and that we would go out for a nice dinner afterward. Well, we were amongst the last to leave http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/angry023.gif . Before the night was over I consumed 3 or 4 BBQ chicken wings, spinach dip with spongy white bread (isn't that supposed to be served with pumpernickel?), cheese, a piece of cake, a brownie -- I'm sure there's more but I've repressed the memory :p

I cleaned up my diet on Sunday http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/angelic002.gif

I did not make up the cardio I missed, but I did 2 segments from Classical Stretch instead. Saturday my neck and shoulders were so tight and painful that I could barely turn my head. I don't know what I did to them but I feel much better now. I have S&H legs on tap for today.

Shelley - A couple of cookies isn't so bad considering you're PMSing :p

Judy - I simply can't have Girl Scout Thin Mints in the house. I'll eat however many I have in a sitting :eek: . I also have a big pot of soup in my refrigerator http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/angelic004.gif

Deb - What play did you see? We used to have season tickets to the theater but we could never go so we stopped buying them :-( . We could only get season tickets for weeknight performances and we needed weekend.

Cuz - Well thank goodness your mom came to her senses -- lol! I'm sorry about your dad's headaches, though. I will not bake Christmas goodies, and my DH has already been warned that if he brings ANYTHING home from work it's going to get the dish soap treatment and go straight into the trash! :eek: ;)

Evily - ^^^ 5's on the weight loss. Hey, every increment counts! I didn't have my pizza. I made a pot of veggie soup and had that instead. I have TONS leftover and that's what I'm having for lunch and/or dinner the rest of the week.

Mich - ^^^5's on your weekend accomplishments!! You're gonna LOVE the 4DS! Even I love it and that's saying something -- lol! Oh, I hate the cardio parts -- I do Cardio Coach or walking workouts with the weight segments.

Hello to everyone else!:)

ETA...

Robin - Oh no!! What happened to your knee? Is it any better today? Do you have an appointment with the doctor? That really sucks!! You better rest and let it heal.

Lainie - You better rest, too. Sometimes it can take WEEKS for these viruses to pass. Oh, and I've made those same "noises" :p . I didn't get to go to the antique open house, so I might have to come visit you so I can peruse the shops in your neck of the woods. Antiques are my passion.

TK - How'd your brined turkey turn out? I've always wanted to try that. We usually brine chicken and it's always moist and yummy! We brine pork, too.

Have a great day, Melters, and good luck fending off treats as the holiday draws near.

Dragging my butt to the thread to say "hey" to everyone. Dragging my butt back to lay down with my heating pad...:-( I get some wicked cramping, feels like I am in labor or something. Will post more tomorrow, eat soup and salad today, need to clean up the diet now that PMS has taken a back seat to the cramps.:)

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Hi again,

For those that asked, we saw "Crazy Mary" at the Kavinoki Theater. This theater is completely self sufficient, (meaning it does not rely on any subsidies from the government). It is part of the Douville College campus here in Buffalo. It survives completely on donations from people like us that buy season's tickets and playbill advertising.

The play was the 3rd one I have seen by this playwrite. I think his name is Thomas Guerney. He always has a "Buffalo" reference in the plays he does.. including this one.

Deb

Hi all. Still sick and feverish. I have only another day or so of antibiotics and I wonder if they're working.

I did make it to physical therapy today, at least. I think my ankle is getting a little better and hope to start doing step aerobics again soon (though I will probably have to start low impact and on a 4" step). I would like to be done with whatever is causing this fever first, though. Today I will rest, maybe do some gentle yoga. Even yoga is challenging when you're feeling lightheaded and dizzy from fever and medications.

I hope to BBL for personals but I need to go shower and then rest a bit while Ewan is napping.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.