Melting Like A Popsicle on a Hot Summer's Day.....

tneah

Cathlete
Ok, I know I am not the first one up today!:eek: I am on the west coast, so you easterners have to be up and about.:)

What's up? There was a sort of sad note to everyone's post yesterday, so maybe you all are taking a break this weekend..

I will be getting geared up for the new year and all-its our anniversary on December 31st.We celebrate by watching Forrest Gump.:7 Seriously, its madness up on that strip, so we wait to really "celebrate" until the middle of Jan.

Here's to hoping you all have a relaxing weekend!:)

Hi everyone,

Yeah, Tneah and I can't be the only ones up yet, right?! I always feel like I'm the one lagging behind since I'm on West Coast time, too!

Today I'm continuing with my week of circuits and intervals. I'm going to do Drill Max in a little bit, which I just love. It's one of my favorite workouts, but I rarely get to do it anymore since I've been focusing on pure weight workouts.

Tneah -- Your avatar looks fantastic! That should actually say, YOU look fantastic!!! Have you guys gotten your rings yet? Happy early anniversary!

TK -- Congrats on your promotion!! That is so exciting! What kind of analyst are you?

I'll BBL for more personals as everyone checks in!
:)

I was just thinkin'. Since this challenge was supposed to be 10 pounds before Christmas...and there were alot of setbacks...I think Shelley and TK lost the most? I am wondering if everyone is sorta "done" now?

If so, thats cool, although I admit I love the gals I have gotten to know here, and will miss them. I also like the support and accountability factor. Anyway, off to tackle Bootcamp or something equally terrifying!

:7 Oh, and thanks Leanne,it took me forever to figure out how to do the avatar thing!x( Think I will probably put a George picture up later. :)

Hi everyone. I have a headache today. I swear I'm not sick ALL the time--just the last couple months or so. :p Still, I'm feeling better in general still. Just still sleepy and a headache for some reason.

Not sure what my workout will be today yet, but I'm going to do something--perhaps cardio and yoga. Hopefully I won't end up collapsing in a nap again, instead.

I just bought the South Beach Diet book and am going to try that next. I would rather not "diet" exactly but just eat clean and healthy and smaller portions, but I'm not doing really great at that, so I think some kind of diet will help give me a little jumpstart again.

Tneah, I had also wondered if our check-in was done or if some of us would soldier on (like those of us who haven't melted much--uh, like me). Oh, and sexy avatar, chica. You said yesterday about my joints and getting older--and indeed I think it is age--I am 33, by the way, though it's flattering that you thought I was still in my 20's. ;)

Deb, have fun visiting with your father today. No exciting plans for us this weekend, but my mom flies in on Tuesday afternoon.

Shannon, I'm sorry to hear your calf is acting up. My ankle is actually giving me twinges the last couple days--I'm not sure what the deal is but I hope it's not going to be a problem again.

Shelley, I hope you are feeling less in the dumps today! I hope you can stop by because I love seeing your little limey cat and reading your posts. Go buy yourself some shoes or something. Or come visit me and I'll buy you some shoes.

Robin, sorry to hear about the torn cartilage--that sounds painful. I'm glad there's something they can do for it, though.

Leanne, I am saving my LIS outfit for when I first do that workout in the new year. :) I did get a new barbell set for Christmas, though I'd still like some heavier dumbbells as well.

TK, I like HSChallenge better than HSTA; in fact I'm selling HSTA on Amazon now, but I much prefer doing the high step stuff on a Bosu for the fun bounce factor. I also like HSCircuit on days when I want something a little easier--and it's pretty good on the Bosu.

Must go take ibuprofen for head.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Lainie, I love the word "chica!":7 heehee. Hope your headache goes bye-bye...

Yes, I will continue, its the New Year pretty soon after all, that gets me all hopeful and excited! So count me in. :7

Good Afternoon fellow Melters!

I did not get a chance to get on the board this am with the trip to my father's house. We just got back and DH went off to the Fly Shop where his buddies hang around and talk about fishing. I really want to keep this thread going, even though we did not make our goal. Can we just change the date? I am 11 pounds shy of my goal of losing 30 lbs by Feb 1 for my trip to Mexico in Feb. I started in June and have only lost 19 so far.

Shannon:
Fixing the toilet is really exciting if you were here with my DH.. he is not one of those that likes to do fix it type things around the house so you can imagine when things don;t go right..x( . Would a heating pad work on your cramped muscle?

Shelley:
Sorry to hear you feel down in the dumps.. is it the post holiday let down?

Robin:
At least you now know what is wrong and are on the way to fixing it. Can you still do upper body while you are re-habbing the knee? Seated curls, overhead tricep, shoulder work etc?

Tneah:
Tell me the secret to get my DH focused on his health please! He needs to lose about 30-50 pounds but will not even discuss it. He keeps saying how proud he is of my losing weight and keeping to my workout schedule, but will just ignore me if I start talking about him starting some type of excercise program.. I am worried about him because he has high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and is overweight. :-( . The High Step Circuit is too easy. I have High Step Training Advanced which I will use instead this week. Do you use any of the I-Trains or Cardio Coaches on the treadmill?

Leanne:
We will be the "circuit queens" this week to get rid of this holiday weight! I will be doing 5 cardio sessions and 2 weight sessions to see if it helps.

TK:
I did find a crochet forum that has sections for asking for help with stictches and patterns. I posted the pattern there and asked for help. Hopefully someone will understand it and put it in easier terms for me. Otherwise I am stuck with 1/3 of a tea cosy! x( I really want to see a picture of your bag. Do you use these as your regular purse?

Let's keep the challenge going.. maybe make it 10 pounds by Valentines day, starting over on Jan 1? :7

Have a great day!

Deb

Good afternoon melters. It was a lazy morning but I finally got my butt in gear and did Philip Gray's Step to B Fit followed by Laura Downing's Athletic Step.

Today I'll do a little sewing and if I'm so motivated will do a closet purge too.

Tneah: I just watched Forrest Gump again a couple weeks ago. I love that film. Is there some significance of that film to your anniversary?

Leanne: Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about the promotion. I've worked really hard and it's nice to finally be rewarded for it. I'm a business systems analyst/programmer for a large financial firm (a better word for it is that I'm an IT geek LOL). Have fun with Drill Max!

Lainie: If I knew you were going to try South Beach I would have sent you my book. SB is easy to follow, but it just didn't give me results. However, I do know a lot of people who swear by it.

Deb: Yes, I'd like to continue too. Although my first goal is ten, I wouldn't mind losing a few more beyond that. I'm still pretty far from the bottom of my weight range for my height. Regarding my bag pictures, I'm charging up my ancient digital camera's batteries right now so hopefully will have a picture posted later today. Well I hope you get an answer on the crochet board.

Hi again, all!

Oh, yes! I know I'm the new person to the group, but I'd LOVE to keep it going! Deb's idea of going until February is a great one! Shall we plan for it?

Tonight we're going out to dinner to celebrate my BIL's b-day. (He's out visiting from Wisconsin for a week.) We're heading to Islands restaurant, which is a hamburger place where it seems like everything on the menu has at least 1,000 calories, even my veggie burgers! Sigh! Maybe my Drill Max this morning will be preventative!

Deb and TK -- You two definitely need to post some photos of your projects! I do beading/jewelry making, but would love to learn knitting and crocheting one of these days. I just ordered a necklace kit from a beading teacher I love, and started working on it this morning. I'm a bit nervous, though, since there are 23 (!!) pages of directions. Here's a link to it (sorry, haven't figured out the photo thing yet):

http://www.cynthiarutledge.net/workshops/n-circlet-of-lace.htm

I also did her Chantilly Lace class (http://www.cynthiarutledge.net/workshops/n-chantilly-lace.htm) awhile ago, and made two of them.

Deb -- Don't say that you've "only" lost 19 pounds! That is FANTASTIC!! Did you have a nice time at your dad's? Let's keep going with those circuits this week! I'm also throwing in Imax 2 and 3 (I'm already tired just thinking about it!) to blast some more fat! Do you think that your DH would commit to eating healthier with you, even if he doesn't exercise?

TK -- How exciting about the promotion! Hopefully it doesn't mean extra hours, though! My older brother is an "IT geek," too -- but we're all geeks in some way, right?! My DH and I always tease that the other person is the biggest geek.

Lainie -- Do you have Tom Venuto's _Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle_ e-book? I've been following the guidelines in that, and have gotten great results. It's got a lot of information, but might be a better plan to follow than South Beach, which I've heard is hard to stick with.

Tneah -- Not only do you look awesome in your new avatar, but, like Lainie said, you look hot! But it's too bad we can't see your gorgeous face!

Happy Saturday evening, everyone!

Well, as a melter who didn't melt, I'm all for continuing the check in. I still need to lose some poundage before our trip to the Carribean in March.

tneah, I was at work and totally swamped. I had a few minutes on line before work, but never got a chance to stop by again till now. Thanks to the west coasters for getting us started! I would much prefer a quiet night with a good movie to the craziness of the Vegas strip on NYE. Enjoy!

Lanie, if it isn't one thing, it's another. Hope the headache is better. I know what you mean about needing to tweek your diet. Mine has been terrible since I hurt my knee, but I think I sense a change in the wind. I've been pretty good the last two days.

Deb, only 19 lbs! Sheesh. I'd be happy with a third of that. The ortho doc told me I can use bike riding for cardio, so I have been hitting the road the last couple days. I see it's supposed to get cold next week, so I'll have to clean up my 30 year old stationary bike. I hate that thing. I've started doing an upper body rotation using 4DS and maybe BBC. And I can do modified lower body weight work. Not too bad, really. I just miss my step!!!!

TK, congratulations on the promotion. I hope you enjoy the new responsibilites. Did you post a picture of the bag you are making for your mom? I'm curious.

Leanne, enjoy your dinner out. Do they serve any salads? My SIL is heavy into jewelry making. She made me a lovely earring and necklace with chalcedony (spelling?)

I biked for 30 minutes and then came home and did shoulders from 4DS. I'm getting ready to do the ab work from the same. I suppose I should get started. Here I go. See me moving. Up and at 'em. Ok, now I'm moving. Here I go. Really, Now. NOW.

Yeah! I am so glad we are carrying on, and Deb, I am sooo sorry, I did not realize how far you have come!:7 That is one heck of alot of weight woman, good for you! *whistles* :)

Robin,I have never started this thread so it felt kinda weird, like everyone was lost in cyberspace or something.So glad to see you!

Yeah, I am hiding behind my cap, early morning, without a stitch of makeup is harsh:eek: well, not that bad, but still....;)

Leanne, enjoy your dinner, there is always something you can do. I always ask the waiter to prepare whatever I order without sauce, added fats, do whatever you need to do without feeling too deprived.:)

I did an oldie this AM, the cardio and interval section of the original Body Max, the step was pretty basic which is good, although I felt like my feet were made of leadx( ever have those step workouts where you just cannot seem to get all "light and floaty?" That was me this morning. My thighs felt the same way....:7

TK, there really isn't a story behind our Forrest Gump thing, I wish there was. I think it started on year when we were laying around new years eve wondering what movie to watch, and since we both love FG, we thought, what a great tradition for us every new years eve--then we got married!:7 And have been trying to watch it every new years eve since. Great movie isn't it?

Glad to see you all, talk tomorrow. :7

Hey girls!

Just running in to say quickly that I definitely want to continue until whenever the 10 lbs is gone. And I think I probably gained back all that I lost so I'm starting from scratch. x( I haven't weighed or measured though, because Aunt Flo is here.

No time for personals, but I cleaned my entire house today and then did the cardio from 4DS Bootcamp and the cardio from Drillmax. Yowza!

See y'all later!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.