Melting Away on a Rainy Sunday Nov 25

SRP

Cathlete
Good morning, Melters -

I woke up to rain, and it looks like it's going to be an all day event. Boy do we need it. So my big challenge for the day is to find enough indoor things to keep busy! I suppose I could start dusting baseboards, cleaning all that stuff way up on the top shelf....that should burn a few calories! Doesn't sound all that appealing though.

Last night I was half way to skipping my workout, but I changed my mind and climbed on the elliptical. I set a PR by the way.... for the slowest ride ever - LOL!

Before that, I visited Mom's. Sigh. She wasn't home, but a carrot cake with cream cheese icing was. Okay. I really need to stop that!

I hope everyone has a nice, healthy, low-cal day.

Good morning melters!!

I don't remember when I last posted -- Friday maybe -- but DH and I have been enjoying a quiet weekend. We ate out for breakfast and dinner yesterday but I made decent choices and I've been pretty darn good since Thanksgiving. I did 45 minutes of cardio on Friday and Saturday, and I'm planning to do the Cardio Coach Press Play workout today. I'm starting back up with the 4DS rotation on Monday.

DH and I are planning to see a movie today -- Bella. Has anyone seen it? It won the People's Choice Award at the Toronto International Film Festival. I hope we enjoy it -- there's been such a dearth of good movies lately.

Hi Cuz!! You're welcome to come clean my baseboards -- lol!!! I'm getting new carpet in a couple of weeks and I need clean my baseboards, too...and the high spots I tend to neglect :eek: . You take care of that leg or I'm coming over there! You're going to have to talk to your mom about all this baking -- lol!!

I hope the rest of you melters are having a good weekend. Pardon my lack of personals this morning. I've been purposely staying away from the computer on weekends, and I confess I haven't read yesterdays thread and I have no clue what's going on, but I'm rooting for you just the same. WE CAN DO THIS!!! I'll see you tomorrow :)

Good Morning,

It looks like it is warming up here a little... maybe 35 degrees instead of 25

Today I did the 4DS Kickbox leg/core workout. I had all intentios of doing the weights first pre-mix and then actually doing the whole kickbox afterwards, but when I finished with the leg part, I just skipped over to the core section and did that. I give a lot of credit to those that can do this whole thing, or any of them for that matter!

I am going to a Baptism today and then a brunch. I will have to be really careful on the choices.

Shannon:
I think you better limit the visits to Moms! LOL:D Your soup sounds wonderful. DH made Black Bean this morning in the crockpot for tonights dinner. :9

Michele:
Let us know how that movie is. DH and I looked over the movie selections on Saturday and did not find any that looked good. We don;t see many movies. I like comedys.

TK:
Love the leg presses in 4DS. She does 2 different sets, one with ankle weights!

Lainie:
Hope you rest and start to feel better.. I am not sure if 5 is too young to have a computer. I would think that using one would not be, but actually having their own would.. if that makes sense?

Tneah:
Hope you had a good nap!

Robin:
Not you too!x( Do you think we can catch this by posting?:+

Judy:
Good job on the weight loss!.. not to sound dumb but what does DE mean?

Have a great day !

Deb
;-)

Good morning everyone. Ewan and I stayed home sick today while DH & Isaac went to church. We're still feeling pretty crummy. I think I've got a fever again but I'm too tired to get up to go check. http://bestsmileys.com/sick/5.gif

I might do some yoga later but I'm really trying to rest for the most part.

Tomorrow I'll be tempted to overdo it, since I have a list of Christmas items I want to get (new tree topper since mine is not lighting up properly, stocking holders, new wreath, etc.) I have a bad habit of deciding I want something, then going to get it ASAP even if it's not urgent.

Speaking of buying stuff, today I ordered a couple new Karen Voight CDs--both mainly yoga or stretching since I am doing a lot of that lately, but also with some sculpting involved. I also got one with Chalene Johnson called Bosu Long & Lean which is like yoga on the Bosu, which looked interesting.

Shannon, just say "no" to carrot cakes! (Not that I necessarily could.)

Michele, enjoy your movie. I can't remember when I last saw a movie in a theater--maybe last Thanksgiving....

Deb, yeah, DS is too young for a computer. Maybe I'll just get him a toy laptop or something. He used to have one of those but it broke a while back. Or maybe we should just have a family desktop he could use once in a while instead of my laptop.

Tneah, hope you're feeling better than I am today.

Robin, I hope you aren't getting a nasty illness, too. At least I know I didn't pass it to you via the internet.

Judy, sounds like you are doing well with the eating and losing!

OK, that's enough rambling for now....

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Lainie: I haven't tried ASC2, but will probably snap it up when it shows up at deepdescount or overstock. Except for Cathe's pre-orders, I usually don't buy DVDs from other instructors until it's discounted to 10-12 bucks and free or low shipping. I'm so cheap! BTW, deepdiscount has a 20% off sale right now but it ends today. Coupon code is 'supersale'. Lainie, you've been sick for a while. Do take care of yourself!

Shannon: Step Appeal isn't high on the intensity scale either, but I get so engrossed in learning the choreography I don't even notice the time. I usually pair one half of his workout with a half (or whole) workout of higher intensity. In the end, these choreo sessions get to be 90 minutes or sometimes longer, so I do eventually get the requisite calories burnt off. It just takes longer. ;)

Robin: Oh my, I'm sorry you're not feeling well too. Gauging by our little group there seems to be a lot of it going around right now. I meant to ask you, but what's the significance of the tin foil hat? I've seen several avatars over the last month or so with the same thing.

Deb: Yeah, I just finished my rotation with 4DS. The first time I did kickbox/legs, I cheated and did the 20# press on a 8" step. I was better the rest of the month and did them on the higher step, but I cussed the whole time. I'll do those stinkin' leg presses but I don't have to like 'em! :p

One-L Michele: Enjoy your movie today. Stay away from the popcorn!

Morning melters. I feel even crappier today. Yes, I'm blaming it on other sick posters. I'm sure you can catch viruses through the internet (tee hee). I wasn't even going to post today, just kind of lurk and sniffle, but there are a couple questions I can answer, and I'm not known for keeping my mouth shut.

Deb, Judy's DE stands for Dear Ed, her delightful DH. I had a wonderful visit with them and Ms Shelley almost two years ago. (Where the heck does the time go?) He is a sweetheart, as are Judy and Shelley.

TK, my tinfoil hat came from goofing off on the <--thread. Someone had posted on the open forum a kind of off the wall thing about the evil government following our every move and it evolved into us all donning our tinfoil hats for protection. One L Michele posted a link to a hilarious song about tinfoil hats. Every one in my department decided to make one and now everywhere you look, there is a tinfoil hat falling off a shelf. I think I posted a picture of us all in our hats one day.

I'm heading back to my lurkdom now. Hope you all feel better than me.

Morning. *cough, cough, sniffle, sniffle*x(

Robin, sorry you caught this nasty bug, I finally rested yesterday, as I did not get the chance this past week. I still feel crappy, coughing up all sorts of lovely things. So if you have the chance, rest all you can.
Lainie, you too.

I am outta here now, just feel yuk. Talk to you all tomorrow, I will try and do a workout this AM, as I haven't worked out the past 2 days. But will see. Take care all.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.