:::Melting Away on Friday!:::

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning Melters!

Well it's Friday and the weekend is coming. :7 . Does anyone have any exciting plans? We will be going to see my father ( lives about 60 miles away), as he could not come in to see us Christmas due to weather.

Today I did High Step Circuit, as a cardio workout. This was pretty easy, I did not burn a lot of calories. Next time I will do High Step Circuit-Advanced. I hear there are a lot of leg presses in this one. That really gets your heart rate up!

Shannon:
Be careful and watch out for that remaining fudge..it will chase you down!

Shelley:
Nice to hear you had a good Boxing Day celebration.

Robin:
Let us know what the DR says.

Tneah:
It looks like the 4DS really gave you some extra strength! WAy to Go ;-) . Aren't Cathe's circuit workouts similar to what you described as the Slim series? I think High Step Circuit Advanced is 60 minutes of cardio and light weights. Do you have that one?

Lainie:
I hope you are on the up turn from all the illness you have been experiencing. Have fun with your new Ryka's!

Leanne:
Cudos to you for picking a very hard step workout to get back into the swing with!

TK:
I hear you on the sweet eating and feeling crappy! I am a real sugar addict. When I start, I can;t stop. I think I will have to go on the net to see what the heck they are talking about with the pattern I am supposed to do next on the project.

Have a "Melt Away" day!

Deb :)

Good morning, Melty Ladies -

Well, I never did make it back for personals yesterday, so here we go:

Deb - I don't have any exciting plans for this weekend, but that's the way I like it. The weather is supposed to be sunny and crisp, so the dog and I will probably take some walks! And I really need to fix my darned toilet. Exciting, huh?

Shelley - I hope your day of fruits and veggies got you back on the wagon! I know a lighter day yesterday helped me.

Robin - what time is your ortho appointment? Be sure to fill us in. And I know what you mean about having a hard time staying motivated with doing only weights. But at least it's something. Hang in there.

Tneah - Congrats on building up that muscle endurance! Though from the looks of you in the photos you posted a while back, you've already got more than I could ever dream of!

Lanie - I'm glad you're feeling better, but don't push it too early! Give yourself a little more time to get completely well.

Leanne - Yes, I'm still using just the elliptical - no floor work for cardio yet. It works really well with 4DS. I hope I can do some longer sessions soon. We'll see about that.

TK - I'm not really sure what sort of eating changes I want to make yet. All my thoughts tend towards veganism, but I know that really, I don't want to do that. I need to incorporate more raw veggies and more fruits though, and probably control my fat intake a little better. Easy enough, huh? It's just making myself DO it that's hard!

I guess I jinxed myself last night. I bragged to Mom about how good my calf was doing. On the walk home, it started doing very strange things, and twinging in a very unwelcome, warning way. I stretched twice when I got home, and then started doing PUB. Then as I was bent over doing the double arm rows, I noticed a bulge down below the big part of the calf muscle - it was a hard ridge, like the muscle was cramping up. I tried everything to get it to relax, but I don't think I succeeded. This morning it still aches. I suppose I should call the orthopedist, but I don't know if it would do any good.

Morning all...

Deb - no exciting weekend plans here either. Enjoy your visit with your father.

Shannon - I would call the orthopedist anyway, just to be safe.

I did all right yesterday. Ate a couple of cookies. I'll make my SO take the rest to work today for his staff. I'm feeling a bit down in the dumps today (okay, a LOT down in the dumps) so I won't likely be back, but I wish everyone happy melting.

Hi all, I leave for the Dr in a couple minutes and will report back what he says.

Shannon, I hope it's just a muscle cramp.

Shelley, {{{{more hugs}}}}

Deb, I'm working this weekend, but it should be kind of quiet. I get New Year's Day off without having to use vacation time. Enjoy your family.

Hi to the rest of youse. I'll try to get back later with some dr news and personals.

Hey Everyone:)

Deb, up and worked out!;-) I love it. Yes, I have the High Step Challenge, the only Cathe workout I own that I (shhh don't tell) hate!x( I do not know what it is, maybe its the fake ponytail?:) Who knows, but you are right, that would be comparable to Slim Series which I do not hate, just get so dang bored with I am not sure if I can make myself stick with 4 weeks of it. But I need to do something totally different for next month.

Shannon, sorry bout your stubborn calf, sounds like a "charley=horse" muscle spasm or something? Are you taking some calcium/magnesium supplements? I know magnesium is great for your muscles. I eat a banana every morning.:) I would call your doctor and ask him what could have caused it.

Robin, hope your prognosis is a good one, waiting to hear whats going on with your knee.:)

Shelley,it must be that "after the holidays blahs" huh? I am feeling it too, even though we really didn't celebrate like you all did. Its a let down. (((hugs))) it'll all be better soon.

Well lets see, I did that ##!!*** Leg Blast workout last night. I hated Cathe last night}( that is one evil workout, I know I have said it before but ouch!
DH needs to drop about 15 pounds, so we are working on his weight starting today. Do not have anymore junk laying around, and its time for him to get serious about his health and for me to get serious about making this year the one where I drop a little bodyfat and get my lower half tighter. :) He is so cute, he gets on his scale every morning and gets so frustrated with the 1-2 pound flucuations that occur. I convinced him to pick one day each week for a weigh-in. See?
The boys are just like we are when it comes to losing weight.

Ok, will be back later gators....

The doctor thinks I tore some cartilage in my knee. I have an MRI scheduled for next Friday and another appointment with the doc a week after that. If it is torn, they will do same day surgery to remove the torn part, then after some rehab (2,4 6 weeks? the doc said it varies) I should as good as new. Until then, bike or elliptical for cardio. I don't have acess to an elliptical, so guess I have to drag my very old, very loud, very boring execise bike out of the basement. I'll bike outside on days when the weather permits. I'm going to try to hit the road today. Sigh. At least it's fixable.

Hey Robin - I'm very glad it sounds fixable! But isn't this a major Pain in the A**??? I hope you continue to have good weather so you can bike outside. Hang in there.

I called my orthopedist about the muscle cramps. He said to continue with my stretches, and make sure I don't do any hills when I'm walking. No biggie there.

But it's continued to cramp several times today, and I've been stretching like crazy.

Hi everyone. Busy busy day here--cleaning, laundry, groceries, coloring my hair, blah blah blah. My pesky ankle is sore, my knee is doing some major snap, crackle & pop noises, and I have a headache, so it's going to be a rest day, though I plan to do a yoga or Stretch Max workout later. Health-wise I'm similar to yesterday--still snotty but not coughing at least. Yesterday I did manage a good workout--I did HSC, incorporating my Bosu as much as possible (unlike Tneah, I don't hate it, but I wasn't much loving HSC yesterday). It wore me out but it felt good to get up and do something again.

Hope to BBL for personals, but for now I have some more housework to get done.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Hey, popping in to tell Robin I am glad she got a diagnosis...I wondered if was something like that. Just know that you will be back in saddle very soon, especially now that they are going to fix it:)

I love your new avatar Lainie, it looks so artsty!:) Sorry to hear about your joint stuff too.:-( Ahh, the joys of getting older I guess, but you are like late 20's right? Lucky girl.

I alternated jogging and walking-intervals on my treadmill for 45 minutes even though I am not supposed to jog at all. So I haven't jogged in years since my hip thing, and let me tell ya, whew.:eek: I had forgotten how wonderful you feel afterwards and how difficult it is at first! Now my own knee hurts, but strangely, my new hip is fine!:) Whatta gonna do right?;)

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late check-in! I've been cleaning house and doing laundry all day. I did manage to sneak in a workout -- Imax 2 and Core Max 1. I was supposed to do Amy B's kickbox today, but I really needed Cathe to get me going!:) I'm also pretty down because I put on 1.5 pounds this week. Sigh. But my body fat is the same, which supposedly means that I put on lean muscle. Right now it sure doesn't feel that way; it feels more like I put on some chubby fat. Ah, well!

Deb -- How nice that you'll be able to visit your dad this weekend! My family all lives here in San Diego, but my DH's family is in Wisconsin, so it's hard for him around the holidays. Will you exchange gifts when you see him? That's fantastic that you only gained a 1/2 pound! Like you, I'll be doing some circuits this week to try to burn off some flab.

Lainie -- I'm glad you're feeling a little better! Did you wear your new Cathe clothes or are you saving them for when you do that workout from the 4DS? And did you get that new dumbbell set for Christmas?

TK -- You know, I didn't end up doing Christi's DVD the other day. My brain was feeling tired, so I ended up doing a Cathe step DVD instead so I wouldn't have to think too much! But I am going to try her workouts soon! I really am excited to do them, but feel like I need to be less groggy to do so! That's great, too, that your BIL and his wife feel the same way as you do about the nasty cousins. Sometimes it's nice to know that you're not imagining things in relationships.

Robin -- I'm so sorry to hear about your torn cartilage! Hopefully it won't come down to having to have surgery. The biking could be fun if you have some fun music or workout program to listen to!

Tneah -- You go, girl, with that Leg Blast workout! Good luck, too, with getting the DH motivated to lose some weight. Sometimes it's nice to do it together! I'm trying to get my DH to eat healthier, but he hasn't been working out as much because of some back problems and a cold before that, so it's been hard to get him to eat better.

Shannon -- How terrible that the cramps are continuing, even with the stretching! Can you ask the Dr. again for anything new to do for the pain? Hopefully your comment to your mom didn't jinx it for good!

Shelley -- Sorry that you're down today! Is it that post-holiday dreariness?

Happy melting, everyone!

Hi melters. I'm late checking in. I've been the only analyst in the office all week so work has been ultra-chaotic. I'm not complaining because the boss finally got me promoted to VP, so I'll have to be nice to him for maybe a couple months LOL.

Anyway, this morning was GS BSB. I felt a little weak this morning so I guess I'm still not back to 100% from bad eating on Christmas!

Deb: For your crocheting pattern problem, I was going to suggest that you google 'crochet'. When I get stuck with knitting patterns I have found several sites that have really good 'how to' sections with pictures on many of the different stitches and techniques. I'm sure you'll find the same for crochet. BTW, I still have to take a picture of the bag I made. Funny story, my mother saw the bag and now she wants one. I went to the fabric store tonight for more supplies so I'll be starting another bag this weekend.

Shannon: You need to run to your local spa and get a good professional massage on that calf. They've worked out many a knot in my back and shoulders. If I could justify the expense, I'd go all the time.

Tneah: You're not alone. I'm not a big fan of High Step Challenge either. I've given it 2 or three tries and I think it's ready for the eBay pile. Oh and about DH's and scales: the thing is that they cut out a couple soft drinks and in a week and they lose 5 pounds. It's totally not fair how easy they lose weight!

Robin: I think you have a real good excuse to go shopping for an elliptical. I'm glad you went to have the knee looked at. Sounds like with the MRI they'll finally get to the bottom of it.

Lainie: I haven't tried HSC on Bosu. That's an idea. Maybe HSC won't go on the eBay pile after all. As it is, it just doesn't get my heartrate up high enough. In my opinion, Bosu is more strenuous than using the step or high step.

Leanne: You were brave to stand on the scale so close to Christmas. For sure that 1.5 will disappear next week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.