++Melters ++TGIF!++

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Today I did a 40 minute I-Tread. I slept 7 wonderful hours with no dogs waking me up! DH took them both on a long walk right before bed and it did the trick!

YES YES YES! I am doing the pre-sale..I can't wait for these workouts! I am trying to read all the posts in the Ask Cathe forum to make sure I understand all the info..it looks like no cardio, under an hour each !

My weight is up 3 pounds! What's up with that? x(..I'm hoping its temporary water weight!

Robin:
I am with you on the people who complain because they are a size 6! I havn't been that size since I was 10! Did you get a chance to look at the clean Eating mag?

Shelley:
sounds like those morning runs are doing the trick! I just got Absolute Kickboxing, have not tried it yet. I want to do the one where she supposedly alternates between kickboxing and those drills with the stick?

Shannon:
I love chickpeas in salads, just never ate them alone out of the can!

Leanne:
I hope you were able to go to lunch with your friend. I too have been eating like no tomorrow and it seems to have made me gain.

Emily:
Thanks for the link. I will have to try those bars.

Michele:
Good for you for sticking to your guns on the computer choice..it has to make YOU happy!

Tneah:
what do you do commercials for? Love the paintings I see here..I will have to go check out that link!

Lainie:
We have a Starbucks in one of our Targets too.. love walking around with a skinny mocha while shopping!

Stephanie:
Good for you for only eating one donut hole! They are so tempting and it feels like you haven't really had a donut... only if I start on them I can eat a dozen. x(

TK:
Good job on the "melting"!

Have a great day!

Deb ;-)

Good morning Deb and other to follow. No I still haven't gotten very far in the magazine. DD found a recipe for Creamy Mushrooms and Penne we are going to try tonight. I'm sure the 3 pounds is water. Or muscle.

I weighed in this morning and haven't lost or gained, but since that is kind of my goal now, I guess I'm happy. I have been very good about my food intake for the last couple days.

I'm one of the naysayers for the new series, as much as I detest saying that. I just don't have the money, and really don't need or want that kind of weight training at this point in my life. I also don't like the idea of buying and storing more equipment to do the workouts properly. I hate, hate, hate not being part of the presale hysteria and will hate, hate, hate it even more when everyone starts recieving their DVDs, but I have to use common sense here. Dang!

I go to the doctor this morning at 11. I'll try to get back after that with any news and some personals.

Morning gals!

I got up early AGAIN and did 4DS KB and BC cardio. So much fun!

Deb - I'm sure the 3 lbs is water too. You don't gain 3 lbs just like that:p

Robin - good luck at the doctor. Let us know what he says (like you wouldn't:p).

Lainie - if you're serious about passing on your scrapbooking stuff, I'd be thrilled to take it off your hands!!! I'm a relatively new scrapper and just starting to build up a collection of "stuff", but still at the stage where when I'm doing a layout, I'm often hard-pressed to find exactly what I want in my "stash":p

Okay, gotta run. Feed the dogs, get the monster up, etc. etc. I'll bbl though!

Oh, and I weighed in this morning and seem to have gained back a pound of the five I lost, which isn't too bad, considering my eating has been the pits this week.

Hi Melters-

It has been a long sleepless week. I put details on Cheetah thread.

My food choices have been good. And I did buy the Superfoods Rx Diet book . It is helpful so far, but most of what I am reading is nothing new. just a great reminder... (But I tend to read a bit about nutrition anyway.)

Robin- I am not sold on STS either, Part of the reason is that I just bought a BOSU and the Resolutions package from iTrain.

OK I am so behind in life, I gotta run friends :) Have a positive Friday.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Happy Friday, Melters!

Well, I'm joining the naysayer crowd on STS. It sounds really cool, but I just don't think I'd make effective use of it. It would be fun to push myself that hard, but considering all my recent issues (wrist, arm, calf...), I imagine that lifting more would just land me at the doctor's office again.

The way I understand it, STS will work each body part once a week, using a three-day split method. Each mesocycle will break up the body parts a little differently, but you're still hitting each one once. So you have three days left for cardio of your choice and one for rest.

Last night good old Aunt Flo pushed me over the edge. I was just plain tuckered out. So, I took my rest day and after dinner, had some quality time with the peanut butter jar. :9 We won't count fat grams or calories this time!!!

Deb - I guess DH will be getting his nightly exercise from now on! I sure am glad you got to sleep!

Robin - I agree with you about using common sense on the STS series. That's how I feel too.

Shelley - I'm glad you're having fun with the morning workouts!

Later, gals. I hope I'll have a bit more time to play instead of work today. Ha!

Hiya Melters!
Happy Friday!!! I didn't eat very clean last night (pasta, bread, salad, oh my). But I DID do a great workout and am feeling energized for it. I did the Bodymax2 cardio and weights premix. Today is a new day and I plan on making the most of it and EAT CLEAN.

Deb--way to go on the iTread workout! I'd love to be a runner. I've tried to get my husband to train me. He's a great runner, but he just kind of laughs about it. I think he thinks it's nuts that I need someone to teach me how to run. Oh well.

Robin--Hope your doc visit goes well. I'm also not looking to add to my equipment, though a barbell and 15 pound dumbells would be nice. I think I'll not do the STS thing for now either (but I know I"ll waffle).

Shelley--Congrats on a good workout. I bet that pound is just water weight. I'd LOVE to lose five pounds. Congrats on that too!!

Judy--I hope you have a nice restful weekend to make up for the sleepless week!

Shannon-- Sorry to hear your Aunt Flo is here. Hope she leaves soon. Mine has been here off and on for 10 days!!! Ugh. I'm on the verge of calling the doc. (was that TMI?)

Lainee--How are you? Are you feeling better?

OK I'm SOOOOO late!!!!! See you gals later!! Have a fantabulous Friday!!

Happy Friday, all!

Well, I'm feeling a bit depressed. I just did my weekly weigh-in, and I've put on a pound. I did actually drop some body fat, which means that I must have put on a little lean mass (right?!), but I still hate it when the scale creeps up. I knew it would happen this week, though, since those 4DS workouts have made me ravenous. I feel like I've been eating everything in sight!!

I'm so excited, too, about the pre-sale tomorrow! All of the equipment made me nervous at first since I don't have room to buy a squat rack, etc., but SNM answered another post where they said that the workouts will be designed so that you don't really need to have all that extra stuff. I've been really enjoying weight lifting the last few months, so this is a dream for me!

I had lunch yesterday with my friend and her new baby, and another friend was also able to join us. It was so much fun! I was also really good and asked if I could sub some fresh fruit for the French fries that came with my sandwich. I don't really eat junk food, (except for sweets), but French fries are my weakness. Sigh!

Deb -- How great that you got to sleep in! That nightly walk must have done the trick!

TK-- Congrats on the melting!! Looser pants are always a good feeling, aren't they?

Judy -- Hope you get some better sleep soon!

Shannon -- Hey, remember that PB has *good* fat in it, right?!

Stephanie -- That BM2 premix sounds like fun! I'll have to try it. I tend to just stick with regular workouts, and need to play with the premixes more.

Shelley -- That double cardio premix sounds like fun! I'll have to try it sometime soon! We're in the same boat with that lousy eating!

Robin -- I got my preview issue of the new mag yesterday, so I'll be looking at it over the weekend. That penne recipe sounds delicious! Good for you for holding steady! Keep us posted, too, on how the Dr. appt. goes.

Lainie -- I'm glad you enjoyed your muffin and coffee! Don't be too hard on yourself! Don't worry about emailing me; just get back to me when you can. Do you think that you'll feel up to trying the 4DS rotation on Monday? Will you still be doing the pre-sale tomorrow? Is Brian OK with it?

Stephanie -- Wow! That's great that you had only one donut hole! I have no self-control when it comes to sweets.

Tneah -- Your paintings are absolutely gorgeous!! I can't believe that you haven't had any formal training. And is the Mrs. Jones sculpture something that you taught yourself to do, too? They're seriously just beautiful and interesting!! Let me know how you like that Monica Brandt book! Is it about nutrition or lifting or both? And you definitely don't need another surgery to lose weight. You look fantastic!

Hey Guys!:) Yeah its Friday!

Robin, waiting to hear from your doctor. Hope its good news. I totally understand about the STS, I didn't hop on the new P90X bandwagon and glad I did not too, I just don't use them that much to justify buying new workouts. The STS requires a squat rack is that right? Have no room for that, so would have to do the leg workout at the gym. Considering P90X is I believe 150 dollars and Cathe's is 199.00, hers is a better deal overall, but I already own 39 of her workouts now!:eek: I might wait, but knowing me, I will do it just to "complete" my Cathe collection.

Deb, glad to hear you got some much needed sleep! Sleep is so underrated, and so good for your soul.:)

Shelley, you amaze with your runs. Wish I could run like that again, its just not gonna happen though. If you didn't read my last post yesterday, thanks for the compliment. I painted that one for my DH, he liked the "weirdness" of it. My offer still stands for you or anyone, you like something let me know and if its not hanging on our walls, its yours.:) I paint alot, and add more stuff all the time.

Lainie, hope to hear good news about your bloodwork today? PM me, and of course I will send it.

Stephanie, don't sweat last night, because today is another chance to do better.:)

Leanne, I used a torso mannequin and plaster amoung other materials to "sculpt" the shape. It must weigh 100 pounds! I just picked it up one day, my DH and I love art, and with his confidence in me, I started and haven't quit since. We collect art, some of our favorites include Jim Dine,Donald Sultan, Johanne Corno (she does these amazing faces and bodies, where I get my inspiration) We also collect some Chinese artists, we go to a gallery in NYC called "Opera Gallery". Although we have literally run out of room in the house, no more artwork.

Hi to all that follow, be back for more "chatting" today.
I read Monica Brants "Secrets to staying fit and loving life" and it motivated me all over again. She is a former fitness competitor built like a "brickhouse". This is the book you wish Cathe would write, its all about her career, and lots of great recipes, training routines and sample diet plans,including what she actually eats everyday which is really cool. She even autographs the book for you. Here is the link if you are interested:www.monicabrant.com Its better than Tosca Renos' book which I didn't care for. Monica's personality really shines through which is nice. Anyway, talk you later gators!

Okay, I'm back with a bit more time!

Deb - I haven't tried that premix on Absolute KB yet, but I want to.

Robin - I saw the update on your knee. Sounds pretty simple to fix but I'm sorry you don't get those four weeks off!

Judy - you HAVE had an awful week! I hope it gets better!

Shannon - you know, the PB jar ALWAYS helps with Aunt Flo, doesn't it?

Stephanie - I'm crossing my fingers that your mother doesn't bring any more donuts to your house and that you can stick with that clean eating.

Tneah - I did see your comments. I'm not surprised your DH loves that picture. I love the colours in it - red and black and kind of muddy.

Leanne - don't worry about that pound. I'm sure it will come off soon enough. Let's make a pact to quit the crappy eating, okay?

My boss hasn't come in yet, but he phoned to say he'd be in around 1, so that means no leaving early today for me, which we sometimes get to do on Fridays. Oh well.

Just flying in to say "hello" but I need to get up and work out while I have the inclination. Some kind of stepping today--going to try an old one from Cardio Hits, I think.

I still have a sore throat but it's not as bad as it was last weekend when I felt totally miserable and exhausted. I'm not sure when those blood test results will come in.

I'll BBL for personals.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans." [/font]

Happy Friday, Melters!

I'm not melting. Which would mean I'm freezing. :p My weight is up a bit. I blame work. I have come to the conclusion that work is hazardous to my health, and therefore I just shouldn't go anymore. ;) I'm just going to keep focusing on healthy eating and keep doing the January rotation, and hopefully I'll see the scale start to drop again.

Deb, how nice that you got all that uninterrupted sleep! :D

Robin, I'm feeling the same way you are about the STS workouts. It's just not my cup o' tea, but I feel bad for not wanting them, and I know I'm going to feel pangs of jealousy when everyone is preordering them and when people start getting them. Oh well. I just know I have better uses for $200 right now.

Shelley, that cardio workout is so great, isn't it? I sweat just thinking about it. ;)

Lainie, *ahem*, did I read Shelley's post right? You've got some scrapbooking stuff to get rid of??? I'd be happy to take it off your hands too! :D

Judy, sorry you have been having a rough week. (((Hugs)))

Shannon.... mmmmm.... peanut butter.... *drools* ;)

Stephanie, way to go with your workout and your new attitude for a new day! :D

Tneah, that book sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out!

Leanne, you're in the same boat I am - up one pound. Sucks, don't it? Let's try not to worry too much - I think it's normal to have ups and downs. As long as there are more downs than ups, it will all work out in the end. :)

Hi everyone--forgot to mention--I'm down 0.6 this week, which means I'm only about 1 lb up from where I started with this check-in (if I remember correctly where I started). :p

Today I did the first 3 combos of Cardio Step Express with Gay Gasper--had to kind of drag myself though it, though.

Deb, it's gotta be water weight--have you been eating something salty or something?

Robin, saw your message on the OD forum--sucks to have surgery but it's great that it's something they can fix. good luck!

Shelley, I am serious about the scrapbooking stuff--it's already packaged and ready to go. :) I will probably send it out Monday or Tuesday.

Judy, I hope you get to catch up on your sleep debt soon. Rest when you can!

Shannon, ah, peanut butter. Aunt Flo can send me to the arms of pb as well. (Arms of pb? there's a weird image.)

Stephanie, I'm feeling at least a little better--thanks for asking!

Tneah, thanks so much for the painting--it looks so cool. I don't know when I'll hear about the bloodwork. No news is good news, I guess.

Leanne, yeah, I plan to start the 4DS rotation on Monday (unless I have another terrible weekend or something, but so far I feel a bit better). I also plan to do the presale first thing tomorrow. Brian will get used to it. ;)

Emily, well, I've already packaged up the scrapbooking stuff for Shelley, but I may have more lurking around. If so, I'll let you know and send it your way. :)

OK, gotta go take a nice hot shower now.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hiya Melter's!

Well Holy Crapoli, I've been one sick puppy today. I've got some intestinal problem that started during the night and is still going strong -- UGH! -- and sorry if that's TMI :eek: . I'm feeling totally wiped out ;( . Thank goodness this is a rest day. I'm down a pound but I'm not sure how accurate that is in view of my *AHEM* problem ;(

I'm excited about STS and I fully intend to take advantage of the pre-sale! I mean, 37 DVD's and nary a cardio workout!! How could I NOT pre-order this!? It's like a dream come true for me :p . But more to the point, my body responds best to weight training. I can do cardio all day long but it's the strength training that really makes a difference in my appearance. I can drop pounds with cardio but I still look flabby and mushy. It's the weight training that whittles my waist, firms up those bat wings, and lifts my big fat arse!

Deb - WOO HOO!! How wonderful that you managed to get 7 hours of sleep! Does your DH plan to walk the dogs every night before bed now?

Robin - I saw your post in the OD -- I'm so sorry you need surgery, but thank God it's a relatively easy procedure and one with a very good prognosis! What is this magazine everyone is talking about? I feel like I'm missing some key piece of information here or something - lol!

Shelley - Congrats and ^^^5's on your early morning workout! I bow to anyone who can get up early and do the 4DS Bootcamp :eek: . I have a feeling your 1# gain is a false reading.

Judy - Congrats and ^^^5's on your good eating! I'm heading over the the Cheetah thread to read your post as soon as I finish here, but I hope all is well with you. A week of sleepless nights does not sound good!

Cuz - That mean old Aunt Flo -- she's always showing up uninvited! I hate her :p . Attacking the PB jar ain't so bad. I had PB toast for breakfast this morning:9 . Did my Eli reply make sense?

Stephanie - I'm sending some clean eating vibes your way, but frankly, your dinner menu didn't sound too bad to me!

tneah - Wow! Your art work is amazing and you are tremendously talented! You should show your work in a gallery! I'm quite serious. Thanks for the heads up about Monica Brant's book -- I've put it on my Amazon wish list. As for the squat rack -- I didn't get the impression that you need one. My understanding is that they are adding an extra MP3 workout for those who want to work legs at the gym, but those of us who don't have access to a rack will still get a great leg workout.

Leanne - Don't let one pound get you down. I'm sure it's muscle, especisly if you've been doing the 4DS. And yes, heavy lifting increases my appetite, but I think you need more calories to support that kind of effort. I'm so glad to see that someone else shares my excitement about STS! I plan to pre-order first thing in the morning!

Lainie - I'm so glad you're feeling a little more energetic today. When will you get your lab results? My fingers and toes are crossed that they will find the cause for ails you.

Evily - D@mn your job! D@mn it to hell -- LMAO!! I have no doubt that if you stay on track with the January rotation the scale will move in the other direction.

TK - WOO HOO and ^^^5's on your baggy pants! I'm so jealous! And your dog is adorable, by the way!

Alrighty, I hope I haven't missed anyone. I'm going to veg out on the couch and watch a little TV. I'll see y'all tomorrow -- after I return the laptop and pick up my new iMac:D

Just checking in one last time before the weekend. I finally did Muscle Endurance. YEY!

We're probably going to spend the night tomorrow with my parents, so I won't be posting until Sunday night or Monday. Have a great weekend, guys!!

I also wanted to thank you guys for all of the support/inspiration. Since posting here this past week, I've done so much better (a few oops on the diet, but workouts have been pretty consistent). I appreciate you guys SO much!!!

Wish me luck tomorrow night. I'm going on a date with DH. I know I'll not be clean drinking :). Wine with the parents and a much anticipated cosmo with dinner. Luckily I'll be eating at a restaurant I don't really care for, so hopefully I won't splurge too much. Just hope my mom (aka the donut lady) doesn't have a big birthday cake for me. THAT would be a challenge!!!

Hugs to all!

Oh its your birthday Stephanie? Happy Birthday!! Enjoy.:)

I just wanted to tell all you gainers and losers this week-yeah way to go, and for the gainers? I have personally gained and lost the same friggin pound all week long, so I guess I am on both sides! Don't sweat it, bet your down those three by the end of next week Deb, and Leanne, you are lifting hard and will retain water-you know how your legs "swell" after a hard workout? Your whole body is doing that now, just wait and things will even out. Our bodies are pretty wise little machines.;)

Hope you check out Monica Brants site, I am her new "cheerleader'. She really was hot back in the 90's when I competed so I have always admired her. Plus I love the details about what she eats, her exercise routines and the recipes, I even have an extra book if someone is interested? I could mail it to you. She accidentally sent me two, I didn't have the heart to send it back, I want to be supportive you know?:) Anyway.

DH and I booked a room at the Palazzo for tomorrow night, a belated anniversary celebration--he is feeling crappy though, has the sweats and chills, and is congested again-sounds like the flu trying to take hold, so we may have to cancel!:-( Well, guess I'll have to save the thigh-highs and blonde wig for another night.}( TMI, TMI, TMI:7 I'm a weirdo, but like to remind my hubby "one" of the reasons he chose to make me his wife!;) Hey, after 8 years you gotta start pulling out all the stops!:7

Tneah, I'm sending healing vibes your DH's way. I sure hope he's in the pink by tomorrow. I'd hate for anything to get in the way of your anniversary plans, and I'm quite sure your DH wouldn't want to miss out on the thigh highs and blond wig }( :7

Stephanie, I hope your birthday is special in every way!

G'night all. I may not be back on the boards again until Monday so I hope you have a wonderful weekend!:*

Good evening melters! This morning was 4DS Bootcamp. For the drills where I had to put marks on the floor, I found that remote controls work really well!

Today the boss told me to take off early, so I went shopping. Finally I bought a set of 12# and 25# dumbbells and got two 10# plates for the barbell. Up till now I'd been using platemates to make up the difference with the dumbbells and or the 4DS segment that used the 63 # barbell, I'd only used 45#. Funny that when I pushed my cart full of 94 pounds of weights, the guy asks me 'do you guys have a Dick's Sporting Goods Card' or whatever. I was obviously by myself. I guess he assumed 'the man' who would be using the weights was wandering somewhere else in the store. x(

Also, I posted more sewing pics to my picturetrail including my Mom's Red Hat bag.

http://www.picturetrail.com/truton

Deb: That's amazing what a long walk will do. And hey, and it's good for the husband too.

Robin: I read your post about your knee. That's great that they'll be able to do it so soon and without a large chunk of down time.

Shelley: I gotta try the 4DS KB and BC cardio together. Sounds like a sweatfest. This weekend I'll be trying out Absolute Kickboxing for the first time.

Shannon: PB is good fat, though! I assume you use the natural PB. DH loves the natural PB since I turned him onto it. We'll never go back.

Leanne: If memory serves right I remember seeing many posts from people who gained weight in the first one or two weeks of 4DS rotation, apparently from the muscles retaining water. Do you think that's where the pound came from?

Lainie: LOL about flying STS under your accountant husband's radar. Also, Cardio Hits was my very first Cathe DVD. Powermax is my fave.

Michele: Hope you feel better! I'll be with you on the STS too. Although I am a cardio lover, it is the weights that makes all the difference!

Stephanie: Is it your birthday??? Have fun on your 'date'. A Cosmo is one of my faves too. If the food isn't too good at that restaurant, have two Cosmos instead! }(

TK, I LOVE the jackets!! They are so cute! And the quilts *GASP*. I adore quilts and I have 3 or 4 that I bought. I don't think I would have the patience to actually stitch one, but I sure admire them and marvel at the skill it takes to sew them. The purses are really cute, too. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.