Melters! Snowy Weekend!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

I just wanted to start the thread today... will be back later for personals.. DH is outside snowblowing. We had about a foot of snow. I had to shovel a path from the back door for Kelsey to be able to go out and do her business.. it was over her head! It's still snowing here.. I bet Shelly is out doing the same thing..

TTYL

Deb

Good Morning,

WOW. Deb, you guys are sooo sick of the snow, I know you are. Sorry to hear about more of the white stuff. Spring is right around the corner, so hang in there!:) Hope you have a nice, quiet weekend.

We are getting up and ready to drive to San Diego, its about a 6 hour drive...:-( icky. But DH loves to drive and clear his head, and I use the time to read, I do worry about Georgie, he gets pretty stressed, as in, he pants and never sleeps the whole time, I know its hard on his legs to sit that long. But whatta you going to do? I have tried slipping him some doggy relaxants but they seem to make him even more anxious.

I brought my own dang scale this time, only because I have a check in this coming Friday with Mr. Trainer man and we all know what happened the last time I used a scale that wasn't my usual one=total breakdown!:) I only have about 4 more weeks on this program...so far, I have lost a total of 7 pounds--all bodyfat though which is terrific. Yeah for me. Boy, is losing bodyfat tough, when I think about how much work I have put into this, I wanna go back to bed and sleep.Sometimes I wish I was born the "ecto" body type, naturally wiry and thin...imagine not having to work at staying lean, wow. Oh well, am grateful for my healthy, strong, German field worker body!heehee

We supposedly have good internet connections now at the boat, so maybe I will check back later on tonight and see how everyone is....have a great Saturday guys!:D :)

Hey girls!

Yup, I've been shoveling. Once last night and then twice already this morning. I'm trying to keep on top of it so it's not horrendous once it stops (if it ever stops). I had to run out this morning before it got too bad to pick some things up and man, it's brutal out there. My SO works at the mall, and of course they're open because God forbid they should close and lose those $4 they're going to make today. Yeesh.

Tneah - drive safe!

Hi everyone. Just wanted to hop on and say "hi". Today is my free day with BFL so I'm taking it easy and hanging around the house. It's just a blah, rainy day here. DH has been in a bit of a grumpy mood, and I'm not sure why. He tends to sort of grouch around and pout and I have to drag the problem out of him. He seems a little better now than when he got up, so maybe I won't have to work too hard.

Right now I need to go take a long shower (I rarely get to really enjoy my showers during the weeks because of kids banging on the door and stuff.

BBL for personals and stuff.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

Morning melters.

Shelley and Deb, sorry about the additional snow. So far, we've just had rain. It's such a strange storm, with snow to the south and north, but rain here. We even had thunder and lightening this morning.

tneah, have a safe drive and good luck with Mr Trainerman. I think you have done great. Doesn't time fly? The last 4 weeks will be over in no time.

Lainie, good luck finding out what's bothering your DH. Luckily, my DH is a pretty happy-go-lucky guy and when he's down, he's not shy about sharing. I wish I could be an non-moody as he is.

I didn't do a workout yesterday. My leg was bothering me all day. Not just my knee, but my calf and thigh too. DOMS maybe from all the work I gave my legs this week? I was pretty bummed, but a day of rest seems to have helped. I'm just going to take it easy this week with a couple bike workouts and some light lifting. The week in St John will be sort of a rest. The only workouts I'll get is hiking and snorkeling. Hopefully I'll be ready to take on more of a challenge when I get home.

Hi to Leanne, Shannon, TK, and any other melters who show up later. Have a nice Saturday.

OK, I'm back. Quiet day around here, eh? I'm sleepy again--don't know why it's been such a sleepy week--maybe it's the rain.

My quads are KILLING me today after yesterday's lower body workout. I guess that's what happens when the only lower body work you do for months is physical therapy. OUCH. The good news is my knees feel o.k.--though maybe that's just because the pain in my quads is so overwhelming that I don't notice any other pain. Good thing it's a rest day.

Deb, yikes--glad we don't get so much snow down here in southern NY. Good thing you have a snowblower.

Tneah, are you going to use the scale on the boat? ;)

Shelley, has the snow stopped yet? Hope you get a break from the shoveling. Down here it's just a ton of rain--luckily not flooding the basement this time (knock on wood).

Robin, I think I am probably the ideal wife for my DH. He is a lot like my stepdad as far as clamming up when he gets upset and I know just how to finagle it out of him and then cheer him up again--it just takes a bit of time and effort and some days I don't feel like it, so I let him go an extra day grumpy. I'm more the type to blow up in a hurry and then just get over it. Unfortunately if I blow up at him he doesn't get over it so quickly--that's not the case this time, though. Sorry about the leg pain--probably just DOMS and you'll be stronger soon.

Hello to all (if anyone) who follow).

Happy Sunday!

Good morning from sunny San Diego everyone. Despite us having our own internet deal, my Mac still is being testy, I can only log on once in awhile, think I will switch to PC while in SD, its too frustrating!

The drive was fine, long, but then all of a sudden you are there.
I look forward to working out in mt little well-equipped gym this week.
Uh, Capt. Morgan is up to his old antics, stuff he was supposed to "fix" while we were away still is not fixed, etc...we are serious about finding a new captain now, even though its a tight knit community here. We will be known as the ones who fired their captain,but sheesh, at his salary, our boat should be running like a dream. I think he is generally just lazy and doesn't really care, even though he is a very nice man.

How's everyone holding up with the cold weather? I am flipping around in flip flops and almost broke my neck yesterday tripping! I swear i can walk in 4 inchers better than I can in those flip flops-a true "boat person" aren't I?

We got fantastic sleep last night, something about being on the water I guess, and I tried to take pictures of our night heron who visits every evening to show Robin, the pics didn't turn out though.

OK, BBL to see what everyone is up to. And Lainie, I will not be weighing myself on the boat, I brought my scale from home and will take it up to the bathroom in the hotel to weigh myself on Thursday when I have to send my pics and stuff to Mr. Trainer man, other than that? Forget about it.:7

Morning, everyone!

What a groggy morning after losing that hour of sleep!

Sorry that I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday! I'm not sure if you saw my post from Friday afternoon, but I went up to Los Angeles yesterday to take a soldering/bracelet class. It was a lot of fun and I got to use a jeweler's saw for the first time, but, boy, is silver expensive right now! Then I got back, changed really quickly, and we headed out to the theatre and saw a wonderful musical.

Today I'll be doing Leaner Legs and also some upper body work. It's my fourth week of that arms rotation, and I think that this will be it for me. I think that Friday I'm going to head back to doing some Gym Styles for awhile.

Deb -- Sorry that all that snow is so bad! How are you feeling this weekend? I hope you've been taking it easy!

Shelley -- Sorry to hear that you're getting buried with all that snow, too! Was Sophie able to get to her classes yesterday?

Lainie -- How are your quads feeling? Glad that the snow has left you for awhile!

Robin -- Is your leg any better today? It really may be from working out too hard this week, along with being back on your feet so much at work. When are you leaving for St. John? I hope you and DH have a wonderful time!

Tneah -- Hope your drive out to San Diego went smoothly! How exciting that you're down to the final four weeks! It'll just fly by! Let us know what Mr. Trainer Man says when you meet with him. Edited: Looks like we were posting again at the same time! Glad you made it to SD safely! Isn't it a gorgeous day today?

Hi to TK and Emily if you stop by! Gotta go start some grading! Ug!

I'm sleepy again today, but it's my own fault. I stayed up late and then realized that it was the time change night. Oops. So I was in bed after 1 am.

Yesterday was my rest day so today is HIIT. My quads are still killing me from Friday's workout, though, so I'm trying to figure out the best way to get that cardio in. I'm thinking either a Low Max premix or the cardio from 4DS HIS.

A nice sunny day here, but the wind is really awful. Ugh. It would be gorgeous out there if it weren't for that biting cold harsh wind.

Tneah, enjoy the sunshine in SD!

Leanne, quads are still killing me. Good luck with your own leg workout today. }(

BBL.

Good Afternoon all and Happy Sunday!

Today I finally got up enough energy to do 4DS weight work, and some of the core. I hope to beat this cold to death! I will get up tomorrow and do an I-Train, maybe that will push the dang thing out of my system.

Tneah:
Good to hear your trip was quick and uneventful! Too bad about the internet annoyance. How did Georgie do on the ride? Where is your gym?

Lainie:
I love the BFL style of workout. The pyramid work is very effective. I used to crank up the disco music and go to town with it. !

Leanne:
That bracelet class sounds interesting...can you post a pic of it?

Shelly:
Where are you? under a snow bank I am sure if you had the weekend we had here!

Have a great day!

Deb

Happy Sunday, Melters.

Leanne, my leg feels much better today. I think I must of overworked my calf muscle. I'm going to go easy this week with some upper body weight work and cardio on the bike. We leave early Friday morning for St John. The only exercise I'll get there is some hiking and snorkeling, so my leg/knee should be well rested and ready to work when we get back. Your day of jewelry and a show sounds great.

tneah, I'm looking forward to seeing your night heron. I've never seen one in the wild.

Lainie, I challenged you to a scrabulous game on facebook. I was trying to challenge another friend whose name starts with an L and your name got clicked on. Ignore it if you'd like. Or play if you'd like. I've become addicted. It's the first thing I check in the morning, even before logging onto Cathe.

I did PUB this afternoon, after finishing up some housework. We are headed over to my MIL's for the weekly pizza night. Gosh, I've eaten nothing but crap and lots of it today. I can't seem to stop. tneah, maybe you could send Mr Trainerman to take all my junk food away.

Robin, you can have Mr. Trainer man!}( Shoot, I just do not feel like doing more dang cardio tonight.x( Pizza night at friends sounds delicious and fun, glad its your calf not your knee thats bugging you. Your little trip ought to give it a chance to rest. Scrabulous? Sounds interesting! Oh, and the pic I took of the night heron turned out terrible. Maybe he will grace us with his winged self tonight, so I can get a better one.

Deb, sounds like you are getting back into the swing of things, glad to hear it. But don't push too hard...

Leanne, yes, it is so pretty today. We went over to the Hotel Del on Coranado Island today. I had the best grilled shrimp and asparagus I have ever tasted in my life-very diet friendly dish. It was nice to eat out and feel "normal" for once!:) Your class sounded really cool, I love that you make jewelry. I wear my wedding ring, and band, and two thumb rings and one good watch, thats it. I always forget to put other stuff on! :)

It was a nice day, I did legs this morning, the gym is at another hotel about 15 minutes (walk) away, so I get a little extra calorie burn just trekking to it every morning! The hotel by our marina has a piddly little gym, one treadmill and an ancient bike, so I go there to do my nightly cardio. I am getting tired of all this cardio. x( Some days more than others, but geez enough already with the cardio dude, or rather Mr. Trainer man!
I did fit into a pair of pants that last trip were too tight, so thats cool I guess...I will hang for another 4 weeks, but am anxious to go on my "maintenance" plan. I am to the point where putting on a bikini in public isn't as rattling as it used to be before I started, and I have changed my eating habits, so yeah, maintenance will be great.

Okay, enough rattling on and on...see you all tomorrow. How's that time change going for you all? I am so behind today!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.