++Melters! Get Going..it's Thursday!++

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

I hope everyone is getting better! We have a lot of injuries and illness in our group :-( . Today I did 4DS Kickbox. Somehow I was not into it today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Robin:
It sounds like that Dietminder journal really helps!

Emily:
I too, love ME. GReat workout. What's a SoyJoy bar and where do you get them?

Shannon:
Good for you for sticking to those little cheese cubes...but cold chickpeas??? explain please!:)

Michele:
It sounds like you made a breakthrough in your eliptical work! Maybe I need to try a CC eliptical. I have 2 of the I-climbs and they don;t do it for me! I like your cup of soup idea. I just never think to bring something like that to work with me.

Tneah:
Who are these boys and where are they from?LOL :D Yes, George is trying to let people know that he is the Alpha dog. I still smile when I think of him doing this. I never heard of those shoes before.. it seems like they may hurt your knees..

Leanne:
Enjoy your "alone" time. We all need this once in while!

Judy:
Yes, I have Larabars. They are ok, but a little sweet and a lot of calories. The only cheese I eat are stringsters, which are low fat motzerlla (sp?). Wow I wish I could do an I-Tread and do 3 miles!

Lainie:
I do the same thing on other threads.. there is only so much that you can split up if you post on multiple check-ins:). I'm glad the test turned out good for your son. I still think you need to stop working out and get more rest! Dance Wars is an offshoot from Dancing with the Stars. 2 of the judges are going around the country finding people that can dance and sing and putting 2 teams together for a competition. I am not sure I will watch the whole thing, but once I saw that there is a guy from Buffalo that might be part of it, now I feel like I have to at least see if he stays on.

Stephanie:
Thanks for the snack tip. I have never done PB with an apple. I'll have to try that. Let me know how that ballet workout is.

Shelley:
(((hugs)). I know what you mean about those family things! Sometimes I am just not in the mood!

TK:
What a cute little sailor! What is his/her name? I would love to put mine on a treadmill...they would never stay on! They would be afraid of it I am sure.

Have a great day!

Deb :)

Good morning Deb and other melters to follow.

Deb, I only hope the journaling keeps me on the Golden Path to Slimdom. I have to LOL at the size 6 folks here. Sorry ladies, I'm a great big galluffing size 12. That's 6 x 2, for you mathmatically challenged. I cringe when I look back at my RT pictures with Cathe and the crew. I'm towering over them with a big goofy grin.

I took a decongestant last night and slept pretty good. I need all my energy today. We are short at work and I have two work stations. I may put our student to work today.

Lanie, I love the boys artwork.

TK, I love the puppy and the view behind him.

I'm hoping to have enough energy left after work to do a workout. I'm not sure what, but hope to do a weight workout from BBC and maybe CCV2. We'll see. I hope to be back later to see what's going on in everyone's life this almost Friday.

Morning!

I got up early and did a really hard run. Four miles, but there were intervals where I was running at 9.2 mph!! Who knew I could run that fast?

I'll bbl for personals.

Good morning, Melters -

I think I need to go back and see what I missed yesterday. But who knows whether I'll have the time?

I DID LOW MAX LAST NIGHT!!! Please excuse the shouting, but oh yeah, I'm excited. It wasn't perfect - I had a lot of stiffness in my calf during the workout, but I made sure to really stretch, massage and ice it afterwards.

Okay, ladies - I need some help here. I'm tracking calories and stuff on FitDay.com to the very best of my ability. And it tells me I'm only getting 1500 to 1600 calories a day... unless I eat lots of cheese and peanut butter of course. :) How in the heck can I increase my healthy calories? I'll feel like a hog.

Deb - I'm just dying to try 4DS kickbox! Hopefully I'll be able to soon! Cold chickpeas - haven't you ever eaten them? I really like them to nibble on, and they taste great in salads. Just open a can, rinse them off and enjoy! So now does everyone think I'm wierd? :p

Robin - "galluffing?" I just don't think that word fits you at all! I thought you looked great in the RT pictures I saw. Put those students to work. That's what they're there for, after all!

Shelley - 9.2 mph????? Good grief, woman, that's fast!

Cuz - I'm going to email you about your elliptical breakthrough... but don't hold your breath. Soon, soon!

I'll try to be back later, but we're still pretty dang busy at work.

Good morning, everyone!

I actually slept in until 7:15 this morning! Yeah! When my DH is gone, it always takes me forever to fall asleep, so I usually end up staying up late to read so that I can nod off more easily.

Today I'm supposed to be meeting my dear friend for lunch with her baby, but she never called last night. I hope it still works out!

I'm adding in one extra day of cardio to the 4DS rotation, so today I'll be doing Imax2 and then probably one section of CoreMax. I'm seriously so worried about weighing myself tomorrow since I've been devouring everything in sight this past week! Ah, well!

Robin -- Glad that you're feeling better today! That early night must have helped with your cold. How did you like the new magazine? Did it have some yummy-looking recipes in it?

Stephanie -- How did the advanced ballet class go last night? Are you pretty wiped out today?

Deb -- Sorry that you weren't into your workout today! :( I hate those days when I'm just not "feeling it," but hopefully tomorrow you'll be back to normal. Did the doggies get you up early again today?

Shelley -- That is just awesome about your run this morning! I bet those terrible cousins couldn't come even close to where you're at with your fitness!}( Your dogs are so cute!

Shannon -- How great that you made it through LowMax!! Is your calf still doing alright? To increase calories, you could try adding some healthy snacks like nuts, nut butter on whole wheat toast, etc. to your eating.

Michele -- Will you be heading to the Apple store over the weekend to get that new iMac? I hope you end up really liking it! I don't know if you saw my post from yesterday, but I asked my aunt about Leopard for you, and she said that she's had no problems with it at all on her new iMac.

TK -- Your dog is also so cute! What a sailor! I'm sorry to hear that work is so hectic right now! I think you're right, too, that the DH's will never grow up! Will you let us know how you like Absolute Kickboxing once you try it? I've been thinking about getting it, and would love to hear what you think about it!

Tneah -- How are you doing today? Are you feeling better? And how is using the Diet Minder going? I hope you share more of your paintings with us soon!

Lainie -- How are you feeling today? Will you be getting that blood work done? Isaac's drawing in your new avatar is so great! I'll check out his other works later!

Judy -- Any good recipes lately?

Emily -- How are you doing?

Mornin' melters! It's almost Thursday - we can make it! :D

Deb, I did 4DS Kickbox today too! Well, I did the cardio premix - Kickbox followed by Bootcamp. It's a total sweatfest! You asked about SoyJoy bars... I get them at Target, but there are lots of grocery stores that carry them. Here's the website:
www.soyjoy.com
They're pretty tasty little things. :9

Robin, I'm LOL at your clothing size math. ;-) I don't think a size 12 is actually TWICE as big as a size 6, and I think you look absolutely fabulous. You were a size 12 VERY WELL! :)

Shelley, you ROCK with your 9.2 mph intervals!!! :eek:

Shannon, hooray for doing Lowmax!!! :D :D :D I have no advice on increasing your calories. I wish I could. I have to keep my calorie intake under 1500. Boooooo. I think cheese and peanut butter are perfectly fine foods for increasing calories. :9 Oh, but you probably want healthy foods. Hey, I think peanut butter is healthy! Go ahead, have a spoonful! :D

Just running in to say that everyone must have Absolute Kickboxing. It's a fabulous workout and I have to stop myself from doing it every single day:p I love Kimberley Spreen's personality as well. She's fun and funny and her form is perfect and the music rocks.

Running out again!

Hey All!

BBL for personals, but wanted to say I really tried to post a link with my art work on it, on my posts like alot of others do, but it will not show up when I post? Weird, I am pretty sure I did everything right too.

But if you click on my profile or name the artwork link comes up. Anyway, if you wanna see the stuff you can do that until I figure out how to post the link on my posts. Hi to all!:) Have business folks over for lunch, we are doing a new commercial and the video crew will be here for a pizza lunch.

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj39/tneah/

OK, that is the link, not sure it will work on this post, it works under my profile though. Sigh. I am one confused "chica" today!

Hey there Melter's!!

I've been trying to post here for a couple of hours but I keep getting sidetracked with phone calls and "stuff". Unfortunately, I don't have time for personals right now :-( , but I'll try to do some later this evening.

But please can I go along on the Family Fault Finding mission? I'm really good at stuff like that :p

Shelley -- my guess is that they're envious of you for many, many reasons.

I have a computer update -- I'm going to return the MacBook Pro and get an iMac :) . I went to a small Apple store yesterday and got to play with every model of Mac available and I love the iMac...and I can see it! I wish I would've just gotten that one to begin with, but I was trying to change and grow and be hip. At the end of the day I'm just an old dog :p . Leanne, thanks for asking your aunt about the Leopard OS. I got to play with it a little bit and I think I'll like it fine :)

I have more cardio on tap for today -- a CC on the elliptical (Deb, I like Coach Sean SOOOOOO much better than Keith ;) ). I won't be around tomorrow -- I'm getting company in the morning and then we're going out for lunch and I expect to be gone most of the day. I'll try to come back for personals tonight :*

ETA - Evily, check your PM's :)

Hi everyone. I'm having another sleepy day for some reason. I finally went and got the blood taken. My arm is still a little sore from that. I'm such a wimp! So this morning I had to fast before the blood test and didn't get out of there until almost 10. I had to go to Target to pick up a prescription (from my dermatologist--not related to the blood thing) so as soon as I got there I stopped at the Starbuck's inside (I really love having a Starbuck's at Target) and picked up a blueberry muffin. A bit naughty I know, but I was starving. At least I only got a skinny cafe mocha to go with it. I have a bit of a tummy ache now so maybe not a good choice.

I'm thinking today I might finally get around to doing Bosu: Long & Lean which I've had for a while but haven't tried--it's a workout that uses a lot of Pilates and yoga moves on a Bosu.

I would like to also fit in a nap, but I doubt I will get one. Isaac has a play date this afternoon after school so I'll have to drive over to this other house and try to get Ewan to behave while Isaac plays with the other kid.

OK, I'm rambling; I'll get on with personals.

Deb, hmm, maybe I should take a rest day--I'm so tired again! Or maybe you shouldn't tempt me--I don't want to get all lazy.

Robin, how many CC workouts do you have? I have vol. 1 and the Press Play one (which I haven't tried yet). I really liked vol. 1 when I tried it, though (but I don't have a machine so I just did it out on a trail).

Shelley, wow, that sounds fast. I am amazingly slow myself--not sure how slow, but I know it's slow. I've always been slow my whole life--except for swimming--I can swim pretty fast (but still not like I'm going to win lots of races fast). Oh, and I also love Absolute Kickboxing--it's absolute fun (forgive me).

Shannon, congrats on doing Low Max! How high of a step are you using with your bad calf?

Leanne, I still owe you an email. I am slowly digging through my piles of email (OK, there's not that many, I'm just lazy again.) You can probably guess that the picture in my avatar is of our family. I thought it was cute that Isaac drew himself holding hands with Ewan. Oh, for Absolute Kickboxing, the only equipment she uses is a body bar, and she suggests no heavier than 9 lbs, I believe. I think she also suggests you could use a broomstick, though. ;)

Emily, I agree, size 12 is definitely not twice a 6--I went from about a 14 last year down to a 6 and I didn't lose that much weight, really (and right now my 6's are getting a bit snuggish).

TK, not sure how many videos I've owned. I have a spreadsheet list of all my workouts (but that's with Cathe's separated out by workout, not just by DVD) and it's up to 260, but I only have about 136 currently (but only about 80 actual DVDs/Videos since some DVDs have 2 or 3 workouts on them). Yes, I am a geek with my spreadsheets.

Michele, I'm glad you found a Mac that will work for you. I LOVE my Mac. I even put a little Apple bumper sticker on my car, and I never put bumper stickers on my baby other than that.

Tneah, the trick to putting a photobucket photo on here is to look under one of the pictures and click next to where it says "direct link". It will automatically copy, so then you come here and just paste that. HTH, chica. Let me try it for you here with one of your paintings:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj39/tneah/HPIM0075.jpg

Anyway, your link worked to take me to another page with lots of your paintings, so that's cool. Great stuff!

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Soooo..... who's doing the presale Saturday? :7 Holy Wow, STS is going to be some kind of amazing program.

I just lost my whole darn post to the ethers!x( x( It was a long one too...crap. So I will make this one short and sweet.

Lainie, thanks so much for your help. You likey? You wanty? Send me your address and I will shippy :)

Shannon, yeah on the LowMax!

Shelley aka "Speedy Gonzolas" good grief, someone had their Wheaties this am.;) I am impressed.

Robin, I am liking my DietMinder too

Shannon, surely you can add a few more tablespoons of the good stuff right?;) Congrads on LowMax.

Leanne, I thought of you today, I ordered a book by my favorite fitness gal-Monica Brant, received it today and cannot wait to read!

Evily-I did the same workout this morning. You must be doing the Jan. rotation too.

Michele, good. Glad you got your computer thing figured out-sounds like you are another "Mac mama" now!:)

Deb, Did you ask about the shoes? They have three pound weights in them, and no, surprisingly, they do not bother my knees, but I just use them to walk Georgie and on my treadmill.

TK, hey there! I hope you read the post where I gushed over your pup and her adorable ears.:)

Stephanie, whats shakin?:)

I gotta run again, the "boys" (they are the guys that work in our creative department) need to be fed and watered:7 Ciao...for now and hugs to everyone that follows!

I know you all probably are gone for the day, but I wanted to check in. Better late than never. I won't do personals, however, because it's the end of the day. I hope you all had a happy and productive day. I was running late this morning, so I didn't check in.

I didn't do that well eating yesterday, but I've had some female issues this week (I'll spare you the details), so I blame my hormones. Today I did much better, despite the fact that my mother showed up at my house this morning with a box full of Dunkin Donuts --half glazed, half CHOCOLATE and a bag of donut holes. I had one donut hole. I'm no saint.

Ballet class last night went well. It actually is easier than my Monday class, so that was surprising. I really am enjoying it. I just hope that I can keep up with my other workouts during the week too. The day after ballet class, I'm always wiped out. It's not because of the workout but because I'm up late after class getting school clothes/lunches ready for the next day, etc. So I don't get a lot of sleep those nights. I just need to GET ORGANIZED!!

Sorry for the self-absorbed post. I'll be a better Melter tomorrow. Hope you all have a great evening!!!

PS Are you all going to get the new workout set?

Good evening ladies~

I'm sorry I wasn't around today. Work was hectic and weird but once again I refrained from pounding my fist down my co-worker's throat, so that's gotta count for something, right?

I'm not awfully sure I have the energy for personals, but let me reiterate that Absolute KB is a fabulous workout. There is a section of combat intervals that uses a 9 lb body bar, but you can use your unloaded barbell or even a broomstick for it.

Tneah - your art is breathtaking! I absolutely adore this one:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj39/tneah/HPIM0102.jpg

Michele - I'm glad you sorted out your Mac problems and found something you like.

Robin - sounds like you're going to have some nice vacation time this year! Maybe I'll drive down and visit again one weekend that you're off!

Stephanie - I'm glad you're enjoying ballet and aren't mothers grand when they do things like that? Good for you for resisting! I don't honestly think I'm going to order STS. I don't need 37 more weight workouts and I doubt I'd ever do the whole program, especially considering the shape my stupid elbow is in.

TK - your doggie is adorable! Yes, we rescued both of ours. Gilbert and his brother were tied to their doghouse and the people moved. And Sadie, well, we're not sure, but she was 8 months old when we adopted her and she'd already had a litter of puppies!

Leanne - they never do grow up, do they? Then again, do we?:p

Shannon - I'm so pleased that you were able to do LM last night!

Deb - thanks for always (almost) starting our thread!

Evily - so when are we going on a scrapping retreat? And I agree about the leg presses in ME. However, I do believe the leg presses in HSTA are worse!

Lainie - I love Isaac's art!

Okay, that's about it. I hope I didn't miss anyone, but I bet I did! I'm waving!

Thanks Shelley!:) I did that one for my DH, he loved the 'darkness" of it I think. It reminded me of that song by Metallica so thats where the name comes in (obviously!)
My offer still stands, if you want something let me know;) I paint quite a bit and add new stuff all the time.

37 weight workouts is alot, wish I could restrain myself, not sure if I can, might wait until everyone has theirs and I get some feedback. I did not buy the new P90X workouts, I rarely do them anyway, sooo...hum. What about the rest of you all?

Back again, melters. I did CCv6 and stuck with my clean eating goal of under 1800 calories today.

tneah, thank for sharing. I love your work. I can follow directions to a tee, but creativity is something I lack.

Shannon, great news about the cardio! I can't believe you're having trouble finding healthy calories. I bought so many snacks at the grocery store last night, I'll gain 20 pounds if I'm not careful. Mmmmm, nuts, fruit, yougart...

Leanne, I haven't had time to look at the recipes in the magazine yet. DD looked a bit and picked out a Creamy Mushroom Penne to try tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Evily, I bow to you. No way I could do any other cardio in ADDITION to the Bootcamp segment.

Michele, I'm glad you've found a computer solution. I'll miss you tomorrow. I think we need to chat someday soon.

Dang, I meant to hit the preview button and hit post instead. I guess that is the computers way of saying goodnight.

Shelley, really? You want to visit again? I'd love to have you. And Sophie! Let me know.

TK, Judy, Lainie, anyone one else I forgot, goodnight and sleep tight. I see you in the morning. Tomorrow is my doctor appointment! Yay!

Good evening melters. This morning was 4DS HIS. I read that huge email from Cathe.com. I was expecting the set to be more expensive. At $199 now, I wonder what it will be after the presale? Most likely I'll do the presale.

I'm feeling kinda melty welty today. My previously 'firm' pants are baggy and my belt went over a notch too. There's more melting needed I'm sure but today is the first time I've felt like I've gotten smaller.

Leanne: I'll probably try Absolute Kickboxing this weekend. I hope your lunch went on as planned.

Deb: Doggie's name is Addie Mae. She's a good boat dog. She rarely barks and stays put in the bridge when we're underway. In fact, as soon as we start the engines she heads up to the bridge to take her spot. Pavlov's dog indeed!

Robin: I've seen you in person and you are certainly not a big galluffer (whatever that is, but I'm certain you're not!). Cathe and crew are miniature people. We can't compare ourselves to them. BTW, I pre-ordered Absolute Kickboxing from Deepdiscount late last year. I think I paid only 11.07 and it was free shipping. Not that I'm enabling or anything.....

Shelley: I think you run faster than I drive. My pup is from a shelter too. She was only 6 months old and was tied up in a back yard without food, water or shelter. To make it even worse, it was December.

Shannon: If I remember right I think you can make your Fitday journal open to the public. If you feel comfortable with that and post the link, maybe we can give you suggestions for what foods you should add.

Lainie: That's great that you're so organized with your workouts. I thank you every day for those weight sheets I got from your blog. Since I have to set out and put away my equipment everyday, those sheets make the whole process easier. Thank you thank you thank you again. As for my workouts, they aren't on excel but they are kept in order by instructor, then by series. I guess I have about 80 DVDs now. It's getting to be time that I get one of those albums to keep them in so they don't take up so much space. When people visit our house and start looking at the DVD rack, they immediately think they are movies. Most people just don't understand why we *need* to have so many!

Tneah: Your paintings are beautiful.

Stephanie: The last person posting is usually me. TK the thread killer. Good job bypassing the Dunkin' Donuts (mostly). Limiting yourself to one donut hole is saintly, if you ask me. And I hope you sent your mother back home with the box and bag she in came with. You did, didn't you??}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.