May 10 Check in Weekend 1rst/2nd******

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

The party went well last night.
19.gif
The girls are still downstairs sleeping. There is no telling what time they actually went to sleep. I was up until 12:30 and I still heard them up and about.
pillowfight.gif
.Anyway, Lauren seemed so happy that her friends could come and celebrate with her and stay over..She loves a sleepover!!

Ok, today is the last day of the April rotation..I am doing the cardio and abs section of 4DS kickbox...I also saw the May rotation that cathe posted and I have decided to tackle that one starting on Monday. Next week and the week after I will have to rearrange the days some since we are going to PA to visit the inlaws next weekend..

Time to get the day started
kaffeetrinker_2.gif
...Talk to you all later...
grouphugg.gif

Happy 1rst Communion to Jake!!! Hope the party goes well Chris!!
balloons.gif

May 1st!!!

Holy cow, how did that happen?

Sounds like a nice sleepover, hope they sleep nice and late for you, Kathy! How long will they stay today?

It's a gorgeous day out for Jake's 1st Communion!! He's very excited! It makes me smile!

BUT... I woke up with a wonderful headache. I knew it was going to happen. I think they are coming the second day I stop taking birth control pills for the 4 days. I am even feeling kind of bloaty and a teeny bit crampy. I'm pissed though. I hate feeling this way for such a great party day.

I've self medicated to the hilt. I do NOT know how people deal with chronic pain. I think I'd OD on pain killers. Though I think my tolerance for headaches is worse than anything other kind of pain.

So anyhoooooooooo....

I think Joanne asked yesterday, we're having a deli meat platter and salads for food today. CHips, salsa, I just finished making Guacamole! YUM! And beer. Plenty of beer.

I have to go take a peak at the rotation.... !!! Can't believe she put one up. Very cool!

BBL!

Hey Chris...They have all left..Busy Saturday with everyone having things going on..Hope you feel better by party time...I gotta head downstairs and clean up where the girls were sleeping. That is my workout area and I need to get to my workout soon!!

Good morning! Kathy, so glad to hear the party went well -- love all of your smiley face guys!! Hope the rest of the day treats you as well as the party.

Chris, sounds like the potential for a fantastic day! Good weather, good food, happy & proud boy. Nice! Huge bummer about the headache! What a drag! I hope the self-medicating does the trick.

Today was a tonique day for me, but I finally remembered to put a different disc in first for a decent warmup. Did the first 14 minutes of KPC -- was so sore from H&T yesterday!!! I think working out helped loosen everything up. Did tonique 2.2 and then the long stretch after KCM's bootcamp, except for those crazy rolls she does!! Feeling pretty good and eating my "breakfast salad" -- apple, celery, a little greek yogurt and some almonds today. Yum! I did much better resisting sweets yesterday. I ate right after I worked out -- wonder if that's what helped me. We'll see today.

Not much on tap today -- Dylan's going to a birthday party. Get this, they rented out the community center and Game Crazy is coming and setting up a bunch of game stations. Dylan cannot wait!

Oh..... is a first communion not on a Sunday? I'm starting to wonder if I looked at the invite wrong for the one we were invited to. But now that I think about it, I think the birthday boy with the game crazy party is also part of that first communion group. I'll figure it out!

Hottie, I would think you could get a bunch of summer tutoring gigs!

Waves to Joanne..... have a great day everyone!

Beth: Usually First Holy Communion is done on Saturday depending on the group of kids. Our communion classes are so big they do them on Saturdays in groups...So, if it is a small parrish, they may do Communion during regularly scheduled masses...Sounds like Dylan is going to have a blast!!! Great breakfast; I may have to give that combo a try.

Howdy -- I'm having a cranky Saturday. Just cranky. Must be TOM. We went and saw Christopher titus last night... he was funny but its clear he's still working out his material. Nothing nearly as polished a Norman Rockwell is bleeding or Love is Evol. I was too pooped. Woke up pooped. And then, I dunno, not very productive I guess. The cleaning lady is nice and all but shes been here for a while and very sloooow. We'll see if we keep her. Evee has been out in the backyard and just giving us tons of problems whining. And my mom and I talked and some frustrating news came out. I did manage to try the other Ellen DVD, Slim Sculpt. I like the Ab work in that one a lot more. Put the two together and I totally dig it. I put a quiche in the oven so that'll be lunch and then I have to head out to lab and tutor. Yeah, Beth, you'd think I'd get students in the summer but I'm doubtful. Summer students never are smart enough to get me early at the college level, and high school students who SHOULD try and get a leg up before taking a bunch of AP classes convince their parents to not do so. It would be nice to have one or two but I'm ok if I don't either. It takes up time but it's a nice distraction to watch someone learn as well.

Kathy -- that's how I remember Holy Communion as well. So happy that Lauren had a ton of fun. I don't think I'm going to do the next rotation. I'm actually thinking about making a cardio/sculpting month with the new Ellen DVDs but we'll see how bored I get.

Chris -- I'm on the ring and I tend to get headaches too around when the medication isn't flowing in me anymore. Have you considered the ring? I love it. Wish it weren't so damned expensive though (now, before I used to get it for free).

Beth -- I'm so good about eating until the evening. Actually, I made Joe go to the produce market now because I'm sick of eating junk in the evening. I need some good Indian cookin! So which do you like more? Tonique or BBL? Did you convince to not travel to the rings of Saturn yet?

What is it Chris says? Frick?! Fak?! Well, whatever, I'm saying it! Larry and I were building more beds for the garden today.... complete with gopher mesh on the bottom. The edges are sharp pieces of wire. When I picked one up.... puncture wound! It was bleeding like crazy. Yowch. Thought I was going to pass out. It's fine, but I sure hope it doesn't get infected! Been there, done that.

It was mostly a nice day. Two giant Dylan meltdowns. That kid can be so happy and fun and then he can be an eight year old teenager who doesn't know how to communicate his feelings. I really need some help with him, because I'm completely unequipped to know how to help him with all that emotion. It's not pretty.

Hottie, are you in any better space? I hope so! Hmmm.... tonique or bbl.... that is a tough one. I think tonique is harder, but I can really see people having dread with it. I know I keep saying this, but it has become very addictive for me. There is more of a fun factor with bbl though, and I do think both are effective.

The science project.... thank you very much for your suggestions. I was really into the northern lights idea until I read the assignment and saw that not only are they researching whatever, but they have to present an experiment as well. Not sure what that would look like for the lights. So.... without further ado...... he did come to his senses a bit and decide to do a sun dial project, researching all of the rotational stuff and then figuring out if two different types of sun dials has one that's more accurate or the same. You know what I mean.

Looks like Chris has been having a great day! Like the fb pics. How's your head?

Oh, on outsourcing work..... we have to do that around here -- there's just too much for us to keep up. So, we have a guy who helps us with the property one or two days a week. I was headed out to pay him and I see Travis carrying a wad of bills. I ask "what's that?" "Ten dollars." "What's it for?" "I want to pay Hugo too because I'm really grateful for what he does because then Daddy has more time to play with us." Awwwww!

We are pooped. Who's going to cook dinner for us?

LOL Beth -- Fack! :) I only remember the word because of the incredibly dirty song by Eminem. I hope your wound is ok! I once sliced the space between my thumb and index finger on my left hand...ohh, the blood. Wouldn't stop. Clean it well! Don't get infected!

Northern lights are cool -- you didn't like, when my parents were in school Pluto was a planet? The experiment could have been how many people on Facebook want pluto as a planet again. LOL. That's cool about the experiment -- I'm so happy to see them doing science experiments so young! I'm jealous! I like the sun dial project a lot -- he thought of that all by himself? He shouldn't be a programmer but a scientist instead. :) Knowing me, I'd probably do a magnet thing. I liked magnets when I was his age. Ah, interest in science in such a young and hopeful age. So sweet and fleeting...

I think that's really cool about Travis. Today, Robin did an ok job but was slow. But she did a nice job so we'll see. There's someone else on CL with similar pricing who I may try in two weeks. I actually clean a lot but I'm bogged with clutter...tons and tons of clutter. I'm actually thinking about paying someone to declutter my life -- eek! that's how bad...

but what's worse? waiting for Joe to bring back ice cream...

Hi ladies..

Today is Lauren's birthday!!! We just got back from church. Now, we are headed to lunch for the birthday....I am skipping today's rest day and starting this month's rotation since I will be out of town next weekend...So, I will be doing Step, jump & pump this afternoon when lunch digests....

Have a great day...

Hottie: Enjoy that ice cream..

Beth: Hope you don't get an infection..Ouch!!

Ok, Fack! But I don't need it today -- it's all good. The hand is sore, but I think it's fine. I hope Chris doesn't need the "fack" for her head -- how is it today? You're working tonight, right?

He didn't like the Pluto idea. I helped a little with the sundial suggestion, but I think you're right about the scientist thing -- he's very imaginative and does like to solve problems and I was amazed at how quickly he picked up chemistry ideas and started memorizing formulas.

It is hard to find good help, as they say. Every time our cleaning people come (yes, there are multiple here at a time), at least one of us says they should be fired. And we have waaaaayyyy too much clutter, too. That's part of the problem of having more space than you really need.

Kathy, happy birthday to Lauren, officially! :D Hope it's another great day for all of you.

Oh, my workout!!! The last chest/shoulders/biceps of meso 1 -- I love those workouts!! For some reason today I could do the pushups fine, but struggled with the shoulder work. Funny how that happens sometimes. I was going to go for a quick run afterward but I slept in late enough that I would have needed sunscreen and that was just too big a barrier to entry for me this morning, so I stuck in hiit 40/20 and thought I'd do at least part of it. Well, I did, but not nearly as much as I thought. The kids were up and bugging me -- noisy and in the space I needed and it just didn't work, so I only did about 10 minutes!! Hoping to go for a walk with Larry in a bit, but we'll see. He's making noises like he'd rather go back to bed. ;)

I had an ah-ha moment this morning about why I like this two day on, one day "off" rotation..... it's easier for me to really push myself for the two days because I know I have an easy day coming. We'll see if it can produce good results, but mentally, it sure is!! Every day I really look forward to the next workout.

Ok, kind of a busy day here..... I'd better get to it. Waves to Joanne! Chris, give us the low-down on the party!

:)Hey Girls!

What a whirlwind of a weekend! It was a beautiful party and day, and today I'm kind of meloncholy because it's over. My last baby to make his 1st Communion. *sigh* :( Plus it was nice to spend time with my family, esp my sister, who I don't see a ton. Actually , she is going to be in town on business on Friday, my birthday, and she's taking me out to lunch WITH my mom too! :) :)

Another reason I'm meloncholy about yesterday is that my head hurt most of the day, and I feel like I couldn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to. I want a do over! We all sat together in the church, but couldn't really see much. Which was ok. But I'd get these hot flashes through my head/eyes from the pain. It was so weird. Plus dizziness and I felt like passing out a few times! Ugh.

Got some awesome pics of Jake though (if you happen to see on FB ;)). I posted them there. And the picnic was actually very nice and easy! Cold cut platter was the way to go! Of course I ate way too much. Dessert was crazy good!

My head STILL hurt after everyone left. I took motrin. Didn't work. I took that damn fish oil capsule (I read that taking it can reduce inflammation and headaches). Didn't work. So, I reverted to taking Greg's expired Vicodin again. :eek: But it relaxed my head nice, and I fell asleep. I could feel the pain go away in my sleep.

Today, woke up with a foggy/heavy head, slight headache. I do have to work tonight. :confused: I thought maybe it was partially a "vicodin hangover". So I went and did the all cardio premix from 4DS, LIS and HIS. It felt good doing it, lots of fun, but my head still feels weird/heavy/foggy.

You guys had some busy weekends!

Hottie: Hope you feel less cranky today. Did you get ice cream last night? ;) Glad you liked the Ellen Barrett workout! and ab work, I know you're not into that so much.

Kathy: Happy Birthday to Lauren today!!!! Hope you have a nice lunch. I'm still debating on what to do for a rotation. Greg ordered me BBL today, and it's estimated arrival is May 6th. So I'm thinking of maybe following a week of Cathe's or FF's rotation and then next week doing a P57/BBL and running rotation.

Beth and/or Joanne: does BBL have upper body work too?

Beth: Oh OUCH, AND FACK! That boo boo sounds nasty. I don't like bloody injuries. I'm a nurse, but in a CONTROLLED setting, no unexpected blood and guts. Take good care of it, antibiotic ointment and daily cleaning and bandage! ... It sounds like Dylan is at that stage where he's caught between wanting to be an adult, and still feeling like a kid. From an onlooker's point of view, it is really tough for him too. Sorry you're dealing with it. I still have the same issues with Zach too. He's getting better though. He's more into the stage of brooding teenager. So much more fun! LOL!... .Sounds like a good workout today. And any part of 40/20 is a good workout too!!!

hmmmm... maybe I'll stick along the lines with the rotation I just did, (lower body focused with upper mixed 2x a week) , but do BBL and P57 stuff. I definitely am going to keep with the running with the nicer weather!

Still have to shower. by the time I shower it will be time for my nap before work! I almost want to call out sick. But I know my head can hurt worse than this, so I better save it.

I got through Cardio Core Circuit! like all of it! With modifications...though near the end man the modifications were pansy. I'm super proud of myself. I didn't wake up so great so I'm super glad I got this accomplished. but now it's past noon and I have no idea how I'm going to get everything I want done today which inlcudes lab work at lab, lab work at home (yes, I "borrowed" a microscope and other things so I can do it at home), tutoring, and shopping. Oh, and apologizing to my mother for being snippy yesterday. Yeesh. But $40 later, we have a tub that drains...ohhh the hair ball that was pulled out with that super mechanical snake was disgusting. Are there any tricks I can do like on a monthly basis to make sure that doesn't happen? Any better hair trapping thing doesn't seem to fit our drain hole well...

Kathy -- HAPPY BDAY LAUREN!!!!!!

Beth -- so awesome that he loves chem! I was a chem major until I realized I had less requirements to get a biochem background under the biology option at Caltech instead of the Chem option (hence why my degree says biology). Oh poor pluto -- but there's already a facebook page about it. Did you read about the blizzard so big on Saturn that amateurs could see it through their telescope? I hope we can figure the clutter program because I probably could do most of the cleaning without the clutter. I actually brought all these papers for Joe to file while I did CCC and he watched baseball so that's a huge dent...

Chris -- no I did not get the ice cream. Joe dilly dallied too much at the grocery store so the ice cream store closed. but he made me an omelet and toast with avocado. I swear I could eat that for every meal it makes me so happy. Where are you and your sis and mom going?

Ok, I gotta shower and get the stink off!

oh real fast -- I did find a way to deal with my problem of jumping off the floor and back again during CCC Beth. My padded mat is huge and it really kept on moving around too much but I took the mini step mat and put it UNDER my yoga sticky mat and it was perfect! I love multitaskers!

Oh! I love the idea of an omelet with avocado, which I have all the ingredients of and am definitely going to have for supper tomorrow! Thanks Hottie!

Congrats on CCC too!!!!!! Those are WICKED hard core moves, I always modify too.

We've had big hair balls too. Which I am totally to blame for. Greg gets them up somehow, we don't have a proventitive, unfortunately.

Not sure where we're going for lunch. I think a restaurant in town called "The Tavern" perhaps?

Still have an icky head, but going to work in a few
. Think good thoughts for me that I miraculously feel better somehow! :)

Hottie, the best thing you can do for your drain is try to keep the hair from going down it in the first place. I try really hard but we still have issues at times.

Great idea for the CCC equipment! And yes, good job getting through it! When I was putting the hiit disc away I saw that one and thought I should have done it. Should've would've could've?????

Chris, I'm sure your headache is gone because I've been very busy thinking that miracle cure to yo.

Larry and Travis just left for the Sharks game -- got some tix from friends who are in Hawaii this week. Next week we have another pair and I think Dylan and I are going. Anyway, lots to do, always, so that's all, folks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.