May 10 Check in Wednesday 12th******

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Feeling some soreness in the upper body from KPC. Usually I don't really end up with too much soreness from this one. But, I did try to push it yesterday. Good sore!! Today is Athletic Step and weight and plates abs...

Now, time to get the kids up...Lauren has a couple of tests today she needs to review for before school lessons...

Be back later..

Hi Kathy!: Have fun with AS today!!! (how can you not?)

I've been futzing around this morning. It's raining and dreary and COLD out, and I really have no plans. So I've just been wasting time online and getting little chores done. I should do something constructive today. (Like start going through kids' clothes and sorting).

I have vague DOMS in my upper body and lower today. Not too bad.

For cardio day today, it's LIC Cardio Blast Timesaver Premix. I kind of remember this one as being really repetitive and I might change my mind and do a Turbo Kick instead. Been doing a lot of step lately, and I think that just makes my bum bum bigger!

I was watching a clip of Gin Miller's Interval workout yesterday. She looks fanTAStic, but she really does have a prominent butt! Right? Is that from Step???

I know, I'm obsessed with my buttocks lately. LOL!

Hottie: Hope science and Evee AND Joe are treating you well!

Joanne: What's going on today?

Beth: Miss ya!. when ya heading back? Wondering how your boys are surviving without you!. You know, our DC trip is coming up pretty quick, and I'm a little leary about leaving. Wondering how Greg will do with AL and Jake.!?!?! They'll survive, right?

Okay, better start heading downstairs for my workout. I'm soooo lazy today!

Ok! So I did do Turbo Kick Round #31~! With the Sprinkler! I'm so glad I did! Loved it!!

I watched a little thingie Chalene had on FB yesterday about the differences with Turbo Jam, Turbo Kick and the new one, Turbo Fire. I hadn't realized that Turbo KICK is considered HARDER and more intense than Turbo JAM. But today I realized it! LOL!

I'm still putzing, getting nothing done. i better do something!!! ???? :eek:

Hi ladies!!

Kathy, good to feel those DOMS! I think kickboxing really works the arms good.

Chris, aren't those Turbo Kicks just the best?? Love them!! Supposedly too much step can build up your butt. I used to do it a lot more, but don't know if it contributed to my large butt or not. ;) :) I think my love of chocolate had more to do with it! I'm with ya on needing to do something constructive!! The kids have so many clothes that they never wear just clogging up their closets. Oh yea, I heard Turbo Fire is supposed to be tougher than Turbo Jam. I can't wait till it's released.

My workout today was "eh". Not so good. I decided to try something new. Well, new to my DVD player, not new new. I did an older Amy Bento, A-Team Bootcamp. It was six drills of cardio with some weights. I don't know, the cardio was kind of boring and the weights were OK, but there was way too much down time. I barely sweated. I quit after four drills. I like her newer stuff much better. I did run yesterday during my lunch, so that was good. My legs are sore, either from the run or from the KCM workout I did Monday.

Beth, how are you holding up?? Miss ya here! Hope your mom is doing OK.

Hi Hottie!!

Hmmm, what to have for lunch?? My boring Lean Cuisine? Or Potbellys? Yum. Decisions, decisions...

Potbellys?! What the heck is that?! Sounds better than lean cuisine! ;).

Still here -- looks like I'm headed home Friday and my nursing school niece will be down to take over. Mostly it's seemed pretty grim, with some nice hope from a nice dr last night, but I'm down again this morning. Still just waiting for news.

You all had some decent workouts! That turbo fire is sounding good, isn't it? I did an abbreviated body rock.tv workout this morning.

Chris, your trip is coming up! When is it, again? Larry &the boys are doing just fine and I think this is actually good for them. Travis has been making lunches & feeding the animals. Every morning it has sounded a bit more hectic, but they are definitely surviving. Your will, too!

Do you like bbl?

Hi ladies..

Just finished up with Athletic Step and the weight part of the abs. Not a fan of the plate abs;my paper plates don't slide really easy on the carpet! Anyway, time to shower, grab lunch and get the kids to PE class...

Beth: Thinking of you and sending prayers...Potbelly's is a sandwich place kinda like subway..Good stuff!!

Joanne: I like Amy's stuff. BUt, I agree some of the workouts are boring cardio drills and hard to get (step stuff). I do like her hi/lo though. Glad you got to run yesterday. That made up for not sweating it out today. My legs are always sore after running. I ran on Sunday at the inlaws and all day Monday they were sore; everytime we would stop and I got out I felt it..

Chris: Hope you find something to do today. I don't usually use time wisely and go through clothes like that. I need to go through Lauren's stuff. She seems to outgrow stuff quickly and never gives me to old stuff once she gets new stuff..Good workout!!

Well, I was good and had the Lean Cuisine. Now I'm starving an hour later. :( Shoulda had the Potbellys!

Kathy, my legs are always sore after running, too. Makes me think if I kept it up it would probably do these old legs some good! I can't do those paper plate moves for abs either. Tough stuff.

Beth, I hope you get some more encouraging news. Glad to hear you heard something upbeat from the dr. yesterday. It's good for the men to fend for themselves every once in awhile. Makes them appreciate you more!

Chris, oh yeah, your boys will survive too! I find the things I do all the time and think DH has no clue about actually get done if I'm not there. When is the trip? Jameson doesn't have an 8th grade trip. They are going to Six Flaggs in a couple weeks, just for the day.

Hey guys...I did C&W this morning. I've been a little low energy lately...probably from watching everyone graduate (and not me). I did skinny sculpt last night so I could get something in for the day. I'm feeling pretty blah.

On a funnier note -- I think I counted 6 appearances of Beth and 4 of Joe in the youtube video from the SD RT. (none of me! Yay!)

Beth -- did you get my text yesterday? I was thinking of calling you during my incubation period since I won't have much to do if you're up for that. Are you leaving via Burbank or LAX? I've been thinking and praying for your mom as well. Are you guys going to keep her in Westlake? There are two famous cancer centers -- but I only know about them from a research perspective...

Chris -- I think you and I need to lounge together. Woke up just fine...just watched TV for 2 hrs before starting my workout! And then got late into work as a result! blech.

Joanne -- well, you've convinced me to get a togos wrap so I won't be starving too much after. THANK YOU! :)

Kathy -- I love AS. Did you do that one last week?

ok, I'll probably be back later because it's a boring day but for now I'm going to get some food.

Sooo... I got very little done. LOL!!! I did ONE load of laundry, and then made myself a BIG mug of Energizing tea, and watched DVR'd TV. I watched the rest of a movie I've been watching forEVER, "Knocked Up". It was ok, I guess. I liked the 2nd half way better than the first half. Then I watched the first half of Biggest Loser from last night. Those people are freakin nuts. I can not even believe they work out for 6-8 hours a day! Crazy crazy crazy! no wonder they lose so much weight!!!

Joanne: Loved TK this morning! I think I would get more if I wasn't saving up for Turbo Fire. They are so expensive though, don't ya think? ... Yeah, well, ... ya think the foodfests I have every weekend could be contributing to my badonkadonk? Naawww... i think it's too much Step! :p;) ... Definitely my legs used to get sorER from running. I do notice, like you said, Kathy, that when I run, and then sit for a while (as in the car or the movies!), I get up and can hardly walk!!!.... Potbellies? Not so sure that would entice me by the name! LOL!!!!..... OMG, Zach has so many 8th grade things coming up. They do the DC trip. (June 8th-the 11th), and then 6 Flags for band (next week) and they have a picnic day , plus an 8th grade dance! And these aren't all free! :eek:

Beth: I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. Breaks my heart for you and your family. That's very nice your niece is coming. They will keep your mom in the hospital for chemo, ya think? She still having a lot of pain? :(... GOOD for you for getting in a workout. it helps with the stress I'm sure. Which I don't think we realize until we don't get to work out. ..... I really really REALLY liked BBL yestrday! I did High and Tight. Tomorrow I plan on doing Bum Bum and then go for a run (as a sub for the rotations scheduled Plyo Legs). ..

Actually, I'm thinking , Greg will probably ENJOY the week. He's taking the week off from work, so he'll have ALL day to do 'whatever' and he won't have to get up to check Zach's blood sugars. It's sad to say, but Zach takes a LOT of energy and time and his diabetes is a 24/7 thing here. It's a constant, we're always focused on what his blood sugar is, and what he's eating, and counting his carbs, etc etc etc. It will be a nice break for him (am I perhaps jealous???)

Kathy: I peetered out on going through the kids' clothes. Oh well, they'll wait for me! ... I know, I"m not a fan of "plates abs" either. Weights is a good one though. AND Athletic Step too!...

Hottie: Can you say "buttercup"??? C&W is a goodie, not sure about Skinny Sculpt, did you like it? . there's a youtube video!??? ... Hey, no worries about others graduating. You are in a good place! YOu'll get there !!! Sorry
I stuck my foot in my mouth asking when you were done the other day :eek:

Hey... Anyone know anything about Wildwoods, NJ? someone mentioned it as a vacation spot this summer, and I'm wondering if it's worth a 5-6 hour car trip? It looked cool online!

Ugh...why would you want to go to NJ in the summer if you're not seeing Cathe or me....ugh....ugh... You didn't put your foot into your mouth -- I'm mad at my own progress but I know a lot of the last year has been a wash. You just can't be brilliant when you're emotionally screwed in this kind of work. Or if you can, it's not me. Man, when I'm happy I'm a machine! But anyway -- Wildwood -- it's in cape may. Its where all the NY/NJ people go in the summer...some people like it and some people hate it. But man, I wouldn't go near the area after the Jersey Shore was taped (it hurts because its all true!). Skinny sculpt is decent, Chris. I think I like it more as an add one to cardio, but its fine for I didn't do a workout today and I'm exhausted at the end of the day. It burns my shoulders but I'm super weak in my shoulders.

OMG, I saw the video!!! Too cool! Joe looked good, Beth looked awesome!! And I saw WENDY, INTERVIEWED! ... Bummed you weren't in it Hottie! :mad:

Hmmmmm...maybe I shouldn't have asked a Jersey girl about going to Jersey to vacation! LOL!!! Is Wildwoods anywhere NEAR Cathe or you? Whatcha doing the 3rd week of July?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.