May 10 Check in Thursday 6th***********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

Waking up this morning with some upper body DOMS thanks to PUB. I knew I would though. I was feeling it yesterday when I was working out. THose muscles were aching and spent! Today is Pyramid Lowere Body..So, soreness in the lower body tomorrow!!

Chris had a baseball game last night and his team won..He did a really great job at pitcher; his batting wasn't great last night. But, I guess that everyone has a bad night..

Ok, today is our library day and I need to pack the suitcase for our visit to Vic's parents this weekend. We are leaving tomorrow afternoon..

Time to start the day....Talk to you later!

Good morning! I'll bet Chris is here posting at the same time as me!

Kathy, good on the doms! And sounds like a mostly fun baseball game -- it is hard to watch our kids have an off-day like that though, isn't it? At least his team won.

Stretch for me this morning -- feels good.

Good Morning, Kathy and Everyone!!

Kathy: PUB always gives me good DOMS too! Those biceps! ARGH! .. have fun with PLB today. (esp the Ball :p). How far away does Vic's parents live? That's nice you're going for a visit!

Beth: I had to LOL @ your post from last night. When you said you had lunch next to an apple store, I pictured you coming out with bushels of different kinds of juicy apples! The iPad looks very cool!!.

Today is STS DISC 20, which I guess is from Meso 2. Should be interesting! (and scary since I should get major DOMS from this one!). Tomorrow I'm meeting my sister and mom for lunch, I'm excited for that! And then the movies and cake after with the boys! (Did I tell you we're going to see Iron Man 2? I love that Robert Downey Jr., yum!).

Ugh, I have this very annoying cold. Sneezing/snotty nose. Ick ick ick!

Okay, better go start my workout!!

BBL!

Beth: We're typing at the same time! HA!

Nice on the stretch day!!!

I agree with hard seeing our kids have a bad day like that. Zach came home from his bb game very upset, they lost 12-3. And it was against a team with 2 of his very good friends on it (they play wiffle ball in the neighborhood together).

Hi ladies..

Beth: It is hard to watch. I hated watching him strike out. The pitchers on the other team were pitching slower then usual. So, he was swinging early expecting faster....Oh well. He pitched well and was on there; it made up for it. Saturday afternoon he had an AWESOME game. He had hits everytime at bat and his pitching was soooo good and he caught a fly ball in center field. It wasa diving catch that any pro would have been happy with...Everyone was talking about that catch. I was so proud of him and he was beaming from it.. Enjoy that stretch!!

Chris: Vic's parent live in Hermitage PA. I think it is around 325 miles from us...Takes us about 5 1/2 to 6 hours to get there depending on stops and traffic...I don't look forward to the ball work. Yesterday I skipped those pikes on the ball that were in the ab work. I am not good with those. I did some crunches while she did the pikes. Normally I give them a try. I just wasn't up to it yesterday..Enjoy the movie and the birthday lunch and cake...Sounds like fun. Enjoy your workout today, too...Are you taking a rest day tomorrow since it is your birthday? or will you tackle one?

Back to lessons....

I hate those pikes on the ball!

Good luck with disc 20, Chris. I'm so curious about what it is -- I'll go look in a minute. Yes, you did tell us about Iron Man 2 -- so funny that that's how you want to spend your birthday! Hope it's a good one. I know Travis will want to see it, but I think it is probably too intense for Dylan.

Well, Travis is home sick today. It means he is missing the last day of STAR testing (our state testing). He will have to make it up next week. Tomorrow is the jogathon and I sure hope he is better for that because he would hate to miss it!! He is just sitting like a lump -- very quiet. The longer I sit here, the queasier I get, so maybe there is something! Ug!

Joanne, I caved and ordered that bosu set -- you haven't done any yet, have you?

Hey again...

I finished STS DIsc 20, Legs. It is from Meso 2. Trisets. I actually kind of LIKED it, lots of variety, and different moves. Each triset had one kind of plate move in it. My buttocks are going to be in rough shape tomorrow, I do think!. I did the extended stretch afterwards. Ah!

Kathy: That's a big drive! That's about how long it took us to get to PA. Maybe a bit longer. You're staying just the weekend? ... I usually just do roll ins instead of the pikes on PUB too. I can sometimes get out 2 or 3 pikes, but I'm sure they are in crappy form..,.. Oh my , no rest day tomorrow! Guess what I'm going to do for cardio? My favorite thing. I'll give you ONE guess!!

Beth: You don't love Robert Downey Jr? How can that be? ... I'd watch him in anything. I remember falling in love with him when he was on Ally McBeal. And something about the "bad boy" thing gets me too. Like Kiefer Sunderland. Love him too! .... Poor Travis! I hate when they're sick. he's got a stomach bug? I hate when they miss good stuff at school. God, it broke my heart that Zach had to miss the entire last week of school last year with the flu. Hope he's better before tomorrow!!! AND YOU TOO!! NO getting sick!!!

Hey Joanne and Hottie!! Where are you guys today?

Better go putter. Would you believe, I have to make ANOTHER baked dessert for Jake's teachers tomorrow. You'd think those poor teachers would be sick of eating all week! Or at least maybe have a HEALTHY day of food? whaterver, they're getting Paula Deen brownies, just like Alex's teachers. :p

I KNEW you'd be running tomorrow when Kathy asked you that! :) Hope it's a good one. I love the trisets!! Good thing you did a longer stretch afterward!

I do like Robert Downey, Jr., actually. I guess I'm not a huge Iron Man fan is all. I completely forgot about him being on Ally McBeal! You know what's hilarious about that? Larry and I are working our way through Ally McBeal at the moment. Starting from season 1..... it's been really fun and we had forgotten a lot of it. But, the really amazing thing is how many episodes there were in a season back then before the writers decided to strike all the time! It goes on and on (I'm not complaining!).

Yes, hopefully Travis will be fine tomorrow. I think he's ok.... not 100%, but not horrible.

Hi ladies. I'm here, just checking in late!! Wanted to get my workout in before I checked in. I was afraid I would say I was going to do it, not do it and then have to come back and say I was a wimp! ;) So, I had planned to sleep in today and run during lunch. Of course I woke up at 4:48 am and couldn't go back to sleep. So, got some laundry done, made lunches, did some more picking up around the house, ironed. It was weird not being rushed and ready to leave when DH walked in the door. Anyway, I did itread 11 - 40 minutes on the treadmill. Wow, that was a tough one! No walking breaks! Well, I took a few, but I had to or I would have keeled over. I really need to build up my running endurance again, especially since I signed up for two 5K's in the next month. What was I thinking??

Beth, I haven't tried any of the Bosu workouts yet. Did you get the big discount? I'm so glad they offered that, cause it's just two discs packaged together. $100 seems way, way overpriced. I might try Keli's sometime in the next couple days. Mindy's scares me if it's anything like her other two Bosu workouts! Hope Travis is feeling better soon and that you don't get it! Sometimes those flu bugs are just 24 hour things. Hmmm...a stretch sounds so nice! I'm feeling really "unstretched". Any news on your mom? Keeping her in my prayers...

Chris, ya know, I've never done that extended stretch. Need to try it. I know, you are going for a run on your birthday, right?? ;) When do you expect BBL to arrive?? Oh, I love Robert Downey, Jr., too! Always thought he was hot!! I, too, would watch anything with him in. So glad that he has gotten his life back together. Wow, lots of baking going on in your house. Must smell really yummy!! :)

Kathy, oh, I hate it too, when the kids don't do well in sporting events. Only because it makes them upset. Sometimes it is just excruciating to watch. But if Chris pitched really well, he should be proud! Stop the other team from getting runs is just as important as scoring! That sounds like a long car ride! At least there's no toddlers or babies to entertain! I remember those days - ugh!

Colin's soccer team won again last night. He scored the only goal and of course, I missed it. :( I couldn't get there till the second half. He has another game tonight. Then his travel soccer team is in a tournament this weekend. He has a game Friday night, Saturday and two on Sunday. Why do they schedule these things on Mother's Day weekend? We don't have any plans, but I want to do something with my mom. I'll probably skip the last game Sunday. No CCD, though!! Woo-hoo!! Tomorrow morning is Colin's student of the year breakfast. He is very excited. DH was joking with him that he could rent a tuxedo. Colin was all for it. I was like, "um, no".

Well, we had a burial for Antwoine last night (our fish). This is kind of gross, but I had put him in a plastic bag yesterday on the back porch. Well, it was really warm yesterday and you can guess what happened. He got a bit, shall we say, ripe? We had all our kids out front and the neighbors from across the street. About 12 of us. Jameson dug the hole. DH carries him out on a plate and everyone was like "ewww" and holding their noses. It was really quite comical! I stayed far away when I realized he was not smelling like roses. ;) He was about six inches long and quite fat in his day. ;) The kids took turns piling the dirt on him (while holding noses). I wouldn't be surprised if something dug him up overnight - I forgot to check this morning.

OK, sometimes I don't understand kids. Colin has been complaining every Wed. morning when he has to get up early for morning band. Says he hates it - doesn't want to go. I mean, writhing on the floor crying type of complaining. I told him just finish out this year, you don't have to do it next year. So, yesterday I ask him if he's sure he doesn't want to do it again next year. He tells me he wants to do it. What?? Crazy kid. Next year will be two days a week of writhing on the floor complaining he doesn't want to go!

Must go now before I bore you all any more!!

Joanne

I don't have a ton of time , but I just wanted to say, I LMAO at your fish story, Joanne!!! It sounds like something right from that TV sitcom, The Middle! (Although that show really replicates my life in scary ways!).

I think TM running with a program is way harder than outdoors or marathon running. You'll do great! Just get runs in a few times a week.

Gotta go, I'm so tired, my nose hurts bad from blowing it all day too. :confused:

P.S. BBL came today from UPS!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.