May 09 Check in Wednesday 13th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning everyone...

Hope everyone is well today!!

Today's workout for me is probably going to be a FIRM cardio and maybe some abs. I was thinking of doing FIRM's bootcamp: maximum calorie burn and an abs selection..

Be back later...

Good Morning Kathy!

From last night: I gotcha on the rest of the month plan for you. I'm going to start that Circuit City SEPT 07 next week (with my own variations as needed), and then plan on doing a GS and/or S&H and/or 4DS rotation, depending on what I find.

Beth: Wow..you had someone cooking Thai food for you last night? You outdo my suppers EVERY time! :p Holy crap on getting taken on VF exchange!! I remember I got scammed on an Ebay Turbo Jam, it makes you feel so violated, doesn't it? B*stards!!

I'm going to try to go visit with my mom this morning, and then afterwards do a bike ride or perhaps a run! It's supposed to be so nice today, sunny , 70's. Gotta take advantage of that!

BBL!!

Happy birthday to Vilma, Happy Birthday to Vilma, Happy Birthday dear Vilmaaaaaaa.... happy birthday to youuuuuuuu!!!! :p Like my singing? It's today, right? Did you get breakfast in bed?

Kathy, how was that firm boot camp? I don't know that one -- sounds fun. Chris, did you enjoy your run?

You're right, Chris! That familiarity with back and chest was good this morning! The only thing that threw me was when I got to the incline work I realized I had no idea how to configure the new incline risers! Got that figured out and hooo-boy what a difference they make!!! I was able to go heavier!!! It just feels so much safer. Loved it. So, a good workout -- I'm feeling strong.

I don't have my usual stay at home Wed. -- I've got to go interview someone for work so will take care of other errands when I'm in town -- hope I have time to come home and do some cleaning though!

Oh, yes, thai food.... it was fantastic! These are our friends, Dave and Allison, who are helping us with the garden. They are amazing cooks/chefs -- they know so much and they really do the work -- their food is always so good, and the kitchen is always such a mess! :D Actually, they're pretty good about cleaning as they work, too.

ok, gotta get on with it -- it is a long workout, as Joanne reminds me. ;)

Hottie, how's your foot???

-Beth

Hi ladies!

Vilma - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Beth - you'd be proud. I was so tempted to put off the chest and back workout today - but I got up and did it, and enjoyed it! Can't say I'm bummed that there are only two more chest and back workouts to go, though. ;) So sorry to hear about the scam. I saw something about that on VF and remembered you said you did some trading. I don't know how someone can walk around with something like that on their conscious. (sp?) I guess they don't have one. Karma is all I can say!! Wow, that dinner sounds fabulous! I need some friends like that!

Chris, take advantage of that nice weather. We had it earlier this week and now it's raining all day today. I think I'm going to do circuits, kickboxing and running after I finish STS and then at least a couple weeks of CTX Lean.

Kathy, is that a newer Firm? Let us know how you like it. The kettlebell DVD is a Lauren Brooks one and I can't remember the title now, but it was very long. I think it started with "on the edge". Anyway, PM me your address and I'll be happy to send it along. No hurry at all on returning it - I don't even own a kettlebell!

Colin decided he wanted to join the band next year, which is good. It's nice to see him interested in something other than soccer! The band teachers came to his school yesterday and recommend he play the tuba. Yikes! I'm not sure if that means we'll be buying a tuba.

Caitlyn's allergy testing came back and she's highly allergic to hazelnuts - no surprise there. At least we know for sure, though. They tested her for a few other things which were all negative. She was very excited to eat a PB&J sandwich when we got the results! So, now we have epi-pens which I hope to never have to use.

I'm planning to do an itread during my lunch today if my motivation doesn't wane by then. ;)

BBL...

Joanne

Ok, I haven't worked out yet. BUt, I wanted to say:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VILMA!!!!! Hope you have a great day!

Oh and that FIRM is a newer one. Not as intense as older FIRMs and definitately not as tough as a Cathe workout. But, I thought I would go a little less intense after the terminator one yesterday!!

Be back later..

Ohhhhh!!!

To you Vilma!!
Enjoy the heck out of today!

Oh wow.. I just got back from my bike ride to the park, ran for 30 minutes, and biked around and back for 80 minutes total!! Though my legs and butt were talking to me, I felt like a million bucks! Seriously, I rode around the park after my run with this big geeky smile on my face (in my helmut, picture how geeky I looked!!). it's sooo beautiful and sunny out... and the flowers, and the birds... It's what heaven must be like!

My mom wasn't home this morning, so I'm doing things backwards..

Beth: for liking Chest & back today!!! I did the same thing with the slanted risers! :eek:... Oh yeah, my haircut is tomorrow!

Joanne: We are supposed to get rain tomorrow...but then back to nice. I like your plan for circuits/running/KB'ing after STS! I was debating on buying CLX, but I'm not such a big fan of compound weightlifting moves. Is that what it's all like? Doing lower and upper body weights together? I think I'd instead want to get more of TJ style stuff. ... Oh my God, the tuba? LOL! The band is so good for them though! I'm sure you can rent one! Glad that Caitlyn's allergy tests came back! At least its JUST hazelnuts. But you /she has to be careful about those weird packaged foods. You never know!

okay... my mom isn't home... might not make it there today :(

Hi ladies..

Chris: Way to go on that bike ride and run!! Hi 5s to you!! It is a beautiful day here today too..

Just finished up with FIRMs bootcamp: maximum calorie burn. It was a pretty good workout. It included an ab section. So, I did not add anything extra..Now, it is shower time, lunchtime and then the kids have PE class and CCD this afternoon...Thank goodness no ball games or practices tonight!!

Wow, Chris, that's awesome!! 80 minutes! Sounds so fun. The first phase of CLX is compound moves, but not at the same time, if that makes sense. You'll do a squat, come back up and do a bicep curl, so you're not doing both moves at the same time. The second phase is Push and is just one exercise at a time with heavy weights. I believe Lean is the traditional kind of compound moves. I'm going to try that out after STS and before my other plan! I know - I've become neurotic about checking labels now. I can't imagine how moms and kids with severe peanut allergies do it.

I just finished itread 5-60 minutes. Felt great! Now I just have to make sure I don't eat back all the calories I just burned. ;)

Ok, the description of you on the bike reminds me of the Friends episode where Phoebe is running and she runs like a total geek, but she seems so happy! That's my recollection anyway. Does anyone remember it?

I'm so annoyed at my coworkers who called me in from my errands to go to an early lunch and we're all just still sitting around! I could have done my errand. Oy, what a schedule I have...... :p

Yay, Joanne! You did it! Didn't you feel accomplished when you were done?

-Beth

Happy birthday to Vilma, Happy Birthday to Vilma, Happy Birthday dear Vilmaaaaaaa.... happy birthday to youuuuuuuu!!!! :p Like my singing? It's today, right? Did you get breakfast in bed?

-Beth

Yuppers my birthday was today - 42 years young :p Love your singing Beth :)

No breakfast in bed but something a hellva alot better - I was at a day spa for the entire day and got pampered to the extreme. My dd surprised me with her birthday gift to me and dh helped her out with it also - so I guess you can say it was a birthday gift from the both of them.

I never ,ever had anything like it and it was so wonderful and like the massage therapist said a lil piece of heaven - oh my!!!

Here is a linky dink to where I was at all day today :p

I got the stone oil masagges for 75 min long - a european facial, my hair cut and styled I now am sporting a chin length style they cut off about 6-8 inches from my hair and I almost panicked but it looks so healthy and thick now - go figure lol. My hair was always down my back just past my ribs so the weight is gone lol. Plus a parrafin pedi /mani Oh it was such bliss. My dd took me and she was so excited to gift me this day bless her heart . She told me that I never take time out for me and wanted to do something speacial for her mami - I started crying.

It's been a wonderful day and now I'm babbling because dh broke out the bubbly oy !

Thank you so much my lovely friends for wishing me a happy birthday - this one was topping a big surprise and just wonderful plus the birthday cake oy.

Beth
I am so sorry about your bad trade. I think thats why I don't do trades anymore...back in the day early 2000's I traded quite a bit under a former name I think I was just PRMami back then but still hearing about all the bad trades just scare me off.

If I ever wantto get rid of some of my workouts I may mention to you all here or attempt amazon - I don't trust ebay anymore either.

Sending you a big hug for all that trouble you've dealt with that darn person :mad: You sure don't deserve that - actually nobody does.

Oy time for bed - week 2 for Lean starts tommorow looking forward to it

Pardon me if my speeling is off or if I don't make much sense I'm a bit tippsy :eek::p at the moment .

picture.php

Last edited:
Vilma! What a wonderful day, and so sweet of your daughter to do that and realize you needed that day. I almost cried just reading it! I would love to see pics of your new haircut if you feel like posting them. I'm so glad you had such a nice day.

Thanks to all of you for the kind words about the bad trade -- you know, it's so funny. I almost never look at the trades there, because I just know there isn't going to be anything I like -- and more than trying to get rid of my stuff, it's about me trying to find something good. Well, like I said, I should have known better -- nobody ever trades Cathes! But really, because I never do this, I just sort of have a strange feeling that somehow this was meant to teach me some sort of lesson about not being so trusting, and that maybe this little lesson has saved me from some bigger mistake I might have made. My husband would think I'm crazy for this kind of thinking, but, still, there you go.... somehow it feels like it happened for a reason. It did finally get me to become a vf supporter, because the people have been so kind, and Wendy's really trying to help us sort through it. I always meant to send her some money, and finally this made me really do it, so... there was some good that came from it.

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.