May 09 Check in Tuesday 5th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning everyone...

Hope your day is wonderful!

My workout today will be Rhythmic Step..I love this workout and look forward to working out after I finish with the kids lessons..Busy afternoon! The kids have their drawing lessons and then Lauren has softball practice. That is if the rain that we are suppose to get today doesn't come!

Anyway, be back later..

Happy cinco de mayo, all! It's my friend's favorite holiday -- I always think of her on this day. Sometimes I send her a birthday card for fun, because she always thought it would be great to be born on this day and have a built-in birthday party every year. She is fun.

I did yoga this morning in anticipation of starting meso 3 tomorrow with Joanne -- that is, if you are still up for it. How's your back/neck feeling? Yoga was perfect this morning -- last night I was feeling sore not in a good way -- in a "hovering-on-the-brink-of-injury" way. My back felt like it wanted to spasm, my sore glute was really bad. Feeling much more bettah now!

I'm trying to be better with my eating -- how often do I say that?! I'm reading "The Sugar Addict's Guide to Total Recovery" or whatever it is called -- by the same woman who wrote "Potatoes not Prozac". I had a baked potato before I went to bed last night and I cannot believe how soundly I slept for the first part of the night!! Wow.

Have a great day!! Kathy, I hope you don't get rained out, if that's what you want. ;) We have more rain here again today, but I think this is the last day, probably, until next fall/winter. It's late for us to be having rain, but it'll keep it green just a little longer.....

-Beth

Good Morning Girls!
snoozer_11.gif

It's rainy cloudy and cool here, supposed to be that for most of the week, today being the worst day. It really kinda drags ya down. But I do have some cooking/baking to do for Teacher Appreciation Week this week, so it's good weather for THAT I guess!

I just got done with Rhythmic Step. Great fun steady state step, isn't it? I always get the feeling I'm flying when i do that workout. I'm going to try to do abs later because I have a tighter day tomorrow (gotta bring my mom to a doc appt).

This morning was tough. My 9 yr old threw a horrible fit at the busstop. He had asked for a tennis ball to take to school. Actually DEMANDED a tennis ball for school. Told me and DH, "Give me a tennis ball now or I'm not going to school". Not the way to get what you want. And of course he threw a throw down hissy-fit when he was told he wasn't going to get one. *sigh*

Kathy: Guess you're getting the rain too. The grass is sure green and long here though! Hope you have fun with RS!

Beth: Glad the yoga helped out your soreness. What made you sore? Lalofit? A baked potato before bed? That sounds gross! LOL! What did you put on it? I really focused on my eating last week too. the weekend was "so-so", could have been better, could have been worse. I'll do well this week, except, for tomorrow. The boys are having a little early bday party for me and I always get a cake from the Italian bakery. What can I say. I love cake!

Got a bunch to do, Walmart, a few stops at different stores ... I don't want to go out in the rain! !!!!

I'm not sure what made me so sore!

The baked potato was great! I put olive oil, salt, & pepper on. I remember your italian bakery cake from last year -- oh my gosh.... I cannot remember when I joined this check-in with you guys, but it was obviously more than a year ago now! Wow.

I have to make "punch" for our teacher appreciation thing. Sort of funny for me, since the only thing I really drink with calories is milk or alcohol! :p Maybe I should take them a big pitcher of zip-fizz!!! :D

-Beth

Hi girls!!

Kathy and Chris, I love Rythmic Step, too. Except when I do it, I can't get that one song that seems to play over and over during it out of my head!!

Beth, yep, I'm still up for starting Meso 3 tomorrow. I'm thinking I might squeeze the workouts a bit closer together, though, to get back on a Mon., Wed., Friday schedule for STS. We'll see. But I'll be doing Plyo Legs Friday for sure. Most of my cardio will be running, since I signed up to run a 5K on Memorial Day. Yesterday I was like, OMG, that's only three weeks away! I better get my butt in gear! Happy cinco de mayo to you too! It would be a fun day to have a birthday! What's the science behind the baked potato and sleeping better? I had three chocolate mint Ghiradelli squares before I went to bed!! ;) Probably would have been better off with a potato!

I keep trying to be better with eating, too, but obviously it's not going so well! See the paragraph above! ;)

Chris, when is your birthday? I knew it was coming up this month. My DH's is the 16th. Oh, we've had those days with meltdowns, too! I feel your pain!

Any special Mother's Day plans? None at our house that I know of! The kids always make fun things at school for me. This year Caitlyn's class is hosting a "spa" for the moms on Friday. They are going to do our hair and nails. I thought that was a really cute idea.

Today's workout was itread 15. I actually went four miles! Not too bad.

We heard from the insurance company that they are totalling my car. Not a surprise. I'm happy with what they offered us, but DH isn't. He just put a bunch of money and time into fixing it. But it gives us some money for a down payment on something else.

Lots to do here....

Joanne

Hey again...

I guess your baked potato sounds good, Beth, just not such a bedtime snack thing though... LOL! I know, it's crazy, we've been checking in for a while here, huh? Zip-fizz punch!! LOL!!! The teachers will all be wondering why they're all so full of energy! For tomorrow, I'm making a Guacamole Dip and melba rounds to go with it, and for Zach's school on Friday, I'm making the Paula Deane Brownies! Though I think I may do one batch with Reese Cups! :eek:

Joanne: "just do it now"..is that the song from RS? That is so cool you signed up for a 5K!!! I'm pissed that it's supposed to rain all week here, I wanted to run more, damnit! I guess I could run in the rain... NOT! I hate soggy feet! 3Dark Choc mint squares is eating bad?? BAHAHAHA! I got you WAY beat, Joanne, but let's not go there!! My birthday is the 7th, Thursday. Mother's Day is a bust this year. I have to work, as usual, and DH is working the weekend through, so we'll have a sitter 2 nights. Sucks. But it's okay. As long as it's not like LAST year... We ALL had the stomach flu! It was horrible!.. My younger 2 will probably make me something sweet at school too. I love that stuff! What kind of car will you be getting?

Okay, off to change Zach's insulin pump site and wait for the other 2 boys to come home They are going to be BATTY, because it's raining out and they can't play outside...

Alright Joanne, let the DOMs begin! :D And as for the 5k, you will be fine!!! You just ran 4 miles today -- that's more than a 5k. You'll do great. I thought about doing a girls on the run 5K on the 16th, but we'll have friends spending the night at our house, so I just don't think it's realistic for me to think I could get out of the house and do it. There's a run right up the street from us that's in July that I'm sure Travis and I will do together.

Chris, I thought about making the paula brownies for the teachers! I told the woman in charge I would bring a dessert, but somehow that got translated into I will bring anything you need, and by the time I got around to figuring that out, punch was what she needed. They do a "spa day" for our teacher appreciation day, and it's Friday! They bring in people to give them massages (maybe just foot massage, I'm not sure), and the parents bring in food and decorate. It's a very popular event. Sure wish I could just make the brownies......

Oh, the science behind the potato..... the author believes that we crave sweets and carbs because our seratonin (SP?!) out of whack, so she wants you to eat plenty of protein and complex carbs at each meal (three a day), plus a potato (with skin) and NO protein right before you go to bed. Theoretically that will help boost your seratonin and you will function better, crave less. I'm willing to give it a shot! I'll let you know if it really works.....

-Beth

Betha, awww, go ahead and make the brownies too! I'm sure the teachers will appreciate them! I brought in bagels and cream cheese yesterday for our teacher appreciation week. Is this a national thing? I'm surprised we all have the same week for teacher appreciation! I'm trying to think of something extra special to do for Caitlyn's kindergarten teacher. All my kids have had her and she is just wonderful. I love her to pieces and I'm sad that we won't have any more kids going through her class. Caitlyn has been drawing her pictures and writing her notes this week. I hope she appreciates them! Definitely let us know if the plan you are following works.

OK, Chris, confession....the three little dark chocolate squares were certainly not the extent of my bad eating...that was just before going to bed! There was much more damage before that during the day, so don't feel bad! I don't know what that song is, but it sounds like they are singing "rhythmic L" over and over. I actually have ran in the rain and it was great! Keeps you cool. Not more than a drizzle, though. I know what you mean about soggy feet though - that's no fun! Hopefully the rain will let up a bit at some point.

Not sure what kind of car we are getting. We need something that seats six since our other car has over 150,000 miles on it. I'm sure it won't be around much longer. It's a suburban, so that's our family car. I'd prefer to get just a regular car, but we need something we can all fit in if the other one dies. So, I guess it's an SUV or a van. I really don't want a van, so we're looking at SUV's. We'll probably get something a couple years old - they are just sooo expensive and I don't want a huge car payment! We negotiating with our insurance company on what they'll give us for my car (it's totalled) - then we'll start looking.

Time to get ready to go home...

Have a great evening all!

Joanne

The teacher appreciation must be a national thing. Usually they do tell us something to have the kids do each day (write a note, draw a picture, bring in a flower, etc.), but this year nothing like that came home, so I've had the kids do nothing -- isn't that awful?! I also love Dylan's teacher -- she "looped" so she was his teacher last year for kindergarten and now this year for first. We'd love to have her "loop" again, but I know that won't happen. We were pretty lucky to get her twice!! I suppose I could still make those brownies -- I just saw the list of people making desserts and it did seem a bit much....

If you could pick up a couple of year old Honda Odyssey, you might like that. I know, it's still a van, but the people we know who have them absolutely love them.

-Beth

Beth: Wow, punch is a far cry from "dessert"! Ya, I'd bring the brownies too! Hmmmm.. that potato theory sounds interesting. I do eat protein before bed , FF Greek Yogurt w/ frozen fruit. That MUST be my problem (NOT the crap I eat all weekend long! LOL! :p)...

Joanne: You made me LOL at the song that sounds like "Rhythmic L", I think I know which one you mean! Eek on the confession. Well, I bet we could could have a field day comparing eats then! LOL!!

Ooops! Homework time! gotta run...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.