May 09 Check in Tuesday 19th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

Starting us off on this beautiful Tuesday morning (at least here it is!)..Hope everyone is having a great morning so far..

Today I have a busy afternoon. Chris has his kids for Jesus club meeting this afternoon and Lauren has her drawing lessons. They are both being tested today too (I have to test for learning at the end of each school year) They usually pass with ease; thank goodness!

Workout for me is going to be Low Impact Circuit...I think it has been awhile since I did this one..Looking forward to it!!

Be back later...

Hey Kathy! Hey Girls!

It is shaping up to be a gorgeous week here! I'm so excited!

I'm still shaking off the sleepies. I stayed up later than usual, and of course, was up twice for Zach's blood sugar checks. So my head is tired,... plus I cried like a baby last night when I finished the book I was reading (Dewey, the Small Town Library Cat). And my eyes feel hungover from all that sobbing. Therepeutic, I guess, but exhausting...

Today I'm going to do a premix from KPC (Kicking & Punching & the abs) and then go out for a run afterwards to the park

Kathy: Have fun with LIC! I might even do that one tomorrow instead of HSC. Let me know what you think!

Hottie: Holy CRAP, your day sounded crazy busy crazy yesterday!! Didn't you guys have an earthquake there yesterday too? I can't believe you ran around AND got IMAX2 in as well! Your foot did ok with it? I love the name Eevee! so cute!

Beth: Glad your son's rash is better. Heat rash makes sense, you did say it's been extra hot there. I hadn't read about going back to Meso 1 and having a hard time! Interesting! I bet that would be me too. In fact, yesterday's push-ups, even thought they weren't NEAR as many as Meso 1, were very challenging to me! But I guess that's all good, If the workouts were "easy" we'd have no challenge or benefit, right?

okay..off I go!

Good morning! Our fog is back in -- so it's cool and sort of back to normal. I have a rest day today, so I hit the snooze alarm forever and then finally got up and did a netflix Sara Ivanhoe 20 minute yoga -- something about power sweat, and if people sweat during that, well, I just don't know how that could happen! :p But she got in some decent stretching in that amount of time.

I'm tired this morning -- not yet awake, so I'll bbl.

-Beth

Morning all! I woke up well before the alarm without a headache or pain in my foot so I actually moved around to have a decent breakfast...Joe's still in bed after hitting the snooze button again. Joe snapped another Cathe band yesterday and he felt terrible. I had called Altus and ask them replace the band that got a hole because it seemed to me to be a defect so instead of sending just the one band they sent me the whole box. (Joe had managed to snap the other band but I thought it was because there was a hole in it and I forgot to tell him about it...how he doesn't notice these things I don't know, but he does). Anyway, he felt TERRIBLE about in the middle of MM and stopped using the bands. I told him later that I didn't want his workout to suffer and that I was ok with it but then he was like, yeah, the band work is also killing me so it works out. Oh. Ok. Well then.

I just weighed myself...it's way easier to diet/exercise when you see quick results like that. Though, I think now it was all just water weight that wouldn't shrug off at first...but if its the water weight that really motivated me to get it done, bless it. Today, I'm on campus for quite a bit (though I may have to pull a drive home for dinner and come back in the evening to finish up experiment thing). I'm going to drop by on the elliptical at the gym and just do some freestyle lifting. If I have time at home, I'll put something in for 30 minutes.

Kathy -- Man, I love that workout. Enjoy it! I'm sure your kids will break the curve on those exams.

Chris -- oh right, that earthquake. It was seriously nothing where I was. The only thing that seemed to shake was the china cabinet in the room we were in and I was smart enough to make Joe bolt it to the wall once we put it in place. The house is so old that it doesn't need to be retrofitted but its also survived some of the craziest quakes. Within two weeks of me moving to CA ten years ago, we had the worst quake in a while and since it was my first one, all the others seem small. Have fun with KPC! I don't have that one but from everything I hear it rocks!

Beth -- I love (read: hate) the microclimates of northern CA. SF was so weird with it! But I like the fog up there, cooling everything down. Have you ever done the yoga in a super hot rooms? That's the only yoga I know when peole really sweat but it is INSANE...

ok, off to wake up Joe...

Hi ladies!! Feeling kind of icky today - think it's TOM related, or PMS I should say. I was not nice to my family this morning! They'll forgive me though, they love me. ;)

Good think it's a scheduled rest day. I actually got eight hours of sleep last night, but felt tired and shaky this morning. Weird.

I know, I'm a bit nervous about the football. But, I put it off last year, so I had to give in this year. The one thing that makes me feel better is Colin is really fast. He's tall, but thin, so I doubt they'd use him as a linebacker, most likely a running back. So as long as he can catch the ball and run fast enough so that no one can catch him he should be OK. ;)

Beth, glad Dylan's rash is better. Yea, I guess you have to be in a hot room for yoga to make you sweat!

Hottie, how cool about the dog!! Yes, pictures, please! Wow, just reading about your day yesterday made me tired! Just wait till you have kids - it's get better. ;)

Chris, you're too funny - crying over the book!! That would me, too. Have fun with your run!

Kathy, I love LIC - one of my favorites!

Still debating whether to continue with STS or start Lean. I keep hearing about circuits being best for weight loss and that's what I need! I did pretty good with eating yesterday. Not perfect, buy way better than I've been doing.

Have to run do some work...have a great day all!

Joanne

Hey again!...

So I did the KPC Premix and then took a little breaky-poo, and then went to the park for a run! Very nice! My legs are sore though. It's funny, when i first started running, I could run for 1-1.5 hours at a time! I just don't see myself doing that these days...

Beth: The yoga sounds nice! AND the sleep! I'm not into the yoga that makes you sweat. I like the Namaste stuff, which is mostly stretching out..

Hottie: That's crazy that those band broke so easily! Doesn't sound right. I thought it was more after repeated use. I understand about the scale going down and how it is motivating, no matter WHAT the cause! .... I guess you get used to "anything" in that earthquakes don't bother you so much anymore! We get a few here once in a while too. Nothing as big as you guys though!

Joanne: Sorry about PMS/TOM. Ick Ick Ick! ... You're on Meso 3 , right? Just finish it!!!.. You can build a little more muscle and then do circuit style to lose the weight to SHOW those muscles you've built. That's MY theory. I ate better over the weekend too. I made better choices. I probably ate too much, but instead of chocolate or PB, I ate cereal/milk , salad, and oatmeal instead. I felt like I did better... I'm "into" eating better more during the week, THIS week, anyways. .... Hope you feel better!!

Hottie, sounds like you had a great morning and are definitely back into the working out groove -- good for you!

Yes, I've done bikram yoga (90 minutes at 100+ degrees). That was really my introduction to yoga, and I really did like it, but it was just too time consuming!!

I honestly do like the microclimates -- it keeps things interesting for me! And I love the fog!

Joanne, I think you should stick with meso 3 -- we're halfway there, afterall! I'm really getting excited about doing some circuits and back to kettlebells once a week, but I can hang in there for two more weeks. Don't you want to know you've done the whole thing? :)

-Beth

OK, Beth and Chris - you've convinced me! I can't let my check-in buddies down!! I'm going to finish Meso 3! I guess the muscles will still be there under all this fat! ;)

spoke too soon about those quakes, eh? This one was much bigger -- I just cursed as it happened because it was so unexpected. But we're fine, we'll see about the house when we get home...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.