May 09 Check in Tuesday 12th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Looks like a beautiful day here so far..The sun is shining nicely..

Not sure what workout I will do today...So, I will check back in with that later..

Beth: Thanks for the help last night on the kettlebells..I will check out those videos and see if I can take a class or something around here to see if I like them or not. They look great and it seems they would be a great crosstrainer..

Anyway, time to get the kids started on their school lessons for today!!

Be back later..

Good Morning Kathy and all to follow today!

balloons.gif

I'm feeling the need for some bigtime cardio, I'm stressing from the car shop's bill for "maintaining" my Durango this morning.
confused0078.gif

I'm planning on 30 or so minutes of something at home (maybe LIS or HIS) and then a run at the park later with my iPod and me! Oh, some ab work too!

Kathy: Let us know what you end up doing for a workout, good plan on the kettlebells...

mayi.gif

BBL!

Good morning! Glad to hear the weather is better, Kathy. Enjoy your workout, whatever it ends up being, and Chris, enjoy your run! Sounds like you need a good one.

I did yoga this morning -- felt good!

Oh, Kathy, I can get you the name of that kbell workout if you want. I do think you'd like them for a change -- it's great cardio that works your legs in a different way.

-Beth

Hey I just briefly peeked ahead -- are all the upper body workouts in meso 3 identical? It looks like the second week matches the first on a quick glance. I could see how that might get a bit old (especially doing a six month rotation). Wonder why they gave multiple copies of identical dvds? Maybe I'm imagining things......

-Beth

Hi girls!

From yesterday (what I can remember!) - Chris, I hate when my kids forget stuff like that, too. Or, when I remind my DH that they need to be somewhere and they all totally forget! Something I've set up so I look like the goof! Vilma, yea on the Turbo Jam!! Which ones did you get? How fun if your daughter does it with you. Beth, hope you are having a better day today!!

Beth, you know I was looking at the workouts for the rest of Meso 3 (hoping there were some variations on chest presses and flyes!) and it did all look the same to me, too. I think the weights are increased and the reps decreased. I'm not looking forward to the chest and back tomorrow. I just don't like working those two muscle groups and especially for over an hour! I liked the shoulders, biceps and triceps. There does seem to be more variations on the leg workouts, though. But, of course, Chris and Kathy would know much more since they've finished!

Kathy, I have a kettlebell workout - I think it's Lauren Brooks - that I've never even opened. I just don't think I'll ever get the kettlebells. You're welcome to borrow it - even keep it if you like it. Just let me know.

Chris, have fun on that run. Good stress reliever! You reminded me I forgot to tell you all that we got a new car this weekend. Well, new to us! It's an 05 Dodge Durango with only about 32K miles on it. How do you like yours? I love it so far, although the gas gauge seems to go down really quick. :) Can I just say that I hate car shopping?!! So stressful - going to five different places with all four kids. We wound up buying the Durango at CarMax - the first place we went.

Today's workout was Amy's Kickbox Surge again. I really love this workout!! Great music and a good sweat. It's pretty easy to learn compared to some of her others.

We did go see Hannah Montana yesterday. I took Colin and Caitlyn. Caitlyn kept asking me if it started yet? ;) She still thought it was going to be some concert or something! It was OK - bearable! ;) Caitlyn was funny. Hannah/Miley of course meets a boy and has a crush on him. Everytime they were together Caitlyn would cover her eyes in case they kissed. I ate too much popcorn and chocolate covered raisins. I felt disgusting when we got home. Yuck! I think I learned my lesson.

Have a great day all!

BBL...

Joanne

What a weird workout for me! I started with Mindy Mylrea's Interval Express, Step cardio. I should know better than to try to jump into a new step workout that ISN'T Cathe. If it's Cathe, there is always familiar moves and names for moves. I just got thrown on Mindy's, though I think I'll like it when I get to take the time to preview it. I had to rewind once, did she REALLY say, "Are my nipples straight?" !!!! :eek: She is funny!

So I did about 9 minutes of it, and then threw in IMAX2, Interval Blast Premix. It was the blasts, without the step routines in the middle. kind of fun! and sweat producing! Lastly, I did Kathy Smith's Tummy Trimmers: Stability Ball, just for something different.

After a bit, I'll go out for a run...

Beth: Yeah for Yoga!! Yes , all the Meso 3 workouts are the same. Except you move up and down in weights and reps. You go from 8 reps, to even heavier for 6 reps. I actually LIKED the consistancy. I was able to set up my weights easier, knowing the moves. The exercises were familiar and I knew where I was going. In fact, that's what I liked MOST about 3! LOL! Plyo Legs does vary a little.

As much as I loved STS and hated it to end, I do feel good being off of it this week. And looking forward to doing different stuff. I do want to go back to it though, for sure!

Joanne: HURRAY for the Durango!! What color is it (that IS the most iimportant part!). I love the room you have in it, plus it has the rack on top , we throw our "Big Mac" thingie when we go on vacation! ... And yes, it SUCKS up gas awful. But that's the price you pay. We drive it only when we have all of us going somewhere. Otherwise, we take the Civic. .... Chest & Back are my least favorite too. esp. worked together. I loved Bi Tri Shoulders though!

Okay, better get off my duff. I wish I could chill all day, but there are parks to run in! :)eek:) and groceries to buy and supper to plan...

BBL!!!

Chris, yes, color is important! LOL! It's a very cool blue - not powder blue and not dark - kind of a bright blue. I wanted a red car, so DH actually had the salesman search to see if they had any red Durangos at other stores. So, yes, it is important!! We had to buy something that would fit all six of us and tow a boat since our Suburban has almost 160,000 miles on it. I doubt it will last much longer. Then we'll replace that with something smaller - this gas guzzling will kill us. HA - yes, Mindy does actually ask if her nipples are straight!! I have that workout and it's fun once you get the moves. She's not the best cuer. Hope you're enjoying your run...

Joanne

HI ladies..

I ended up doing Imax Xtreme off the terminator DVD..It was great. I skipped the few section she does with weights which only amounted to maybe 5 minutes of the whole workout. It was tough. But, I feel great now!!

I am off to take the kids to drawing lessons then softball and baseball tonight!!

Joanne: I would love to borrow it if you don't mind. Unless netflix has it..What is the full name of it? I only have watched the one kettlebell with amy bento. So, I am interested..Thanks...COngrats on that car. Sounds great!! Hubby wanted a red car too when he got his accord. He ended up with blue as well.

Beth: I am interested..I need opinions as I don't have any kettlebell stuff..I wish Cathe would do a workout with them! Like Chris said all the meso 3 are the same except those plyo legs...

Chris: Great workout!! I did mix of Imax 2 too with that terminator workout..Love it!!! I have a hard time with new instructors too...I think I am used to the way Cathe teaches...There is a definite learning curve..

Joanne, congrats on the car purchase! Nice to have it done, I'm sure. I can't imagine completing that transaction with kids in tow -- kudos to you!

I completely forgot the reps and weights change in meso 3 -- I wasn't really thinking about that so much, but was surprised to see the same sequence. Chris, maybe when I'm actually doing it, I'll be more like you and feel glad to have the familiarity.

Chris, it's so frustrating to have the start/stop workout experience -- at least there was some humor in it!! :)

Kathy, that Lauren Brooks one Joanne is offering up is a good one -- it's probably my favorite for doing dvds. The other good one I was thinking of was The Kettlebell Way, either volume 1 or volume 2, with Anthony D. and Beth Chamberlain. If you get into kettlebells and decide you want to do workouts on your own without dvds, let me know and I can send you a bunch.

I'm getting some good work done today -- yea! -- just taking a little lunch break.

-Beth

Kathy, I'll check tonight which DVD it is - I'm pretty sure it's Lauren Brooks. I've got to try Imax Extreme sometime - it looks tough!

Beth, I know - the kids in tow was not fun! I felt bad for them cause it was excrutiatingly boring for them! One dealer had free popcorn, so each one we went to they expected to have free stuff. I have to say Carmax was great - they got us out of there in under an hour once we decided on the car.

Hey again!

I made it back! God, my legs are so freakin sore, and I do NOT know why. I haven't done a leg workout since Plyo last Wednesday. It's disturbing, really. I did get to the park for my run, which I enjoyed, after I got used to the "pain" in my legs. I only did 30 minutes.

Joanne: Nice color! I know which one it is. A friend of mine has the red one. But "they" say that red cars are stopped more by police for speeding, because they look like they're going fast. So be happy with the blue! LOL! Yes, it can tow a lot, and carry alot. It's good for that! And I have always loved the looks of the Durango. It's "tough" ..Enjoy!... OMG, Mindy seems funny, I know I'm going to like that workout..

Kathy: IMAX extreme sounds "fun"!! LOL! Had you done it before? it's nice trying out different workouts for a bit. I'm looking forward to circuits next week. I saw that you are going to do them too! Do you have a rotation, or are just going to follow that theme you posted?

Beth: I do think you'll like Meso 3, even though it is repetitive. It's funny, because I know that alot of the MESO 3 STS workouts are spliced from others, so it's really the same footage, but I hardly even notice, because I'm lifting the WORLD and concentrating on pushing these monstrous weights UP UP UP! ... It is frustrating to start a workout, and then have to stop. But I had IMAX2 Premix in the back of my head that I wanted to do, so there wasn't much interuption. I'll have to work on that Mindy one! she's cute!

WAiting for the boys to come home, and then going to pick Zach up and then my Durango up. It was serviced. I won't even tell you how much it cost for MAINTENENCE , Joanne, this time around (It has 52,000 mi on it). I have these yummy smelling pork ribs (lean) in the Crockpot, simmering in a homemade BBQ sauce!... I'm getting hungry!!!

Chris, your dinner sounds really yummy, though I guess I can't complain because my excellent cook friends are here cooking thai food for us. Oh, and did you get your hair cut? Didn't you say you were going to do that? Do you like it? I'm way overdue, but my the front part is finally long enough to go into a ponytail, so I'm not excited about getting it cut again -- just like Cathe, I guess. :)

Joanne -- amazing that you were able to complete the car transaction that quickly!!

Oh, I didn't tell you guys -- it turns out I was scammed in the vf trade -- I should have known that nobody trades Cathes!!! Anyway, turns out this woman scammed something like 13 of us, so we're working on filing claims against her. The people over at vf have been very nice -- offering up other dvds and whatnot. I think everyone feels a little violated, because now everyone is nervous to trade.

-Beth

Beth: sorry to hear you were scammed..I hate it when people take advantage. It ruins it for those who truely want to trade..

Joanne: Thanks. I would like to borrow it...I put Lauren Brooks in at Netflix and nothing came up...Let me know I can pm you my address...I will get it back to you quick...

Chris: Yes, I have done IMAX xtreme before. It is a good one..No, I haven't picked a rotation. I thought I would try to wing it for the rest of the month..Are you going to follow a rotation? You probably mentioned it. But, I can't remember..

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.