May 09 Check in Friday 8th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Hi ladies..

Ok, now it really is Friday!! LOL

Today will be the last disc of STS..I can't believe that rotation is done already!!

Feeling those legs DOMS from Kickmax and plyo legs!!

Ok, be back later. Gotta get the kids up and lessons started!

Good Morning, Kathy!
Hey to everyone to follow..... :)

Today is busy, in a few minutes I'm off to a gastroenterologist appt, a PRE- colonoscopy office visit. After that I'm going to Alex's Poetry Reading at school. And then home to do the LAST STS DISC ... I can't believe it's over either.

Sad enough, I haven't lost any amt of weight with this rotation, all my own un-doing, since I don't think I ate clean enough. I DID however, get some new definition in my shoulders, arms and back! There's indents where I never knew there could be. So I guess that's got to be good enough for me...

Okay..off I go!
BBL after my workout...

Hi ladies, and happy Friday. I disappeared yesterday -- crazy Thursday piano lessons and all. I took my car to the car wash -- something I maybe never have done (it's a 2004). They suggested steam cleaning the carpets, which I know it needed all that -- it was a mini detail. I asked them how long it would take and it sounded like 45 minutes. I still had some other errands to do after before I would go and pick up the boys, but thought I could make it. Well, I sat there for well over an hour, and without doing any other errands I was late picking up the boys. I'm never late (well, three times a year maybe), so this is very traumatic for the boys. I tried calling everyone I knew so they could tell the boys what was up, but nobody picked up! By the time I got there (maybe 5 minutes late), Dylan was sobbing, thinking my car had been blown up. I told them I should be late on a regular basis so they don't worry so much!

On to workouts.... plyo legs! Wow! That was a tough workout for me. Chris, I could not relate to your comment about wanting more -- when it was done, I was DONE! Ay yi yi. Joanne, how did you do? Thought about you as I was jumping and huffing and puffing. And, I forgot you had told me you wouldn't be doing the cardio rotation -- how is your running going? I was planning to run tomorrow -- wonder how that'll feel after plyo?! As for Sunday -- my mom will be here, so there is a chance I may not workout, but I hope to. Maybe we won't be so in sync -- we'll see!

Hottie, too funny about the drinking game at the talk with the professors. How did your friend do? Bet she needed that bottle when she was done!!

Chris, when is the actual colonoscopy? Did I tell you that the last two Fridays were spent that way for Larry? I think so -- first the colonoscopy and then going in from top down -- endoscopy, maybe? They didn't find anything serious, but did find some stuff. He's going in Monday to find out more details of what he should be doing. I'd love to go, because he won't tell me all the stuff, and so it'll be hard to change anything, but his appt. isn't til 4:00 and I'll have kids to deal with by then, so I don't think it's happening. Anyway, good luck with it!!

Hope you all have a marvelous Friday. Waves to Vilma!

-Beth

Hi ladies!! Yea - it's Friday!! Oh, except for Chris. ;) It's a psuedo-Monday for you.

Beth, wow, Plyo Legs was hard!! I did do it once during Meso 1, so I had an idea of what to expect. I love it, though. I can see using these during other rotations. Hope everything is OK with Larry's results. I know what you mean - you have to be there with them cause you can't be sure they are getting all the details right. Oh, poor kids! I had to laugh a bit about Dylan thinking your car blew up! Running is going good, but I've only been doing it on the treadmill. I need to get outside - hopefully this weekend. I feel bad, though. I should take my dog with me cause she loves it, but she slows me down stopping for squirrels and various scents along the way. She knows when I'm going, too and dances all over until I get her leash on.

I woke up at 4:30 am and couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to go ahead and workout. Good thing, cause my DVD player decided to go all wacky on me. Cathe's head was on one side of the screen and her body on the other. Kind of freaky! I half-thought about trying to do the workout with Cathe all discombobulated (;)), but remembered we had disconnected a DVD player upstairs. So I dragged it down and connected it to the TV. Of course, that never goes smoothly, but I finally got it running after 30 minutes and did the workout.

Hottie, I laughed reading your post yesterday!! Hope your friend did well! How's the house coming along?

Chris, good luck with your appt. today. Do you have the colonoscopy scheduled yet? I had one many, many years ago and I have to say the prep was way worse than the test. You probably already know about it, but if not, you'll learn today. ;) I feel your frustration. I've actually gained weight on this rotation and it's totally my fault. I think my muscles may be tighter under all this fluff, but you can't see them! I was having a pity party for myself this morning - how the heck do you get a fat back?? UGH!

Kathy and Chris, congrats on finishing Meso 3 and STS!! So, what's up next? Chris, I saw you had requested a circuit rotation - are you going to do that sept 07 one?

I'm leaving work for my spa day at kindergarten early today. Two soccer games tomorrow and Sunday is free! I'm probably going to take my mom out shopping for Mother's Day.

Joanne

Ok, ladies, ready for this? My car wouldn't start when we were leaving (late!) this morning! I think my battery must have been on its final legs and all that leaving the door opened (light on) while detailing must have just killed it. Then I had short trips to pick up the kids, to piano, home, that just further killed it. I guess the good news is that it happened at home -- would have been much worse at school or work or whatever. So, we had to move everything to the other car and get to school late. I think they whoooshed in just before the time to be marked tardy. Whew! :)

Joanne, that's hilarious about doing your workout with a discombobulated Cathe! Sounds like something I would do. I have been waking up about 4:30 or so lately, too. It's annoying, isn't it? And I don't know what to tell you about your dog -- it's so sad that she knows you're going. Maybe you could take her out for a short warm-up and then circle around, drop her home, and do a real run????

And yes, STS ladies, congrats on finishing -- wow!!

Hope you enjoy(ed) spa day, Joanne!

-Beth

Hello Gals!

Oh man oh man - I had to finally sneak away from all my errands and just sit here and 'talk' with you all.

Boy I sure can use a day off (har har har - yeah right as if :confused: )

Kathy do you know what you plan on doing now that your rotation is done? Anything you would have done differently or learned as you went through STS?

Chris I saw that birthday cake as I took a quick peek at yesterday's post - man that sure looked yummy.

I know I'll have a birthday cake here soon but hopefully my family can swarm in and eat it before I get to a second slice. I so do not need any extra calories as I've been trying to be really good about my eating.

Beth
your Thursday sounds like a day out of my own schedule - thank goodness if I run late I can call older DD to get on home before the other two get off the schoolbus. My car so needs a serious detailing also but I just end up doing it all myself :rolleyes:

So it was an off day for you and the kids today?

Joanne
how funny about viewing Cathe's head on one side of the screen and her body on the other - freaky indeed.

Hope you are having a great spa day at the school :)

Waves to Hottie

Off I go to start prepping for dinner here- need to marinate some chicken breasts that I plan on grilling along with butterflying them and getting the salad started. Ah well it'll be good ;)

picture.php

Hi Girls!

The major "busy-ness" of my day is done. Went to my gastroenterologist appt. So easy and quick. And oddly enough, he is really easy on the eyes, and kind of a cutie! I feel a little weird about that! he was super nice and asked me what i didn't like about my last one (5 yrs ago). First, the go-lytely prep sucked, so he said I could take pills instead! (YAY!) and secondly I puked my guts out after the procedure, which he said was the Demerol, so he'd give me something else. Sweet! (well, not sweet, but better). It's scheduled for July 22nd. Joy joy.

I came home , puttered, and then off to Alex's Poetry reading. Very cute! Kids really are talented, aren't they?

And THEN home to do my last DISC 36 of STS. SHoulders, bi's and tri's. I'm going to miss it, but I'm also looking forward to shaking it up with a circuit rotation and of course, doing it over with you guys in a few months. Are we doing the 6 month rotation or 3.5?

Beth: Oh boy, what a crazy day yesterday! Too sad about your little guys being upset. And the battery today! Holy crap! But yeah, better at home to die, than somewhere in the middle of nowhere (though you are in the middle of nowhere, aren't you? LOL!) ....Oh no no no, Beth, I DID NOT have any desire to do Plyo Legs again after the first one! LOL!! This is after the 4th time that I felt that way!..I have to admit, the first Plyo of Meso 3 was the hardest for me. I just about keeled over. in fact, I reached "puke" status a few times. For some reason, they got better. ... Your DH has been throught the ringer, huh? That sucks you can't be there Monday. Maybe call the doctor's office later to find out details? Wonder if they'd do that.

Joanne: Actually TOMORROW is really "Monday" for me. LOL! this is more like "Sunday". we had a bad weather week here for running. It looks like next week will be better, which will be my "recovery week" after STS, and I hope to get in a few or more runs! I'll do only cardio, and then start Circuit the week after. .... That is CRAZY about the split up Cathe on the screen! EVen funnier if you did the workout like that! LOL!. ... yes, I also gained a few lbs. since STS. SLapped me in the face today at the doctor's office. Damn them for weighing me! :p I need to buckle down on eating big time. All I read on the boards is about eating being 80% of it and working out 20% of it, which is obviously so true. I have the same "firmness" under 'fluff' phenomenon. If I can lose a few lbs with this Circuit rotation coming up, I'll feel so much better and my "firmness" can come out of hiding. ... So yes, I saw the Sept 07 Rotation posted, I think I'm going to tackle that one for sure. Hope to substitute runs for a few of the cardios.

Vilma!: Hey you! ... Yeah, that bday cake was killer. But ya know, it's once a year, I should be good to go now for the summer. My boys are being good sports about eating the leftovers for me! :p:)

Yep... I have to go fold a load of laundry and then start supper too!

Talk at ya later!

OSIF!

The defense went really well, my friend did an excellent job. She was lame and didn't drink too much but I sure helped her! Actually, it was sort of sad, I went back to my lab with this bottle of dessert wine (thinking she would like the sweet wine -- it's like juice and you don't realize you're drunk until MUCH too late) and it was just in front of me so i kept on drinking a glass when I would go back to my desk and no one (even the italians) would drink with me so apparently I was a little bit more "fun" around happy hour time anyway. We didn't go to the celebratory dinner with them but I came home and cleaned while we watched the movie Superbad off of the Netflix instant stream (now that we have crazy fast internet that I had to pay out of the nose for).

I went to the gym for just a super light (like hardly a workout light) elliptical run for an hour. Came back and found out we may be getting a dog. (Our friend's former wife is divorcing him and she took the dog and now realizes she can't keep the dog and frankly we've been wanting that dog since THEY got that dog so the woman just emailed me and asked me if we want to take her -- hell yeah.).

Kathy and Chris -- wow, you're done! It seemed like you guys were waiting forever for STS and then it came and went! So, was it worth it?

Chris -- yeah, I had to go get a colonoscopy (and yes, being 23 and getting one SUCKS)...you know what sucks more? Having your lame ass fiancee laugh while you're squirming! Seriously, he's one of the more sensistive people I know (like, I often say I think he has an extra X chromosome because he's so sensitive -- except that its really klinefelter's syndrome which is very aggravating and hard for the people who have it) and he just became an enormous a$$ in such a short amount of time.

Beth -- how scary for the boys! Yeah, I'm used to family being late and they had a protocol for me for what to do given how late they were. Is the battery dead or just drained? Do you know that I showed Joe how to jump a car? He says I didn't but I did. Don't believe his lying mouth.

Joanne -- spa day? Are the children giving you the spa treatments...hm...I should make my nieces give me spa treatments. The closest I've ever come to getting a spa treatment without paying someone for it was when Joe and I had one of our "one-upping" verbal wars and he went too far and called me fat. Then I made him go to the pharmacy, buy a french manicure kit, and made him give me a french mani/pedi. He sucked at the mani but he was pretty good at the pedi. Freaky on a split Cathe -- sounds like the kind of dream that I would have at 430 in the morning!

Vilma -- you're making me hungry!!

Ok, off to see if I can scrounge food since Vilma made me hungry (I finished all the wine)...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.