May 09 Check in Friday 7th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Hi ladies..

Getting us started this morning..

I decided to do kickmax today instead of the CTX kickbox and cardio quick fix...I also got my Cathe stuff yesterday...There was a little delay since I used a gift card. Customer service said that sometimes those orders get hung up in the system..Anyway, I was excited..

Beth: I was getting those blisters too. That is why I order the gloves to wear under the weight gloves since those don't cover the palms..(which is weird!)

Gotta keep those kids on their lessons..

Talk to you later..

Oops..did it again.. I meant Thursday the 7th.. Sorry everyone!! Hubby was talking to me and distracting me...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Chris!!! I hope you have a great day, even if yesterday was more of the celebration -- let it continue!

That is strange about the gloves with no palms, Kathy. I think I get my new risers tomorrow -- or maybe today. I'm very happy I ordered the slanted, because you guys are right -- with that extra weight on the incline, it is a little scary! Was wishing I had them yesterday. I think I'll get my vf trades today, too. Turns out the woman just had a delay in shipping. My faith is restored.... :)

Joanne, how about drill max this morning with chest DOMs? That warm up was a little tough! :) I can't wait, but I'm also afraid, of plyos tomorrow....

gotta run, have a great day!

-Beth

Hey Girls!

Ohhhh I had a wonderful fun day yesterday.. (except for the big fight amongst 2 of my boys in the car, and the tears that flowed from my 13 yr old (thought of the reverting back to toddlerhood, Beth) because he got a KIDS sized milk at the restaurant :eek:). We went to Longhorns, I got some yummy salmon on rice, and a wicked good strawberry/walnut salad. And then home for cake:

DSCN0101.jpg

Hehehehee! couldn't resist "sharing"!!

I'm done today though, DONE I tell ya!!

I did a new workout to "celebrate" , Tracy Staehle's "Kickbox Challenge", which wasn't as challenging as Cathe's (except those freakin spider webs..:confused:) and then did the Cardio Drills from Bootcamp (my HR was UP there big time!).

And then I did Medicine Ball abs , because: I GOT A MEDICINE BALL for my Birthday yesterday! My DH is a keeper! I told him JUST the bike (which was way more than he should have spent anyways), but he wanted me to open something, and he knew how bad I wanted one (I lost my weighted ball). Med Ball Abs were definitely harder with the ball than an 8 lb weight. And i felt is so much more.

Kathy: you are so funny with the titles to our check in!! I LOL when I saw it today! I'm not a big fan of "quick fix cardio". My arse is sore today from Plyo (it's ALWAYS in my buttocks), and the kicks were tight. I should do a stretch later... Cool that you got your cathe stuff today!

Beth: Thank ya, thank ya, thank ya! For my birthday, I DIDN'T MAKE MY BED today!! WOOT WOOT! LOL!. I'm going to order 2 new workouts , I think I'm going to get that Lalofit (is that the name??) and Mindy Intervals (it has a med ball in it!!). ... On my chest press 1RM's i figured it WAY too low! I had to keep increasing the weight. What new workout are you getting in trade? Glad it worked out.

Okay.. off I go. Got to get my groceries done today, and bake ... tomorrow is busy busy busy. I have my pre-colonoscopy office appt (joy joy) and then going to hear my 9 yr old's class read their own poetry. And then readying for a busy work weekend....:eek:

Chris: Happy Birthday!! Your cake looks so good....Funny you should bring up the fighting stuff. My kids asked me on my birthday what I wanted and I told them a day without them arguing! LOL I had some DOMS too..Gotta love the plyo. Now I am about to get some more leg DOMS by doing Kickmax!

Beth: You will so love the slanted risers!! Hope you get them today!! Hope you get that trade workout too. I always worry about those kinds of things and trusting people to be honest. Glad she seems to be!

Ok, heading down to do my workout for today while the kids do their seatwork/homework assignments. Later, we are headed to the library for our weekly trip and art class..

Oh man does that cake look yummy!!!! What have you done to me?! :p

Ok, seriously though.... for your birthday you didn't make your bed? That's the best you could do?! :D I think you will really like lalo fit -- it's different, but I think you will feel worked! Is that Tracy one new, or just new to you? Oh, on my vf trade I'm getting hardcore extreme and some Tony plyo workout -- not P90X, but an earlier one. I traded two Dove's for those.

-Beth

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS!!! The cake looks divine!! And I agree with Beth -- the best you could do is not make the bed?!? You need to come out to LA and I will show you what real slackitude involves. In fact, if you were here today you would have seen me ripping open a case of wine so that I can get drunk later since my best friend on campus is defending (officially getting her doctorate). I dropped by her office yesterday even though she was like, "too stressed too busy can't be distracted" but by the time I was there she was sort of frozen with all of the crap that was coming so I told her that I was going to make a drinking game where every time she said "larval evolution" I would take a shot during her talk. And I brought the bottle! But...I have nothing to hide the alkeehol in and she was a bit horrified at the idea of me just chugging in front of all the profs (which doesn't bug me at all --- I've seen most of these people drug off their a$$es!). Oh well, looking forward to it soon! Anyway, sounds like you're going to have super fun with the medicine ball and wtg on your new celebratory workout!

Kathy -- Kickmax is a fun workout...those low impact routines helped me when I was on the restriction. Joe just put in a Cathe KB workout the other day to get him back into working out and though it looked like he was having a hard time with it during the work out he was on a high for getting it done later!

Beth -- let me know how the hardcore extreme compilation goes. The only ones I can't do in the hardcore set are Imax3 (because of the high impact restriction) and Coremax (because I have no core), but everything else of the series I love. which workout did you do today?

I did C&W minus the floor work since it was hurting me too much but I found a padded mat from the packing later so I'm hoping for some mat work later. 4 down, 6 to go!

Off to the defense!

Hi ladies! Late check-in for me....crazy here at work, but I'm taking a much needed break!!

Kathy, I wish it was Friday!! Cool in the new Cathe stuff! Too funny - I always tell my kids that what I want for my birthday or Mother's Day is just a day with no fighting - just them loving each other! Ha! Never get it!! I'm still hopeful... ;)

Chris, you wild woman, you! Not making your bed! OMG - just give me the chocolate oozing down that cake and I'll be a happy woman!! Awesome on the med ball! Your hubby is a keeper! There's a new CIA workout with Kimberly Spreen that uses a body bar (you could use a broom stick or some such thing) and a med ball and has kickboxing. I did it over the weekend - it was fun. Not to enable you or anything. ;)

Beth, I didn't do Drill Max this morning...I substituting running for most of the cardio this month on the rotation since I'm doing that run on Memorial Day. I did do Taebo Abs this morning and he does alot of standing work where your arms are up - I couldn't hold them up! I think I might have strained something in my shoulder doing chest and back yesterday. It's a bit painful and not in a good way. Although it's better today than yesterday, so that's a good sign. I ran with itread 18 on the treadmill during lunch - 3.5 miles. Yea, Plyo Legs tomorrow! Are you doing biceps, shoulders and triceps on Sunday? It's really tough for me to workout on weekends, so I might not be able to do it till Monday. Although CCD is over...so maybe. Yea, Hardcore Extreme is a toughie!! Not that I've actually done it, although I've read about it. ;)

Tomorrow Caitlyn's class is hosting a spa day for the moms (or any other female they want to invite). They are doing our hair, nails and makeup. We also get a big chocolate chip cookie. :O Yummo! I'm definitely bringing the camera for this one - I can't wait to see what we all look like when they are done with us!!

Joanne

Hey Girls!

I lived a "little" more today: Bought roses for myself, and ordered the 2 new workouts from TotalfitnessVideo (Beth, neither of the workouts are newly out, just new to me). I "partied" last night with dinner, wine and cake! Today wasn't really anything spectacular. Oh.. DH changed the bed sheets on our bed, since I left it unmade !! LOL!

Kathy: My boys were SUPPOSED to be on their best behavior at the restaurant, they were asked by DH ... somehow they forget?!

Beth: Wish I could share my cake! I took small nibbles this afternoon when I gave the boys a piece after school. Small nibbles are small and break down the calories, so I was safe! :p I HAVE Hardcore Extreme, but have never actually done it! :eek: I could use the circuit workouts though, Cool!

Hottie: Thanks for the Happy Birthday! ... I sure do wish I was at YOUR party today! YOu nut you!! I haven't drank like that since college... But I'm likely to take it up again after the boys move out!! LOL!

Joanne: No kidding, I just scooped up the chocolate trimming around the cake today and was in heaven! It's chocolate peanut butter, there is PB whip in 2 layers in the middle :eek: I can't wait to hear how you guys like Plyo legs tomorrow! That spa day sounds like a ton of fun!!

Off to drink my tea and play online for 10 more minutes til the boys come in ....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.