May 08 Thursday Check-In

jojobean

Cathlete
Happy May!! I'll start the thread today - my first time ever starting a thread on Cathe's forum!

I checked last night to see if Cathe had posted May's rotation and didn't see one. So I decided to pick an old one and do it this month. I decided on April '07. It's "intense cardio/heavy lifting/clean eating." It's the "clean eating" I'll have the hardest time with. :( Any one want to join me???

Today was GS Legs and B&G stability abs. My son thought it was hilarious when I fell off the ball during the abs. I finished though! I think tomorrow is Step Blast - I have to go back and check.

Kathy, I've never been able to get Amy's first Advanced Step Challenge. There's one move that always throws me. I was working on her ASCII and I think I had the first three combos down. I should try it again - it was a fun workout.

Joanne

Hey joanne: cathe finally got the rotation posted. It is an overall strength rotation with the gym style and Pure strength workouts. I am trying my hardest to get that clean eating down. This might be hard this month. Lauren's birthday is tomorrow and Chris' communion is next Saturday. So, lots of cake and junk in the near future. I am going to try my best though...Those ball abs are the hardest. I am always falling off. Especially those pikes. Ugh!!

Kathy, I see Cathe's rotation is now up. I knew she'd eventually post it - I'm just impatient! Are you going to follow it? I kind of pysched myself up for the April 07 one - it has more cardio overall and some bonus cardio that looked fun, so I think I'm going to stick with that one.

Hi Girls!!

I kept hitting refresh to see if/when Cathe would post the May rotation! LOL!!

I think I'm going to do this one!!! It looks good!

Though I'm going to have to change it up a little this week. Today isthe ONLY day it's going to be sunny and nice, so I'm switching up the run & coremax for today, and then I'll do GS Back, Shoulder Biceps & Bootcamp on SUNDAY. It's going to be Sunday, because Saturday is MY son's first communion and I'm thinking I'm not going to have time for working out (as much as I'd rather! LOL!)

I think it also might screw me up to start this rotation on a thursday. Hmmmmmmm...maybe I better officially start it on Monday...

Yeah , I think I will, that will have me ending on a Saturday, the 31st. and then starting June's on Monday, the 2nd.

So okay, sorry to be confusing, i'm thinking as I type! LOL!

Anyhow... today , I did a 50 minute run at the park, which felt GREAT!!! and then came home and instead of Coremax (I did one yesterday), I did a shorter version , BM2's abs (10 minutes).

Joanne: April 07 looks like an awesome one! YES! The extra cardio looks "fun" too! I think 've looked at this one before and thought about doing it. Seems similar to May 08's, really.

And now.... I'm debating whether I should buy "Pure Strength" series! Do you think I should for weeks 3 & 4 or do you think I could substitute?

~Chris

Oh yeah... Meant to add that I'm totally with you guys on the "clean eating" thing!

Saturday is MY son's First Communion (Cake!!) and MY birthday is May 7th (MORE Cake!!)...

It's tough. I do feel I have made strength gains, but can NOT drop a single pound on that scale with my "un" clean eating...

*sigh*

~Chris

I hear ya chris!!! I feel strength gains too. But, that darn scale is all over the place!!! I bought the pure strenght a couple of months ago for, I think, March's rotation. I like it. But, if you don't have the money to buy it now; you could always sub slow & heavy or something..

Joanne: I am going to do May's rotation. I did that April 07 rotation and it was great!! Enjoy it...

Checking in with GS BSB done and the cardio to 4DS Bootcamp...Looks like it might be sunny enough today to get Lauren's softball game in. I may give that running a try if I have enough energy later!!

Have a great day ladies...

Kathy and Chris, I'm there too! I feel the strength gains, but the muscle is hiding behind a layer of fat! :eek: Oh well. Life is short, right?! ;) Might as well enjoy an occasional treat or two.

Kathy, are you going to run today after GS and Bootcamp?? Pretty impressive!

Chris, PS is pretty expensive - it might be around $50. If you have other stuff to sub, I wouldn't get it. The 4DS weight work would work, or you could even split up Muscle Max over three days. Or do GS again.

I'm kind of bummed. The time for my son's soccer game is switched to 4:00. I don't get home till 6:00, so I'll miss it. I haven't missed any of their games yet. How do the expect working parents to be there at 4:00 on such short notice? Luckily, my DH works nights so he's home during the day and can take him.

Anyway, that's my story for today! Talk to you tomorrow....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.