May 08 Check in Wednesday 28th

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Hey you guys!

Good Wednesday Morning!

At the moment its raining over in my part of the woods but its good makes it a bit cooler as yesterday was the 1st day we really had to turn on the a/c here.

IMAX 2 is scheduled and that one has always been my all time favorite fun and pick me up workout. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Imax 2 :7

Personals from yesterday following as I never got back online last night:

[font color=#C25A7C] Beth:[/font]

OMG! You don't have Imax 2 ? Girl you have no idea what you are missing with that workout! The music, the moves, just the overall feel good aura is so worth getting ... waaayyyyy better than Imax 3 in fun factor in my humble opinion.

[font color=#C25A7C] Kathy:[/font]

You go doing your 2 25 minute runs and no it doesn't make a difference at all because you moved your body!

I absolutely love the section of Stretch Max using the band I usually do that one when I finished a good hard run.

[font color=#C25A7C] Aimee:[/font]

I'm on the East Coast sorry I missed your post last night.

Stretch Max is a nice stretch dvd, I also have another of Cathe's stretch workouts called total body stretching the sections on that one are shorter than Stretch Max and also good if you have little time. Sometimes I run all the portions together if I can and feel so loose afterwards.

I breastfed all three of my kids for a total of seven years if you count the times all together. I was one who was never able to lose weight while nursing, after my youngest weaned I went ahead joined WW online and started following Cathe's rotations more consistently and lost a total of 50 pounds and have maintained my weight loss since.

Gotta go and get ready to take the kids to school, its raining this am and DD is driving lol she doesn't know it yet so I want to leave earlier so she can take her time driving ;)

See you all later Ladies!

Thanks Vilma..I was hoping it didn't matter about doing them separately.. I also am a big fan of Imax 2. It is better than #3..Love it. I like that segment of stretch max too. I did the total body stretching the other day as I felt so tight. I was one to not loose weight while breastfeeding either.

Today's workout is Powerhour..I will be getting to that and some vaccuuming later..The kids have field day today at their PE class. That will be fun. Friday is their other PE class (the one I teach) and we are doing another field/fun day with a cool tour of an old schoolhouse and farmhouse. Lots of fun..

I will check back later..Have a great workout today ladies..

From yesterday...

Beth: Thanks. It was better than sitting around and watching softball practice. I usually watch the games. But, practice is not as exciting..So, It was good to run again. I did the 25 minutes then to cool down I walk a mile.

Aimee: Yes, I really do love stretch max. That is one that I would buy. I too have Cathe's Total Body Stretching. It is a great one too. I agree with Beth. Netflix has been great for me to try out some instructors and DVDs. I found some I really liked. Like Kari Anderson and Amy Bento. And some that were so so. Helped me save some money. Usually the ones I don't think I will do often I just keep putting in my cue. The ones I like I get...Good luck..

Good morning! My kids are finally going back to school today and I am finally getting back to work!!!

I did my imax 3 this morning and really enjoyed it -- I like it more each time, but it sounds like I'd better get 2. I have a new theory on the heart rate and my feeling wiped with cathe. I thought I was working harder with cc, but I'm realizing I'm probably actually pushing myself harder in a shorter amount of time with cathe. My hr goes higher with cc, but it takes longer to get there. On that theory, I'm thinking I should do an imax once a week, which would justify my shelling out the money for imax 2. Also, I have a friend I'm trying to get into cathe (she's put off by the longer workout times), so I could pass on my c&w sans imax 2 to her. It all works out!!

I feel like it's Friday, even though my week is sort of just getting going, but I have that happy Friday feeling. Have a great day!!

-Beth

Hey Girls!!

Got done with IMAX 2 a bit ago... OMG.. that definitely has the FUN factor , with a capitol "F"! Beth... you really do need to get that one! It is my favorite of all the IMAXes. Though 3 is #1 on the intensity scale, and pretty fun too (love jumping!!). IMAX2 has the music though. Once it starts up, i'm dancing and skipping and jump kicking to the music. The BEST is the last Pina Coloda song.. THAT gets me through to the end!

Beth: I Hate when I'm not mentally into my workout. B&G is tough enough without being INTO it. SOrry that happened to you yesterday. I have been doing Cathe (and other) rotations for a while now too. I don't necessarily do the monthly ones she posts. It depends on what I want to work on for the month. But I also LIKE having something already planned out for me, with a monthly goal.

As far as eating "off", I don't need junk food in the house to eat "off". In fact, I don't usually HAVE cravings for typical junk food. I'll end up eating 1/2 jar of Peanut Butter, dipped in Fat Free Cool whip (one of my favorites). Or chocolate chips in PB. Or 3 bowls of oatmeal with dark chocolate chips. That's at home. Work is different, because I don't have control over what food is there.

Aimee: YES! I am an RN. And you know exactly what I'm talking about with all the food that appears on the nursing units. It is always every where, the holidays being the worst. Thanks for your wise words. I'm going to copy and paste them and read them to myself . They are very powerful!

I also love Stretch Max, but I don't have the DVD. I DVR'd the segments from Fit TV and I have saved them. I LOVE the one with the band the most.

Kathy: I think it's EXCELLENT that you split up your 2 runs! IN fact, I've read over and over , that splitting up your cardio during the day is perhaps even better for you. That you kick up your metabolism twice , instead of just once. Thinking back, I used to be better when I did a shorter cardio in the afternoon, as well as my morning ones. I should try it! Though it's hard for me to want to get back into workout clothes and get sweaty again, in the pm..

Okay..I've babbled enough..

I better go get my snack and clean up!

BBL...

~Chris

Imax 2 is done! Woot!

I just love how I feel when I'm doing that one. Times goes by quickly and I feel as if I'm flying effortlessly through the moves and I always do that happy dance along with Cathe at the end of interval 9 lol too cute.

I also added some ab work using Ab Hits.

[font color=#C25A7C] Kathy:[/font]

Wow you are done with May's rotation. Good for you , so what do you plan on doing until Cathe puts up the June 08 rotation?

Ahhh field day my youngest will be having it sometime next week so I will be going to cheer her on.

[font color=#C25A7C] Beth:[/font]

You can tell us if you are happy the kids are going back to school today lol we won't tell ;)

I honestly think thats a great idea about giving your friend your C&W dvd and getting Imax 2 seems everyone who loves step adores that workout on the boards.

I never knew that C&W was bundled with another workout for retail. I always thought it came bundled with Imax 2, but I understand how they did that as Imax 2 is a great a$$ kicking workout and someone new to Cathe may be put off by it if they never used her workouts before.

Once you get it I would love to know what you think about it since I [font color=red]*heart* [/font] Imax 2 :D

While I was doing Imax 2 I was thinking how it makes me feel when I do a CC or iTread - I get those feel good endorphins when I'm done, just like when I use my TM.

[font color=#C25A7C] Chris:[/font]

LOL we are cheerleaders for Imax 2 eh? I love that section with the pina colada song that one helps me get through that interval lol }(

Oh lets not even talk about peanut butter!

Good Lordy !! I am so addicted to that stuff that I [font color=orange]absolutely must watch myself[/font] with it OMG!

That has become a new trigger which does come into my house and one I have to fight with through out the day esp around TTOM when I'm close to having aunt flo visit. I eat it with a tsp and yes I do measure it out and limit myself to just 2 tsp because if I don't I can easily consume that entire darned jar arrrgghh :eek:

Not that I have but I did say I am addicted to pb lol

Well I have some errands to do in town so I should shut up and get ready to go lol

Ta Ta for now :p

Hi everyone. Just got off the treadmill and am feeling pretty sweat drenched. This afternoon I'll do GS legs. I hate all the squats and lunges but I love when my legs and butt feel tight afterwards. I guess it's a small price to pay.

Thanks for the stretch video suggestions. I don't have NetFlix but I try to check videos out from the library. Our library has a pretty extensive list of books and videos so maybe I can find some to try there. The one thing I can't get from the library is Cathe videos. And I've been really interested to hear everyone's raves about IMAX2. I have IMAX3 and like it enough but I would definately be interested in doing something with more of a fun factor. Did someone say it has a lot of jumping around like IMAX3? Part of my problem is that I seem to trip over my step when I workout first thing in the morning. Probably still sleepwalking!

Everyone have a great day.
Aimee

Let's see if I remember all of my replies.....

Chris -- I like having a month of workouts planned out, too. I write them all down on my calendar, but then I always seem to alter course! I don't beat myself up about it, because I'm still working out, and it's fun, but I don't seem to have the discipline or whatever to not mess with it! :)

Vilma, yes, yes yes, I am happy my kids are back in school!! :) Honestly, it was sort of fun, but it just got to be a bit old.

Aimee, the library is a good place to try to find stretch/yoga stuff, too -- I should have mentioned that -- the selection seems pretty hit & miss (for all fitness videos) depending on your library, of course. Oh, for IMAX 3, I have taken to using no risers, just the top step portion of my step. It makes it much more fun for me and I did have more than one occasion where I got tripped up when I had even just one riser in it. I really worried about a serious ankle injury, so now it's still a great workout with none of the trip-up factor -- try it!

I bought my step through collage, and they included this seemingly non-existent cathe dvd with it. Some really basic 30 min. step thing with c&w. For a long time I wondered if it is the same c&w -- I think it is -- I watched clips to try to figure it out.

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.