May 08 Check in Wednesday 14th

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Getting ready to get my cardio in doing CCv6 w/ Candace.

Have a very busy morning today so starting my day before the sun is out.

Run,shower, get kids up and out for school then quickly go to get my mammo done.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday and I will check back in later on :)

Good Morning Vilma!!

Good for you for getting it started early! It will feel good to have all that accompished. I meant to mention yesterday, that you will do FINE at your mammogram. From your picture, I don't remember you being very "endowed" up on top, and being smaller, it doesn't hurt as much. It's just slightly uncomfortable, reallly!! Always runnign through my head during the mammogram is: "This is WAY better than what I have to do every 5 years: colonoscopy! EEK!"

My plan for today is intervals 1-5 from IMAX 3, and then I'm taking my new PINK LOADED iPod (I worked on filling it up yesterday..so fun!) to the park for a wonderful run!!

Will check back later...

~Chris

Good morning, all!

Vilma, I'm sure your mammo will go great. How do you like CCV6? How would you compare it to the others? I am still loving 2,3 and 4.

Chris, have fun playing with your new pink ipod! I meant to ask you, what are your thoughts on splenda for your son? My DH is diabetic (type 2) and I struggle with the sugar free stuff because most of it has splenda in it. I tend to avoid processed food as a rule, but I wonder about baking and things like that? Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

My planned WO today is Imax 2 plus seg 2 of Core max. I may do segment 1 instead since I figured out a way to do levitation holds. If I sit in a lotus position instead of just crossed leg, I can hold it a lot longer.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

Wow, Becca, I'm impressed that you can do the levitation holds -- I don't know if I'll ever be able to, but I'm going to try your trick!

I was going to do cc7 this morning, but darn it, my whatever it is injury is not getting better, and I just decided maybe I ought to have a real rest for a while. I've not had to deal with an injury like this -- I'm wondering how long I'll have to lay off. So much for my May rotation!

Anyone else with kids feel like you're just in a mad rush to get to the end of the school year? Ug -- this time of year is so darned busy!

Oh, meant to tell you guys.... by thinking of you in the back of my head, I was able to resist the chocolate chip cookies yesterday -- a big thanks to all of you for the inspiration. I'll see if I can keep it going. Have a great day!!

-Beth

Hello again! :D

Mammo was not as bad as I had thought it would be and since I'm not heavily 'endowed' on top it didn't hurt at all [font color=#C48189]*breathes out a sigh of relief - whew* ;) [/font]

The techs let me see the pictures on the screen and even pointed out my muscles underneath; they were like "Oh, look at her muscles". Is it not normal to see the muscles underneath the breast tissue? I'm just wondering as they seemed a bit surprised. Hmmm.....

Next week is the dreaded annual which I hate having done. Why can't they find a less evasive way to check for cervical cancer anyways? [font color=#C48189]* Le Sighs & shrugs * [/font]:/

I finished my rotation for today after I got back home and did CM seg #2.

[font color=#F76541]Chris: [/font]

How fun that you have your Pink ipod ready for a run in the park - enjoy! :)

[font color=#F76541]Becca: [/font]

I enjoyed CCv6 w/ Candace. Totally different challenges compared to CCv6 w/ Sean .

It has awesome sprints in it plus hills if I remember correctly. Mind you I started this run before 5am lol.

I have all the CCs except CCv1 & v2 originals along w/ CCV7 which I may get tonight.

I so enjoy the challenge from CCv7 in CCPP so I just need to download it already. lol

You just can't go wrong with getting the other CCs although I did notice Sean doesn't have V6 w/ Candace for purchase anymore. :/ I wonder why as it's a good one too.

Yes! Thats how I do the levitation holds! I sit in the lotus position and believe me it works! You can feel it in your core and I can keep myself lifted the entire time. Granted I do take off my shoes for those though :p

[font color=#F76541]Beth: [/font]

Sending you healing vibes!

I had a bad injury back in February in my left calf that sidelined me for a week.

I was doing Imax2 and was doing the pumps on the step and I felt the muscle knot up and tighten, didn't think much of it as I continued on with the workout but when I stepped back up I saw stars and it was painful! I was limping for 3 days, I couldn't even walk on my left leg.

I felt so bummed that I couldn't continue with my rotation so I just rested for those days until I slowly started back up again.

Just rest and soon when your healed you should be back in the game in no time at all. Just do what you can.

Feeling rushed with end of school ?
[font color=#C48189]* raises hand straight up - 'Me, Me!' * [/font]

The kids don't have much longer maybe 3 more weeks of school and they are being bombarded with all of these projects now.

What gives? I mean throughout the school year maybe one or two projects and now..... my goodness my poor kids just can't seem to get any time from all the projects that are due plus getting ready for the EOGs testing! Gee whiz!

I can't have any type of trigger foods here or there goes my clean eating out the window! I try so hard with my insatiable sweet tooth but CC cookies! Oy!

Good for you for resisting them!

[font color=red]!!!!! Itrain Alert !!!!![/font]

Just read in the cheetah thread and also over at video fitness a buy 3 itrain workouts get 3 free using this code MDAY2008 seems the code is good till the end of the month.

I'm on my way to go grab some that I've been eying }(

WOW!

Back from the park! It was gorgeous, of course , and my iPod ROCKED (literally!). I had a Dell DJ before this, and this thing has amazing sound. I'm sure people are looking at me weird as I go rocking out! I love it! Here's a few pictures where I run:

img_4145.jpg

and these are in FULL Bloom, everywhere:

img_4260.jpg

And these are one set of stairs I run up and down:

img_4181.jpg

And I continued with my interval day , running up and down the stairs! Cool, huh?

I also did COREMAX , after IMAX 3 (intervals 1-5)this morning. I did Seg 2, with the ball. Thanks for the tip on doing levitations, Becca!! I'm going to try that next time!!

Becca: On the splenda thing. There are some things I end up using for Zach , my son with diabetes, with splenda, but not alot. The really high sugar products, he "can't do without". Like Maple syrup. I use the Sugar Free one, (the carbs are like 7 for 1/4 of a cup!). And he never was a regular soda drinker, but he likes Diet orange soda, when we have parties. Other than that, he eats regular foods, and puts the carbs in his Insulin Pump. It's not so much that I've ever thought about not letting him have Splenda stuff, but I guess in the end, it's better he doesn't. Does your son have to use Insulin? ... For myself, a few weeks ago, I started cutting back on Equal/Splenda, using 1/2 packet , instead of a whole. I'd like to get away from it too!

Beth: WAY TO GO on passing up the CC cookies! We're there with ya! Little angels in your ears! Don't forget!! I thought of you last night when I had my oatmeal with MELTY dark choc. chips... oh my , that IS good!

Vilma: GLAD the mammo went ok! It's nice not to be 'endowed' on top sometimes! *wink*wink* They never showed me or said anything about my mammo, so I'm not sure about the muscle thing> but it sounds impressive!! I almost fell out of my chair when I read about your calf injury in February!! I HAD THE SAME EXACT THING HAPPEN TO ME! AND IT WAS DURING IMAX 2 , TOO!! AND.. after I felt that tiny pull, I KEPT GOING TOO!, UNTIL IT SPASMED and I couldn't even stand! Isn't that crazy?? I couldn't walk on it for 2 days, ... OMG.. it hurt like hell! I rested it, and stopped doing STEP for a good 6 weeks (which I missed so bad!). But that did the trick. I'd been doing way too much STEP during the winter months with Cathe's rotations, and my calf suffered from it.

It's crazy how much we all have in common...!!

Okay .. off to bake for Teacher Appreciation Luncheon! (NOT cookies!, I'm baking a Chocolate Hawiaiin Coffeecake!)

~Chris

Chris: I love the photos..What a great park to run in!! I love the scenary and the steps are great..My track that I run on is pretty boring. Just round and round a flat circle. But, I can do it while the kids are busy. That is the beauty of that. Cool, glad you got your pink ipod filled. I want to get one too. Maybe after we get some other things paid for...

Vilma: Glad the mammo went well. I haven't had one yet. Not sure about the muscle thing. I better get working so they can see my muscles too;) I go next month for my yearly visit. Not one of my favorite appointments.

Beth: Great job resisting the cookies. I have a hard time with it too. I always have to keep myself busy when they are around or I eat them without thinking sometimes!! My kids are finishing with their curriculum tomorrow and then we continue homeschooling in the summer. Usually with a lighter focus and working on areas they need more practice. We always keep math going so as not to forget anything. We also do Bible reading for religous education and general worksheets and reading..But, they are excited since summer is a little lighter load!!

Becca: Funny you mentioned your lotus pose for coremax #1. That is the only way I can hold them up too. Otherwise, my both leg doesn't really come off the ground..Good for you!!

I am checking in with Muscle Endurance done. Tomorrow has rest day. But, I took a rest day on Saturday. So, not sure what I will do tomorrow in place. It will be some sort of cardio...

Well, we are off to the library and PE class. Oh and the grocery store.

Have a great day ladies!!

Back for a quick check-in....

the calf injury stories continue..... I think I did the same thing to my calf back when I was in high school and swimming so much. It scared me a lot because my leg felt frozen and I wasn't sure I could walk. That's one of the strangest feelings my body has ever given me!

Chris -- those pictures are amazing!! How lucky are you to be able to run there. Good going on imax & steps!!!

Kathy -- homeschooling -- wow. I have so much admiration for people who can do that! My sister-in-law home schools her four kids. I could never do it -- just not the right personality here. On home schooling in general, maybe this is just a California thing, but it sounds like they are going to start requiring teacher's credentials for home schoolers -- it sounds like if you don't have one yourself, you have to have your kids in some credentialed program for so many hours a week. I don't really know the details since it doesn't really effect me, but I'm always interested in home schooling info, so I've heard a bit about it.

Good luck with all of the end of the school year projects -- we are working on a bald eagle project here. Due next week....

cheers,

-Beth

[font color=#F76541]Chris: [/font]

The pictures of where you run are so beautiful! No wonder you like running there.

My area is blah ... just houses, new construction and country roads .... boring!

How funny that you can identify with my calf injury wow O.O - it did hurt something awful!

Chocolate Hawaiian Coffeecake? Mmmmmm sounds yummy!:9

Baked goods are my worst triggers sooooo... yeah :p lol

Not sure iif I'll be back on as I have dinner and homework help to do .

Oh btw I did get 6 new itreads and the 12.99 ones were all free :+ so I only paid for 3 8.99 ones lol What a bargain! Looking forward to using one during my early run :)

Hey Beth: Thanks..I think that new change is only for CA. And I think that the homeschoolers in that state are fighting it. Right now in Virginia we don't have to have teacher credential to qualify for homeschooling. I have a degree, just not in teaching. Mine is in Accounting...Our school district just gives us a list of approved curriculum and we need to test them at the end of the school year to show learning. Lauren got her results back today and she did very well with a composite score of 93...Which is above average!!! We are very proud of her!! Still waiting for Chris' test scores.. Where is your sister located?? Hope the calf heals soon..sounds scary!!

Chris: How did the baking go? It sounds yummy..Can you post that recipe. Sounds like something hubby would enjoy!!

Hey Kathy,

my sister in law is in Illinois, soon to be Vermont, so that CA thing doesn't effect her, either. I somehow just seem to know a lot of home schoolers around here. I think I'm drawn to it from the family connection. It's been interesting to watch (from a long distance) my nephews and niece learning that way.

Great news on the scores so far -- it does seem to me that many of the home schoolers I know have very smart kids!

-Beth

Baking was easy! I didn't have any issues nibbling, because it's for the teachers and it's a one dish cake. Though I'm dying to find out if it's good or not. It's a new recipe that sounded good to me. AND.. it's healthy!(healthier).

Here's the recipe, Kathy...There are alternative directions to make them into muffins... YUM! Now THAT's where I'd have trouble eating too many!

Chocolate Hawaiian Coffeecake
By: JoAnna M. Lund
Source: Desserts Every Night, Page 239

1 ½ cups Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix

1 (4 serving package) Jell-O sugar-free instant
chocolate pudding mix

2/3 cup Carnation nonfat dry milk powder

¼ cup pourable Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet (I used ¼ cup PLUS 1/8
cup Splenda)

¼ cup (1 ounce) chopped walnuts (I didn't have walnuts so I used
chopped pecans instead)

2/3 cup (2 medium) mashed ripe bananas

1 cup (one 8-ounce can) crushed pineapple, packed in fruit juice,
undrained

1 egg, beaten, or equivalent in egg substitute

¼ cup water (I used ½ cup water)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (I preheated to 375 degrees). Spray an 8
by 8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray (I sprayed
a 12-muffin tin with butter-favored cooking spray).

In a large bowl, combine baking mix, dry pudding mix, dry milk
powder, Sugar Twin (Splenda), and walnuts (pecans).

In a medium bowl, combine bananas, undrained pineapple, egg, water,
and vanilla extract.

Add banana mixture to baking mix mixture. Mix well to combine.
Spread mixture evenly into prepared baking dish (measure ½ cup of
mixture into each muffin well).

Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center
comes out clean. Place baking dish on a wire rack (remove muffins
and put each one on a wire rack) and allow to cool. Cut into 8
servings (I got 12 nice muffins out of this recipe).

Each serving equals:
HE: 1 Bread; ¾ Fruit; ¼ Skim Milk; ¼ Protein; ¼ Fat; 18 Optional
Calories

184 Calories; 4 gms Fat; 6 gms Protein; 31 gms Carbohydrates; 466 mg
Sodium;
99 mg Calcium; 1 gm Fiber

Chris: This looks so good. I am so going to make this. I just printed it out. I have been making alot of stuff adding veggie purees. I do this because Chris does not eat hardly any veggies or fruits..He is a card eater. Doesn't like much meat either. So, I found a cookbook that adds veggies and fruits to foods. It is working. I have been adding it to everything I can get away with...

Chris, gorgeous photos! What a great place to run. Thanks for the info about the splenda. It's my DH that's diabetic, and, no, he doesn't take insulin. He was just diagnosed a year and a half ago and he is still in denial. Stopped taking his glucophage because it upset his stomach, tried Avandia with no luck (worse GI symptoms), lately he's just been ignoring it. On the rare chance I talk him into doing a FSBS, his sugar is 300+. He recently decided he wanted to deal with it again so I'm trying to help him out as best I can.

Kathy, Great WO today! Is that the Jessica Seinfeld cookbook that you use? I have that one. Can you recommend some good recipes? I have been afraid to try them.

Vilma, glad to hear the mammo went well. You got a great deal on those itreads! I have to resist on that one, as much as I hate to!

Beth, is your injury feeling any better? Did you take a true rest day? End of the school year is rough! Projects, snacks, end of year potlucks, etc, etc, etc! And I only have one in elementary and two in preschool! It shouldn't be this rough!

Have a great evening all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.