May 08 Check in Thursday 8th

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Good Thursday Morning Everyone!

Just finished a while back my cardio portion of my workout: itread 13 30 all sprints and what a nice fast, short run. :)

I still have GS CT to do once I get back from dropping my kids off at school. Not looking forward to all those push ups but I'll do them and modify if my wrist starts acting up.

For now I need to change out of these wet workout clothes and get my kids up for the day.

BBL :7

Hi Everyone,

Great pictures!! Thanks for posting them.

Good work on the sprints this morning, Vilma. I had another crazy sleepless night, so I did not work out and I know today is a full day, so I may change things up a bit and do a weight workout tomorrow and a long run on Saturday. See, first week of the rotation and I'm already shaking things up. I don't usually skip a workout though -- this is a very strange feeling for me.

I forgot to mention that yes, it was very odd not to have doms from the GS legs. I get them on B&G and L&G, and the other GS give me doms. The only thing I did notice was that my calves were sore when I shaved my legs yesterday! :)

Have a great day everyone!

-Beth

GS CT is done!

I do not like push ups! [font color=grass green] *crosses her arms and pouts*[/font]lol

But I did them all..... yes..... all of them! [font color=grass green] *grumbles & tries to hide a small smirk*[/font]

Of course I started on my toes then slowly started working my way down to my knees then ended up on my knees and placing my hands on my step towards the end. I felt them work my pecs good.

Granted it wasn't all on my toes like Cathe and crew but heck I am just proud that I did them all even with some modifications. Somehow my shoulders and wrists end up bothering me after so much push ups and I notice it also when I do pikes on the ball during ab work.

Goodness the band work had my arms quivering but all in all I am pleased as punch that I completed that workout. I plan on doing some ab work in a little bit as I need to work on my core more as I've gotten lazy about them.

[font color=orange] Beth:[/font]
Sorry you didn't have a restful sleep, I hate when that happens.
I hope you can catch a few zzzz's.

On days following a bad sleepless night I can't even function like a human.

Just do what you can and rest up.

ITA I didn't feel any DOMs from GS Legs other than in my calves but after moving around the Doms left the day after I did it plus I guess doing CCPP helped in that department ... weird.

Off to see what else is going on in the forums; will peek in later to see who else checks in. ;)

Hope you all have a wonderful day. :7

Oooookay! Made it!

I'm pooped today...

Yesterday was fun, but tiring! We hit the movies (great movie! but kind of violent for my 6 year old, though he lost interest in it anyhow, and played quietly and even took a nap!), and then out to dinner to Bertucci's. My boys were SO well behaved. I had a salad w/portobello mushrooms & grilled chicken..not too bad! And then "bad" happened. Got home for PB/Chocolate Cake and ice cream... OH MY!!! The boys made me cards, and I got a brand new PINK iPod (i'd been borrowing my husbands), plus an iTunes GC, and a Borders GC! *smile*

After helping at my 8 year old's class this morning, I came home and did GS: C&T. Yep! Those muscles were WORKED! The push-ups weren't TOOOOO bad for me for some reason (I do them all on my knees, otherwise, I can't go down so far on my toes), but the chest work on the bench kind of bothered my neck for some reason. Weird. I also had a lot of quivering going on, especially with the bands!

For my 20 minutes of cardio , I did Turbo Jam's 20 Minute workout. It was fun! I miss that one!

Hey..Thanks for ALL the birthday wishes and nice comments about my son's 1st Communion pic!

vilma..holy COW!..you are gorgeous, and I bet you still get carded! Your daughter is beautiful as well, and her dress was stunning! Thanks for sharing pictures, it's cool to know who's out there typing!

Kathy..I can't wait to see you and your son from this coming weekend. Hope things are going ok prepping for Saturday!

Annette and becca... Nice to have someone who KNOWS what 3 boys are like! Mine can get pretty crazy, loud, and physical sometimes! Luckily with the nicer weather they're outside more, releasing all that testosterone out there! LOL! But I wouldn't trade them for the world. I do think God gave me 3 boys for a good reason. I'm not so sure I could handle the emotional stuff with the girls!

Off I go... bbl!

~Chris

Vilma,

Meant to mention this earlier.... I saw your question about HIIT mish moshes for cardio coach. I haven't put anything together specifically with that in mind, but I have put together different lengthed runs and one of sprints. Basically, I just looked through everything I had (which is now all of them except PP) and found the sprints, cushioned them with some steady states, and voila! It is kind of fun putting together your own mix -- they don't always play that well together, because he gives some "upcoming" comments that just don't fit. But, you can figure it out....

-Beth

[font color=indigo]Chris:[/font]
Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday yesterday and a Pink ipod Go You!
I have the 2nd gen ipod nano in red and had it engraved via the apple online store and my son and hubby have the 3rd gen.
I may give my 8g nano to my youngest and get me an upgrade lol They are nice to have.
Have fun filling it up :)

I laughed when you mentioned about me getting carded because I still do all the time lol, thanks for the lovely compliments you paid my dd and I.

[font color=indigo]Beth:[/font]
Thanks for the mish mosh info. for CC.

I guess I'll need to go over to Sean's website and get the detailed descriptions and try to figure it out.

I don't have CCv7 yet but plan on getting it sometime soon, but that 1st challenge in CCPP comes from v7 and that was a definite HIIT.

Hi ladies!!

Checking in today with Gym Style BSB....AND lots and lots of housecleaning. Hubby's family is coming tomorrow for Chris' big day..

Chris: Awesome present!!! I asked hubby last night to borrow his when I run and he wasn't too keen on the idea. I guess I will have to get one myself too..Glad you had a great day!! That cake sounds sooooo good. PB and chocolate are two of my favorite things!!! Oh and I do most of my pushups on my knees so that I can have greater range of motion too. I feel it so it must work!!

Vilma: I think I will have to add cardio like you do. You look so good in that photo. I need work in the core area too. Did you notice change in the core when you added all that cardio in to your daily routine??

Big hello to everyone else..

Ok, I hope everyone else is doing well. I gotta finish cleaning. I am running out of time. I am still waiting to see if Lauren's softball game is cancelled or not. It was raining and now it is very overcast and the weather forecast shows rain/thunderstorms. So, I may be able to finish cleaning tonight!!

[font color=indigo]Kathy:[/font]

My tummy area gets toner when I stop eating junk (I have a very bad sweet tooth) lol so I have to watch myself and eat as clean as possible along with increasing ab work at least every other day.

Lately I've slacked off on my abs.

The extra cardio helps lean me out over all but helps lean out my legs and bottom area. I'm fairly short 5'2" and curvy so any added weight shows fast. Not sure if that answered your question.

Thanks Vilma...I have that same sweet tooth. It gets me all the time. I need to control that and then maybe I can get rid off about 10 more pounds. Those last 10 are always so hard to get rid of:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.