May 08 Check in Saturday 24th

Kathy36

Cathlete
HI ladies...

Beth: Wow, take care..I hope that they get those fires out before they do anymore damage. Keep safe and I will keep your area in my prayers!!

Chris: So glad to hear that your mom is ok. Totally scary stuff. My dad has all kinds of problems with his heart and stuff. His latest thing was an abdominal aortic abulism (I know I misspelled that!:D )Anyway, with his heart disease and diabetes and being overweight. Oh I just worry about him alot...

Vilma: How is it going? Are you sleeping in today...

Today's workout is going to be Pure Strength Legs and Abs..I didn't get to run yesterday. So, I am going to add something in today. Maybe a cardio section of something or I might run. We'll see how the day goes!!

Have a great day ladies..it is sunny and beautiful here, Hope your weather is as great!!

Hi Kathy :7 and Good Morning to you!

Here we have cloudy skies and light rain coming down but it's expected to clear up as the day progresses.

I did sleep in and getting ready for SJP at the moment as I drink my coffee and scan the forums here.

I didn't get to do CCv6 (Sean's) until 9 pm! x(
But Once I started whoa! At one point Sean asks if we're feeling a little green and oh yes I was lol

Used my HRM for cardio 1st time last night (still need to get used to it and figure out most of the functions0 and according to my HRM I have been doing Level 4s (85-90%) HRZ when I should be staying at level 3s (75-85%)HRZ [font color=#FF3333]+ shrugs & smiles coyly + [/font]

But I felt like going faster anyways I guess it will take some time to get used to it and see how it works for me. :p

One thing that I know about myself is that if I am doing a workout it needs to be hardcore tough or else mentally I feel I didn't do such a great job.

Been that way for ages and this HRM told me last night that I can still slow down and still get a good workout in without killing myself [font color=#FF3333]+ insert maniacal laughter here +[/font]; I'm such a nut :+ I just need to apply how to pull back at times lmao }(

My entire day on Friday was so crazy hectic but I'm glad I stuck to my plan and did my cardio albeit very late for me lol ;)

[font color=#6666CC] Chris:[/font] glad that your mom was sent home and they didn't find any heart problems with her

[font color=#6666CC] Beth:[/font] Has the smoke decreased for you guys yet? Glad you were able to get back home following the back roads ;)

Off to get myself off my rear and get ready for SJP :)

I'll BBL ;-)

Vilma: How was SJP...That is a great workout. I don't have a HRM. But, I feel like you that if I don't push myself to exhaustion that I haven't gotten a workout. Great job getting that workout in last night. I usually don't get a workout in if I wait past like 5:30. Dinner and cleaning up and bedtime routines get in the way. The only time that it is different is if hubby is not home...

Anyway, finished with PS legs and abs. Now it is time for a shower and some errands..

Enjoy your day!!!

Hey Girls,

It is a beautiful sunshiny warm day here too, supposed to be all weekend. I will get out today a little, but staying home. Working tonight and tomorrow, my usual weekend of work. But, I get paid time and 1/2 for Sunday night!! :)

Thanks Kathy & Vilma... my mom is 84 and she lives alone, still drives, does some yardwork!(because she WANTS to), but she does have some underlying health issues. Long history of high blood pressure which has led to some kidney disease. So you just never know.

So I just got done with a version of SJP. I'm not feeling all that hot today, tired from waking up all week for zach's sugars, and have a heavy , almost headache, head. And I could NOT bring myself to do any hi/lo in SJP (ooooh I hate it!), so I did premix #17, with just step, and then weights, and I added the abs/planks. it came to the same amount of time, just in different order! It was harder for me too, since I'm not feeling my best. But it got done, and I sweated buckets!

Vilma: I definitely found when I started with my HRM that my HR was going up beyond recommended levels. Especially with my running. It was kind of shocker to me too! I feel good when I run like that! So the HRM came in handy when I was supposed to be slowing it down for different level workouts. It's good to get in those steady eddy cardios once in a while...

Okay... off to do cleaning, cooking and weekend chores!! Fun! :+ Fun!

Have a great weekend everyone...

~Chris

Good morning!

Yes, the smoke is down here quite a bit -- the fire continues to move away from us, though it has changed direction a bit, too. Today it is cool, overcast, and they are forecasting showers, so really good news for the firefighters! I may take my kids to the animal shelter today to drop off supplies for some of the displaced animals. We are trying to work in regular acts of charity/kindness for the kids to be a part of.

Chris, great news on the time and a 1/2 for Sunday -- whoo-hoo! Must be hard to have your schedule!

I, completely randomly and just because I wanted to, did drill max this morning. I petered out toward the end of it! Vilma, I remember coach Sean's remark about being green -- I always laugh at that one. I'm still so curious to see what your HRM tells you for cathe's cardio stuff -- again today I was so surprised at feeling so wiped out with some of the DM cardio portions, and yet the HRM showed that my heart was not working all that hard! I think I'm deciding I don't have the right kind of leg strength for her cardio stuff -- plyos and all, mostly.

Have a great day!

-Beth

Just to report that I completed week 3 of Cathe's May rotation. YAY :7

SJP is done!

I really had fun with this one - it went through so fast and I really did enjoy the hi/lo portions of it also. I guess MIC hi/lo didn't motivate me at all or perhaps I just wasn't in the mood but SJP boy I had FUN! :7

I wore my HRM once again and found my HR in the lower end of my working zone (75%- 85%)and sometimes it actually went below my working zone :/ except for when I did the intensity blasts during the hi/lo area there I went up to 85% HR very briefly.

A big difference to when I run on my TM using CC or iTread's. I definitely get a big 'rush' when I do that type of cardio ;).

I so enjoy feeling how I can push myself until I think I can't go any further and then pass that threshold, its very euphoric. I like that ! Maybe thats why I'm hooked on my runs? :p

I still need to figure out the programs section of my F11, or if I should even bother with it at all; but I like that I can upload my results to the personal trainer section over at polar's website.

[font color=#6666CC] Chris:[/font] Sorry to hear you are not up to snuff; maybe you just need a rest day or two to get to feeling better?

Do you still use your HRM on your runs and if so do you now stay within your working zone, go highter than your working zone or just go by how you feel?

I'm still trying to determine the best route for myself, I've only used my HRM 2x for cardio so I guess I just need to keep testing to see.

[font color=#6666CC] Beth:[/font] Can it be all that smoke from the fires or the stress of being so close to it had an affect on you feeling 'wiped out'?

I tell ya with the new stress of the house situation this past week, dealing with what ifs, kids acting out and PMSing has not helped my over all mood much and just feeling so overwhelmed by it all.

Thank goodness for working out; as during those times my mind doesn't wander at all and I just focus on what my body is doing, better than any CAB at all, granted I don't drink but still :+ lol

Well I'm off to tackle some more stuff I need to purge- why do I feel I am the only one in this household of 5 doing it? Ahhh yes !

Because I AM the only one working on decluttering while the husband sleeps to get ready for another work day and my kids are blatantly not doing what I tell them that must be done - OY VEY!!!

Have a great day all I may just go out for a walk to clear my head lol

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.