May 08 Check in Friday 2nd

Kathy36

Cathlete
HI ladies!!

Hope everyone has a great day today.

Chris: I did it!!! I ran 2 miles last night while my daughter practiced softball. I did it in 20 minutes or so. Is that good? I wasn't sure if my pace was good or not. I was glad that I was able to keep going..

Today is gym Style legs. I am hoping to get through that. My quads are feeling that run a little..

Hey Kathy!

Hi to Joanne, and anyone else that joins us today!

Hi-5's Kathy on that run!!! Running really is amazing once you get it. It might take a little while to get it, but, it's such a rush to me.. maybe it's being outdoors or something, and maybe a little of the endorphins. I love it!! "They" say a 10-minute mile is VERY good! i think "runners" usually do 8-minute miles, so not bad for your first go. it's weird, I've never measured my runs in miles , probably because I run all over the park, and it's not so easy. I run for time only.

GS Legs is a definite booster to the run, though! My quads and hips hurt especially after my first run (hips BIG time!). Hope you got in some good stretches...

So I figured I'd continue semi-following my last month's rotation until Monday. This morning I did "Muscle Endurance" minus the abs (did 2 or 3 days of abs in a row, need a break). "Endurance" is the key word... she goes on and on with those reps! And LEG PRESSES! Damn! GREAT workout that I definitely felt (and moaned some!).

Joanne: You are right. There are moments to enjoy in life, and not sit and worry about eating or not eating. I get so caught up in the eating thing sometimes. I might not be cut like Cathe (or any of her friends!) , but I do have a good base of muscle and definitely a conditioned heart. I think I live a relatively healthy lifestyle too. I need to learn to be happy with it and stop stressing about it. Maybe I'd do better with my eating if I did , too! Who knows!

Onto the rest of my day. SOOOOO much to do for the party tomorrow....

~Chris

Hi Kathy and Chris!!

Ksthy, sounds like a great run to me! Have fun with GS Legs. I'm feeling it today - did it yesterday.

Chris, I hear ya on the leg presses in Muscle Endurance. I'm so glad when we're done with that third set because they are over!! The biceps section is a killer too. Enjoy the communion and party tomorrow! Congrat to your son.

Today was day 2 of the rotation - Step Blast and 10 minutes Ab Hits. I did Step Blast - even the challenge (sometimes I skip that part :eek: ). I don't have Ab Hits and wanted to try Tracey's new Core Zone. So I did that instead. I actually lasted a good 35 minutes doing abs - a definite record for me! I hate working abs!

Tomorrow is GS Chest and Triceps and the brutal bonus cardio Cathe dreamed up! :eek: . Sunday is a 45-minute cycle, but instead I'm going to run, weather permitting.

I probaby won't be on during the weekend, so have a great weekend!

Joanne

HI Vilma,

Yes, I am following the May rotation. Feel free to join in with us. We enjoy checking in together..

Thanks Chris!! Enjoy that party tomorrow and Congratulations to your son..My son will be doing that next Saturday. Hubby's family is drving down from PA to be with us on his big day..So, party will be at our house next weekend!!!

I did enjoy that run!! I felt I probably could have gone a little more. But, Lauren's softball game was starting and she really likes me to watch. She was pitching at the beginning..

I am still hoping to get GS LEgs in today. I need to finish vaccuuming and clean bathrooms before Chris' baseball game at 5:30...I need a few more hours today....

I was really good with my eating today..I took Lauren to Chik-fala for her birthday and I didn't get anything. I had a couple of fries and then came home to eat leftovers baked chicken and broccoli slaw. YUM!;-)

Right now I am waiting for Lauren's birthday cake to finish baking for tomorrow's party....

Talk to you later. Gotta get things done so I can tackle GS Legs!!

Ahhh Haaa !

Great!

Thanks Kathy!

I will start the May rotation this coming Monday as I just finished my April rotation today.

Great to know you guys are here :)

I'm starting the rotation Monday too!!

Cool to have more company!

Kathy... Good for you for not giving in to fast food!! Now for us to pass on the cake tomorrow!! Actually, I'll probably be more into the Carona Lights than cake... LOL!! PARTY!!

~Chris

Becca: We would love to have you checkin with us...Happy to have you join us..

Our thread looks the same everyday with the day of the week of course changing each day..Come you us.

Ok, I was able to squeeze GS Legs in before Chris' baseball game. I am so happy about that. Tomorrow is a run on the rotation and coremax. Not sure I will get to that run. But, I am going to try to get it in while Lauren is warming up for her game in the morning. Then the afternoon is packed with Lauren's birthday party. We are doing putt putt with about 10 of her friends...Should be fun!!!

Talk to you in the morning...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.