March check-in Thursday March 5

jojobean

Cathlete
Wow! I'm the first? Where's all my buddies? ;)

My legs are killing me from Plyo Legs on Tuesday! I guess that's good, right? Scheduled for today was KPC, but I did KCM's 30 minutes to Fitness Kickboxing. I did both segments for about 50 minutes. The first time I did this one was OK, but I didn't love it. It was great this time. She only does each combo for two minutes, so lots of variety. I'm hoping I can do STS legs tomorrow.

Busy night tonight. Ian has a basketball game, then we have a Cub Scout meeting (first one, not so sure we're going to join), and we have a wake to go to. A friend of ours father died.

BBL...

Joanne

Hi Joanne, and all. Good to know about KCM kickboxing -- I need to try it again -- I think I've only done it once, too.

I did the second STS legs disc today -- good bonus work! Fun workout. I think I'll be feeling this (just when I thought my hamstring might have a chance of recuperating! :)). I was going to tack on pilates abs, but did not have time -- maybe tonight? I hope!

Crazy busy Thursday for me, too. I have to go feed the chickens since Larry is gone. More later, I hope.

lots of hoping today....... :)

-Beth

Hey Joanne: Thanks for starting us out today...Been busy getting the kids school lessons done..I haven't tried the plyo legs yet. Is it a good cardio workout? Sorry to hear about the death of a family friend..

Beth: I like those leg bonus workouts too..Cool you have chickens?

Ok, yesterday I ended up doing a real light cardio workout. I did FIRM cardio Inferno. Today I am planning to tackle Amy Bento's Advanced step challenge 2... We will see how the day goes. I would also like to add some ab work..We have a library trip planned this afternoon. So, I need to get back to those school lessons if I plan to do anything later..

Be back soon!

Hey Girls!

So I took your advice from yesterday, Beth and Joanne , I'm going to alternate cardio and yoga/stretching days this week. I think I was stressing a bit, too, because there are people posting about doing LONG cardios, like the entire DM, or IMAX. And I'm thinking I'm missing something or I'm going to lose strength gains.. But the more I think about it, the more I think Cathe means for recovery week to be LIGHT so next week in Meso 2, it will shake things up again and kick our asses! :eek:

I ended up doing LIS from 4DS, plus the stretch. And then I played with the first 10 or so minutes of Tracey's Steady State Step. It does seem complicated, but the music is fun, and I think once I get that one, I'll have blast! I'll just have to work on it piece by piece.

I took my youngest to see Zach's concert last night (Alex stayed home with DH). He plays the Trumpet, Joanne. I thought of your son Colin seeing those HUGE Tubas! Holy cow, they are HUGE! LOL! Anyway, I was so PO'd at Zach. Since he was on year 3 of playing the trumpet AND ended up joining the Jazz Band, we bought him his own instrument, and gave up on renting. the thing cost a pretty penny! Well, the kid DENTED the crap out of one piece on it, destroying one of the keys so it wouldn't slide down. And it was from fooling around with it and purposefully banging it!! :mad: He had to borrow someone else's (with his own mouth piece) last night. Kids, I swear! They drive you bonkers!

Beth: thanks for the info on KenpoX. Sounds like it might be a good one to be different, but easy enough to do. I do like Tony Horton, he cracks me up. He totally reminds me of one of my older brothers. Glad you "liked" STS legs today! What was the bonus work, I forgot? I liked most of the bonus work, except for Disc 12. It was THE dreaded BALL!!!

Joanne: that sounds like a bunch of leg work this week! Sceery! I don't look forward to those leg DOMS next week, that's for sure!

Kathy: Good luck with your step workout today!

I really need to get going and get some of my stuff done... the day is zooming already!

Kathy, yep -- we have chickens. They are fun pets to have, and practical, too. I haven't bought eggs in forever. Our morning went really haywire. Just as I was trying to get the boys out the door, Dylan was putting on his shoe and a sink bug crawled out of it and onto him. Next thing I know, he's crying, it stinks, and well, then he was refusing to put on any shoes and you can just imagine. We finally got out the door! I wonder if it's still going to stink when we get home.

Ivy/Chris, I have wondered if your increased energy was from eating better -- Ivy mentioned it to me on fb, but I was meaning to ask anyway.

Oh, I never heard of Cardio Inferno -- is it any good? I guess I'm looking for tough cardio these days. Chris, did Cathe not have any suggestions for recovery week? I haven't looked at her suggested STS closely enough, I guess.

The bonus leg work today was mostly with the band, but she did the inner thighs with ankle weights at the end.

Crazy about the dented trumpet -- I can totally see a boy doing that, and I can totally see why you'd be so irked with him!!! Travis wants a drumset for his birthday, and as you can imagine, I'm not wild about that idea at all! They have drum lessons at school and I'm thinking about signing him up to maybe get it out of his system.

-Beth

Beth, how cool about the chickens! You must have some really fresh eggs! OK, have to ask....what's a sink bug and why do they stink?

Chris, ooohhh, I'd be furious about the trumpet, too. You're not kidding, those are crazy expensive. We did the rent to buy thing and just finished paying for Jameson's clarinet and he's had it for two years. Do you have any kind of insurance on it? We did when it was rented, but now we have to pay extra for it. I haven't, but maybe I should get it. Yea, that's why Colin wants to play the tuba - they're huge! He always likes to do the "unique" thing. ;)

Kathy, yes, Plyo Legs is definitly a good cardio workout! I had to pause a few times just to catch my breath.

I'm off to actually shop for myself! We have a big conference next week and I realize I've probably worn the same things to it for the past few years since I don't have too many really nice business type clothes. For work I dress somewhat casually, but no jeans. I'm hoping I can find a couple nice dresses. I hate dressing rooms though - the lighting is not good to me!

Joanne

Beth: Cardio Inferno is a FIRM workout. A newer one..It is very difficult and is only 30 minutes. But, it seemed to fit in with recovery/light day..I think I read that Cathe wanted leisurely activities like walks/yoga/stretching..But, I am throwing in a couple of more intense days with Amy Bento's workouts. I haven't worked out today yet. So, not sure if I will do that one or not. Right now we are headed to the library..

Chris: I think I was going to overdo my rest week. I feel lazy not doing big workouts. I did the Amy one on Monday and since then I have tried to make them less intense. Like I told Beth, I haven't done today's yet. So, I may go for a light cardio day again. Alot of the newer FIRMs aren't very intense cardios. I may put in another one of those instead. Trying to be a good recovery weeker! LOL!! Sorry to hear about that dented trumpet. I imagine it wasn't cheap. It is repairable??

Sorry, that should have been a "stink bug", not "sink". It's a bug that where we are looks kind of like a beetle -- big and black, and if it's threatened it sprays a stinky smell. Not so much fun...... let's hope we don't have more!

I'll have to try plyo legs one of these days maybe -- I'm sort of afraid. :eek: Good luck with your shopping -- I hate clothes shopping when I have to get something specific!

-Beth

Hello!

Today I did KPC at 5am!!!!! I'm really wanting to workout this early! Tomorrow is STS Legs Disc 3!!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Joanne: WTG on your workout today! I don't get it. You did STS Legs on Tuesday and you are going to do them again tomorrow?? I'm glad we are doing STS Legs together tomorrow :) I'm sorry about your friend's dad dying.

Beth: Great workout today! I cannot wait to try STS Legs!! I don't know where this energy is coming from, but I'm thinking it has to do with my eating because I haven't ate junk food/ processed food/ or sweets. I have been doing LOTS Yoga too!

Kathy: WTG on your workout yesterday! Have fun with ASC2.

Chris: Great job on 4DS LIS!! I agree, when it's my time for Recovery Week after Meso 1, I will do light cardio workouts and Yoga. I wouldn't add any hard cardio since we do that anyways between STS workouts.

Ok. Am I missing something?? Plyo Legs?? Is Plyo Legs totally different from STS Legs Disc 3 or something?

Well, I'm off to do what must be done. I hope you all have a great day!!

WAVES to VILMA and HOTTIE!! :)

Well, I never made it out of here to go shopping. Work got crazy and now it's too late. Ugh! And, it's 62 degrees outside!

Beth, OK, a stink bug. I was thinking that's what you meant. Never heard of them, which is a good thing cause it must mean they don't hang out around Chicago. ;) ONe less thing to worry about!

I'm going to add in Plyo Legs next week, too. I'll do the next one in the cycle. I can't wait to do the leg workout tomorrow. Have to make sure I leave enough time to do the bonus part. So, does each leg workout have a bonus section? Very cool!

Ivy, we were posting at the same time...Plyo Legs are the leg workouts in Meso cycle 3. Your supposed to do them if you don't have a squat rack, which I don't. I wanted to try one, and I want to work legs more than once a week, so I tried one instead of Imax2 in Cathe's rotation Tuesday. They're mostly high impact plyo cardio moves for either a minute or 30 seconds - I can't remember, followed immediately by some type of leg work, like squats, deadlifts, step ups, lunges, etc. Really gets your heartrate up there and works your legs at the same time. It's about 50 minutes.

Last edited:
Well, I never made it out of here to go shopping. Work got crazy and now it's too late. Ugh! And, it's 62 degrees outside!

Beth, OK, a stink bug. I was thinking that's what you meant. Never heard of them, which is a good thing cause it must mean they don't hang out around Chicago. ;) ONe less thing to worry about!

I'm going to add in Plyo Legs next week, too. I'll do the next one in the cycle. I can't wait to do the leg workout tomorrow. Have to make sure I leave enough time to do the bonus part. So, does each leg workout have a bonus section? Very cool!

Ivy, we were posting at the same time...Plyo Legs are the leg workouts in Meso cycle 3. Your supposed to do them if you don't have a squat rack, which I don't. I wanted to try one, and I want to work legs more than once a week, so I tried one instead of Imax2 in Cathe's rotation Tuesday. They're mostly high impact plyo cardio moves for either a minute or 30 seconds - I can't remember, followed immediately by some type of leg work, like squats, deadlifts, step ups, lunges, etc. Really gets your heartrate up there and works your legs at the same time. It's about 50 minutes.

Cool! I'm going to preview it now to see what it's all about. I don't have a squat rack either so I'll be doing Plyo Legs too!

Hey Everyone!

The day flew by once again, I can't believe it's homework time....

Beth: My eating hasn't changed immensely. The only cleaning up I really had to do was the weekends, and I had one good one, and one crappy one. And I still feel wiped out during/after the weekend no matter what I eat! LOL! I really felt it during the weight work, esp. the first few weeks. The last week pooped me out though! From what I could find, Cathe's suggestions for cardio during recovery week were not even workouts. They were just 'activities', like ice skating, walking in the park, running with your kids. I'd love to do any of those, even a bike ride, but there is too much snow/ice around. And I'm not a "snow activity" person :confused:

That is CRAZY about the Stink bug! I can see how it would freak everyone out!

So you guys jumped ahead to do Plyo legs, right? Is that in Meso 2 or 3 or 4?

Ivy: Hi-5's (pun intended) on doing that 5AM workout!!!

Joanne: No, no insurance on the trumpet. DH banged it out enough so at least it works, but he wants to replace the elbow totally to make it ALL good again.

Kathy: I really do think lighter is the way to go this week. I mean Cathe was talking WALKS for "cardio" this week, so I'm thinking even LIS is a TINY bit overkill. I'm going to do yoga/stretch tomorrow and then maybe HIS on Saturday or something even lighter...

Off to dress Muhammed Ali up!...

Okay, Maybe he looks more like Rocky! ;)

DSCN0053.jpg

LOL!! I was kind of hallucinating about a Meso 4 I think! Why the heck did I type that???

I thought I told you all, Alex did a book report on Muhammed Ali and he decided to dress up as him for his "project" part of it. Anyhow, he's not QUITE Muhammed! More like a Rocky!..

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.