March 10 Check in Wednesday 24th******

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

It is an early start for us here. The kids have orthodontist appointments today. Chris gets a mold of his teeth done and Lauren is getting braces today for correct her overbite...Ok, today's workout is Hiit 40/20 and coremax segment #1 or 2....

Be back later....

:)Good Morning, Kathy!!
Hey Girls to follow!!! :)

Holy CRAP, it is blustery cold and windy this morning. What happened to sunny and 70???? ugh. No running for me, today at least.

I was really debating on whether I wanted to do 40/20 AGAIN! We just did it last week. I was thinking about Pyramid. We'll see when I get downstairs what I'll do. And then Coremax #1 (is that no equipment?)

I would have loved to add on a run today. Oh well. maybe it will be nicer tomorrow.

Greg has to work tonight , his usual night off, and is off Saturday night instead. Is it bad for me to be happy about that? He has been bugging the bejeesus out of me lately. I swear, he tenses me up more than anything. Hopefully "absence will make my heart grow fonder".

Hottie: That sounds like a great filling breakfast!!! I'd love to have that , but I'd be more wanting it at suppper. Do you make Potatoes O Brien from scratch?

Beth: Whatcha gonna do today? Are you getting happier about the RT? How are you guys getting down there, anyways. Driving? I don't know how close you are. And you ARE going to send pictures, right?!?!?!?!!!!!!

10 more minutes , and then I'm off to my workout! ... Afterwards, I have to go to Dick's to look for gymnastic pants or just plain sport pants for Alex for gymnastics tomorrow. Did I tell you guys he came home the next day and begged to be taken out of it? His friends made fun of him at school for doing something so "girly". Freakin kids, huh?

Good morning! Kathy, didn't you do something orthodontic yesterday?! Wow!

Chris, sorry about the weather change! I think we're supposed to get some more rain here sometime, too... we'll see. But not blustery cold!!

That is so sad about the kids teasing him!!! ARRRG! :mad: But you're keeping him in it? You should show him youtube clips of the great olympic gymnasts (male of course :D) for inspiration. Really, I'll bet that would help.

Funny about Greg.... I can see you wanting him to be home Saturday, for sure -- that would make your life a lot easier, I would think. I honestly do not know how you guys deal with that crazy schedule! More power to ya'!

Yes! Finally, this morning... in fact, just now as I pulled up cathe.com and saw her there I got excited about going on the RT. I will take a camera, but I'm so awful about getting pics on line! I'm flying down -- it's at least an 8 hour drive for me, but with LA traffic, probably more like 12! :D A one hour flight. Looks like I will arrive before Hottie, and shopping is first thing on the agenda. The woman who supplied the clothes for shock cardio will have a bunch of stuff there to check out. I don't know if I'll actually buy anything, but I'll be checking it! ;)

So, did you end up doing pyramid? That's my guess. I did Tonique Mat this morning and boy I wish Joanne were here to pat me on the back. That is one excruciating workout. I feel my butt looking more "delicious" already. (Sylwia's words).

I'm home today, so going to start packing! Hottie, did you read the tip about putting each workout outfit in its own ziplock bag so that when it's all sweaty you just put it in there, zip it up and don't open it until you're home in front of the washer? It worked well for the NJ RT for me.

Have a great day!

Oh, p.s. I'll probably be back later, but..... tomorrow morning I have to go to a breakfast, leaving the house by about 6:15am:eek:, so won't be around much. Today was my last workout before working out live with Cathe!!

Oh, the breakfast is for Project Cornerstone.... Chris, or Joanne (ha!), do either of you know about it? It's a program the YMCA started for schools to make sure kids have a bunch of things in their life that will make them successful. I've probably botched that explanation! Our school district is the only one in the county who hasn't joined up! They are sending me to check it out.

ok I think beth and I are switching personalities! Our meeting got pushed from 3 to 11 so I'm glad I don't have to miss the meeting but I am slightly concerned my boss will ramble...I had originally thought of sneaking out a little before 12 to get to Beth faster! Beth -- YOU MUST MAKE SURE THERE ARE STILL CLOTHES LEFT FOR ME. I went to dicks sporting goods last night an on top of seeing people from college that I didn't particularly want to see (friends of joe's not mine and then just downright rude to me at one point) and I couldn't find anything....now i realize I put the restriction of 1) must be a decent sale (because I'm frugal) and 2) can't be from Nike (because they've endorsed Michael Vick). I would rather pay out the nose for the small house that supplies Cathe. But yeah, I don't know about this stretch of days but yesterday I was really freaking about the road trip and I dunno, I was afraid I was yet again, I'm too weird and everyone else would hate me and that I would be that lonely kid in the corner and then I would just cling onto Beth (which I will do) and I'd freak her...blah blah. It's just been a weird set of days!

I ended up not getting a workout in and eating a ton last night...I know I said no impact this week but I'm seriously thinking about doing something to lift me up a bit since I just did LIC on Monday.

Beth -- I haven't read anything! I think I'm a cathe.com dunce because I have yet to find any of the info you refer to. It's a delicious butt! I like that better than ba-donk-a-donk. Actually, yesterday a bunch of skinny asian girls that work with me had a 20 minutes discussion about butts because they complained of their lack thereof.

Chris -- hey I sent you a coupon over email for dicks sporting goods. which hiit one did you do? don't worry -- my pics will be up on FB real fast.

Kathy -- I seriously don't envy your kids! hope you have fun today!

ttyl

Holy crap! I just looked at Cathe's itinerary thread..... we are doing cardio core circuit from the dvd (well, I imagine it's live, but the exact same workout???). Oh noooooo! I haven't done that in a while and it's so tough I remember!!!

Hottie, find the Eggland's Best San Diego RT thread and you will find a lot more info. Packing list, etc.

Hey again...

So yes, i did HiiT Pyramid. Could not stomach butt kicks again! :p HiiT was tough!!!! But fun tough, in a crazy sort of way. I hit spit status (breathing so hard I feel like I can't even swallow and feel like spitting!). ... I did Coremax #1 afterwards , before the nice stretch from HiiT. My core muscles are sore. They were really on fire at the end.

I went to Dicks and was lucky. I guess! I got to use the coupon, Hottie (THANK YOU!!!!), and saved $10, but still spent $85. I'm a sucker. Saw some CUTE running capris and a top to match. I love running! And I love it even more in cute clothes! :eek:

Beth: I'm so glad you're getting excited! It's going to be soooooo cool!!! OMG, you're going to get to work out with.... HOTTIE!!!!! (and cathe). ... You silly girl. CCC is NOTHING compared to your Tonique stuff!!! seriously. If you have time, the only thing I would recommend, would be to do the core work premix, alone. Just to get used to some of those weird moves. It's short!!!.... I've not heard of that YMCA program here. Sounds cool though. I'll have to keep my eyes open for it.

Hottie: Wish we went shopping at Dicks together! i could have found you some cute things, on sale! ... Sorry you ran into some a-holes on your trip. that might have thrown your shopping sense. ... You and Beth are going to have SO much fun! YES! take pictures and send them ASAP! Make sure you have my email addy in case you can't post them.

I think I'm ALMOST as excited bout the RT as you guys!! :eek:

hey so i did athletic step today and walked evee. i had breaks in between because of energy levels, nothing else but it was decent. glad I got it in though now I wish I did CCC so I could remember what's in it. Absolutely nothing high impact from this point on.

Chris -- I do wish i went with you -- I would have split the purchase with you so you could have saved $20 (that's what Joe and I always do, hence the double print on the pdf). The couple we saw is a bit weird. The guy and I have no problem really with each other but the woman and me...elch. Joe was decent friends with her but he was pretty disappointed in her air of "bitchiness" if it makes any sense (and I gave them that coupon I sent you so she could save another $10 and she was sorta like hmpf though her husband was very appreciative). I think part of it is that we're both biology (though she was a grad student while I was UG at caltech) and she's jobless right now and paying rent to live in her exbfs condo (that's how Joe knows her) and we just got a house blah blah, but all the animosity at ME and not at Joe who was actually telling her the stuff. blech! anyway, I mentioned that to Joe who later was like, no, she's just bitchy to you. Oh well. I DO think you burn more calories the cuter your workout clothes are. makes sense to me. As for the kids teasing your gymnast son, they'll get their comeuppance when your kid is ripped and they're not! Oooh, how mean. If I were there, I think my tongue could take them a couple notches.

Beth -- you just realized now i'm insane because of the ice cream? you're too funny. We have gotten down to SD in less than 2 hrs (but pumping 80+mi/hr on the freeway) but that was like an early Saturday morning. My hope is to get there before 3 anticipating some traffic. I may bypass Anaheim by taking the 110->405->5 instead of just hopping on the 5S from Joe's workplace. The carpool lane on the 110S starts about 3 mi after the entrance from Joe's workplace but we are going to have to make the decision minutes before we start based on live traffic. It's funny -- I think an airplane would take me LONGER between getting to LAX, waiting, boarding, getting off, etc. weather is gorgeous btw over here. It'll probably continue to stay. I'm debating about what dress to bring...I have this blue party dress my sister bought for my last year that I never wore...but she'll kill me if I wear ugly shoes with it...

off to the gyn (FUN!...not) so I can get a refill on my BC after I get invaded down there...

Hi ladies...

Chris: I did the pyramid Hiit too. I wasn't in the mood to do 40/20 again either...I tackled coremax #1 as well. Dick's has some great stuff! You have to get some new stuff some time. At least it is being put to good use!

Beth and Hottie: Wow, that is going to be a tough workout to do live....Maybe she will take it easy on you all some. I would not want to do that one live. I would be modifying big time. Can't wait to hear about how much fun you have. Enjoy your trip!

Ok, Lauren was such a great patient today at the orthodontist. She got her braces on this morning. The rest of the day she is eating soft. Chris didn't fair as well. His gag flex got in the way and they couldn't get anything done to him this morning. They are going to try again when Lauren goes back in May...I felt so bad for him because he was really trying to get through it. But, it just wasn't happening..I also gave them the day off from the school lessons so they could recooperate from the trauma. HAHA

Ok, time to finish up dinner. It was a beautiful day here.....

Hottie: You just make me LOL! FIRST, @ burning more calories if you wear cute outfits!!!! That is so true!!! AND LOL @ being invaded at your GYN. AGAIN, truer than true!.... I know Alex's friends at school will all be very impressed when he is ripped and doing back flips in the air! Take that! Little poops! I hate kids (other people's kids) (But not YOURS, Beth, Kathy or Joanne ;))

Kathy: YAY for HiiT Pyramid!!! glad I wasn't the only one not into 40/20 again. ... You must be so relieved that Lauren is ok with the braces. I'm sorry to hear about Chris. Zach had the xrays and is going for the moldings next month, I believe. I know I had moldings done for a bite guard (I wear one at night for teeth clenching), and it is horribly disgusting!! The gag is so bad! It must be super hard for a kid.

I had the yummiest supper. I made a single serving for myself, because Zach had his first baseball practice and the other 2 had tortellini's. It was Italian Eggs over Spinach and Polenta. Weird combo, but very easy, quick and so good!

Homework time! :confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.