March 10 Check in Wednesday 10th******

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

We are heading off to the orthodontist soon for both kids...Not looking forward to this..Chris is a gagger and it isn't going to be easy getting the mold done of his mouth and stuff...Hope it goes better then I fear...Anyway, workout today is Gym Style legs...I am feeling a little sore in the core today from yesterday and still feel a little in the chest and triceps too...

ok, be back after the ortho visit....

Good Morning Kathy!

Hey Everyone!

Couldn't get to 20 yesterday, but Hottie gets the again! :p I should have come back!!!

Today is supposed to be GS Legs. For some reason GS isn't doing it for me lately. I remember last GS Leg workout I did, it was really tough and of course, I *un*heart the stability ball, and I got NO to little DOMS. I'm thinking I might do a STS Legs workout from Meso 1 instead. (Anything to avoid that ball!!)

Kathy: Ugh on the orthodontist. Zach goes later in the month for his impressions. Hope it goes well for you today!!! ... Cool on your core being sore!! :)

Hottie: Ugh on the munchies. I get them so bad too. It's worst for me after dinner. I made a new rule for myself. Absolutely NO eating past 9:30pm. (The kids don't get settled until 9p, so that leaves me 1/2 hour for a snack). I've been going way overboard in the evenings lately.

ALex and Jake have 1/2 day today, they'll be home for noontime. At least it's nice out! Maybe if they're "bored" and no friends are around, we'll head to the park for a bit!

someone stop me! I just ate four oreos on top of my breakfast! don't know what workout I'm going to do as I'm enjoying finally getting some restful sleep by going right back to bed...

Hi ladies...

Hottie: Get away from the oreos!! HAHA Enjoy your rest and whatever workout you decide on today...

Chris: Enjoy your leg workout..I am going to get mine done here soon...It is suppose to rain here today. Hope you are able to get outside....I decided to give mine the day off from school since we had the orthodontist and this afternoon they have PE class. I hate rushing the lessons. So, nothing today. I needed a mental health day anyway...

Ok, luckily it was a pretty painless visit at the orthodontist today. Well, painless for the kids anyway. We talked about the procedures to be done and payments..Ouch for Vic and I...1500 for Chris' and 2300 for Lauren's procedure...And insurance doesn't pay much for ortho treatments...Big big sigh!!! Chris got spacers put in and a mold will be happening in 2 weeks from today. Lauren gets braces on the top in 2 weeks. Chris goes in April for an appliance to be put in on his upper mouth to correct an crossbite...I don't look forward to that at all...

Time to head downstairs and take it out on the weights with my leg workout!! HAHA

Talk to you later...

Last edited:
Hi ladies. Wow, we were so close! 19 posts yesterday. Hottie, once again you get the cupcake. Forget the oreos and eat the cupcake! ;) OK, that was a really bad joke. I know how it is - I've been going crazy with peanut M&Ms so I feel for you. I get stressed and I eat them. Simple. Why can't I stop?? I just should not buy them.

Hottie, yes, there is a Paul Hastings office here. I just looked it up and it's a few blocks from my office. Small world, huh? Love how you put those associates in their place! :) :) Well, I got the nickname jojobean in college when I dressed up like a bag of jelly beans for halloween. Long story!! Hey - no picking on the Cubs! ;) Yea, we do watch them lose more than win I must admit! 50 degrees is balmy here in March. People (mostly those who shouldn't) break out the shorts. Today is supposed to be 60!! Heat wave!

Chris, I say go for it - sub a Meso leg workout for GS. I'm not really into the GS's lately either. It's not like the Meso leg workouts are a walk in the park! Hope you guys get out today and enjoy the weather!

Kathy, glad the ortho went better than you thought! Those prices actually don't sound too bad. Colin's friend needs braces and the ortho told his mom that it would be between $8,500-10,000. That's just insane. I referred her to ours, who is about the same as the price you got. Ian had that appliance, too. It wasn't too bad - he had to wear it at night for a few months, I think.

Hey Beth!

Last night was just a bad night. I don't know what's going on with me. I'm so moody. Does PMS last longer when you are nearing menopause? I just blew up at the kids last night. Well, first I took Jameson to orientation. It was fine, but not really what I expected. He didn't really have to go, but I didn't know that. I thought it would be more about the curriculum but it was more just talking about how great the school was and what to expect in terms of discipline, the dress code and all that. They had kids there modeling the dress code and what they can wear during certain times of the year. We get in the car and I'm talking to Jameson and he's getting all annoyed and finally tells me "mom, geez, please just stop talking!" Like I was bothering him. I know, normal behavior for a 13 year old, but I got all teary-eyed. Just kind of made me sad. Then I get home and DH is annoyed with me cause he wanted to take Jameson. Well, he was driving Colin to soccer practice. I left a message on his cell phone to meet us there. He didn't check his phone, but he's still annoyed with me cause we didn't wait for him. Why not just go and meet us?? Then the kids just started annoying me and I totally lost it and just started screaming. It was like I knew I was being unreasonable, but couldn't stop myself. Of course, I hugged and apologized to everyone later, but I think I scared them all a bit!

I did have a good workout this morning. I did Squeeze Stronger upper body, waist and abs. Then I did Tracey's Staehle's Cardio Kickbox something or other, the new one. Chris, did you try it yet? I really liked the workout, but there were a few spots where it just didn't flow too well. Like it was hard to get on the same beat as they were. And, the cuing wasn't too great. But, it's simple combos, so once I do it a few times, I'm sure it'll be fine.

OK, enough rambling (I say that alot, don't I? ;))

Have a good day all!

Joanne

Last edited:
The boys will be home in a few minutes, so thought I'd throw in another post..

I did do STS DISC 3. Loved it! See, no dread! Even the front one legged lunges off the step were short and sweet! I do have a feeling I will feel it tomorrow. And I LOVE the bonus work at the end. I need to do those Tibialus moves with the ball more often. I did Seg #1 of TBS too. that felt great!

HOTTIE: Step away from the oreos!!! (funny coming from the woman who ate 1/3 of the package of Golden Chocolate Oreos ..the choc is in the middle...after the GS cookies on Sunday!!!). But I felt horrid afterwards, a fair warning!

Kathy: Those aren't bad prices as all for braces! I think ours was guessed to be around $5,000. But we haven't had the specific consult where they do the molding yet. Luckily, we have very good orthodontal insurance. ... Have fun with GS Legs!

Joanne: Too funny and TOO true about people breaking out the shorts for 50 degrees! Here too! In fact, one day last week I noticed that ALL the men wearing shorts on that day were OLD and WRINKLY! And I live near a college!! Where are the hot young cuties with shorts, huh????.... Sounds like things just built up last night, Joanne. Though I swear, before I started on the Pill a few years ago, my PMS was out of control. I hated how irritible and emotionally labile I was. Even when it wasn't PMS time. The Pill is a wonder drug, I do believe. (Plus no period and little symptoms, except fatigue and now I'm thinking occasional killer headaches??). .... But gosh, you have so much on your plate and to have that pressure on you and have DH pissed for NO reason. And Zach totally talks to me that way too. Did I tell you last week after his band concert i was talking to him as we were walking out, and he says, "Jesus Christ, Mom, just stop!" (talking). Well, I was upset and hurt that he used that word that way, AND that he acted like he didn't like me. ... Your workout sounds good today! I'm anxiious to try Tracey's KB Challenge now! When will i do it? Maybe saturday.... Tomorrow is Athletic Step and I don't want to miss that. ...The off on the music and bad cuing might annoy me a little though.

*waves* to Beth!!!!!!

Ug! I posted a pretty long reply but when it was trying to post I lost my internet connection! Arrrrg!

So, the condensed version..... Kathy, sorry about the orthodonti$t news!!! Ug!

Chris, good idea to switch workouts -- I hate that stability ball work, too, and the STS workouts (especially legs) are really so much fun, aren't they?!

Joanne, wasn't that a long workout for you today? I ended up doing Bum Bum Rapido and then Sculpt. I think that was my first time for Rapido (a ten minute version of BB basically), and I really liked it for a quick gotcha'. I also liked Sculpt quite a bit. I feel fried. Got the kids off to school and came home and fell asleep for a while! I may know why I've been so tired.... got my blood results back and to me it looks as though I'm borderline anemic, though the dr. (via nurse) said it's nothing to worry about. But, they did put me on vitamin D because that was also low. I'm hoping the vitamin D might actually do something, but in the meantime I'm trying to be better about my B vitamins (through vitamins and food!). I'm tired of being tired, you know? And I know you all are sick of hearing about it!! ;)

More mouse torture during the workout. Thank goodness we got the cats. It's been down to freezing at night lately, so I think that's why they're suddenly coming in. Yuck!!

Ok, better see if this posts and then catch up on yesterday!!

Chris, I like the STS leg workouts - they don't rep you to death and there's lots of variety. OMG - Zach and Jameson sound alot alike. That is almost exactly what happened with Jameson and I last night. It's like all of a sudden they don't like you. Ugh! But then when we got home he was upset with Caitlyn and his brothers for getting me upset. He really is a good kid - it's just so tough being a parent sometimes! I think we're about the same age (47-ish?) - what does your doc say about how long you should stay on the pill? Like when does it make sense to not have to take it anymore? I tried it a few years ago and gained 10 pounds in like a month. I'm sure it was just water and would have come off, but I quit taking it. Well, now I have those 10 pounds anyway. :(

Beth, stinky internet!! Yes, it was a long workout. I woke up at 4:00 am. Realized I wasn't going back to sleep cause I had too much on my mind so I got up at 4:30. It was close to 6:30 when I finished. Did a couple loads of laundry in between. I'm sure I'll crash soon. Hopefully the vitamins will help your energy level. I'm so bad about taking them, I always forget.

The boys came home and were off with their friends. They are such boys/kids. Riding their bikes up and down the street with about 6 of them. Doing "boy" stuff. I guess I'm happy they're with their buddies and having fun, outside, but I was kind of wanting to go to the park. Instead, i sat out in the backyard with my old Cooking Light magazines trying to find some good 'to make' recipes. The sun was nice and warm, but there is still a briskness in the air. I think 55 is not warm enough. I'm needing 65!!

Beth: Dangnabitit internet! I hate when my posts get eaten for whatever reason. Wow. You have been really tired lately. I thought it was because you haven't been sleeping good or long enough. Did they recommend you take iron supplements? That would boost your blood cells. I tried to take Vit B, but my stomach gets icky after it. Though I'm told there is a liquid version that doesn't make you queasy. I do take Vitamin D (1,000 u a day) and Zinc and calcium and Vit C. every day. Anyhow, hope you feel better with vitamins!. .. Another Bum Bum workout! Cool! ... I was really liking the variety in STS DISC 3 today. And the chair work for bonus was very cool. I'm sooo glad I talked myself out of GS Legs! .... Still dont' know how you are in the house with mice! Though I know my cats would LOVE to have a few!!

Joanne: I turn 47 in May. I wonder if it's the Pill that has given me these stubborn extra 10 lbs or what. I mean, my eating does suck 3 out of 7 days. So i really think it's me, in the long run. Actually, my GYN said I could stay on them until Menopause. He saw no issues with me taking them. I guess I'm low risk enough. I'm active, I don't smoke. ..... Oh, Zach is totally different at home with me. He can be so loving and sweet. He still says "I love you" when he leaves for school. I know it's all about teenage embarassment . I actually remember HATING my mother when i was in high school. HATING her with a passion. I hope girls are worse than boys and they don't ever feel that way about me :(. I don't know how my mother's heart wasn't broken by my mean behavior back then, ya know?

Oh yeah.... I sympathized about the bad night in my eaten post. Travis (10 years old remember!) has been asking me to stop talking for a few years now. It's in the car usually..... and usually on the way home from school. I don't usually let it bother me because I can tell he is just "full" and can't listen anymore -- it's more about him than me. I guess that's something for me to remember in the teenage years (it's about him)!

Hottie, I think there's a good chance Gina and Evee would get along. Evee's probably more dog-socialized than Gina. She's only had trouble with one dog, and that's the one who bit her (on both legs!). Other than that, she's usually excited to run around with other dogs. September, eh? Cool! There's no way Gina would last in that long a car ride! She does awful things just on the way to the vet.... that's the only (minor) problem with Gina... we'd love to take her places, but she just cannot ride in a car.

::sigh:: my workout time was interrupted with a fight between me and Joe that lasted entirely too long. now I'm at work dizzy and headachy and all I want to do go is home under the blankets. Oh well, science will distract me for a little bit I guess. I do like reading about your stories (well, except the hating your mother parts)...

Chris, isn't it fun to see the kids out being just kids?! I haven't been out yet, they are saying it's beautiful out. I hope my kids get out and play after school. Oh no, don't say you hope girls are worse than boys! ;) I have one of those! I tell you the social stuff starts way earlier with girls than boys. Like, she's not my friend anymore, she doesn't like me, she was mean to me..... Can't wait till Caitlyn is a teenager. ;)

Tully loves people - dogs not so much! I think it's just that she hasn't been around them too much.

Hottie, so sorry to hear about the fight. It can be so draining. Hope you have a better night.

Well, I'm off to my meeting now. I probably won't be on tomorrow or Friday (unless I can get on in the evening). So everyone have a great weekend!

Joanne

Ahhhh..Hottie, I'm sorry you had a fight :( and that it ruined your day. So far! maybe things will get better?

Joanne: will miss you , don't work too hard!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.