March 10 Check in Monday 1rst**********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

We are in March now..Wow!!! I saw Cathe's March rotation and I like it. So, that is what I am doing this month starting today. Today is Muscle Endurance...Anyone else doing the March rotation?

Be back to chat later....

March!!! How can it be?! Yes, I saw the rotation, Kathy, and it looks so great!!! Though since I don't have S&H, I think I'd substitute the 4DS weight work. I'm torn..... I thought I had it all planned out.... with the road trip coming up, I was going to make sure I did one hiit and one step (yes, Hottie, I realize I need to practice both of them! It's just that step moves seems harder), a day of BBL, a day of Tonique, a day of total body weight work that has cardio factor (like NMTZ or Lalo), and a day of mat work, with upper body added in on the hiit day. Hmmmm, my mind will be churning on this today!!! I slept horribly last night, so I almost decided to go back to sleep, but then I started thinking about Travis off to science camp and decided if I was going to lay there awake thinking, I should work out. So, it was mat day and I did tonique mat, but only 2/3 of it because I ran out of time from staying in bed a bit.

Joanne, I have your post up in another tab so I can comment.... so much interesting stuff there. How's hubby? That sounds awful, but it is petty hilarious about the donut day!! We have been watching 30 Rock on dvd -- does anyone watch it? -- and recently saw an episode where the union brings them secret location sandwiches once a year and your donut story reminded me of that. Anyway, I hope he is feeling better and that he's able to enjoy the treats!!

Nice play, eh? I was so amazed at the caliber of talent in our middle school play as well -- it was a musical and the singing was quite good, and like you mentioned, a couple of them really had presence up there on stage. Good to know you didn't have to give up half your life for a few months to make it happen!

Oh, yeah, the three seater car thing.... yes, a "station wagon" is probably what I'll end up with. There are a handful of them, you probably just are unaware of them. Volvo makes one, and I think Larry's leaning toward that for the safety factor. Suburu makes one but it's more like a mini-suv and Larry is down on it because he thinks it's a gas hog, even though he loves the suburu. And then there are some american ones. There's a very expensive mercedes some mom at school drives (they have four kids), but we won't be going there. :)

We had fun yesterday -- the hockey game was awesome!! Chris, you missed the end, did you? Darn! Joanne, I also felt like they were so crazy to feel so bad and sad.... for goodness sake they were getting silver medals afterall! And I commented on it and Larry said "it's a guy thing.... it's all about winning.... if you don't win, you're a loser." Or something like that. Sad. I think if they could have had the medal ceremony later, they might have felt better about it. At least they gave Ryan Miller the mvp award. He was awesome through the series. We were somewhat torn about who to root for at the beginning of the game (as were our friends) because there are a bunch of Sharks on the Canadian team, but it became clear as the game went on that we were rooting for the Americans. :D In a way though, I am glad the Canadians got it, since they hosted, it was the last event, and for crying out loud, they did invent the game. ;)

Anyway, then we got home and it was absolutely nuts here! Our friends were here to cook dinner. They are the one with the one year old. Travis had to write a report that's due today and he hadn't even started. So, I juggled between helping Travis, watching the baby while they cooked because Larry gets too distracted, tried to help set the table, etc., kept Dylan from bugging Travis. Oh my gosh, just nuts. The baby is so cute, but our house is not at all baby-proof -- in fact, it's really baby-hazardous, and he's all over the place and very noisy, so.... it was mayhem. Dinner was excellent though, and they brought over a trial cake they had made because they are making a wedding cake for a friend in a couple of weeks and they've made a couple so far. This is the winner, and they left it all with us because they've been eating so much cake. So much for my no sugar! Chocolate cake with a blackberry filling and home-made marzipan "frosting". Yum!

On the kids being bored thing..... at a parenting thing I went to recently (led by Travis' ADHD dr.), he had a really interesting way of commenting on kids who are "bored". I'm not sure I remember it well enough now to convey it but I'll try.... he said that if kids think they are bored, it's really just that their minds aren't organized. There are plenty of things to do always, in any situation, they just need to have some structure in order to think of what to do in that situation (standing in line, for instance, even). Since I have really strong memories of "being bored" all the time when I was a kid, this really hit home for me. Last time my kids said they were bored (a couple of days ago), I made them make a list of ten things they could do. It was interesting to see what they came up with (and how long it took them). I'm not sure you could get a 12 year old to do this, so I'm not sure this helps you at all, except maybe just the perspective about the mind being unorganized.

Ok, I've gone on and on..... got to go pack lunches.....

Hi ladies!

Kathy, I haven't looked at March yet. Glad to hear it looks good! I just love Muscle Endurance. Everytime I do it I think, wow, that's a great workout! Just hits everything and it's kind of fun - except all the leg pressed.

Beth, I know, I was a bit chatty last night! Well, DH came home looking absolutely miserable and climbed right into bed. I'm not so sure he enjoyed the donuts! I'm waiting for the doctor's office to open and I'm making an appt. for him to go in. He's way overdue for lots of stuff - he was supposed to have a stress test, he needs his blood pressure meds adjusted, his hip (he had a hip replacement about eight years ago) has been aching, and it goes on! Sucks getting old! ;) Seriously, he really just needs to take better care of himself. Wow, sounds like a busy, but fun, day there. I like the rotation you had planned out for yourself - I may do something like that. Oh yea, I just ordered BBL. ;) Couldn't help myself. But, that's it!! There's really nothing else I want. I used to watch 30 Rock. Really funny show! I kind of lost track of it, though, but I do enjoy it when I see it. We were thinking about a Subaru when we got our car. We were too rushed, though, to look around. We were doing the cash for clunkers thing and it was the last day, so we had to get something that day. I like the Foresters, not sure if it's three rows, though. I didn't realize, but there were three Blackhawk's players on the Canada team. So, I'm happy for them! Mmmm, that cake sounds delish! That makes sense about the list when kids are bored. Ian was in such a mood yesteray, though, he would have said, no, making a list is boring!! ;) We finally did play Monopoly. We only have the Here and Now version, which I hate!! Just not the same. It's all "modernized". All the properties are different and everything costs way more. We played for about a half hour, Ian got bored and quit! Then Caitlyn took over and played for him. She actually did pretty good understanding the game for her age.

Did Step Moves this morning. It was fun until a big box of DH's tools that were sitting on the washing machine fell off and spilled some kind of oil all over my clothes and sockets everywhere. Ugh!! Spotted the clothes - hopefully they will come out. Cleaned up and finished the workout. Tomorrow is PUB, I think.

Waves to everyone else!

Joanne

Wow, everyone is awesomely chatty today and this weekend! I was out of it because of me trying to fight that cold. I sat at the health center for over 2 hrs waiting...they actually had locked up the building by the time they sent me away so I had to leave through another side exit. It wasn't bacterial so no antibiotics, so it was me really trying to fight it off. I am now in love with Mucinex D -- totally worth the extra dough. I think this is the first time that I got hit that hard with a cold and was able to stop it before it reached my chest because when that happens, I'm out for a while. I didn't work out over the weekend because I felt so crappy but I did Athletic Step today which was fun but I did need a breathing break. Evee got sick last night -- my stupid fault. Long story short -- some charred stuff at the bottom of the pot she managed to eat before I realized and she was not doing well in the morning. I stayed with her but after a banana, water, tummy rubs, and a walk, she was doing a lot better. I had been feeding her slowly as well because I wasn't sure exactly when she threw up in the night -- I suspect around 2am, but I wanted there to be enough time for her stomach to clear. Oh and her poop this morning after Athletic Step...fun stuff. Speaking of poop, we had another couples session yesterday. Our new guy is definitely very good but man, its emotionally just...I dunno...like harder than Imax3 at times? I'm glad we have someone we both respect but I'm really wondering if its too late. It's truly draining at times, but we're just going to push on through and see where it takes us. On good news, I think my boss finally left for Europe so our lab will be a little more relaxed this week. That's always fun.

Kathy -- I have not seen the March rotation but I will look at it as soon as I'm done posting!
Beth -- I love your long posts!!! My sister had a similar argument about the minivan thing but she needs a three seater for her kids. She has a Lexus SUV (same one as Cathe's). I think its one of those where the third row folds up or something? It's big though. I missed the hockey game but I'm more sad I missed your cake! One of these weekends I should just drive up to your place, break into your guest house, and just eat and play video games with your kids. That's probably enough vacation for me. :) Did i tell you guys how I made Nilla sandwich cookies with dulce de leche filling? It was a big hit for most people. And how I made the dulce de leche was awesome -- I LOVE MY PRESSURE COOKER (despite it failing me last night). Mmmm...I really need to build up more muscle so I can eat whatever I want...oh and the men and winning comment -- it may be true but dude, I just wanna smack some guys for that kinda thinking sometimes!
Joanne--DONUTS!!!! I was thinking about bribing my lab to move our lab meeting to the morning for the first day of the RT so I wouldn't have to miss it by using LA's best donuts as the bribe. Man, I miss donuts. You know, there are no dunkin donuts in LA? Or SoCal actually? The closest to me is in Arizona?!!? So when I go to NJ I stuff munchkins in my mouth. I hope the oil comes out of the clothes -- did you soak them for now? Get Ian hooked onto Settlers of Catan -- it's a bit more "thinky" (though a ton more nerdy). It's hard to find games for people under 20 I think. After spending wayyyyy too much time on it, I'm getting my oldest niece the Endless Ocean game for her bday coming up. But I was looking through both board and video games going -- man, they're just totally targeting for small kids or adults now. It just sucks to be in between!

Hmm...I think Chris has posted in the meantime...but I'm thinking about snagging a Togos wrap for lunch before i reload...

Well, Ian is off bowling with his friend. It started out as Ian going with two girls, they couldn't make it, so he went with his friend who called. Mmm, learned some interesting stuff waiting for a lane with them. Ian has a girlfriend. Really??? News to me!! His friend is really chatty - Ian is very closed-mouthed! His friend also has a girlfriend, but he couldn't tell me who it was - it's a secret. ;)

Hottie, oh, poor Evee. But very lucky to have such a caring mom! Man, that counseling sounds so tough! Hugs again - I hope you can work through it all. I think if you made it this far it makes sense to see it through and see where it goes, you know? Really - no Dunkin' Donuts in LA?? Wow. They are all over around here. In fact, I think Togos are connected to Dunkin' Donuts here - no, wait I think it's Baskin Robbins and Togos maybe?? I've got the clothes in the wash now - I put some grease removing soap of DH's and some Shout on them - now to assess the damage when I get them out. Settlers of Catan sounds like something more up Jameson's alley - he's more the "nerdy" type. Did that sound bad?? Nerdy in a good way! Ian's never really been into video games. I totally agree about the games targeting small kids or adults. There's no much in between.

DH is off to the doctor's now. This is the doctor we really don't like all that much. He kind of waits for you to tell him what's wrong and then he agrees. :( I got a new doctor, but DH hasn't switched. We have an HMO, so he's stuck for now.

Hope you are getting some sleep Chris!

Joanne

Hey Girls!!!

Just a quickie right now, because I have to hit the showers and start supper for the boys... Mondays fly, they really do!

After a little bit of ponderance, I decided to do Cathe's MARCH Rotation!!! YIPPPEE! It does look kind of cool, so much variety week to week. The only thing is, I swear I just did a premix or SOMETHING from ME, and I did just do IM2 last week. So it feels a tiny bit repetitive. But I can improvise if I really feel the need...

So I did ME this afternoon. I read your posts first, and felt forewarned about the Leg Presses (did them on 5 instead of 6 risers) and did fine with it! I really kind of liked the weights and exercises!

I really better run... ACK!

BBL!
(But HOttie you must know that you made me LOL/smile with your line about "speaking of poop...". at least you have a sense of humor!!! )

BBL!!!!!

Hey again..

I know I'm late , but i guess I can have a chance to the "thread killer" today! ;)

Kathy: Hope you enjoyed ME. I was suprised at how much i did. I was a little leary about doing weights on a Monday again (with my sleep deprivation issues), but it went really well! IM2 tomorrow!!!

Beth: I kind of wish you'd do the MARCH rotation too!!! :) But you also have me wanting BBL as well. You've been doing it a good amount lately, and so it must be good! ... When does Travis go off to Science Camp? Is he gone already? is it a sleepover camp? ...... Your day sounds like it ended up being fun. I actually did catch the end of the hockey game before I left for work. wasn't the ending I'd hoped for. But I wasn't all that upset, because hockey really IS Canada's sport. And they were hosting the Olympics, so in a way, I was kind of happy they won too. I agree about the poor US Goalie. what a load of responsibility on HIS shoulders, huh? Poor kid!!.......Oh yes, the sound of that cake is making me drool!!! .... That is interesting about the "bored" thing and kids. Sad thing is, I probably couldn't even have made a list of "things to do" on that snow day we had that week either! LOL!

Joanne: That is too funny about your hubby and the donut day at work!! men are weird, aren't they? I love donuts too. :) but not sure I'd go to work sick to eat them!! I know what you are talking about though. The Putchki's or something like that (Pronounced "Poonchkies"). Never had one but they look SO decadent!!! Hope things are ok with him. I know Greg has an aversion to doctors. he thinks they're "worthless" and just out to make a buck. Coming from someone MARRIED TO A NURSE! Ugh. Luckily , he has no big health issues (for now). Let us know how things go! .... SM's is a fun one!! sorry about the oil spill though , sounds messy!... Wow, better you than me with the son with girlfriends! LOL!.... I always imagine my boys talking to me about everything though. I guess it won't happen with GF's. :(

Hottie: HURRAY for Mucinex D! glad you found something to make you feel better. I STILL have a snotty nose from my cold 3 weeks ago. Yuck. .... Poor Evee!! Poor YOU having to clean dog pukies AND poops. I have a hard enough time with the kitties' litter box cleaning and hairballs!!! :p .... I could not live without Dunkin Donuts. I adore their coffee. I also love the Munchkins (jelly filled! mmm!), but try not to (unless there's a box at work for pickings!). ...... Working on relationships is harder than IMAX 3. I agree. I secretly sometimes imagine mysel "becoming" a lesbian and having a girl spouse instead of a man. I think that men's skewed brains are half , if not all, of the problem !!!! .... Hey, at leats you have Togos there!

Almost time to hunker down on the couch and watch the season finale of The Bachelor. Total garbage TV, and I hate the 2 final choices, but I have to watch. :eek:

Oh I just had a fun time with one of my tutoring students though I spent so much time chatting with her that I didn't charge the full hour. And I just found a Caltech alum I used to hang out with on FB who apparently does Cathe workouts as well!

Joanne -- well, Evee was all better when we came home and HUNGRY. So, I think the worst has been averted. Ian has a GF! How cute! We couldn't have boyfriends when we were at home but after I got serious with Joe I was pretty open with my mother. Actually, my sister always freaks out when she finds out how openly we talk about stuff now (as in, she puts her fingers in ears and starts screaming, our parents only had sex twice, our parents only had sex twice!). Does it make you nervous about Ian or does it just make you smile that he's growing up?

Chris -- actually, Joe cleaned most of the puke (you see it first, you clean it first), but I took over after he left. Oh, if you come out to LA, Chris, I will take you to ALL the places to gorge yourself and at all different price levels too. But I don't know what I'd do without Togos...I dont' know if you noticed on FB but the owner of that Togos location near work actually knows me and knows which things I like to order. When he's on campus he always stops and says hi to me too. It is both cool and makes me blush.

I AM THE THREAD KILLER!!! WHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.