March 09***CHECK-IN*** Weekend 7-8th

::YAWN::

That's right, insomnia. Freaking insomnia. Again. From Friday night. Again.

I'm thinking about trying to stay awake through it...eat some calorific comfort food and calling my mother (I was waiting until I think her morning prayers would be done). On tap...LIC on 8 inches -- we'll see how I do. I did the step routine only of Low Max on 8 inches and I definitely had moments of struggling...it only got easier by combo 4 or 5 and that's without blasts!

It's weird how stress is such a see saw. Two weeks ago all I could think about is work and despite things not working perfectly at the bench, I'm handling it wayyy better (but still having my moments!) because I'm mostly stressing out about buying the house. Not only did the bank give us less than 30 days to close, the annoying sellers who are almost defaulting on the load if it weren't for us, didn't bother putting on the electricity for us to get the inspections done...why? Because the power company shut off his power because he owes them so much $$$$$$. And why can't the listing agent get it on for 48 hrs? Because her name was on the power bill because she's his gf we just found out. So now *I* have to open an account to a house I may not even buy. ::sigh:: I'm actually rather sympathetic to people in this horrible boat but I just don't understand why we couldn't have been informed about this stuff like a week ago so I could take care of things. I just want to smack them because in the end, if I walk away, its a foreclosure on his credit not a short sale.

There's of course more to vent but I'll save that after I rest up. ;)

Hi Hottie...

Thanks for getting us started this weekend ;)

Sorry about the insomnia; been there done that and I hate when I deal with it.

Sheesh as far as the seller to your maybe new home - I can totally understand your frustrations about it all.

Thats one thing I do not look forward to next year when we put our house up for sale and start on the new one. I'll be getting the double whammy of being both seller & buyer & possibly renter until the new one is built - It is so stressful.

Sending you big hugs.

LIC is fun so just enjoy what you can do. Hopefully that will relieve some of the stress you are dealing with.

I'll BBL to post when I finish my workout for today :)

picture.php

Hey Hottie! Vilma!

Holy Cow, Hottie, you are up early! (or late??) ... I can totally understand your stressing and insomnia. I'm sure your mind is racing a mile a minute!! LIC *IS* the funnest! enjoy and sweat!

Vilma: Hope your workout is also fun and sweaty!! Did you start back with CLX yet or has your schedule not straightened out? How are you feeling , too? Sounds like we're on a similar "monthly" schedule. Yesterday was really shitty for me, I had that headache, cramps and was in this weird mood. I struggled with food all day.

Yesterday I did Yoga (Namaste: Warrior Poses) in the afternoon. After watching Desperate Housewives and eating a big bowl of popcorn (I made a deal with myself to put away the M&Ms! and had popcorn instead... YES.. THAT bad!). But i did the Yoga , and the beginning was a "cat series". I LOL, because Kiwi decided he was going to weave in and out of my arms and legs during "Cat". I was quite amused!

I'm going to do a 30 minute cardio this morning> I think probably a Turbo Jam, the "Live" one.

As I sit here, the boys are fighting and my cramps are coming back... *sigh*

I'm hoping with the warmer weather today they'll get outside and get their sillies out!!!!!! Please????

Good morning! Hottie, so sorry about all the house stress. It is just so very stressful and I know I have had my share of sleepless nights when working on real estate transactions. I cannot believe you had to open a pg&e account on that address -- it is just crazy, but makes sense when you know the details.

Vilma/Chris, I hope you both end up feeling better today. How's Silver progressing? Funny about your cat during cat, Chris!

I slept in until 6am and then did X-stretch from p90x. I liked it. I'm really feeling like I want to work out even though today is a rest day. My eating has been bad, too -- I swear we are in sync on that!! I am going to start over with STS disc 1 tomorrow but with heavier weights than I used the first time (since I'm supposed to be working at 65% by now). I'm going to repeat the first and second weeks, at least that's what I think right now -- so that I think have my recovery week the same week as the boys' spring break. We have no plans yet, but it sounds like we probably want to go somewhere.

Happy Saturday!

-Beth

I am on a roll, ladies! I'm feeling so good -- but taking a short break now, obviously. I'm cleaning! I cleaned out my laundry room so I can actually see some of the counter in there, and I completely cleaned out my refridgerator. I'm on to either the pantry or my scary dreaded desk next. Feeling so so good!!

-Beth

Chris you're Cat Kiwi was trying to help :).
I have caught a couple of those Namaste yoga shows often while flipping channels. As much as I would like to start yoga I never do :rolleyes: I feel it could help but I have a certain time frame to workout in before the family comes in and bugging me. Maybe one day.

Beth
Wow you sure sound like you are feeling fantastic :) Good for you. You can come over and clean out my laundry room if'n ya want lol. As the weather gets warmer and the days longer I feel my energy slowly coming back. So I hope to be as energetic also ;)

Silver is doing very good. Actually today was the 1st day since he's been home that he has made a point to show his sister that he's top cat again lol so I know he's doing better.

So I am back to CLX I've decided to just workout on the days dh is at work as he is a big distractor for me. The other day he took apart the old microwave just because :rolleyes: no sane reason at all.

Today I did the Burn Circuit 2 and followed it up with LIC cardio only premix :)

So far I am liking CLX although I've only done two of the workouts. This is my intro to Chalene and I like her; she's got a great personality in my opinion and its just refreshing to workout to another 'trainer'. I find the moves do have a learning curve but I'm getting along ok so far with it and I've been using my vest for some moves.

Hmm I guess that's about it for me as my dryer is telling me my clothes are done :confused:

picture.php

Wanted to post a bit, but I have to get ready for that 4 letter word now!

:eek:

Hope you guys have a good weekend!

I think I have officially run out of steam for now. I had to tend to the boys for a while. We threw the football around so much that my hand wouldn't stop shaking! How am I going to do that shoulder work tomorrow?! Then I did a bit in the pantry, then we took a walk in the woods and the boys and Gina were so crazy dangerous I know it took some moments off my life. I even said "you boys are going to take years off my life" and Travis said "it's easy Mom, we're kids!". And then, well, I had a hard time getting back into that pantry work. Maybe I'll sort through some desk paperwork.

-Beth

Sunday Morning

I set my clock forward before bedtime and I really didn't notice the lost hour - yet.

I'm about ready to do Burn Intervals and the ab work for the first time. It's playing right now so I can see what its like.

Today is another bright and sunny day with warm temps :D - I really helps improve my mood so much - Hello Spring!
springsmile.gif

I absoluetly love Spring and Summer the best. Esp. w/ my history of depression it really ups me up.
studsmatta.gif

I'll try to get back later after my workout.

picture.php

Hi Vilma, and all. Ivy, I forgot to mention that it was so cool that your husband brought flowers to the zumba class -- wow!! Very romantic, indeed. And you liked zumba? I've never tried it, but it sounds fun (not sure I could do it!).

I also set my clock ahead before bed. I woke up at 4:50, but stayed in bed til 5:30 because it just seemed crazy to get up so early -- it felt really early. It's almost 8:00 here now, I think, and my kids are still sound asleep. Tomorrow morning will be tough for them!

I ended up repeating disc 4 instead of disc 1. I liked the repetition -- not that I remembered the workout so much, but that the weights I used and all were still fresh in my mind, so I made little adjustments and it felt much more effective. So I'll do 4, 5, and 6 this week, and then I'll have two weeks of 7, 8, and 9. Just one of 10, 11, 12 and then on to my recovery week.

I hope to get back to the decluttering task today, though I do have to take Dylan to a birthday party mid-day. Hope you all have a good one! How was work, Chris? Hope everyone is headache-free and enjoying their Sunday.

-Beth

Morning again. No workout yesterday....just a crappy day in general that wasn't facilitate by the lack of sleep. Today though I will get my burn on! I will check in later with that.

Vilma -- which one is burn intervals? Is that clx?

Morning again. No workout yesterday....just a crappy day in general that wasn't facilitate by the lack of sleep. Today though I will get my burn on! I will check in later with that.

Vilma -- which one is burn intervals? Is that clx?

Hottie sorry you didn't have a good day yesterday. burn intervals is from CLX :)

Checking Back in with my workout completed.

Actually I finished a few hours ago as I'm just now able to get on here quickly.

Burn Intervals was good and having the band on some of the cardio moves really got my legs good. I recognized some music that Cathe uses also :) Overall this CLX program is so different from Cathe or anything else I've tried so far and for now I'm liking it.

picture.php

Yeah, that cardio with a band is interesting, isn't it Vilma? I'm sitting here feeling sorry for myself and re-thinking tomorrow's workout plan. I did med ball abs this morning, and I think I must have done a number on my neck -- really hurts and is sort of going into my head. Poor me! :eek: Anyway, the original IMAX in on tap for the morning and I just don't know if I can get through that old footage -- how spoiled am I?! Poor Hottie is so limited in her cardio and I am being so picky. I may do a cc on the elliptical. I don't know! Mostly right now I just want to go to bed. We are in meltdown central here -- calgon, take me away!

-Beth

No one came back other than Vilma, eh? CLX sounds interesting (though I must admit, their infomerical advert made me laugh a bit). Whatever shocks the body!

I did what was planned yesterday, LIC on 8 inches. It was easier today than I thought it was going to be. Funny muscle memory. I'm going to keep the step at 8 inches for the next two week at least. I got all excited because I thought that, "maybe if my body gets really used to 8 inches, I should do BM2 when I'm allowed to do high impact again and then I can be like Kathy from check-in!" Ok, she's probably not going to read this but if she is, hee hee! 8 inches doesn't change the calorie differential too much -- does it help with muscle conditioning more than cardio conditioning...and now I have to spend way too much time studying about that!

Hmm...the day is winding down and I want to do some kind of sculpting thing. Maybe yoga or pilates...but off the do more emails first!

TTYL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.