March 08 Checkin Tues. 4th

randidiane

Cathlete
Good Morning
My legs are on fire! I know I was expecting thisx( My biceps have a nice burn in them as well. It is so early I have to be at work at 6am but only have to work till noon:) Then i'm doin Kickmax bootcamp premix, the blast might be hard on my legs will see}( 4ds shoulders and abs.
Chris yeah I work with mostly girls, I have been out with them b/4, but i'm trying to stear clear of going out drinking with them, seems like they all do. Drinking can put a lot of empty calories you don't need! I could still go out but it's always so tempting to drink. We go shopping and stuff sometimes but we all have different schedules. I work for Pete and Mac's a pet resort as a receptionist. My uncle's father is the founder. There is 6 of them in the U.S. You can go to petemac.com to find out more info if you want:)
Awesome workout by the way! I love 4DS I don't know what it is but on the weight work I see results immeditley!
Laura that is so cool that you teach classes! I would love to do something like that but to damn shy sometimes, I would be afraid i'd mess up! It sounds to me like you are gaining muscle. Don't weigh yourself! . I would be so frusterated if I did that!! Isn't it sick how guys lose weight so quicklyx(
Off to get ready for work
have a great day
Randi

good morning,

all this talk on the forums about 4DS is making me want to buy it, which I didnt because I hate step workouts. anyway, feeling DOMS from class lastnight ,which is in all the right spots. I did weigh myself after a week and a half and I am down today anyway by 3 pds from the last weigh in. However, I fluctuate soooo much that next week, I could be back up that 3 pds. frustrating in deed randi. Yeah, I think your right about gaining muscle but when you normally eat whatever and however much you want ,eating over 2000cal and you drop your intake to 1500 you would think you would see results quickly with the scale but of course NOT with me. I get sooooo mad sometimes and want to give up, but I dont. off to work for me, gotta make sure the kids are getting ready as well. I DD drags her feet in the morning. I have 2 boys and 1 girl ages 6,8,10 Love love love them though. They are the sunshine of my life! well gotta go!!

Laura, I know it's frustrating about the weight. I weigh myself everyday and can go up or down three pounds in a day. You're down three pounds in a week and a half - that's good! Do you teach classes?

Randi, I thought you'd be sore from that workout! Good luck with the kick max blasts today. What else is in that premix?

I'm so frustrated. I've had problems on and off with the LIS/HIS DVD from the 4DS. Today it froze my DVD player again. Wouldn't even open. I had to unplug it and plug it back in again. I just sent an email asking for a replacement DVD. I think it's been over 90 days, but I hope they'll give me a new one. I really like the weight work, but I never know if the DVD is going to work or not. Anyway, rant over! On to my workout. I did day one of my rotation, PS Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. I actually matched Cathe's weights, but I have to admit she goes much lighter than in more recent series. Then I attempted to do LIS, but that wasn't happening, so I did the first part of Christi Taylor's Step Heaven. Fun! I think I have Tracey's Cardiosweatfest scheduled tomorrow. I hope no one minds me checking in here with some non-cathe workouts. I love Cathe, but sometimes just need something different. And, I have to justify my huge DVD collection. :+ by using them!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Hey Everyone!

Randi: I'd imagine your legs would be a teeny bit sore today! Good luck on Kickmax Bootcamp Premix. I've never done that one, and to tell you the truth, I don't think I even knew about it..Sounds "fun"! But I bet your legs will be "talking to you" during it!... Oh, okay, I understand about going out with the girls and drinking. That's pretty much what my friends at work do too. Otherwise, I'd imagine it would be hard to meet guys outside of that. Though one of the girls at work is constantly meeting them, everywhere..It's almost comical. She has dated patient's sons, drug reps, you name it! Your job sounds fun! the site looks great too. You need to open one in Western Massachusetts!

Laura: I feel your pain on the scale. I lost 95 lbs from 2002-2003. I was down to a size 4. I'm currently a size 8. And I can't get my scale or waistline to budge. Well, it does budge, at the slightest "off" eating I do, it budges UP. I get pretty frustrated with the whole deal. My problem is, the weekends. I work every weekend and with my tight schedule and stress levels, I eat badly. I know I need to work on that. But I hate the fact that I work out like crazy and it does basically nothing for me. It's like my body is used to it, and I'd have to probably run a marathon every day of the week to up it. hey..I also have 3 kids, ages 6, 8 and 12! All boys! I know exactly what you mean about the craziness yet being the light of your life!

Randi: Another question. How did you do 4 Day split that you got good results with it? Did you do it straight up or premix it or split it up or what?

Joanne: Sorry to hear about your 4 DS LIS problems! THAT would be so frustrating to have planned, and then run into the freezing problem. I'd imagine they'd be pretty understanding and replace it for you. Otherwise, your workout today sounds GREAT! I don't have PS...So many Cathe workouts, so little time (and money!). I don't mind you talking about any workout you do!! It's interesting to hear about others. I've been doing Turbo Jams, so it's ok with me!

Onto my workout today !!

I did the Bootcamp & Lower Body Circuit from 4 DS! GREAT challenging workout! Loved it!! It's fun to explore premixes on 4-DS. I haven't done any of them before!

The boys are off from school today, (teacher's in-service day). One is off with his friend for the day. the other two I'm thinking of taking to Big Adventures (indoor playscape & games). ... They've GOT to get their sillies out!

~Chris

Chris, I really believe our bodies have a set point they like to be at for weight and it's really hard to go below that and maintain it. I've found out the hard way!! Give yourself credit - you've kept off a tremendous amount of weight for five years, right?? I'm an 8 now, got down to a 6, loved it, but just couldn't keep starving myself to stay there. Now I eat pretty much what I want within reason, and don't have too much problem staying at an 8. I'd love to be 10 pounds lighter, but it's just not meant to be! If I do go crazy with the eating, the scale definitely goes up.

I have three boys, too, ages 8, 10, and 11. And a girl who is 5. Lately they've just been going bonkers. Constantly wrestling, roughhousing, being goofy. All normal stuff, I'm sure. But after working all day and coming home to a madhouse, sometimes its a bit nervewracking! But, I wouldn't have it any other way! Well, maybe a wee bit quieter, but they make it all worthwhile!

I avoid drinking because of the calories, too. I'd rather have chocolate than a beer!

Chris, that premix sounds fun! I may have to try that!

Hi ladies!

Joanne I tend to agree with you. I do think our bodies have a "good" weight and it tries to stay there and it takes alot to get past that point. I just wish my body thought lower!!!

Checking in today with Pyramid Upper Body!! I enjoyed today's workout. I really like the pyramids!

I would much rather have chocolate than beer too. Not a fan of beer!!

Hi
Just got off work it was a short day for me:)
Chris I usually just do like chest and back or one day chest then the next day back and so forth. I really dont do circuit or total body to often unless it's for legs.
Jojobean Kickmax prmx has the bootcamp one where the blast are mixed in with the kicking and punching combos, low impact premx, timesavor, and I forgot what else:)
Laura sounds like you got a bunch of cuties!! I am the only girl with 2 brothers:) And another thing i forgot to tell you sometimes it's just your genetics and it takes longer to see results, just be patient:) It took me almost 2 1/2 years to get where i'm at today. It's like one day my body just started getting lean, and that was after Cathes 07 road trip. I have my pictures of the trip in my picture trail. I know that sounds stupid but that's what it seems to me:) I also have not cheated as far as junkfood in like 2 years I have amazing will power which I get from my dad!
What did you decide on the supplements I told you about?
Off to go workout let ya'll know how I didx(
Randi

Randi, do you usually only work each upper body muscle group one time per week? Your arms are so defined in your picture trail! I always struggle with how many times I need to do weights each week. Legs I'll usually do at least twice. I think your clean eating probably plays a big part in it - as I sit here eating a girl scout cookie. :eek:

Yes I usually do one body part per week and legs twice one day more endurance then the other heavy.
I just finished my workout, Yeah I made it through my legs are very tight. Laying off my legs tomorrow!

jojobean-Thats why I dont weigh myself daily! Its bad enough every 1-2 weeks.

chris- congrats on the wt loss! It takes hard work and dedication, you should be proud of yourself. Its also hard finding time for yourself when you have three kids but you gotta, I have learned that it makes me a better mother.

randi- My genetics are very stubborn. both sides of the family have wt issues , so I have a continuous fight ahead of me. I think that your right though, some people see results immediately and others have to wait several weeks if not months. Unfortunately I can be one of the ones that ssee them immediately. I am going to get some protein but when I got on the gnc website I searched for maximum protein and it brought up different ones, so I am not sure which you are using. I havent decided on the cytosport yet. I think I will start with the protein shakes and go from there. How long have you been usiing the protein and cytosport?

My glutes and legs are definately feeling it from class lastnight. I did a ton of leg press and one girl even asked me if I had a bad day since Iwaas working them so hard. I said no , actually a good mood, especially for a monday. talk with ya later!

I think it was the "fast twitch" that leaned me out pretty quick:)I think you can only get the Maximum protien at the stores they don't have it online yet. But even b/4 I started that stuff I was leaning out pretty good that just gave me a boost:)

Okay, so that's the definite key. Disciplined eating and willpower, Randi! You know, the thing is, when i was actively losing those 95 lbs (accumulated from 3 pregnancies, btw..always the kids' fault! LOL) I was so disciplined and had the will power of a brick wall! For some reason i'm having a harder time now. I bet if I ate clean, and didn't stress eat, and didn't eat junk, EVER, I could be that size 4. Or even a 6 or even just these stuck 7+ lbs I've had hanging on for way too long!! *sigh* It is frustrating and seems like a never ending battle. But the battle is with food, not workouts. I LOVE working out! And am plainly addicted to it!

I'm also trying to up my protein intake (eating lowfat/FF ricotta cheese, lean turkey/ham slices, cottage cheese, yogurt) during the day.

I know it's all in the eating...And yes, I ordered way too many boxes of GS cookies that have not arrived yet!!! LOL!

~Chris

Hey Chris!
I'm so sure it would be hard if you had kids! I don't plan on having any for a looooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg time:) My will power will go down the drain!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.