Lurkers Invitation June

janiejoey

Cathlete
Good Mornin,

And Happy June 1st. I think time is getting away from me this year.

I did back and chest yesterday and some of the exercises were on the Smith Machine. Gotta tell ya, I'm still gaining muscle! I've never lifted this much weight in my entire life. STS is the way to go. And I haven't gained any fat. Still the same weight as of two weeks ago. Hmmmm. Oh well, the important part is I'm healthy and can feel it. Also happy. Sometime, somehow, the scale will go lower. Guess it's adjustment time.

Anyhoo, I miss my Joey. Just isn't the same here without him. It's been a little struggle to keep up with the workouts. He's my inspiration, buddy, and "wanna do better in front of" person. Should enjoy the alone time, cause it only comes every now and then. He'll be home shortly and anyway, he truly needed some time to travel. It's in his blood.

Today is cardio and will do a Christy Taylor workout. Tomorrow is legs. My love/hate relationship with them is still there. Is it me, or am I the only one who feels this way about legs?

I'll check in later to see how everyone is doing. I hope this month will be bright, cheery and full of goal gains. We all deserve it.

Janie

PS I just noticed that I left some of the title words out. To late now, it won't let me edit it. I also noticed it isn't June 1 yet. LOL! A little ahead of myself, don't you think? The way my little calendar is set up, I didn't notice the small number "31", so I assumed it was the starting of June 1. Unfortunately, couldn't edit. I still think this is going to be a fantastic month. Oh yeah baby! Well, have you gotten enough Janieizims lately? I could give you more. There are plenty where that came from, believe you me.

Last edited:
June 1st Check in

Janie - I love your Janieisms - you made me laugh reading your posts - I can't tell you how uplifting you are - so bright, fun and postive. I thought of you while I gardened over the weekend and wondered what your space looked like. DH and I mulched and I edged - trying to tame the wilderness there is too hard!!! The problem is that it is too big - I don't know where to begin. My goodness, my mother's roses were gorgeous and prolific - absolutely stunning. I was in awe. In response to your love/hate relationship with legs - generally I dread leg workouts - and then when I do a leg workout I usually enjoy it but I'm sure you're not the only one who hates it! Where has Joey been all this time???

Laura - I have to correct your assumption that I did IMAX3 on 8" - I tried to but after the first blast I lowered it considerably. Can't tell you what height because I'm not sure with that Reebok step but maybe it was 6" - I'll have to check. The fact that I lowered it made me wonder what everyone else uses. What height do you usually do for step??? Like I said - for most I use 8" - but no - not for IMAX3. I think the way I wrote it wasn't very clear. At any rate it sounded as if you put in some really great workouts. You make me want to go back to running.

Ironlady - I love C&Ws and I do it rather often I think. I had my sister paint my toenails on Sunday - I literally forced her to do it - and my nails look absolutely dreadful since I was gardening. I like working without gloves and it really shows. That is the extent of my grooming lately. So - I'm jealous you got your hair & nails done.

Michelle - wow - you are in good company over there at Hollins. It sounded fabulous - I'm really glad you had such a nice time. They certainly jam packed the weekend with activities and in between you managed to post and to workout. You are impressive.

Well this weekend - on Friday - my DH and I picked up my nephew, Gage (he is fourteen) to work out at our place. So before we actually put him to work we took him to this winery for dinner. Neat place - called La Casa Narcisi. Don't worry Gage had no wine. They have an outdoor patio where you can either order off the menu (an outside restaurant comes in to serve) or you can bring your own snacks. A guy was walking around playing the accordian too - it was so nice - we had a great time. So Gage helped to spread mulch and organize the shop (DH's work area) and then we took him out to kayak a little bit on Lake Arthur. Then we sat down to watch the Penquins lose. :mad: Damn!! and they lost last night too! :mad::mad::mad: Please everyone - I need positive energy - Let's go Pens!!!

Have a great June and a great day.

Janie - I love your Janieisms - you made me laugh reading your posts - I can't tell you how uplifting you are - so bright, fun and postive. I thought of you while I gardened over the weekend and wondered what your space looked like. DH and I mulched and I edged - trying to tame the wilderness there is too hard!!! The problem is that it is too big - I don't know where to begin. My goodness, my mother's roses were gorgeous and prolific - absolutely stunning. I was in awe. In response to your love/hate relationship with legs - generally I dread leg workouts - and then when I do a leg workout I usually enjoy it but I'm sure you're not the only one who hates it! Where has Joey been all this time???

Well this weekend - on Friday - my DH and I picked up my nephew, Gage (he is fourteen) to work out at our place. So before we actually put him to work we took him to this winery for dinner. Neat place - called La Casa Narcisi. Don't worry Gage had no wine. They have an outdoor patio where you can either order off the menu (an outside restaurant comes in to serve) or you can bring your own snacks. A guy was walking around playing the accordian too - it was so nice - we had a great time. So Gage helped to spread mulch and organize the shop (DH's work area) and then we took him out to kayak a little bit on Lake Arthur. Then we sat down to watch the Penquins lose. :mad: Damn!! and they lost last night too! :mad::mad::mad: Please everyone - I need positive energy - Let's go Pens!!!
Have a great June and a great day.

Shoegal, Awe, "You love me, you really love me";). Thank you for the compliments, that is so sweet. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over.:) I know what you mean by trying to keep the wilderness at bay. We have a Christmas Tree farm all around us, acres and acres to walk in, with all kinds of critters. We have to fence in our garden and we have an enclosure for our cats and dog to go out the doggy door safely when they want to. Which reminds me, I have to clean up after them today, if you know what I mean.:confused: I would love to grow roses, but the dear love to eat them. I suppose I could grow them in the garden. Hmmmm. Joey has a traveling bug in his blood. He went to Vegas to see our doctor son (who is single by the way) and to help him fill up his new house full of things, computer, furniture, kitchen stuff...I would help, but I have the garden to contend with. I will visit in the Fall. He then will go to Utah (Lake Powell) and stay at our houseboat for a couple of weeks, and bring home some mighty fine agate and petrified dinosaur bones, to decorate a section of the yard, that Joey is doing at home. It is a ying yang design, with beautiful black rock and white chalcedony and gorgeous red/pink rock scattered about. Also there is two rhubarb plants decorating it as well. Sounds like La Casa Narcisi is a lovely place to go to. I bet Gage (love that name!) had a great time. 14 year olds are great to help around the yard/gardens. But, they don't come free, do they?LOL:D

Will do Disc 38 legs today, and will add some leg curls for the hamstring and quads. Got to do it, so see ya later.

Hi to all who follows, and have a great day. I'll check in later to see how everyone is doing.

Janie

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was one of my early days, up at 4 am, on the road at 5 am, at work by 6 am, to the Pentagon for a meeting at 8 am. Long day--but it went by quickly. Sadly, on these types of days I just don't have the time or the energy by then end of the day for exercise.

This morning though it was back to my normal routine--up at 6 am, walk Ripken, then exercise: Body Max again today, then power circuit planks and body max abs from the ab hits dvd. Not as tough as last week because I remembered the moves. Janie, I understand what you say about motivation while working out. My motivator is my golden, Ripken--he seems to enjoy watching me exercise. He also likes to lick all the sweat off me while I'm doing the cool down and my ab work. I know that sounds disgusting but I don't mind--I'm already a disgusting, sweaty mess at that point and it's to the shower afterwards anyway.

Shoegal: when I do step, I always use one riser. Don't know what height that is, but 2 risers is just too high. In just a few short weeks, my neice Chelsea (13 going on 14) will be with us for 5 weeks. She's a good kid, but she's a teenager (ugh!). Quite frankly she seems to be handling being 13 better than I did at that age. I'm sure my protective DH, Joe, is going to be beating the boys away from her with a big stick. I'm starting to put together a list of tasks that she can help me with while she is here. She really likes to help work on the boat, specifically anything in the engine room. Go figure.

Janie: I have a love/hate relationship with the leg workouts too--particularly static lunges with the barbell. I tend to be the "traveler" in our family--my Joe said that he, Ripken, and Silver Lining (that's the boat) decided that it just wasn't the same this past weekend without me there. Sweet.

~michelle

Hi ya'll. Yesterday was a crazy long day and didn't have a chance to post but I did work out! Let see I did an hour run in Boulder in the morning. I really went slow and easy to see how I felt. After an hour though me body said that's enough! Than I taught my two classes that evening. They went well, good attendance and good compliments:)

Than a friend was having a party so I stopped by after my classes and ended up staying for awhile. So today I am pretty tired. I taught my pilates class this morning but I am thinking that will be all for the day. My body is feeling tired and my neck/shoulder is still not right...:mad:

Janie: I hear you about missing Joey, but it is nice to miss them isn't it? It helps to remind us how much we love them. I know what you mean about trying harder when someone else is in the room, I am always more attentive to my form while teaching than by myself. I do have a love/hate relationship with those leg workouts too! They are so hard I love to hate them.

Shoegal: we live on the edge of National Forest property and it is pretty wild around here too. We have a nice yard though and some beautiful rock gardens but since we are so high in elevation very little grows up here. Although I do have one rose bush that has survived and bloomed for a few years now. Nothing like your mother's I am sure, I am happy to have a few blossoms a year....Your dinner sounded wonderful are there a lot of vineyards around there?

Michelle: wow I don't envy you your work schedule! Ripken is lucky you are willing to get up so early to walk with him(?). I am always covered with sweat to when I workout. I think I sweat more than the average person. I need to make sure I drink enough water to compensate for the loss. Sounds like you had a great workout!

Just wanted to also say last night I had 4 people comment on how good I was looking! And that it looked like I had lost a lot of weight, although the scale is not moving!!!!:mad: So that felt really nice and encouraging for all the blood, sweat & tears I have been putting into it!!

Check in Tuesday 6/2/09

Last night I did PUB - and it was quite late after 10pm when I started. Our girl, Scout had ripped out her toenail on Sunday (left a bunch of bloody footprints all around) so we took her to the vet on Monday evening. He didn't do too much except give her some pain meds and an antibiotic. Afterwards we went to a couple stores to run some errands and then came home. So - naturally it threw off my entire schedule which caused a disastrous chain reaction. I didn't have time to have my typical Nonfat yogurt and grapes snack that I usually have when I come home - so I was ravenous. I ate the grapes and yogurt and pulled out the Cheez Its afterwards. Had a ton of them. :( I blame this on my DH - who went shopping and bought the little buggers. But then again - he didn't force them down my throat. ::eek: I then watched a bit of tv and unfortunately got interested in a movie (the name escapes me now) and watched that for awhile. I then realized that it was quite late and I had planned on doing PUB - but then I considered doing something shorter since I messed around watching that movie - but then decided that my workout shouldn't suffer so I did the whole thing. Was surprised & glad to find ab work in PUB - pikes are hard on that ball!!!! By the end I wasn't sure if what I was doing even resembled a pike.

Michelle: I like your reaction to teenagers - Evan & Daniel my 16 yr old nephews - Love them but they can be extremely obnoxious. Ripken reminds me of my first dog, Indy. She would come over and decide that my hands or my arm was all filthy and lick it all up and down - sometimes my feet too - I'd let her because she was just so super sweet and her kisses were warm and pleasant - not at all slobbery.

Laura - There are a lot of vineyards in Erie and Upstate New York - there aren't but a couple vineyards here- but more wineries around (people who purchase their grapes and just make & bottle the wine) - and there really aren't a ton of those either. Oh gosh - I love those compliments you are getting - that is wonderful. Wish it was me, instead I'm the one eating all the Cheez-Its!!! :eek:

Janie: How did you know Gage didn't come free?!!! :D It isn't that he asked to be paid - but I couldn't let him go without compensation. Your garden sounds truly unique - I'd love to see a picture of it.

Well - going to sign off now - will do some sort of cardio this evening - maybe Amy Bento again. Have a good day everybody.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the love/hate relationship with legs.:rolleyes:

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was one of my early days, up at 4 am, on the road at 5 am, at work by 6 am, to the Pentagon for a meeting at 8 am. Long day--but it went by quickly. Sadly, on these types of days I just don't have the time or the energy by then end of the day for exercise.
This morning though it was back to my normal routine--up at 6 am, walk Ripken, then exercise: Body Max again today, then power circuit planks and body max abs from the ab hits dvd. Not as tough as last week because I remembered the moves. Janie, I understand what you say about motivation while working out. My motivator is my golden, Ripken--he seems to enjoy watching me exercise. He also likes to lick all the sweat off me while I'm doing the cool down and my ab work. I know that sounds disgusting but I don't mind--I'm already a disgusting, sweaty mess at that point and it's to the shower afterwards anyway.
Janie: I have a love/hate relationship with the leg workouts too--particularly static lunges with the barbell. I tend to be the "traveler" in our family--my Joe said that he, Ripken, and Silver Lining (that's the boat) decided that it just wasn't the same this past weekend without me there. Sweet.~michelle
Michelle, I can't blame you for not wanting to exercise on those kinds of days. I wouldn't either. Sometimes our hubby's are OK.:D

Hi ya'll. Yesterday was a crazy long day and didn't have a chance to post but I did work out! Let see I did an hour run in Boulder in the morning. I really went slow and easy to see how I felt. After an hour though me body said that's enough! Than I taught my two classes that evening. They went well, good attendance and good compliments:)
Than a friend was having a party so I stopped by after my classes and ended up staying for awhile. So today I am pretty tired. I taught my pilates class this morning but I am thinking that will be all for the day. My body is feeling tired and my neck/shoulder is still not right...:mad:
Janie: I hear you about missing Joey, but it is nice to miss them isn't it? It helps to remind us how much we love them. I know what you mean about trying harder when someone else is in the room, I am always more attentive to my form while teaching than by myself. I do have a love/hate relationship with those leg workouts too! They are so hard I love to hate them.
Just wanted to also say last night I had 4 people comment on how good I was looking! And that it looked like I had lost a lot of weight, although the scale is not moving!!!!:mad: So that felt really nice and encouraging for all the blood, sweat & tears I have been putting into it!!

Laura, good job on the hour run and the classes. Looks like you did indeed have a very busy day. Now get some rest. Congratulations on your compliments. It just means you are accomplishing what you want. Great job!;) I bet you are gaining muscle and losing fat. That may be why the scale is not moving.

Last night I did PUB - and it was quite late after 10pm when I started. Our girl, Scout had ripped out her toenail on Sunday (left a bunch of bloody footprints all around) so we took her to the vet on Monday evening. He didn't do too much except give her some pain meds and an antibiotic. Afterwards we went to a couple stores to run some errands and then came home. So - naturally it threw off my entire schedule which caused a disastrous chain reaction. I didn't have time to have my typical Nonfat yogurt and grapes snack that I usually have when I come home - so I was ravenous. I ate the grapes and yogurt and pulled out the Cheez Its afterwards. Had a ton of them. :( I blame this on my DH - who went shopping and bought the little buggers. But then again - he didn't force them down my throat. ::eek: I then watched a bit of tv and unfortunately got interested in a movie (the name escapes me now) and watched that for awhile. I then realized that it was quite late and I had planned on doing PUB - but then I considered doing something shorter since I messed around watching that movie - but then decided that my workout shouldn't suffer so I did the whole thing. Was surprised & glad to find ab work in PUB - pikes are hard on that ball!!!! By the end I wasn't sure if what I was doing even resembled a pike.
Janie: How did you know Gage didn't come free?!!! :D It isn't that he asked to be paid - but I couldn't let him go without compensation. Your garden sounds truly unique - I'd love to see a picture of it.
Well - going to sign off now - will do some sort of cardio this evening - maybe Amy Bento again. Have a good day everybody.
Shoegal, Although it seems way to late to be exercising, at least you did it, and a great job I might add.:D When I do late exercises I get insomnia. Poor Scout, I bet that hurt a bit! I know what you mean when your schedule is thrown off schedule. My body also craves anything and everything and to top it all off, you really can't help it. Tomorrow really is another day to get back on your schedule. Oh, I still can't do the Pike yet.:( If Gage is around my grandson's age (13 or 14 I think you said) then it when they start earning money for themselves and getting independant. Love that age, you can do all kinds of things with them.

Take care everyone and have a great evening,

Janie

So remember a while ago and I was scheduled to do BodyMax2 and then I couldn't find it? Well it has been driving me absolutely crazy so I rechecked my order form and it was on there. I can't find it anywhere though! :mad: Which is frustrating because it was one of the DVD's I wanted the most when I ordered all those other ones. I am sure it came actually, I remember seeing it but now it is no where to be seen!! UGH! It is on for a rotation I am supposed to be starting today.

I posted a ? on the DVD forum and RunCrazy had some good substitution ideas which I will try. It just seems like a lot of switching Dvd's back and forth which seems disruptive. So I thought I would do 4DS Upper body circuit instead which seems like a descent sub minus the leg blasts....

Yesterday I took it real easy only taught my Pilates Class in the morning and then proceeded to eat a ton of food:(... and take a nap...:eek: and drink a lot of wine....:confused: Oh well guess it happens to all of us from time to time,huh?

Shoegal I can sympathize with you on those Cheez-Its I can't get near those for some reason or I could polish off the whole box and not even notice...they are supper addictive or there is something about them that just turns off the "ok you have had enough of those" switch or something. Maggie ripped off a nail when she was only a puppy! Poor thing it must hurt!

Janie: thanks for the encouragement. I think that is probably true about gaining muscle and all though I am happy about that I also want that scale to budge! I was just reading a thread on the open forum about BMI and a lady said her doctor thinks that of course muscle is better than fat but weight is weight and it still strains our body and our joints...And although I am a very fit and active person I still weigh way to much! I have at least 25 pounds to lose before I am at my healthy BMI weight.

Check in Wednesday 6/3/09

Well - does anybody have a good idea for a birthday gift for my mom? Its killing me - I got nothing!!!

At any rate - Last night I decided to do the Amy Bento ASC III - yes - I know - AGAIN. Except - once I got going this message popped into my brain - "I don't want to do this." But not just this particular workout -I just didn't want to work out - so I stopped - didn't push forward and decided to one of the ab sections she has on the DVD. I liked it - it was about 18 minutes long - afterwards I decided to go back and try to do more step. I started and then quickly stopped. I gave myself some excuse about "listening to my body" and I believed myself too.

Laura - Living on my own - I would NEVER buy Cheez-Its - I refused - I knew I couldn't say no and I was not going to give myself the option. I would never buy any of those things I knew I couldn't say no to - but with DH - he happens to like some of my no foods - how do I say no - he can't have that either? I hate when I lose something I know I had - that drives me bonkers - keep looking it'll turn up. Have you ever prayed to ST Anthony (I think he is the Patron Saint of lost things) - give that a shot - he'll help you find it.

Janie - I tell myself that I have tomorrow to get back on track but I just wish I had a better track records. I am always veering off course.

So tonight I will do PLB. I might throw in an ab workout too.

Hope you all have a great day.:D

Hi again! Two check-ins in one day! :D It is so nice to be home....

So a friend called and asked if I wanted to hike with her, which I did, we did a little over 3 miles in an hour and 8 minutes. She really huffs it and she has loooonggg legs so she gets me moving faster than I normally would. Throw in some good hills/climbs and I burnt 600 calories!

So since I already had the cardio done I opted for GSBS&B which was on the calendar for tomorrow. Tomorrow I start a new class at a new Yoga studio in Nederland the town closest to me. And the girls have there end of school picnic at 2pm in Boulder so chances are I wouldn't have got it done tomorrow.

I maybe able to squeeze a hike in before the class though so I can get some cardio in. Pilates, although fabulous, is not a big calorie burner an average intermediate class burns around 230 calories or so...

Shoegal: I think it is important to listen to our bodies! Unless it is saying eat Cheeze-Its!!! LOL! I forgot about Saint Patrick I will have to try that isn't there a verse you say or something?

Hope everyone else is doing well....It's hump day and I imagine everyone is busy with work and life...

Cathe today was Muscle Max. It's been a while since I've done that one--once I got through the first section (legs), I was enjoying the workout. Then Cathe throws in another leg section (ugh). But no lunges, so I grunted through the leg presses and plie squats and happily returned to the upper body exercises. I liked the abs section at the end.

Shoegal: okay, with absolutely no knowledge of your mother's likes or dislikes: a manicure/pedicure gift card or take her shopping and out to eat. My mom likes the later option. Does she have any hobbies? My mom is a big time quilter and I got her a quilt ladder for Christmas which she loves so much I might have to get her another one for this Christmas.

Laura: my sister has gone through some plateau periods of late. She cranked up her cardio and didn't do weights as much and that got the scale moving down slowly. I on the other hand feel like the weight work was what helped me lose weight over the last year. So, go figure. Stick wth it, you will get there.

Not a fan of cheez-its. Sounds like that's a good thing for me.

Sounds like the evening outdoor symphony of lightening, thunder, and raindrops is starting. Oh boy.

~michelle

I got caught up in a game called Oblivion last night (after a day of chores) and it totally consumed me. I was playing that thing for hours, and just couldn't get off! Did a lot of rearranging with the house furniture, cleaning and getting rid of stuff. My arms are so sore from carrying and lifting, and my heart rate was high. That's when I sat down just to catch my breath and relaxed a little, so I decided to play Oblivion. Before I knew it, it was midnight!?!:confused:

So remember a while ago and I was scheduled to do BodyMax2 and then I couldn't find it? Well it has been driving me absolutely crazy so I rechecked my order form and it was on there. I can't find it anywhere though! :mad: Which is frustrating because it was one of the DVD's I wanted the most when I ordered all those other ones. I am sure it came actually, I remember seeing it but now it is no where to be seen!! UGH! It is on for a rotation I am supposed to be starting today.
I posted a ? on the DVD forum and RunCrazy had some good substitution ideas which I will try. It just seems like a lot of switching Dvd's back and forth which seems disruptive. So I thought I would do 4DS Upper body circuit instead which seems like a descent sub minus the leg blasts....
Yesterday I took it real easy only taught my Pilates Class in the morning and then proceeded to eat a ton of food:(... and take a nap...:eek: and drink a lot of wine....:confused: Oh well guess it happens to all of us from time to time,huh?
Janie: thanks for the encouragement. I think that is probably true about gaining muscle and all though I am happy about that I also want that scale to budge! I was just reading a thread on the open forum about BMI and a lady said her doctor thinks that of course muscle is better than fat but weight is weight and it still strains our body and our joints...And although I am a very fit and active person I still weigh way to much! I have at least 25 pounds to lose before I am at my healthy BMI weight.
Laura, Oh no, so sorry you lost Body Max II. You'll find it eventually. All the 4DS's are fantastic. You can't go wrong with those workouts. While you were eating and drinking I was eating homemade rosemary bread and before I knew it, I ate the whole thing, and with a tiny coating of butter. We'll get back on track together OK. No more of that kind of behavior for a week a least. OK? I think you were frustrated and I think I missed my hubby.

Well - does anybody have a good idea for a birthday gift for my mom? Its killing me - I got nothing!!!
At any rate - Last night I decided to do the Amy Bento ASC III - yes - I know - AGAIN. Except - once I got going this message popped into my brain - "I don't want to do this." But not just this particular workout -I just didn't want to work out - so I stopped - didn't push forward and decided to one of the ab sections she has on the DVD. I liked it - it was about 18 minutes long - afterwards I decided to go back and try to do more step. I started and then quickly stopped. I gave myself some excuse about "listening to my body" and I believed myself too.
Janie - I tell myself that I have tomorrow to get back on track but I just wish I had a better track records. I am always veering off course.
So tonight I will do PLB. I might throw in an ab workout too.
Hope you all have a great day.:D
Shoegal, I know what to get your Mom for a birthday present. A Message! She will love it. I've done that before; started working out and stopped in the middle of it. Just take a rest day and start again tomorrow. No biggy, it happens. I do think your body was telling you to stop.

Hi again! Two check-ins in one day! :D It is so nice to be home....
So a friend called and asked if I wanted to hike with her, which I did, we did a little over 3 miles in an hour and 8 minutes. She really huffs it and she has loooonggg legs so she gets me moving faster than I normally would. Throw in some good hills/climbs and I burnt 600 calories!
So since I already had the cardio done I opted for GSBS&B which was on the calendar for tomorrow. Tomorrow I start a new class at a new Yoga studio in Nederland the town closest to me. And the girls have there end of school picnic at 2pm in Boulder so chances are I wouldn't have got it done tomorrow.
I maybe able to squeeze a hike in before the class though so I can get some cardio in. Pilates, although fabulous, is not a big calorie burner an average intermediate class burns around 230 calories or so...
Hope everyone else is doing well....It's hump day and I imagine everyone is busy with work and life...

Laura, I love reading your posts, so it was a pleasure to hear from you, as many times as you will post.:D That was a great hiking burn! Oh, do squeeze in another hike before your class. They do Pilates in a Yoga studio? Of course, why not?:rolleyes:

Cathe today was Muscle Max. It's been a while since I've done that one--once I got through the first section (legs), I was enjoying the workout. Then Cathe throws in another leg section (ugh). But no lunges, so I grunted through the leg presses and plie squats and happily returned to the upper body exercises. I liked the abs section at the end.
Not a fan of cheez-its. Sounds like that's a good thing for me.
Sounds like the evening outdoor symphony of lightening, thunder, and raindrops is starting. Oh boy.
~michelle
Michelle, Muscle Max is one of my favorite full body workouts. It gets everything done in a reasonable length of time. Those legs kill me, but are great, aren't they? Love the visition of outdoor symphony. Sometimes when Joey and I are out on our travels, we sit down and just watch those storms comming in. They are beautiful when there is no rain involved.

Today is a cardio for me, don't know which one yet. Drinking my cup of coffee and relaxing this morning before I start on my cardio. Then some more cleaning up the house and getting rid of junk. Also, I have piles of garbage all around my garden and need to throw that debri out as well.

Talk later,

Janie

I LOVE my new studio that I am working at! It is a really nice, hip space, and it has a well decorated and cared for feeling to it. There are no mirrors in the room, which as a teacher is a challenge....we learn how to instruct using mirrors to watch the class and to cue from, mirrors also help people to self correct; ie if they see that their shoulders are lifted up into their ears they will pull them down with out me having to correct them. But on the other hand not having mirrors help to sort of 'internalize' the experience, people don't get caught up in their external appearance and I think it helps them have a deeper experience....the class felt deeper for some reason...and not at all competitive which sometimes can happen.

Jane: Thanks for the support, one whole week, hold me accountable ok? I do really need help with the diet aspect of health! So thanks again...I did not get a chance to walk this morning but will take a hike on the way to town for groceries. So what cardio did you do?

Michelle: you are lucky your not a fan of Cheeze-Its they have no redeeming feature what so ever, a completely empty calorie that once you have one you eat the whole box without thinking! I love MM I really like the weight work and like you I think it will be key to my success. I just really enjoy lifting and my body doesn't tend to make muscle mass so it is important for me to keep it up and keep strong.

Well I am off for a hike with Maggie and to the store for dinner stuff. Enjoy the rest of your day everyone. May not have a chance to check-in or workout tomorrow, it is the girls last day of school and it is a busy busy day!

Stopping in for a peek!

Hi all, stopping by to see who is around and to link in on the June thread. I'm in between trips til Sunday or Monday, I've forgotten which. Looks like many of you are enjoying the great outdoors, with gardening and hikes, and doing some terrific workouts.

I've kept on track more or less; this last trip I did three of my CardioCoach interval training workouts, and walked around Seattle for 10K steps as a kind of active rest/recovery. Fortunately the hotel had some heavier free weights and I was able to do once-through my upper body muscles to remind them that they are expected to work now and then. It is funny but with STS, I need the free weights to go into the 40s and so often there is nothing or else the weights stop at 15. Not as much fun to hold two at once. And I will say, it was entertaining to see some of my male colleagues' eyes bug out when I picked the 40 pounders to do a few quick rows after the interval training on the bike :) Also discovered that a person can do much of KPC in a hotel room using an ipod touch :)

Hope to be back for more personals tomorrow or tonight - the office is buzzing me about this and that.

Check in Thursday 6/4

Well - Hello everyone.

I did PLB last night - remembered that I had to call my brother at a certain time - stopped in the middle (he wants me to watch his dog for a week) and then went back to finish. The workout is good. At first I'm thinking - how the hell am I going to do Leg presses with 35lbs on my back - I mean - I thought no way - I also thought Cathe was going too fast for me to pull that off - but l did it. Today I tried out my push ups again - I have been practicing. I have to tell you that I never get down there and think - well, this is easy. I don't suppose it ever will be - but I can do about 17 now. I do them but I have some doubts about how they look - I hope I'm getting down there far enough - I'm not sure I'm not cheating.

Shadowpup - so there you are!!! So glad that you checked in - we miss you around here. I love your comment about the 40lbs - I would have loved to see their reaction.

Laura - wow - sounds like a great class - when I taught aerobics/ body sculpting - I worked for the Community College and they would send me around to elementary/ high schools to hold the class. Sometimes depending on what was going on at the school I held class in the cafeteria. Yeah - no mirrors - no anything really - I got used to teaching that way and didn't mind it at all. I usually taught facing the class. Hope you have a fun day with the girls tomorrow. We'll be here where you get back.

Michelle - Yes - like Laura said - you are truly blessed not to want a Cheez It - my God - enough about Cheez Its - I've got to shut up - like I need to remind myself that they are around. At any rate - yes Muscle Max - those evil leg presses come back time and again but the workout is one of my favorites. Thanks for the gift suggestions for my Mom - she is into gardening - but a bag of mulch (that she asked for) didn't sound like a great gift.

Janie - when I finish here I'm going to look up Oblivion - I think you might have mentioned this before but I really don't know that game - it sound intriguing though. Good to clean things out and organize - also it is a bit of a workout.

Ironlady - hope all is well with you - let us know how things are on the workout front and just with you in general.

Hope everyone has a great day.:)

Today was IMAX again. I'm sticking with rotating between Body Max and IMAX this month--next month I'll move up to Body Max 2 and IMAX2. After MM yesterday and IMAX today, my legs feel a bit fried. But the muscles will get over it. Tomorrow will definitely be an upper body day: one of the Gym Style dvds. I've been hanging on my irongym bar alot. I am so close to doing one perfect form chin-up. I'm really motivated to conquer this puppy.

Shoegal: I'm thinking Janie meant to type "massage" not "message" as a gift idea for your mom. If she likes gardening, some outside planters might be nice, garden decorations, a flat or two of flowers, and/or a really good watering nozzle for her garden hose. I bet if you go to your local garden center, you will be amazed at all the neat gardening stuff that they have.

Laura: you have my dream job: getting paid to exercise. How great is that?

Janie: is Oblivion a computer game? I'm so out of the gaming world.

Shadowpup: good to hear from you. Kick Max is another Cathe workout that one you can do in your hotel room.

Wow--here we are looking at another weekend. Hope everyone has a pleasant Friday and a great weekend.
~michelle

I LOVE my new studio that I am working at! It is a really nice, hip space, and it has a well decorated and cared for feeling to it. There are no mirrors in the room, which as a teacher is a challenge....we learn how to instruct using mirrors to watch the class and to cue from, mirrors also help people to self correct; ie if they see that their shoulders are lifted up into their ears they will pull them down with out me having to correct them. But on the other hand not having mirrors help to sort of 'internalize' the experience, people don't get caught up in their external appearance and I think it helps them have a deeper experience....the class felt deeper for some reason...and not at all competitive which sometimes can happen.
Jane: Thanks for the support, one whole week, hold me accountable ok? I do really need help with the diet aspect of health! So thanks again...I did not get a chance to walk this morning but will take a hike on the way to town for groceries. So what cardio did you do?
Well I am off for a hike with Maggie and to the store for dinner stuff. Enjoy the rest of your day everyone. May not have a chance to check-in or workout tomorrow, it is the girls last day of school and it is a busy busy day!
Laura, I'm so glad you love your new studio. Mirrors or no mirrors, that is the question.LOL ;). You can do an accountable week. If I can, so can you. I did the garden cardio. Yep, I took one pile of debris and tossed it away, then another pile and did the same thing, until all my piles were delt with. Still have a lot to do.:(

Hi all, stopping by to see who is around and to link in on the June thread. I'm in between trips til Sunday or Monday, I've forgotten which. Looks like many of you are enjoying the great outdoors, with gardening and hikes, and doing some terrific workouts.
I've kept on track more or less; this last trip I did three of my CardioCoach interval training workouts, and walked around Seattle for 10K steps as a kind of active rest/recovery. Fortunately the hotel had some heavier free weights and I was able to do once-through my upper body muscles to remind them that they are expected to work now and then. It is funny but with STS, I need the free weights to go into the 40s and so often there is nothing or else the weights stop at 15. Not as much fun to hold two at once. And I will say, it was entertaining to see some of my male colleagues' eyes bug out when I picked the 40 pounders to do a few quick rows after the interval training on the bike :) Also discovered that a person can do much of KPC in a hotel room using an ipod touch :)
Hope to be back for more personals tomorrow or tonight - the office is buzzing me about this and that.
Shadowpup, Love your graphics, I'm a fan (I'm sure you know) of Meeze characters. Just needed to give it a rest. Will be glad to see you home on Sun. or Mon., you deserve a break. Glad you are continuing with your exercises while traveling. You are so inspiring!:) Love it when men see us pick out large weights and use them. I bought some heavy weights and a man asked if they were for me. I said yes, and he asked if I needed any help. I said, thank you, but I have it. Yeah! I think he was impressed. I have to agree, bulging eyes from men about lifting heavy weights is really injoyable.:D

I did PLB last night - remembered that I had to call my brother at a certain time - stopped in the middle (he wants me to watch his dog for a week) and then went back to finish. The workout is good. At first I'm thinking - how the hell am I going to do Leg presses with 35lbs on my back - I mean - I thought no way - I also thought Cathe was going too fast for me to pull that off - but l did it. Today I tried out my push ups again - I have been practicing. I have to tell you that I never get down there and think - well, this is easy. I don't suppose it ever will be - but I can do about 17 now. I do them but I have some doubts about how they look - I hope I'm getting down there far enough - I'm not sure I'm not cheating.
Janie - when I finish here I'm going to look up Oblivion - I think you might have mentioned this before but I really don't know that game - it sound intriguing though. Good to clean things out and organize - also it is a bit of a workout.
Shoegal, Congratulations for a workout well done.:D Your right about pushups never being easy, it's always hard work doing them. But, I love it anyway. I bet you are doing just fine with your form.

Today was IMAX again. I'm sticking with rotating between Body Max and IMAX this month--next month I'll move up to Body Max 2 and IMAX2. After MM yesterday and IMAX today, my legs feel a bit fried. But the muscles will get over it. Tomorrow will definitely be an upper body day: one of the Gym Style dvds. I've been hanging on my irongym bar alot. I am so close to doing one perfect form chin-up. I'm really motivated to conquer this puppy.
Janie: is Oblivion a computer game? I'm so out of the gaming world.
Wow--here we are looking at another weekend. Hope everyone has a pleasant Friday and a great weekend.
~michelle
Michelle, Love the IMAX's too, but don't do it near enough. It looks like a really good month rotation using IMAX and Body Max and the Gym Styles. I know you will master the chin-up any day now. Need to celebrate when you do one, by doing yet another one!:eek: Oblivian is a computer game. I get so into it that I'm oblivious to everything around me. Jeesh!

Have a great evening everyone,

Janie

Mornin everyone,

Today will be working in the garden day. We had a storm last night and everything was strewn all over the place. All my debris piles I so carefully gathered to pick them up later and throw away, are gone. Have to do it all over again. It's my workout for today.

Hi to everyone else who follows, and have a great weekend. I'm going to the zoo Sun. with one of my grandsons and his parents. I'll check back to see how everyone is doing.

Janie

Just got done with my workout for today: GS Backs, Shoulders, and Biceps and Leaner Legs abs and CTX kickbox planks from Ab hits. Stick a fork in me, I am DONE.

So, I'm wondering about my work on my chin-ups. I think it is also strengthening my obliques and back because when I woke up this morning my side lats and obliques were definitely talking to me. Has anyone else had this experience when working on chin-ups?

We are getting quite a bit of rain here in Virginia. Not so good for my dad's honey bees because they don't come out of the hive and do their thing when it is raining a lot. The other evening, one county over, a 12-year old and 11-year old boy both got hit by lightening while playing catch. They had been playing baseball and on the first sign of lightening, the umpires stopped the game. Most folks took cover. Well, the two boys went to the outfield and were playing catch while it was lightening and thundering. The parents of one of the boys were watching them. UGH! One boy died and the other is still in the hospital--last I heard in critical condition. The whole event was so avoidable.

Janie: I feel for you--all that work in your yard and now you have to do it again. But at least you will get a good workout, again.

Shoegal: PLB is one of the workouts I seem to avoid. Those leg presses are TOUGH.

Hi to Shadowpup, Laura, and Ironlady.

Okay CHEEZIT fans: now put down the box and do my favorite exercise, push aways.
~michelle

Check in Friday

Hello out there -

My thought was to do ASC III again in order to redeem myself - just to show myself that I could do it - or just the fact that I like to "make up" what I didn't do before - I was going to give this workout another shot. But I actually found myself dreading it and thought - no - this isn't for me right now. So I ended up choosing an "NRG" pre mix from ASC II - this one was called "Ultimate NRG" about 50 minutes in length. I think Amy's pre mixes are really great because once you know the workout well enough you don't want her breaking down the moves at all. Not that she ever really breaks anything down - but this is even tighter. THe mix had you perform the combos in their entirity as if you knew for certain what was coming up. I can do all the combos now - but I don't remember them that well. So she left me in the dust - at some points I just watched her do it - I was missing some subtle tricks that put you on the right foot - and positioning (especially things like what side of the step I needed to land on) so essentially I was all over the place. Blah!!! Ended up rewinding because I knew I could do this but I needed at least one time through to be prepared. All in all I had fun doing it and I finished.

My DH is sick!!! He is coughing pretty good and keeping himself up at night. Kind of puts a little bit of damper on my weekend. At any rate - I have to go now - hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.