Low Carbers & Friends - Nov 2011

Lita, you get a gold star for 2011 for keeping these threads current!

Looks like a nice sunny day out, we may get a bike ride in this evening. This will be the last week because day light savings will make it too dark in the evening. Only time we will get to bike is weekends.

DH is not happy with his work. I think he may quit. I can't tell you how this makes me feel, basically sick to my stomach. Every day I wonder if he's going to tell me he quit when he gets home. It is distressing to me, to say the least

Thanks, Melinda :D! Oh my - what a stressful situation :(!!!! I hope the tension eases soon. That's no way to go through your days :confused:!

Ok, so I did the Athletic workout, don't remember what it was called. It had cardio with strength, but really more endurance, not high strength. These are good workouts, but I'd want to mix them up with the strength building workouts.

I still like the disc.

My friend at work got fired, so more sad days :(

Hi babes! I agree that Lita gets a big gold STAR for starting all of our threads this year!!! Thank you Lita!!

Lita, I am sorry you have the challenges you do! Not fatal no, but it does affect your daily life and for that, I commend you for being the queen of modification!! :) I am glad you like this new series! I've been able to preview 3 of them so far, now just to find the time to do one! :rolleyes:

Melinda, my DH was laid off from his job shortly after we began dating. He landed his current job shortly thereafter but it was a 100 mile commute there from his house one way. I lived 20 miles south of him at the time. He drove all the way to my house after his first day of work saying he was going to quit. I would not be surprised if your DH is going through the same type of thing. The struggle of a new job, trying to find his way and getting back into the swing of a full time job is stressful. I hope he is just expressing his frustration and won't do anything to keep your stomach in knots. I am also sorry about your friend! Hugs to you!!!

Let's see. Some Insanity this week, a little Cathe and running with BB. I'm trying to figure out how to get the little guy tired out when we turn the clock back this weekend. I may be running with a flashlight! Last night I couldn't take him out (pouring rain and I had a hair appt.) and no one had a good night's sleep! :(

Miss you Rhea!

Have an awesome, stress-free weekend babes!!

Tracy, how did DH do? Did he stick it out with the job? Last night DH bought new work shoes, is this a sign? Who knows.
Can you put BB on a treadmill? I wonder if he'd stay on something like that or if you even have one. It would get his energy out on those bad weather days. I know someone that had a young dog that was also large and full of energy. He had to take a short bike ride and have the dog run along to get that energy out.

I want to do some sort of weight work today, not sure what. Going to be a nice weekend, so thinking we'll go biking.

Lita, you do have some physical challenges for sure. It is good you know how to work with it through modifications and that you keep yourself strong. Can you imagine what it would be like if you didn't.

Melinda - I agree that the workouts I've done so far have been good, even if not strength. I actually haven't used the discs yet - I'm still using my moving men. I assume you just slip those black covers over them, huh? So sorry about your friend :(! As for the challenges (and honestly, I wasn't whining!), in a way I'm glad for them. They help me be far more understanding about my disabled friend and the group of exercisers I lead on another thread that are all older and have issues. It's been a learning - and humbling ;) - experience all around.

Tracy - Thanks for the star :D AND the commendation :eek:! Hopefully I won't start forgetting the thread - I have a reputation to live up to now :p! Sorry no one got much sleep at your house :(! Personally - and this is no surprise to you, I'm sure ;) - I can't wait for the time change! I might even be able to get up and get one more workout/week in since I won't be fighting the clock so much :cool:!

Last edited:
Look I finally made it to the thread! Whoo hoo!

Lita - you have been awesome in getting these things up in time. On my ipad, I always have to go on a search. Darn it. I like the time change too, always like the extra hour in the am.

And I actually finally got to do one of the new workouts this am because of the time change. It was too snowy out to start the workouts this weekend. I just didn't want to work out, wanted to do some fun things for a change, which I didn't do much of actually.

DH got sick on Thurs (and has been on and off for the last three weeks) with that darn prostatitis (sp?)again, so I've been playing nurse and making sure that he takes all the medications. He is much better now, but wow, that fever (101-105) gets to him. Hopefully he can go back to work tomorrow. I don't think he has had a fever since Saturday. He is also getting to be a pain in the arse, so I know he is feeling better.

Oh, and I did dress up this year for Halloween! Went as Alice in Wonderland. LOL

Talk to you later. Hopefully I can get to come and play more often.

Rhea - So happy to see you :D!!!!!! Ah yes - that extra hour is divine, I must say :cool:! I am sorry you didn't get in much fun time this weekend :(. You work too hard, girl, at work AND at home! Hopefully the next time you get in the mood, you'll be able to take better advantage of it and really let loose and have a blast :p! I am sorry DH is ill - hope he gets better soon, for his sake AND for yours ;). Please do come by again soon - we miss you when you're gone!

Hi babes! Melinda, my DH is still at the job he said he was going to quit back in 1999. I think getting new work shoes was a good sign. :)

We don't have a treadmill for BB to run on but I think I am going to look into doggie day care for small dogs a couple times a week. If one exists and we can afford it, it will probably be good for all of us. :D Once our house is built, we won't need to do that, our apt. is just too small for him to run around and get tired.

We had a nice weekend weather wise but I didn't feel like running with BB. So he went to the dog park!

Lita, I tried out the disks and I am leaving the black covers off. I'm on carpet, and they don't even slide as well as paper plates do with the covers on. They slide almost too well for me without the covers though! :p

And no pressure on starting threads GF! :D

Hi Rhea! Good to see you! I think men are usually PIAs when they are sick. I'm glad he is getting better, that sounds like a scary illness! I hope you get some fun in SOON!

Insanity Fit Test today, did worse in some areas and better than others. And I don't care either. :) Took BB for a short run too since it was my 4:00 day. I'll have to figure out something for tomorrow for him though. Yikes!

Have a great week babes!

Tracy - You're soon going to have BB just as fit as you are, GF :D! I figured on my carpet I didn't need the covers, either. But I'll admit - I still prefer my moving men :eek:. My feet stay on those much better ;).

Speaking of threads, I think I'll just done one thread for Nov/Dec 'cause of the holidays. Think that'll be okay?

I can't wait until I'm back into some sort of routine. I got up early yesterday and did the Lower Body split. Got up early this am, but didn't workout since I was so sore I figured that doing the upper body split was not a smart idea. Want to be able to move tomorrow. So my goal today is to leave work early....hahahaha.....and get cardio one in. (plus I noticed that the upper body split was about 50 minutes, so I wasn't up early enough)

I sure hope I'll be able to get up from chairs today. I barely used weights yesterday and I'm sooooooore. But I love it! I might have to try to do something on my lunch hour every once in a while (besides grocery shop.)

Have a great rest of the day everyone!

Rhea - As a novel concept, how about you EAT at lunchtime, too ;) :p? Low blood sugars will not fuel your workout - as you should well know, silly girl. Gotta tell ya, LOTS of leg work in ALL the workouts. I would suggest not doing them too many days in a row :eek:!

Don't worry I eat at lunch, never miss a meal! Well, except the extra meal in the afternoon, lately, haven't had time for that mini meal. Got to get it in though.

Didn't even do cardio yesterday. Drank wine and read files for today. Such a life. Did get up this morning and did one of the premixes for the upper body trisets. Was pretty short. Didn't have enough time to do the 50 minute version since the darn dog decided that he would play hooky outside and it took me almost 20 minutes to feed the cats, stoke the fire, and get his arse back inside. Oh well, at least I did the shorty one. I probably could have done a little more, but decided not too. Drank coffee instead. I guess I'll have to get up at 4:00 instead of 4:30 if I want to get my workouts done. Drat.

Lita, I've never heard of moving men. What is that? I sure like the yellow disc from the paper plate I was using! I have the black cloth on mine and use it on the bare floor. I like the idea of using it either way, thought that was clever.

Tracy, that sounds like a good idea for the doggy day care for BB. I think it will be exciting for him to go and get his energy out while you are at work :) DH is still hanging in there and doesn't sound so gloom and doom like at first, but he is still looking for something else.

Rhea and Lita, you both sound like early birds. I hate the time change, like to do more in the evening.

We got in a bike ride Mon and Tue, but that looks like it will be it. Now, it will be either weekend or nothing, as it's too dark and getting cold. Rain today.

OMG - the silly computer didn't tell me anyone had posted :rolleyes:. Jeez - if I'd have known, I'd have come sooner :p!

Rhea - That little bit earlier is always hard, isn't it :confused:? Even an early bird like me isn't as good at getting up as I used to be :eek:... I wake up by 4:30 for the most part - but like you, I need that other half hour, 45 minutes if I'm going to get the exercise in....

Melinda - Moving men are hard plastic but they have a skid-proof surface on the top so your furniture (or in my case, my foot ;) ) doesn't slide off. I got mine years ago at Walmart - the package had several sizes. The one I use is smaller than a paper plate but larger than the moving discs they now show on TV. Anyway, that non-skid surface on top is a definite lifesaver for me.

Tracy - You hanging in there, girl? How's that adorable BB :)?

Hi babes! Still hanging in here Lita! I didn't get any notifications of new posts either. ???? :confused:

I think BB is in better shape than I am already! He sure runs alot faster than I do! I found a daycare I am going to check out the Monday after T-Day. I hope it's a good place for him. They are letting me take him there for a couple of hours for free to see how he does. Pretty cool!

Lita, I am fine with making this thread include Dec. too. Thanks!

I do admire you ladies getting up so early to work out! I'm still doing the Insanity series at lunch when I can (we've all decided we're never going to do it again! :p) and fitting in Cathe's latest on other days. Afterburn was as hard as Insanity for me so I considered it an Insanity workout on our calendar at work. :D I did Slide and Glide yesterday and will get another one in tomorrow. Dunno which one.

I like working out at lunch even though I only have a 1/2 hour. It gives me a complete break from the workday. Hope you can get some workouts in at lunch Rhea!

Melinda, I am glad DH isn't as doom and gloom as before. I think it will continue to get better. Like you, it's gotten dark and cold here too. We're supposed to have a pretty big storm come in tomorrow and since today was so pretty, I left work early to get BB outside for a short run. :)

Have a great week!

Great to see you, Tracy :D! Just remember - BB is young yet. Plus, as a dog, he's athletically gifted ;). Fingers crossed for the doggie day care!

Melinda - How is DH doing at his job :)? I looked at my discs this morning - they are actually called 'super sliders'. We are definitely colder here, too - it was 5º when I walked to work this morning :rolleyes:.

Rhea - How's it going, boss woman :)? Hope you get to come by and visit soon!

Boss woman way to busy. But I'm actually going to take a day off tomorrow! whoo! DH will have to go to work, so I'll have the whole day to myself. I can't wait to do whatever I want, which probably will include some ironing since it is a mile high. Plus, I would like to have a choice of clothes to wear instead of what is left that still fits me. LOL I start the BFFM Holiday challenge on Sunday (the challenge actually starts today with the ability to start between the 17th and the 23rd, but my team and I are taking a later start this time) Thank goodness, pictures in the am are hard enough but in the wee hours...eeek)

Rhea - I am so very glad you're taking a day to yourself :cool:! I know you more than deserve it! Fingers crossed for your challenge - hopefully you're as successful this year as you've always been :D!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.