Low Carbers & Friends - 2nd Qtr - 2014

Shadow

Cathlete
My gosh - can you guys believe we're already at the 2nd quarter of the year :confused:? It's going to be Christmas before we know it :( :rolleyes:!

Thank you for starting our new thread Lita!! :D But please don't mention
the holiday C word--I would have to put this smilie in--:(! Or this one--:mad: LOL!!

Rhea, what a beautiful, fast little car you got there! Thanks for the photo! I'm still driving my SUV I bought new in 1997 that has 235k miles on it. :p I'm waiting until it dies basically and will then get a little Subaru AWD. Gotta tone down my vehicle aspirations since I'm a state worker now! :eek:

Doing OK on the workouts but can tell I'm a little lost without a rotation! So I may have to make one up. Just a month long or so. Trick is finding the time to do that. I like some of Cathe's but I have to change them for my schedule so we'll see. The next time I write mmay find me in the same boat I am right now!

Rhea, is your BFFM challenge still on?
What kind of rotation are you doing Lita?

Melinda, where are you? I hope you are really busy with a new job!

Take care fit babes!

Wow - this page looks much better than the last time I tried to get here :eek:! I think the site had some issues earlier today :p.

Tracy - You're welcome for the thread and I promise not to use the "C" word again until much later this year :). My car is a 94 and has roughly 55,000 miles. No - that's not a typo, lol. I obviously don't drive much...

As for rotations, going to take some of Cathe's April rotation and sub workouts for the ones I'm tired of (LIS and XT series). For now, here's what I've come up with:
Week One
B&G (probably no floor work other than inner/outer thigh) - no abs
PUB
HiiT 40/20
High Reps
MMA:KB
Week Two
PS CST
L&G
HiiT Pyramid
PS BB
Cross Fire
Week Three
LBB
PUB
To The Max
MMA: B
BC (not too sure I'll stick to this)

However - I could just go with 4DS (doing it in 5 days) or.... ;).... Obviously I'm not decided yet. The LIS and XT rotations do my body good but gosh they make me hungry! I'm hoping if I switch to the above I'll get the benefits without the hunger - plus a change of pace from doing the same workouts over and over.

There - sorry you asked, aren't you :p :eek:?

Rhea and Melinda - How are you ladies doing :)?

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Tracy, no, I wish I could say I was busy with a new job, but sadly, I'm not. The market stinks for RNs with an associates, which is what I just go. Sooo, back to school to get my RN to BSN. I will be done in Dec this year. Makes it a lot easier to get a job. I'm interviewing and have come across some part time stuff, but not what I want. I still keep applying and in the mean time am doing my health screenings.

For the rotation, I'm not on one. I finished the STS meso 3 a few weeks ago and now am doing XT wt work and some HIIT and tabata. I like the 1/2 hour workouts. I may do this for a couple more weeks, then pull out another month of one of the STS mesocycles.

So glad it's warming up, slowly, though. I think we're going for another 6 mile walk after DH is done with work today. Those take us about 2 hours to do.

Lita, thanks for making the new thread. I need to go back and read the last part of the other one. And I thought I drove low miles on my car, you have me beat!

Rhea, I hope all is well with you!

Melinda - So glad to see you :cool:! Back to crackin' the books, huh :eek:? A lot of stress for you but I know you'll do a great job :). We're all here cheering for you!

Okay, so I'll have to do some confessing here. LOL I've been sidelined on the BFFM challenge (which ends for me on the 19th) I fell Saturday. Yep, klutz here missed a step, tripped or something in the garage and missed the last two stairs, conked my head on the concrete floor. So I've got a nice shiner, concussion and interesting bruises on the left side of my body. Despite the head hit, I'm amazed at the non-muscle soreness. I thought I would have whip-lash a little more than I did. (hit pretty hard , at least I thought I did.) Today is the first day back at work, which isn't saying much since I"m not really doing anything.

So I haven't been working out at all this week. Last week was some Chalene Extreme. love the shorter workouts myself lately.

Oh my word, Rhea :confused:!!!! I am so thankful you were not injured worse than you were!!! Please take care of yourself and let yourself heal fully before jumping back into things :). (((Hugs)))

Hi babes!

Great to see you Melinda! I'm sorry the market stinks and it drove you back to school!! Good luck with your continued studies (I know you'll do wonderfully!!) and I hope your interview went well today! :D

Rhea!! I am so glad you were not severely hurt in your fall!! And I echo Lita in saying it's best to wait until you are completely healed before you start jumping around again. :) I hope you are feeling alot better now.

No Lita, not sorry you told me what you've been up to! :D I've ended up going back to workouts I haven't done in a while and they feel like new ones to me! Some old Firms and Cathe workouts that have been neglected. So...winging it as usual! :p

I checked this site after the last time I wrote to see if Cathe had announced a new series or anything but she hadn't. It turns out that her father passed away in December so I highly doubt new workouts have been a priority for her. I'm surprised she did the Chicago Road Trip but maybe it's something she needed. I just remember not wanting to do much of anything when my mom passed away so good for Cathe! :)

Take care fit babes and here's to no injuries for anyone!

Tracy - So glad to see you :D! So sorry about Cathe's father :(. I would imagine she didn't want to disappoint all those people not to mention the nightmare of rescheduling all that. I know I went to work the morning I got the call about my mom - I just had to do something - and it was only a 4 hour shift. Thankfully I had a friend arranging transportation issues - I'm pretty sure that would've been a bit beyond me at that point. I'm not saying I was any good at my job ;) but... it surely beat sitting around crying... But, in my case, it wasn't a total surprise, either - and much better for my mother. I'm sure that makes a difference, too.

That is sad news about Cathe's father, I had never heard until today when I read it from you all.

Interviews went well, but no job. They got someone with more experience. So I am now going to give a try at home health while I work on my bachelors of nursing. Then I can say I have a year experience along with the BSN. Geeze, I'll be ready to retire.

I have been doing diff workouts, just trying the old stuff as well. I think next week I may do meso 2 of STS for a month with cardio thrown in there.

Not much else going on, except for my youngest son is moving out, so empty nesters here. I did see he stopped by and ate something while I was at work today, lol!

Melinda - Sorry the jobs didn't pan out but I know it's just a matter of time until you get to your goal :). Sounds like you and DH may suffer empty house syndrome but your house won't since it just might have a frequent visitor :p!

Hi Fit Babes!

Melinda, I got a chuckle out of your mystery eater! That and your comment about retiring when you're done with school and your work experience! Good employees are always needed so I know you will do well!

Lita, I was surprised about Cathe being willing to do another RT this year but she is! Daytona in October. Annndddd, I'm going!!! So excited!! Doing a work out on the beach and having a bonfire in the evening sounds so good. It's very rare for me to get to a warm beach! The last time I went was 6 years ago so it's time to do it again. :D

There seems to be room still for others to sign up. So if any of you babes have a desire to go, we can meet up!

I plan to take a look at Cathe's May rotation. Just to see if I can do it at all. Or want to. :p

Have a healthy week babes!

Ohh, road trip in October? Wish I could schedule that in.

I've been busy with new workouts. I got the new P90X3 and started last week, so I'm on week two. I love the 30 minute time for working out. Especially on the hard ones like Agility.....thank god that is only 30 minutes. I don't think I could last any longer. Got great drills like in the Cathe one....can't remember the name right now. Tomorrow is Yoga X. Like that in the middle of the week, and so much easier than his P90X one....which is like 90 minutes and I have never made it all the way through. But something is helping my shoulder and I'm not sure what it is....probably a combination of things, the body weight workouts along with great stretching and warm ups especially for the shoulder. He actually has one warmup that is just like an exercise I did at physical therapy.

Well, I had better get back to work. Hope y'all have a great rest of the day.

Hi Rhea! Good to see you! Looks like our little group is quite busy this time of year, it's been quiet here!

I say you should just cancel whatever you've got going in Oct and come on the RT! :D

I'm glad you are liking P90X3, I did the prior one but at the time couldn't devote more than 30 min to each workout. I liked it but I gotta save my money for a car. :rolleyes: And more Cathe workouts when she decides to make some.

I forgot to mention awhile back that Collage Video went out of business because it couldn't compete with Amazon and eBay. And from my perspective, it certainly couldn't beat presale prices that instructors give.

Decided not to do the May rotation because I do weight work alot anyway. But I am trying to do one really hard cardio a week to get the benefits from tomato head and hopefully keep up with Cathe in about 5 months. :p

Take care sweet babes!

Just finished week 2 of meso 2 on STS. I like just picking a month and doing that, not the whole 90 day thing.

Rhea, I think I will have to check out this new P90X3, I like the 30 min workout idea. I have been doing that a lot with other things, now just cutting down my power yoga workout from yoga zone into 30 min. That works well for me.

Tracy, that is exciting you will be heading to this side of the country. Daytona should be great in October with temps. I doubt I will go, but can't wait to hear how things are on the trip from you!

Lita, how are you doing? I hope all is well.

Interview this a.m. Will let you all know how that goes. This job is from a fellow friend I went to nursing school with. She said the place is very nice to work for. I would be working her days off, we would have the same job as a wound nurse. I'd also get training in other things. It will be part time, but that's ok. I will still do the health screenings.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.