It Loves Me It Loves Me Not HATE Oct 2

August

Cathlete
Sorry, I'm running out of original titles.

Michele - I'm glad to hear that the surgery is over and that things are stable. I can only imagine how very stressful that must be for you all, particularly your FIL. Your being there for him is most certainly a vital and needed comfort. And I'll bet it's really relieving to your DH for you to be such a wonderful support. I'm sending more vibes in your direction in hopes of a quick recovery for your MIL. I'm so glad to hear that she is alert and doing all right. Hopefully her blood pressure will be back to normal in no time.

All right. Don't scold. :) I couldn't stand it and I did my step today. But I did Gin's Simply Step which is really light and steady. I felt really energetic throughout and at the end even more energized, and getting the blood flowin' made me feel really good. Although it also really made the nose water flow like a friggen fountain LMAO! It was like "a basic step here..." (blow my nose)..."and now a repeater..." (blow)..."let's get a leg raise" (blow)..."and finish with a mambo!" (honk honk honk)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: HHHH! I almost forgot to tell you guys about the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal!!!!

Do you guys have chocolate whey protein? If you don't, get it. :D

To my surprise (and glee), I opened the cupboard to find that I still had some powdered skim milk (from the days I made really gross protein bars), and though I don't drink cow milk anymore, I did today ;) . So here is what I did:

1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup skim milk (or soy milk)
1/2 scoop or so of chocolate whey protein
1/2 tbsp organic peanut butter

Microwaved the oats and milk for 3 minutes or so, then add the whey and pb and mix it up. YUM. :9 I actually found the original recipe twice on the internet, but one called for 1 teaspoon of pb and the other one said 1 tbsp. So it's really up to your pb taste preference. But it's really pretty good. The pb really kicks the flavor up a notch.

I found another recipe that goes like this:

1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup skim milk
1 tbs Peanut butter (chunky is the best)
1/2 scoop chocolate whey powder OR 1/2 scoop vanilla plus 1 Tsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup blueberries

Maybe I'll try this version tomorrow morning.

All right. Time to blow the nose and get things goin :* .

Smiles out to everyone!

Hey guys!

Well its Monday again!! I am 1/2 awake....DD slept in the bed AGAIN last night, she has GOT to stop doing that.

I am going to go and battle with the day care today, so I am going to take time off from work to go and do this, does not make me happy.....uhhhh...ggrrrrrr......

Ok, August, so I was reading about your oatmeal...I think I am going to have to try it, but again I am only 1/2 awake

Michele-Glad to hear your MIL is doing good. I imagine the whole issue has been very scary, so glad to hear it worked out.

Ok, guys I have got to run to get ready for work, but I will try to check back in later.

Have a good one everyone!

PS-I have party pics if anyone wants to see them email me.

Hi everybody!

I only have a minute--I have to pick up my FIL and head to the hospital. My MIL is still in the ICU but they said she's stable. It hit me like a ton of bricks this morning when I came to the realization that I probably cannot go to Italy. I just don't see how I can. My in-laws will need help and there's nobody else to provide it. They will need help with errands and grocery shopping, cooking...you name it. I have to admit I got a little teary eyed about it but I wouldn't have fun in Italy knowing my inlaws were here alone and in need of help.

August, that goopy oatmeal recipe sounds positively delish! I'm going to have to try it.

Janjan, I definitely want to see pictures!

I'll try to update ya'll tonight. I have to run for now. Have a great day, everybody!:*

Urgh, Michele, I dreaded that that might be your next post. And you've been looking forward to Italy all this time. I'm so sorry.

It totally busts me up thinking what a great daughter-in-law you are. Your parents did a fantastic job. And your DH sure picked a great woman.

And all the better for us because we get more of you since you'll be around! YAY YAY YAY! :D :D :D :D :D (maybe not much consolation ;) )

And hey, hey! You don't have to feel aggravated should none of those shoes you ordered fit well! ( :-( okay, also maybe not much consolation.)

I guess the best consolation is just what you wrote - that your family needs you...and you're doing the right thing.

Anyway, more good vibes coming at you.

Janjan - Hey, sleepyhead! Did you get to make the chocolate PB oatmeal?

I dunno. Whaddaya think. Does chain-blowing your nose count as cardio?

I think I'm at my peak of the cold. And I was half right about turning into a blueberry, only it's a small plum, and it's growing at the side of my neck. ;(

If it doesn't get better by tomorrow...................................I'll have to take a day of rest!

OH NO!!!!!!!!! :eek: :-( :eek: :-( :eek: :-(

Or maybe this is hay fever? :p

Hi Ladies -

Michele - I am so sorry about your MIL and that you may miss your trip. You were looking so forward to it.

I haven't worked out in a week, I don't really know why. I think I am going to go back to 5FF workout again.

Hi Michele... (and all)

Not sure if you remember me... I was one of the original cardio haters with you. I'm back on this thread to check in!

Sorry to hear about your MIL..hope her condition improves!

I'm starting a beg/int 12 week rotation. Need that dreaded cardio!

I think I am going to go home early from work today and do some major flylady cleaning. Do you ever just one day wake up and think your house is dirty, but you thought it was fine before? I am going to do some major detail cleaning of stuff that is driving me insane! Scrubbing floors, cleaning cabinets, you know, the fun stuff. That is a workout, right?

Yes..that is work.....can you come by and clean mine too. I have no time any more...grrrr....I sit in traffic all day!!!!

It's been a very long day. The good news is, my MIL is out of the ICU and back on the surgery floor. Her blood pressure is still low but better than it was yesterday. She's not allowed to have anythning to eat or drink--just a few sips of water to swallow her pills. Hopefully they'll let her have something tomorrow. She had a fever but that's gone now, too. I got my FIL squared away for the night and now I'm POOPED!

August, you made me cry! You said such nice things about me and I really don't deserve it. Trust me, I was a holey terror as a child--lol!

ELLEN!!! Where have you been!?!? For awhile there I thought you ran off with that pool boy--lol! Welcome back--we're very happy to have you!!:)

Diane, when you're finished flyladying your house you're welcome to come here and start on mine. My house is a MESS.

Janjan, pictures please. And what happened at the daycare center?

Kate, how was the birthday party? Did you skate? Please tell me you didn't skate--lol!

I'm going to bed now. I'm really beat. I have no idea what I'm doing tomorrow--I think I'm taking dinner to my FIL so I might be around during the day, but these are tentative plans and subject to change.

Oh! A shoe store was delivered to my front door today and BOO HOO! They all have to go back. I ordered 6 pairs and NONE of them fit:-( . It's like I always say, if you're going to have a bad day it should be really, really baaaad--lol!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.