Love to hate Part 2 - Jan 8

August

Cathlete
Hello there!

It seems y'all were busy loving that everyone forgot to hate yesterday except for Robin! :7

I just finished Christi's Totally Hot Cardio followed by PUB abs. I'm icing my calves right now. :) I'm finally able to stand up some, though calf stretches are just about me standing vertically :p .

Ahhhh. Gym Style ROCKS! With this much pain I know I'm doing something! :+

Have a great start of the week everybody!

Sad to say that when I saw August was icing her calves, I wondered if she was using vanilla or chocolate.

Today the rotation calls for IMAX 3. Yay, one I have. I see the rotation calls for 30 min of interval runs later in the week. Time to fear the challenge, not embrace it.

Enjoy your Monday all.

What is with you people and your dark chocolate? Milk is where is it baby

what is the challenge? I cannot seem to do cardio since I had meltdown the other day. In fact, I am not doing anything today. I am having bladder problems again and didn't sleep. Okay, let's all feel sorry for me.But I did do the entirety (Sp?) yesterday

School is back on!!!

I am in the class today but at least I am not fielding fights!!

Oh jeez, again?! If you just wouldn't have bladder problems, then you could get some good sleep and that would prevent you from having bladder problems!

;)

I'm off to bed. Tomorrow's a little early again....but I CAN WALK! I CAN WALK! Yes, that's right, folks, I can walk and not wobble. I'm going to do my Gym Style BSB, and I'm not going to do my additional cardio CTX All Step. :)

Early mornings are the cause for me to choose just one. You think I'm going to choose cardio when I need to prep my bod for some more Gym pain?

Hey, Kate, your flu all gone?

Good morning and kudos to Robin and August for keeping the haters afloat over the weekend.

DH and I were pretty busy this weekend and I didn't have a chance to check the forums until about 3 AM when I was unable to sleep;( . The kicker is, I still had to get up really early this morning. Now all I want to do is take a nap but I can't--I have so much to do today it's not funny;( .

I haven't worked out in over a week unless you count cleaning and organizing my workout room. Actually that should count, after all, I had to collect and carry dumbbells and plates from all over the house, put 2 racks together, cart out 8 FULL bags of trash, and vacuum the floor AND walls (the walls and ceiling were full of cobwebs and dust --cough--hack). It was a LOT of work so I'm counting it as cardio and weights:p

August, I'm glad you can stand up -- lol! I do love the GS workouts. I think they're Cathe's finest! I haven't tried the pyramid workouts yet but I do have them. I should mail them to Robin for her rotation -- lol! --You should try my pizza recipe. We liked it so much that I made them again last night:9.

Robin, I'll take chocolate -- milk or dark, just not white -- please and thank you. I'm over the moon about Greyor's cooing. You should film it and put it up on You Tube so we can all hear--lol! Oh yeah, I hear ya, and I'm definitely fearing all challenges right now.

Kate, poor Kate. I think I may have to dig out my nurse's cap and come take care of you. First the flu and now your bladder woes again. What are we going to do with you :eek:? Seriously, I will say a prayer for you and I hope you're better real soon.

Diane, My DH would probably try rice or soy cheese on his pizza, but I never eat cheese on pizza. Weird, I know, but I've been picking the cheese off my pizza for as long as I can remember. My little Italian grandmother never put cheese on her homemade pizza so I never developed a taste for it myself. One of the reasons I wouldn't fare well on E2L is because I'm a really fussy eater--LMAO! Really though, I cannot stand soy products. I could never eat tofu or drink soy milk. Do you remember that movie with Meg Ryan -- When Harry Met Sally? She was really picky about her food. I'm exactly like that. I like what I like, I hate what I hate, and everything has to be fixed a special way. I'm frigging impossible when it comes to food:eek: ;) . I am very proud of you, though, for how well you're doing on the E2L challenge.

I have several errands to run today and major grocery shopping to do. I found a letter in a stack of mail that I apparently overlooked. It was a note from our grocery store thanking us for our loyalty and patronage with instructions to present the letter at their customer service window, and collect my free gift. WOW, I can't wait to see what I got!! I also need to initiate my workout room, for crying out loud. I have no idea which workout I'm going to do, but something with weights. Oh, I succumbed to all the talk of Jari Love and bought both RTTC and S&L. Maybe I'll do one of them.

Oh yeah, chocolate covered mustard greens with nuts and barley sprinkles -- YUM-O!

August, I hope you sleep better than I did.:*

Jana, Dana, Deb--I hope you all have a fantastic day.

I better scoot! :* :*

Hi ladies -

Just dropping by. I have a lot of work today, probably staying late tonight. I did two workouts this weekend though! My first workouts in weeks. I did an intermediate toning video on Saturday and took a 30 min walk on Sunday. I know that is not much, but I am COMPLETELY out of shape right now. I will bounce back in a couple weeks and be able to do more hopefully.

I have continued on my ETL diet. I read more of the book this weekend (I haven't finished it, I just skimmed the book to start the diet) and it is really convincing me to become a vegan, or at least eat that way 90% of the time. If the studies he cites are correct, then meat and dairy are linked to so many cancers and diseases it is scary!! If nothing else, the ETL book has made fruits and veggies the center of my diet, whether I decide to continue eating meat a few times a week or not. It has completey changed how DH and I eat and think about food. Our shopping cart is completely full when we leave the produce section, instead of just 1/2 full. That is a big change for us.

Unfortunately, I can't really tell if I am losing weight or not because my scale is not working. I am not as concerned with weight really as much as health. But I know this kind of diet will help keep me at a healthy weight.

Hi ladies. I was not hatin' over the weekend.

Today has been quite the day. I forgot Gannon had his 15 month check up so I forgot to tell my boss or daycare that I'd be late, so I had to call everyone this am. Aside from the check-up going well, my baby has pink eye and an ear infection. I knew on Saturday morning that he had pink eye and luckily I had medicine from the last time he had it so I was able to treat it and he was able to go to daycare. I just got back from the pharmacy - I had to pick up his antibiotics.

August - you poor thing. Did you do GSL again or are the DOMS still from the other day? Like I told you before, I did GSL and I was out of commission for an entire week. Totally sucked. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a wee bit better.

Michele - definitely count your room organizing as a workout. I know that when I moved all my stuff from the bedroom to the basement I was sweating. Is it ready to workout in yet? I bet your anxious to start using it. For weights that is, not cardio. I really like PUB. PLB is a good workout but I'm not fond of LB workouts (hence my big bottom). The floorwork in that is a killer. You use a stablity ball for it. It isn't quite as bad as the floorwork in GSL or B&G though. Try PUB though, you will love it, I know you will.

Robin - did you guys get down to the Farm Show? I didn't read the post where you said Greyor was cooing but I'm going by what Michele just said - that is wonderful. I'm assuming that your going to be sitting for him quite a bit? If so, you need to get a jogging stroller. It is by far the best gift I received at my baby shower 6 years ago. I used it for Gabe and I"m using it for Gannon. I love it. My mom got it at Toys R Us.

Kate - one word for you, DARK. Dark choc filled w/pb. Yummo!

Diane - good for you for sticking with ETL. Can you tell a difference with the way you feel?

Hi to Deb and Jana and anyone else I may have forgotten.

Guess what I got over the weekend? A bread maker. Yesterday I made whole wheat cranberry bread - very good! I'm anxious to start trying some new breads.

Well, better get back to work. I'm swamped.

Have a great day everyone!

ROBIN - I was skimming the "hate threads" that I missed and you did GS chest, triceps back, biceps, and shoulders all in one days. My goodness girl! How long did that take you? No wonder you had DOMS.

Dana, Yahoo on the bread maker. I love mine, although I haven't used it in months. It took me about a hour and a half to do all the GS upper body. I still have major DOMS and tomarrow calls for GS C&T again. Yikes.

Kate, dark, dark, dark, milk! Sounds like a kids game. Sorry about the bladder problem. I just got a call from my doctor about my ultrasound results and he was concerned about my 900 ml bladder! I told him it isn't normally that full. LOL.

Diane, I'm sure you'll be back to your old fitness level in no time. I have toyed with being vegetarian in the past, but always come back to meat in the end. Ha, I wish my scale would break. Hey, maybe it is broken and that is why it isn't budging.

August, sleep well oh sticky legs.

Michele, get that workout room inagurated. Is that spelled right?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.