Let's Go---> Work work week of 8.17-8.23

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Gals

Today was ME! Wow what a workout!! (I miss the tough workout smilie) I really liked this workout, I sweated more with MM, but I felt more worked out with ME. I think I will do ME 3X this week and cut out the circuit! Oh, and surprisingly- loved the abs even though there were no planks!

Gin~ One more week of freedom and I will be joining you, working! Where did the summer go?? How'd you do with ME- it was hard, wasn't it? I hope all went well with the move for your DS and DIL.

Marcy~ I hope you are having a nice weekend!

Have a great day girls

Good Morning Girls!

Just finished ME and I like that one! The biceps were the hardest for me ( besides the usual OUCHIE! lunges:mad:).
DS and DIL's move was fine. We really only helped them for 3 hours. They still have quite a bit to unpack and put away.
I am going to lunch and a movie with a friend after church today for an early b-day celebration!:) Not sure what movie yet.

Deanie~Have you been watching your hometown boy, Michael Phelps win all the gold medals?? So exciting!! How was the basement clean-up? Does it look great now? Did you find any boots that you had to have? I think I may stick with doing the Terminator on Tues since I haven't done that one much.

Marcy~Hope you are having a good weekend.

Have a great day!

hi again- kids are out and dinner is started, so just checkin' in:)

Gin~ Hope you had a nice time with your friend today. What did you end up seeing? Your birthday is the 28th? I will probably do The Gauntlet cardio only later in the week. For some reason, I really want to do CF tomorrow!!!:eek::eek:??? so I am.:p I find it so much easier to sub when I make the rotations vs. when Cathe does. The boys made 46$ yesterday:eek:!! not bad- they wanted to spend it right away,(sound familiar?;)) so I took them to target today. LOVE Michael Phelps- kids were soooo into watching him! No boots for me, everything was sold out in size 6!:( probably shouldn't be buying any anyway-LOL And yes, the basement looks great!!!:D we threw out alot of stuff (5 large green garbage bags) and organized the rest. It was getting so crowded down there, I was starting to feel claustriphobic (sp?)

Waves hi to Marcy!!

Have a great evening!

Good Morning Gals

Just finished Cardio Fusion! Great workout, though I did cuss at Cathe after drill 6 from DM when she made us do the slow squat thrusts and jump over the board!!!:mad: I soooo wanted to be done after the football runs!

Gin~ Hope you had a fun cardio today. Are you able to run with your friends with the new job/hours?

Marcy~ Hope you had a great weekend.

Off to shoe shopping for the boys and haircuts today. And of course the pool this after noon!!;) :D

Thinking of cutting the rotation for this month to 4 weeks instead of 6. I've got 2 rotations I'm thinking of for next month....
pub/plb and a full body each week and 3 days of cardio for 4 weeks,
or a rotation Debbie (fitness freak) recommended:
chest and back ss/4ds
cardio
bi/tri ss/4ds
cardio
shoulders ss/4ds
legs ss/4ds
then the next week sub pp for ss (weeks 3&4 repeat 1&2)

i am leaning towards the pyramids, not quite ready to let go of the full body routines, but I do really like Debbies. Thoughts????

have a rockin' day:) :cool:

Good Morning Ladies!

Today I ran and then did MIC and boy was I worn out!! I had not done MIC in ages and it was hard!:p

Today I am helping to set up the room at school ( don't have to go in until 10!) and tomorrow and Wed are mtgs and have to be there earlier.

Deanie~CF is a fun one, but I do get worn out with all of the DM drills! I think I want to start just running on Monday and Friday so I can still do some Cathe cardio. We run the same pace (no sprinting) and I just think that mixing it up is better. My work schedule is 8-4, except Wed 7:45-4.
I'll have to look at your next rotation idea and think about it. We are in the process of moving my workout room to ds's old bedroom. I plan to buy a 5 disc dvd player w/o vhs. My PUB and PLB is on vhs. So I guess another option for rotation would be better for me. Yeah to cleaning out the garage. My birthday is the 27th. I enjoyed getting together with my friend yesterday.

Marcy~ We missed you this weekend. What are you up to?

Have great day!

Good Morning!

I rested the whole weekend (well, maybe not completely). Did a total of 6 chinups, 16 wide pushups, planks and Night Club 2 dance lessons. The dance lesson was great because there were enough partners for everyone so everyone had more time to dance.

Today I caught up on my missed workout in the rotation so I did:

PUB Abs - did these first. only rested after 12 pikes and then finished up.
Tracey's Strictly Upper Body from Parts Series -
Back rows from plank - 12#
One Arm rows - 15.6#
Concentration curls on ball - 15.6#
Alternating Upper Cuts - 12#
One Arm Chest Press on bench- 18.6#
Chest Flyes on Ball - 8#
Rotational pushups - 5#
Kickbacks - This is a tough exercise - on every odd count set, you hold for 3 counts and she goes for 8 sets. Then 1 set of overhead extensions (I used 18.8#) then she does another set of kickbacks with palms facing down, same counts as before.
Front arm raise - 5#; then raise and scoop arms in
Then the flutter - small pulses with arms bent for 16 counts
On the 2nd set, I had to drop to 3# and still felt it.

Then I did 4DS Legs Premix (31 mins.) - this included calf work but no stretch. I needed the extra stretch so I did kickbox stretch.
I liked that she only did 2 sets of each exercise (are there only 2 sets in regular workout?)
Warmup bbl squats - 17.8#
Front Squats - 33#
Deadlifts - 20.6# dbbls - feel these a lot more when using dbbls vs. bbl
Plie Squats - 29.2#
Side Leg Presses - 18.6#
Low Plane Lunges - 10#
Outer Thigh leg press - 10# and 5# ankle weights
Bbl squats - 33#

Deanie - A weekly check-in is fine with me. I saw your posts about daily calories. I also think 2,500+ is too high. I like to stay between 1700-2000 calories. I've just been writing down my calories and nutrients. I've started to use measuring cups again (definitely helps). I tend not to cheat as much because I don't want to write down anything bad. I'm also trying not to eat past 7-8:00. Congrats on your boys' earnings! Sorry they didn't have boots in your size.

Gin - Congrats on getting through MIC! Yes, I did see the STS Clips. I commented over the weekend but I'll say it again here. Like Deanie, I thought it reminded me a lot of P90X with all the pushups and the counter but a lot of the exercises looked the same as in other workouts with the exception of an incline front raise (in hammer curl position) on the ball. From what I remember of the blog, I liked the core workouts and am looking forward to the plyo leg workouts. I can't wait to see more clips.

Will try to BBL. Have a great day!

Marcy

Good Morning Ladies!

Today was Terminator Guantlet. It was a lot of fun, the time seemed to fly by and I was quite drippy at the end!!:p But, by the last cardio segment, I was toast!! I'll have to do abs tonight...probably B&G.
I got to work out in my new workout room! I bought a Sony 5 disc dvd changer ( early b-day from my parents) and my brother gave me his old tv, that works great! YEAH!! I just still have a few workouts on vhs (Pyramids and Leaner Legs plus a few others).
Have you guys seen the new Cathe Gear?:D

Marcy~Glad you enjoyed the dance lessons. You should be the one teaching!! Great workout yesterday.

Deanie~Did you do ME again today? Are you going to the pool again today? Enjoy your last few days of summer!!:) Did you decide on a Sept rotation?

Have a great day!!

Good Morning Gals

Today was ME again. I used the same weights as Cathe for shoulders and chest and upped all the others! :D

Gin~ Good job with MIC that one always gets me! Yeah to the 5 disc changer :) you will love it! Congrats on the new room, where were you working out before? Yes, today is music lesson at 1 and then off to the pool! gotta get there as much as possible before school! I'm good with going with Debbies rotation I posted yesterday if you are, for Sept. Let me know!

Marcy~ Great workout with 4DS! You know I love that series! Your dance class sounds fun! I agree with Gin- you should be teaching!:) I am trying to keep my calories between 1700-2000 (hard after yesterdays CF) and see how that goes! My ratios have been good, (carbs/protein/fat) so I guess I'm okay. I agree, I also don't cheat if I write it down!

Have a great day!!

Last edited:
Good Afternoon Ladies!

Today was IMAX 1. I did it on 8"! (which I shouldn't have since my breathing was horrible this morning). I got through the warmup and 1st combo then rested. Got through Intervals 1-6 well. Interval 7 with the lunges off the step started to get tough. Interval 8 with the power scissors was a disaster. Had to stop in the middle and didn't finish it. 9 with the hitch kicks went fine. On interval 10, I even had to modify the step combo and I only did the side jumps but no air jacks or tuck jumps. The choreography in this is a little boring for me but it's still a great workout and I really like the long recoveries in this one. My legs feel like jello right now! They're probably going to feel even worse tomorrow after B&G #3!

Thanks for the kinds words about me teaching. I actually have taught a few classes but I couldn't teach the partner classes. I took pas de deux classes when I took ballet years ago but since then haven't done any partner dances till now. I'll be going to a line dance-a-thon on Saturday night which should be good since it's all kind of dances, not just country.

Gin - I'll be doing Guantlet on Fri. Hope it goes as quickly for me as it did for you. Congrats on your new workout room!:D I have to go check out the Cathe gear. I probably won't be buying anything for a while though.

Deanie - Good work with ME! Enjoy your last few days at the pool!

Have a great day!

Marcy

Good Morning gals

today was the Gauntlet cardio only. I was a sweaty mess when I was done, but I really enjoyed the workout! I am going to do the bc/me bonus workout tomorrow. I think that's okay, even though I did the gauntlet with bc cardio in it today. what do you think? We are leaving early on friday, so i won't be able to workout and i've never done this circuit before- looks good.

Gin~ How's working out in the new room???:D Its nice to have your own space. what cardio did you do today? I did see the new cathe gear, won't be buying any though. the only thing i want is the tower, and now that looks like it may be out of my range, esp. since dh rigged up a chinup bar for me.

Marcy~ You are very adventurous to do Imax on 8" with all the breathing/cardio issues you've been having!! I think Imax is the hardest of the 3!!! Maybe you should be careful and do half and work up from there. How do you feel today? Be careful with the Gauntlet tomorrow! any news on the job front?

Have a great day-
its the big clean up at home today- get ready for vaca. and school so I will try and bbl:D

Good Afternoon!

Today was B&G Premix #3. This is the walking lunge premix! Now I know what everyone was talking about with this premix. Never did it before. Very effective and really felt it in my glutes. Amazing what little to no weight can do for you. Didn't realize there was so much repetition in this premix but it was really good. The only thing I didn't like was there was no warmup but I did the regular warmup. Also, this one definitely had a cardio effect for me and sometimes she left no time to cool down a little before the next exercise. I couldn't wait for the stretch!

I also did abs/core work from Seasun Zieger's Rock Steady Step. Plank and ab work. I'm getting really good at planks.

Last night was Shag lessons again. Lots of fun. A swing dance. It's the state dance of SC.

Deanie - Happy cleaning:p Friday is the Gauntlet for me. It's been awhile since I've done that one. Probably more than a year. I feel much better today. The air quality outside yesterday was really bad. I don't know if that affects the inside. Today was much better. I think next month I'm just going to stick with steady state. A bit easier for me but also better for fat burning. I also find I get hungrier when I do IMAXes than steady state.

Gin - I looked at the Cathe gear. The only things I might be interested in are the weighted gloves and the toning tubes. Everything still going smoothly at work?

Have a great day!

Marcy

Hi Girls!

I am posting late today b/c I worked from 8-5. I am not used to these long hours! When I woke up this monring it was thundering, so no running and then I just decided that I was too tired, so I just took a "rest" day and did SM2. Tomorrow will be ME and Friday run and Sat KM .
We had a speaker at school today who was interesting, but spoke from 8-2 with a lunch break and then I worked in the Kinder room until 5. I have got to go to bed earlier. I keep staying up late watching the Olympics!:p

Deanie~Your workout plan sounds good. I really like Terminator. Glad I bought that one. Did you decide what you will do in Sept? Do your boys start school Monday and do you start in-service then also? How long will you be gone to Cooperstown?

Marcy~Hope you enjoy the Gauntlet tomorrow. I think the first time I did the B&G premix, I thought it was broken. We kept doing so many repeats!!:confused: Work is going well, thank you. Everyone is so nice and welcoming.

Gotta run.
Until tomorrow....

Hi again

Gin~ Wow what a long day at school you had. When I'm in a class from 8-2 I end up with a headache!!:p too much sitting, not enough moving for me. At least your speaker was interesting. I think I will do the SS/4DS rotation I posted earlier in this thread next month. What about you? Cooperstown is just a quick 3 day weekend event for us- up on friday and back on sunday night. on monday the my younger ds has open house at school and on tues. they both start school and I have in-house!!! Where has the summer gone????

On a side note- tonight I did the pushups Cahte did on the sts clip- 8 1.5 reg. pushups, 8 1.5 wide pushups, and I got up to 20 regular push ups after that. not bad, considering I did an extended version of clean max all day today after my workout:D now I have something to work towards!!

Marcy~ I never really appreciated B&G until I did the premixes. I'm surprised you didn't do the ball abs on b&g!! you will be feeling it tomorrow, i'm sure!;) Your dance class sounds like alot of fun!!

Have a great evening!

Good Morning gals

Off to do the bc/me bonus combo. Then clean max, laundry max and pool max today. somewhere in there I need to pack!:p we are so excited to go to cooperstown!!

Gin~ hope you have a good day at work.

Marcy~ how was your workout? what's going on with the job situation. I hope you hear something soon, but your probably enjoying the down time!

Have a great day and weekend!

Good Morning Ladies!

Today was ME. Me likey!:)
Tonight I am going to dinner with Jean (dreamyjeanne) and Pennie! Two Catheites! Jean lives fairly close to me and Pennie is in town to bring her ds to school.

Deanie~Can't wait to hear all about your Cooperstown experience! I know you will all love it. How was the BC/ME combo? I am doing that next week. Congrats on doing the STS style pushups!! You go girl!:) Enjoy your last few days before school! The speaker yesterday (a psychologist) has written several books. I bought one..Why Do They Act That Way? A survival guide to the adolescent brain for you and your teen. I plan to read and then send to my SIL. You may be interested, since you will be coming up on this in the near future!:p

Marcy~What is on tap with you today?

Have a great day!

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Today was Powerstrike Millennium 2 with Ilaria Montagnini and Patricia Moreno. I love this workout. It's a real true kickboxing workout with lots of emphasis on form. I felt like I put my whole body into the punches instead of just my arms and they stress that you should snap the leg back in quickly in the kicks. A true low impact, high intensity workout. Only a few jumping jacks and some power scissors for high impact.

Deanie - Have a great trip to Cooperstown! I didn't do B&G abs because I just did them last week but I think they're included in next week's premix and I'm going to do the weighted abs workout. The job situtation is pretty dead right now. I keep plugging away at sending out applications but I don't seem to get many responses or the ads are bogus. Congrats on doing the STS pushups! I didn't think you'd have a problem with them. Thanks for asking about the STS workout card. I printed out the info. STS seems to be so involved. I wish she could just send out printed cards with it.

Gin - Enjoy your dinner this evening! Glad you enjoyed ME. I'll have to see if I likey tomorrow after the Gauntlet.

Have a great day!

Marcy

Good Morning Ladies!

Today I ran my usual MWF 3 miles. Glad I was able to get through it b/c I only slept about 4 hours last night.:( TGIF!
Today the Kinder kids come for 1 1/2 hour to meet the teacher.
It was great to see Jean and Pennie last night and talk about STS and all things related Cathe that nobody in my life wants to hear about. Pennie was telling me about Classical Stretch and how good it is. Do either of you have this?

Deanie~Have a safe and fun trip to Cooperstown! How was BC/ME yesterday? Are you ready for the school year to begin?

Marcy~How was the Guantlet?:)What is on tap for you this weekend?

Have a great day!

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I did the Gauntlet today. It was great! One of my absolute favorite circuit workouts. Got through the IMAX intervals okay but only got through the first set of terminator climbers, the little jumps and then eeked out 1 more terminator. Used basically the same weights as Cathe but went heavier on the deadlifts/deadrows. Not much chest work in this one which was fine with me!

Went dancing last night and am doing a line dance marathon tomorrow night so I'm definitely getting my cardio in!

Gin - I'm supposed to do a 30 mins. run on Sunday but since I'm doing so much dancing this weekend, I'm probably going to skip the run. Also supposed to do PLB but will probably only do the stability ball workout and maybe a little bit of a barre type workout. What rotation do you plan on doing next month?

I don't have Classical Stretch but have been wanting it since last year - especially her 2007 TV season. I'm sure there are reviews on VF for these. I had downloaded an article she wrote about her technique which was very interesting but I don't remember where I got it from (probably from VF) or maybe from her website. Do they have this on Netflix or are you just thinking of buying it?

Deanie - Hope you're having a great time in Cooperstown!

Have a great weekend! I will really try and post over the weekend.

Marcy

Good Morning Girls!

I just finished KM KB/BC Challenge. I think it is all of KM except the leg drills. I am so glad that the weekend is here!! I was quite tired from last week of getting back into the routine of working full days and not sleeping well.:(
We met the kids that will be in our class yesterday. They seem good so far. But, tough to tell in 1 1/2 hours.

Marcy~What does a line dance marathon involve? Sounds like a lot of dancing to me! Glad the you enjoyed the Guantlet. I think it is one of my favs now. I checked NetFlix and they don't have Classical Stretch, so I guess I'll buy it. It's $20. I hope you are able to post today so I am not talking to myself!:p

Deanie~Hope you are having a great time in Coopertown. Did you say you would be going to an Astros game? I told my mother that your boys were Astros fans and she liked that. She has become a bigger fan than my dad!

Have a great day!

Hi Gin!

Didn't want you to be talking to yourself. Today's a rest day. In a little while, I am going to my line dance marathon which is about 6 hours worth of dancing. Enough cardio, you think?

I hope the kids in your class continue to be good for you.

Let me know how Classical Stretch works out for you!

Deanie - Hope you're having a great time in Cooperstown!

Have a good evening!

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.