Let's Go ~*~*~* Weekend Update~*~*~*5/31-6/1

TXGin

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls!

Today was BB's Unlocking Athletic Power yoga and The Method 20/20 Pilates. Just a total of 45 min.
I have DOMS in my upper body and lower body from yesteday's KM!! Go figure!?!? I really haven't been sore from this rotation until today!

Marcy--I'm glad you enjoyed dancing the other night. I'll bet that is a great way to meet new people. How was your interview yesterday? Will you be joining us with the June rotation? Hope so!

Deanie--Congrats to ds's Reading award. Like mother, like son, right? You read a lot, don't you? That is great! How was KM? Did you do the entire w/o or a premix? We will be doing a lot less cardio next month. I'm curious about that.

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Good Morning :)

Today I slept in, I was just so tired!!!! So I worked out after breakfast instead. It was nice! We have a baseball game at 11:30, so i did the first premix on KM. I really liked the combos, I think that is the best part of the workout. I liked how they didn't have a long breakdown, and moved quickly. I am sure I will be sore from the leg work tomorrow- Ouchie!

Gin~ I am worried about doing so little cardio too, but not being a cardio fan (except kickbox) I am hoping for good results:)

Marcy~ How was your interview yesterday? I hope it went well.

I will be starting the new rotation on Monday!

have a great day!
Deanie

Good Morning Ladies!

I had to pull us up from the bottom of the page!!:(
Today I started the 4ds rotation with C&B and LIS abs. I don't have a place to do the pulls and chins:-( , but I may try to do pushups more than once a week. Does that sound okay?
I have a b-day lunch to go to today for the K teacher I will be teaching with.

Deanie--Is today your rest day? Enjoy! Are you sore at all from KM? How was ds's b-ball game yesterday?

Marcy--Will you be joining us with the 4ds rotation? How was the interview?

Have a great day!
Gin:)

ETA: I took a look at Cathe's June rotation and didn't print it. She uses S&H, the Pyramids and some of the older step workouts. I like what we are doing better!:)

Good Morning :)

Today is my rest day, so I'm resting;-) Really looking forward to our new rotation. I did like Cathe's June rotation though, maybe another time.... I have my rotations planned out thru August. I hope we get STS by Aug. because I'm hoping to start it in Sept. (had really wished for a june or july date, so we could show off our results at the pool!!LOL)

Gin~ Enjoy your birthday lunch today! We just found out DH will be in Texas later this month for work. Irving Texas. We were thinking of going with him, but I don't fly and he is there for 2 weeks. We don't know what we would do all that time. Is that by you? Extra pushups could only be good! Go for it!!}( No baseball yesterday- storms galore! we lost power for 2 hours! Then went to see the new Indiana Jones movie--Fun!

Marcy~ How was the interview? I think you are joining us for the 4DS rotation? Will you start on Monday? have I asked enough questions??? :) LOL

Hope you are all having a nice weekend!
Today is younger DS's guitar recital at 3:30!! I may post it on youtube! I'll let you know. :)

Deanie

Good Morning:

I thought I would be able to check in more now that I'm home but we seem to always have something to do with the house and otherwise I'm busy job hunting.

The interview on Friday turned out they were recruiting for insurance agents which is so not me. I'm hoping some temp positions come through and at least I'll get my foot in the door.

I managed to do a really great total body workout Friday night:

Did 1 chinup
Did Amy Bento's Slo Mo Short on Time Upper Body Premix: 30 mins.

3 sets of lying rows lying over stability ball - 15# (varying counts)

Overhead press on ball - Started with 18# then had to drop to 15# (2 sets) varying counts

Incline Bench press (opposite of Cathe's - (your butt is at the highest level and shoulders are at the bottom) - 3 sets varying counts (15#)

Bicep Bonfire - 8# - 3 sets - Lying on step, you let arms go below step, do a curl up, go down and brng arms horizontally across to touch step (that was the hard part)

Triceps - band kickbacks - band is draped around neck - 2 sets - varying counts - My triceps were burning after this one!

On to lower body:

Tracey's Glute Camp:

I love her warmup. Squats, calf work, balance work, lunges.

Squats with legs in band (15#), firewalkers and jumps in and out
Deadlifts on bosu or bench with heavy weight (I was on the step and used 15# - 2 sets, different counts)

Quad shredders - no weights but you really feel it

Balance with one knee up on step (3#), lunges and single and low end pulses

Inner thighs - plies with 5#
Glute lifts
Outer thigh lifts and circles forward and back
Inner thigh (make a diamond with your feet together and go down and legs go down and up).

Core Blast: did plank section (almost did the whole thing) - this is one of the tougher sections on this DVD. Felt really good on side planks.

My whole body was sore yesterday and I was tired so yesterday was a rest day. This morning I helped DH. He chopped down a tree in the backyard and I was cutting up branches. Then it started to rain so we're inside.

Meals:

Breakfast - 2 Nutrigrain waffles, 1/2 grapefruit and some cashews and almonds
Snack - 2 hardboiled eggs (had mostly whites but a little bit of yolk) - also made some egg salad. Also had some triscuit crackers and roasted red pepper hummus.
Lunch - ?
Snack - Yogurt
Dinner - Lasagne

I will be joining you but probably not until next week. I actually found a gym close by (not that I plan on joining) but I get 5 free days of classes and would like to take some group classes for a change. They have Body Pump (I think this is Les Mills' Body Pump that I keep hearing about); Body Combat (kickboxing)d, Body Flow (yoga and pilates); Body Step, rpm (spinning) (I've really wanted to try a spinning class for awhile); Body Attack (circuit); Body Jam (dance) and they also had a Yoga/Stretch class and a Learn to Dance class. I'm also taking a free kickboxing class on Tuesday (supposedly using a heavy bag). DH actually encouraged me to take the class. He used to box and he says its so much better when you're punches are actually making contact with something.

I still plan on doing my chinups this week.

Deanie - Good luck to DS at his guitar recital. I'm sure he'll do great.

Gin - Enjoy the birthday lunch. I also looked at Cathe's June rotation and wasn't that thrilled with it.

I think I've talked your ears off for awhile. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.