KK's September Check In

Netta

Cathlete
Good morning,
Hope everyone had a good weekend. I spent a couple days watching my Grandmother while my parents were out of town. Yesterday, DH and I took a nice Rhino ride out in the forest. Got to go to a lookout and check out the view. Saw a couple of small fires. Later during the ride, we saw a huge plume of smoke from the area that we camped in a few weeks ago and the same area that we 4-wheeled in with all the family last weekend. So sad. Hope they get the fire out soon.

Today was most of S&H biceps and back, followed by 2 combos from Step Blast using 2 risers for more intensity. Really made me sweat this morning. Will be going to the golf course after work tonite to hit the driving range.

Rhea, hope the back is better. I remember my mom threw out her back once by just barely turning to get some bird seed. She ended up on her back for the next 5 days. I've never seen such pain before. Not fun for her.

Janie, did your Cardio Collectibles come? Hope you are enjoying Christi. I did Totally Cool Step over the weekend and really enjoyed it.

Karen, the self defense class sounds like fun, and to do it with your DH too will be even better. Your rotations always looks so good and well thought out. Bet the new doghouse is being used happily.

Got to go now,

Jeanette

Hi all,

Well, it's that time of year. My DH and I make a Fall trip to the South and even visit Mexico to purchase what nots. We won't be having access to the internet at all while we are gone. We are usually gone from Oct. Through Nov. and back home around Christmas time. This year our sons and daughters need our help in taking care of their children during this month while they go on vacations and have time for each other without their children. There will hardly be any breathing room until just before we leave. I hope to continue on this forum when we come back this Winter. I will miss all of you, and there will be a lot of catching up to do.

Hope everyone will get stronger and healthier and that life treats you well. I'll be here until Wedn. then I leave to take care of one of our grandchildren at their house for a few days, then again with someone else, it will be that way all month for family and happy times. Every now and then I'll be able to go home for a couple of days, and then off I go again. If I can I'll post good wishes.

Please do take care,

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

Have a good trip Janie. We will miss you and wait anxiously for updates.

Okay, this weekend was rather fun, but tiring. No workout on Sat. Too much to do to get out to the Lake and not enough time in the a.m. to fit in a workout. But I walk/ran on Sunday for about an hour. Lots of hills and trails with rocks, so it was a bit tough on my shins and ankles. Yesterday I did Solid Gold Step and ab jam. Today I ran home at "lunch" and did Drill Max. I'm a bit pooped. I might have to have a cup of Joe this afternoon to get me going again.

Well, back to procrastinating. Have a great rest of the day everyone!

Good Evening!:)

Don't know what the reason was but I couldn't sleep last night -- finally around 3:45 I finally drifted off to sleep, but had to be up by 7:30 to go pick up my daughter at the airport. So no workout for me today, was really tired.

Got a ticket today, but the cop was nice and we ended up talking for about an hour -- he's a song writer, etc. and we had alot to talk about.

And the big news is that my daughter from New York is here for a couple of days -- work related, but I still get to see her and she's staying here. Gee, it's great to be able to see her -- really miss her, and I'm not always aware of how much until she's come back home.

So because I missed today, I'll have to revise my schedule somewhat, but mostly just the same rotation, but back a day.

Jeanette -- sounds like a good weekend, holiday -- spent with your grandmother and some good time with your DH as well. I, too, hope those fires don't amount to much. We're having some fires here, as well. How did golf go tonight? Oh, and the doghouse -- our dogs -- these are our older dogs -- are loving it -- DH and BIL also build a swamp colder for the dog house because it's been so hot here. Our oldest dog is 16 and she's not as lively as she used to be so the point is to make her days as pleasant as we possibly can.

Janie -- you will be missed. Thanks for letting us know, though, cause otherwise we would have worried, I know. Have a terrific time on your trip -- sounds wonderful. And keep those workouts going, as well. Will look forward to hearing all about it.

Rhea -- Your last comment had me laughing outloud again. Back to procrastinating -- were you at work when you wrote that? Sounds like a fabulous holiday, as well.

Well, now that I've cleared my desk a bit, it's time (past time) for me to get onto those taxes -- maybe some year I'll get to it on time and won't have to keep filing these extentions. So I'm getting it all organized to sit down and get it done.

Gotta run and get to bed -- can't believe it took me so long last night to get to sleep -- don't know why -- hopefully, I'll sleep well tonight.

Have a super day tomorrow and terrific workouts!:7

Hi ladies.

I have decided to do Cathe's September rotation. Monday I did HSTA and yesterday I did KPC. Tonight I am going to do HSC.

Hope all is well. Must go get ready for work.

Becky

Good morning,
Today was CTX Shoulders, S&H Shoulder (most of), GS Legs floorwork (most of) and Ab Jam floor for 60 minutes total. Will do a bike ride tonite. Golf went well last night. At first it was frustrating but then discovered something that really helped. Looking forward to my class next week.

Janie, we will miss you. Hope you have a great time traveling and visiting with your family. Check back in when you can.

Rhea, sounds like your back issues have been resolved. Good workouts for you. Did you go to Eagle Lake? Good thing this site is blocked for me at work or I'd be procrastinating big time.

Becky, good to hear from you.

Karen, that's really cool about the swamp cooler in the dog house. Not so cool about getting a ticket. Good that you found something positive in it. Enjoy that time with your daughter. So nice she can combine business with visiting time too. Finish those taxes yet?

Got to run,

Jeanette

Good morning!

Karen - I'm usually at work. Connection is better and faster. My puter at home is slow. That is one of the items on my list to save for...a faster newer computer.

Well, I think I'll be doing just a cardio today. Unfortunately after bunco yesterday evening, that stupid muscle decided to spasm a bit. Very irritating. It was all better, well, at least I thought it was. I'll just keep it stretching out today. Might make it a 1/2 day if it starts to bug me from all this sitting. (what a great excuse to go home, huh?)

Talk to y'all later!

It was ME for me today -- a premix -- but we had some odd sort of excitement here with some guy hiding out from the cops in our neighborhood who'd done something (I don't know what) and there were cops everywhere -- must've been 30 armed with pistols and rifles cops here -- streets were blocked off and helicopters going overhead. Not real fun. But it was over pretty quickly -- my neighbor tells us that he surrendered -- that the dogs found him.

I went out in the yard once and a neighbor called me to tell me to go back inside.:eek: We really have some pretty good neighbors.

Anyway, it's good to see you Becky. Rotation looks great.

Jeanette -- Are your shoulders sore? Mine would be screaming, I think. No, taxes aren't done yet -- I'm only starting (deep sigh).

Rhea -- my laptop is slow and I always dread having to do work on it because of that -- so I understand. Sorry that your muscles started spasming. Any chance of a massage? Leaving early sounds good to me, too.

So we will be going off to Las Vegas for this four day course -- I know the hotel doesn't have internet, so I might not be able to log on until Tuesday. So let me wish you all a terrific day tomorrow and a great weekend as well. And happy workouts!:7

Hi!

Just a quick post to let you know that I'll be off to Las Vegas today, so probably won't be checking in again until Tuesday. Have a fabulous weekend, everyone and have some terrific workouts!:7

Good evening,
Getting on here late tonite. DH and I had to go down to Redding this morning. Played golf this afternoon with a friend and then all 4 of us went out to dinner for Mexican food. Wonderful company tonite!

Today's workout was 3 combos of Rhythmic Step. Been a long time since I've done this one, but it is fun. Had a good bike ride last evening and planning on a ride after work tomorrow.

Rhea, how was the spasming muscle today? Hope it didn't bother you at all. What workout did you do today? Are you sick of Christi yet? I love her stuff. I have a Tracy Staehle (sp?) High Intensity Step Mix that I like too. I ordered her 2 new ones (a weight workout and a step workout).

Karen, have a great time in Vegas. Bet you will come back a lean, mean fighting machine!

Got to run,

Jeanette

Good morning,
Today was GS Legs (standing) and then the all step premix of SJP. Will try for a bike ride after work tonite. Have 2 BBQ's to go to tomorrow, oh my!!! May just pick the family one and skip the bike club one on Sunday. What's a girl going to do?

Hope everyone one fine and have a great weekend!

Jeanette

Good morning!

Back's a bit better. I didn't workout yesterday since I was completely exhausted. Just sat there and stared at the tv. Went to bed very early too.

No workout planned for today either since I have a massage at 5:15. Even if there was no workout, I think the lovely (being very sarcastic) thick smoke in the air is going to prevent any cardio workouts for today. I'm hoping that the wind kicks up a bit so that it will be blown out of the valley.
At my house it was so thick that you almost couldn't see across the street. Yuck.

Talk to y'all later.

Morning,
Today was LIC Cardio Blast Timesaver, with LIC abs added on. Didn't get the bike ride in after work as the smoke was waaaaay bad! I took a nap in the evening and then studied for a test that I have at the prison this morning. We've been invited to a BBQ this afternoon, but not sure if they'll have it if the smoke is still bad.

Rhea, hope the massage felt good for you. I sure miss mine.

Karen, hope you are getting a lot out of your class and having fun with DH in Vegas.

Jeanette

Good morning,
Had a good, but short weekend. Nice BBQ with the family and friends on Saturday. Beautiful setting where the BBQ was, but smoke so bad you couldn't see the mtns. Ash falling from the fire too. Good time was had by all anyway. Test at prison went well for me. Hope I score high enough on it to get the upgrade on job. Won't know for 8-12 weeks. Yesterday was the group bike ride. 6 of us riders and moved along at a good clip. Next week will do a ride around Lake Almanor. This morning, DH will start work out at the prison. I'll go in early with him so I got up at 2:00 a.m. for workout at 3:00 a.m. Can't believe I used to do this regularly when I was on my previous schedule of 4 10 hour days a week.

Today was Pyramid Upper Body for chest and triceps, then switched to the weight work only in CTX Upper Body for chest and triceps. Finished with B&G Stability Ball abs. Feeling nice right now. If time allows and smoke allows, will do a short bike ride tonite.

Jeanette

Good morning!

Smoke is much better today. Hopefully you'll get a ride in tonight Jeanette.

This weekend, let's see, Saturday was Kickin Core. Yesterday, nada. Just didn't feel like it. I forced myself on Saturday, so I figured that my body needed some sort of rest. Could of been a result of all that lovely smoke my body kept breathing in. Very hard to avoid this weekend.

Not sure what I'll be able to get in today or this week for that matter. Pretty busy. I think I'll aim for some sort stuff. We're off to Oregon for a golf tournament Thurs evening through Sunday, so that will be an "adventure." I've been ordered to get my hiney to the course and hit a bucket of balls every day ( I guess DH doesn't want to be embarrased! Turkey.)

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning,
I did get a bike ride in, but a short one over to my parents house. My shin muscle is pretty sore. I came home and iced it last night too. Have no idea what I did to it.

Today's workout was Pyramid Up only for Back and Biceps, then weight work for both from CTX. After that I added on about 15 minutes of All Step. I had to modify a lot due to my shin muscle being sore.

Today is my golf class after work.

Rhea, where are you going in Oregon for your golf tourney? We usually go to Oregon in September, but not this year. DH just started his new job out at the prison yesterday. What a shock for him. I told him that he'll get used to it.

Hi to everyone.

Jeanette

Good morning!

Yesterday evening I managed to get in a bucket of balls at the golf course and then one of the Power 1/2 hours, Power Abs in. Today I hope to run home at lunch and do Solid Gold Cardio.

I'm hoping that the smoke isn't too bad this evening and I'll join the girls for a nine hole round.

We are going to Klamath Falls to the Reemes (sp?) County Club. I've never been to Klamath, so it will be fun.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi and Good Evening!:)

We didn't get back until very late last night, and I was so exhausted, I just fell into bed -- plus I was the hostess of the blog today, so I had to post last night.

Anyway, the weekend was like a bootcamp -- so much for a leisurely weekend with a little shooting and time with DH. I've never shot in my life and so it was a shock -- literally an emotional experience. Never would I have ever thought my reaction would be so extreme...I cried after the first shot. But I got over it and pushed myself to go on and learn. There were seminars on safety and ethics and morals, etc -- and the entire crew there at Front Sight were either retired cops or military. Not exactly a female environment, about 6 men to 1 female sort of thing. But DH and I were together the entire time -- we "twinned" together or coached each other. If you want to see more about it, I wrote about it on the blog. www.petticoatsandpistols.com. And of course DH did so much better than I did -- and he really loved it.

Read all your posts. Goodness, that smoke sounds really terrible. So sorry you're having all those fires up there. And Jeanette, your DH is now working at the prison, as well. What was the shock, do you think? Hope you did well on your test, as well. Bet you did. Your workouts look great -- some of my favorites -- LIC, Pyramids.

Rhea -- how's that back doing? Really admire you keeping up with the workouts despite the full schedule and not doing as well physically (Back and such) as you might be -- so admirable. That golf tournament sounds like fun. Really fun.

It was tough for me to workout. Saturday we were out with a night shoot and didn't get back to the motel until late and had to be there early -- we basically put in 12 hour days -- so it was like a bookcamp. But well worth it. The band didn't work out -- so next time I'll be sure to take weights. Did get in some cardio, but without Cathe to push me, I tend to go easy on myself.

Not sure about the rest of the week and what sort of workouts I'll be doing, but have you seen the teaser for the new workouts? They look great -- and doesn't Cathe look so pretty -- she looks a bit different -- maybe it's the highlights in her hair or something. Anyway, can't wait for the workouts.

Well, I hear the dogs barking, so I'm off to see what's up with them and then off to bed. Have a super day everyone, and terrific workouts! It's great to be back.:7

Good morning,
Today was S&H Shoulders, then switched to B&G floor work (without glute raises) and then B&G Core. Have a haircut tonite after work. Yesterday's golf class was good. Will be going on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Karen, so glad you are back. Sounds like it was a really good experience for you. I enjoy shooting, but don't like to shoot anything with too much of a kick. Sorry you weren't able to get the workouts in, but maybe a rest from working out was good anyway.

Rhea, I just went thru Klamath Fall on our way up to Hood River, OR last month. Hope you have an enjoyable time at the tournament. Is DH happy with your practicing? LOL!

Got to go,

Jeanette

Am playing catch up. Finally got all my email caught up -- not an easy thing to do apparently.:eek:

Yesterday, since I hadn't gotten in any weight work, I did SJP premix of 46 minutes -- am liking SJP more and more. Then let's see today it was IMAX3 of all things -- on a 4" step -- there's just too many jumps in that workout for me to do it on a 6" step. Body really was up for the intervals, though -- I guess after not working out on the trip, it was pumped up or something.

Let's see -- tomorrow I'm planning MuscleMax -- probably the Timesaver of 57 minutes. Am very happy to be back -- all our animals were happy to see us, too, which makes things good.

Jeanette -- how was the haircut -- reminds me that I need to get mine trimmed. And the golf and bike ride sound lovely.

Rhea -- have fun on your trip -- I know you will.

Hi Becky! Hope you're doing well.

Well, have a super day tomorrow and some terrific workouts! :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.