KK's July check-in

Author

Cathlete
We missed June somehow. ;) Thought I'd begin a new thread. Last one was buried. I think we've all been busy or on vacation or something.

Just have arrived in Florida and getting settled in and all. Hope to not be here too long.

Today was 4DS/Cardio/Bootcamp -- love that workout and yesterday was Total Body Sculpting.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a super day!:D

Hello!

I've been off doing things but still working out. Got a nice blister while running at the lake (put on the wrong socks, they were too loose on the left foot, so got a rub)

Today I did STS Disc #13, will do and short HIIT at lunch and then training for the 5k this evening. I should sleep well this evening. LOL

Hope all is well with everyone!

Good Evening!

Today was 30 minutes of MMA Boxing -- you know I really thought I wouldn't like that workout cause it says "boxing" and yet it's becoming one of my favorites. I can never do the whole workout nowadays cause my workouts need to be short. But even the 30 minutes of it is intense.

Still fighting my weight. I think when I return home, I'm going to have a bunch of veggies cut up to munch on as I drive. Lately I seem to be munching on the wrong thing when on the road and arrive with the weight way up there. Sigh...

Been raining like crazy here in Florida -- rain, rain, rain. But that's a good break from the no rain in LA.

Rhea, your workouts look so good. I've done that before with the socks, only to get some blister or something.:confused: Am so glad you're keeping up with your workouts regardless of work. I know it's tough sometimes -- that's why my workouts have gotten shorter of late.

Have a super day!:D

Thanks KK! I supposed this challenge has helped me keep it up. While I'm running sometimes I think over and over....down to 15% body fat, Maui here I come!

Yesterday's training was intense....a.m. was STS #13, chest shoulders and triceps. Lunchtime was a new Turbo Fire HIIT 15 class (I love her new series); evening was a about 4 mile walk/run. Blister was okay, but I'll have to give it a rest today. (only the running that is...the aerobic shoes don't rub the blister, only the running shoes)

When do get to come back KK?

Good Evening!

Hi Rhea!

Wow! You're inspiring. I know it's a lot of work but am this is all going to pay off. Wish I could spend longer on my workouts, but I just can't right now. Am hoping that in the future I'll be able to get back to longer workouts, but for now I'm trying to do about 1/2 hour in the morning and then about 20 minutes at night before I go to bed.

A couple of questions -- the Turbo Fire Hiit -- is that Charlene? Just wondering. And there's 15 workouts there? Is there anything you can tell me about the series -- is it more running inspired than jumping?

I know I like Cathe's hiit series -- just wondering. I like Charlene, too -- but I gave her workouts to my daughter long ago. Maybe I should look at getting her new series -- if that's who you're talking about.

I fret and fuss with this weight, but don't know what else to do but keep working on it and exercise and watch what I eat. Some of my friends are doing a NO fat diet. I'm not sure I'm into that. I love my fats and would rather just cut back on them.

Anyway today was Hiit Pyramids workout -- my fav of the hiit workouts.

Have a super day! :D

Good Evening!

Just a general post to kinda keep in touch with everyone. Jeanette, hope all it ok with you. Haven't heard from you in a while and so I'm wondering.

Today was Total Body Sculpting. The time is good on that workout and I go heavy on it -- well, heavier than they do. Will try to do something tonight to -- hoping to get the weight down.

Hope you're all having a great time. Have a super day!:D

Yep KK, Chalene has a new series out, Turbo Fire. It has the kickboxing type like Turbo Jam (but a bit more intense I think) and then she has some HIIT workouts, and some sculpt and tone workouts. There is also some dedicated stretch workouts. I really like the Stretch 10 as she concentrates on the neck a lot along with the shoulder joint. I love it. Helps me with that impingement.

I'm not sure how many workouts there are....HIIT 15 is a 15 minutes HIIT, nice and short. lots of jumping, but you can always modify.

Well, I'm a walking piece of lactic acid today. Got myself good with the leg STS yesterday...youch. Got to remember to get more water in me, I've been slacking on that lately.

Good Evening!

Hi Rhea!

Thanks for the info on Charlene. Do you have a website for her by any chance? Those workouts sound wonderful. Must admit that I really like the Hiit workouts and yes, one can always modify -- also like the anaerobics workouts that stress speed also -- just works a slightly different muscle group -- although both Hiit and speed drills are anaerobic.

Anyway, it you have a website, I'd love to go and have a look at what she's doing nowadays. I really liked her too, but forgot about her somewhat after I gave those workouts to my daughter.

Today was 1/2 Cardio & Weights -- will finish it tomorrow. And I've been doing some workouts in the evening too to help with my weight. Sigh... How I wish I didn't have to fight that.

Glad to see you're doing great -- good on getting that lactic acid going :eek:. I get that too.

Good Evening!

Thanks Rhea! I'll go check it out.

Today was the second half of Cardio & Weights. Not so sure what I'll do tomorrow, but wishing everyone here a great day tomorrow!:D

Hello!

Yesterday was Turbo Fire 30, I was going to run in the evening, but the repaint of the kitchen took over, I'll probably forgo the run this evening too, kitchen needs another coat.

I did STS #16 this morning, well, I think #16. First disc of #2 week of Hypertrophy. If I don't think a run will be in store and I get out of court early enough this aftenroon, I'll tack on Fire 30 again, just to get some cardio in. Tomorrow should be a rest day.

Hope ya'll doing well.

Good Evening!

Today for me was Hiit 30/30 and then tonight, the cardio only HSTA -- doing that workout tonight is for my weight.

Am hoping to hit the road this weekend for home. :)

Tomorrow will be some strength training -- probably the 27 minute sculpting -- going heavy -- it's a good time for me.

Your workouts look great, Rhea! And hi!

Good Evening!

Today was 1/2 of Bootcamp -- Intensity Series -- may do another workout tonight before I go to bed -- we'll see.

Hope all is going well. And have a super day!:D

Just got back home last night late. Today I plan on grocery shopping, unpacking, making two weeks of food for Rolly and having great meals. Tomorrow, will do yoga because I feel from all that sitting, this is one I surely need to do. Perhaps a cardio as well.

I'm weary and can't wait to get back to normal.

I've read most of the posts and you all seem to do very well with your routines, rotations and daily exercises. I've missed so much coming home, but will now be able to post personals every day now.

I've missed you.:)

Janie

Good Evening!

Hi Janey! Hi Rhea! And Jeanette!

So good to have you back, Janey. Hope you had a terrific time. I'll be coming home real soon, also.

Have been keeping up with my workouts -- today was my day off -- although I might do a workout tonight before bed. My weight is still not coming off very well. Sigh... So I'm still doing workouts at night.

Still working on the same thing -- short workouts but intense so that hopefully I don't lose the muscle definition that I've built up.

Anyway, hope you all are fine. Again, nice to have you back.:D

Good Evening!

Okay, so today was 4DS Bootcamp -- one of my favs. Anaerobics.

Tonight I really need to do another workout to control my weight -- I'm thinking of cardio only from HSTA -- that's always a good one, too -- then tomorrow and planning the Total Body Sculpting because again the time is so perfect for me -- 27 min. Going a little heavy I hope helps keep me still in shape -- but the time is a good one for me.

Hope you are all doing well. Have a super day! :D

Hi Janie - glad to see you back.

KK - don't worry it will come off, just need to get the right "tweak" down. How about trying to eat some mini meals to see if you can boost up that metabolism?

I've been going strong with the BFFM. Week 8's totals were awesome. Dropped weight (mainly fat, not muscle, whoo hoo) Still going strong with STS. I really think that Meso #2 is my favorite. Don't know why, maybe it is because it is either drop sets or wave loads sets, but I love it.

Well, had better get ready for bed. Tired tonight, the heat is getting to me.

Okay, where did everyone go? It is so hot up here, that workouts are even tough to do except in the am, which I'm not good at cardio in the am, not awake enough. Been doing my STS in the morning, except I cheat and sip my coffee instead of water. :eek: How's everyone else?

Good Evening!

Hi Rhea!

I've been getting home from Florida, touring all the way -- long 5 day trip and only arrived home at 4AM day before yesterday. Have only just unpacked and had two pressing things on my plate immediately that I've been studying for -- just finished one of them tonight. So...

Now I'm going to try to get back on my schedule -- my real schedule -- tour is over -- unfortunately for me no new contract -- but writing has to continue anyway. Plus, I'm taking on the "hat" of getting the accounting straight in my husband's business. So lots to do.

It's great that you're keeping up those workouts. It's been warm here, too, but nice and cool in the evenings -- so different from Florida where I felt as though I were breathing air.:eek:

Today was the anaerobics part of 4DS Bootcamp -- one of my favorite workouts nowadays -- that and the Hiit workouts.

Hi Janie and Netta. Hope you all have a super day tomorrow. I'm going to try to be more regular in posting. I love hearing that you're doing so well on your workouts.:D

Sorry about being absent, been so busy.

Having family over this weekend and MaxCleaning our house. Also will start STS series Sunday or Monday. It depends on family.

I'll try harder to post too.:eek:

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.